Mapping Network Drive

I want to map one of our server drives to my D drive
rather than my C drive.  Where can I find the software
download that will allow me to change the location of
mapped data.  Or does XP Pro already have that ability
and if so how and where do I change the settings.
0
Don
7/1/2003 8:20:12 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hard drive in another PC
My PC is going out and I wonder if the hard drive with the operating system will work in my other computer? The one going out is an HP with 512 RAM and the other is a Compact (older model) with about 200 RAM. -- milkman "milkman2283" <milkman2283@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:147B8F98-092A-4EB9-9D2C-04FC670CAB6D@microsoft.com... > My PC is going out and I wonder if the hard drive with the operating > system > will work in my other computer? The one going out is an HP with 512 RAM > and > the other is a Compact (older model) with about 200 R...

Exchange is driving me crazy please help.
I have just started working at a company last weeek appearently they have lot of issues with Exchange. We have lost our email and our clusters went down for two hours. After sometime we figured out the service accounts for exchange and cluster was locked out for some reason. After unlocking the accounts manually. Cluster and the exchange came back online. Now internal users are unable to email to internal users on the other servers. Example server A can not send email to server B. We have three exchange servers in our enviroment and they are clustered. They can send emails to the inter...

BlazeFind loop Recovery Console wrong drive letter
Hi: When I go into the Recovery Console, the choice I get is #1 C: drive. When I installed XP or did a recovery, don't remember, my main drive changed to F: Drive by itself. I can't get the repair to work to get me out of the log on loop to do a repair of USERINIT. How can I change my choice to F: Drive. thanks...Gene "Wolverine Gene" <Wolverine Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:F09C4180-85D0-469B-893E-9325B1AE21D5@microsoft.com... > Hi: When I go into the Recovery Console, the choice I get is #1 C: drive. > When I...

EXE running from network share larger than EXE itself?
I have a statically linked MFC EXE compiled with VS.NET 7.1 (2003). The EXE is 1.7MB. Hooking up a network bandwidth monitor I noticed that if I run the EXE from a UNC path (ie. Start | Run | \\servername\share\blah.exe), the 1.7MB EXE causes 5.3MB of network traffic to occur between my workstation and \\servername. The WMI is statically linked, like I said, although it does #import the WMI libs and also some network libs (ADSI, Directory Services Object Picker, etc.), but these libs will be used on the local machine, not the remote. In other words, if I run my EXE from \\servername...

Saving Excel file to Network drive
I recently bought a Buffalo network drive so I can access my files from both my laptop and desktop. This works perfect for my Word documents and even my Outlook PST. The problem is when I try to save an Excel (2003) file to the network drive I get a message like File xxx.Xls is possibly changed by an other user since you last saved it, do you want to overwrite it or to save with another name. (My Office version is not in English so this is my translation of the message) This only happens if I open an existing file, it happens even after I try to save it immediately after ope...

Computer is driving me crazy
I have had numerous BSOD over the last couple weeks. I have tried disk check, memory diagnostic, system restore, driver updates, etc. Last night, I decided I would try updating to Windows 7 in case there was some compatibility issue, and it wouldn't allow it because it stated SP 1 was not installed. Windows update states that it has installed successfully, but the system information doesn't show it as being installed. When I go to refresh my system update and check for new updates, it comes up with an error. Does anyone have any ideas? I have attached some recent memory d...

MSExch2003 Cluster, change drive letters data path
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by ed...

How to link the network database?
Hello all: I want to program a code about database using vc,I want to put the database in the server and the application is put in the local PC.I know if I want to link the database in the server from local PC with ODBC, I must set the database to be shared in.I think it may be insecurities. who could tell how to do?thank you very much. ...

floppy not accessible in a drive #2
I've been having trouble with "A" drive in Excel. I put in the disc to update it with information and it will not retrieve any material previously put on the disc and indicates "a drive not accessible - may be formatted for macintosh"...then everything n my disc is gone and i can't access the "A" drive anymore. What is happening here....what am I doing wrong.? L. Findlay First, it's not a good idea to work directly off a floppy. Better to use windows explorer to copy to your local harddrive, work on it there, then use windows explorer to copy ...

Question regarding the simultaneous use of tape drives
Hi folks, a customer of us wants to use DPM instead of their current Symantec solution. A question I coudn't answer was if they could use their 6-drive tape-robot to for example backing up and restoring at the same time. Thank you in advance for your support! -- Christoph Schmidt || IT Consultant @ TOP TECHNOLOGIES CONSULTING || MCITP EA If there 6 drives available in a library 6 tape related jobs can be run in parallel at any time. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Christop...

RMS Mapping
------------------------------------- Hi everyone. I am a single store owner and i have been using quickbooks 2003 for my accounting. I recently bought another system for the back office and wish to upgrade to QB 2009. After uninstalling QB 2003 from the first computer and installing QB 2009 on the new computer, i discovered that RMS manager still maintained the mapping to the old system. Infact it is greyed out not allowing me to create a new mapping. Please how do i correct this. Thanks. ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://...

MS CRM Redeployment Wizard
When importing the mapping xml files an error occurred: "An error occurred during mapping the computer accounts - the mapping failed" 09/16/2005 02:32:40 This computer's DN = CN=SERVER1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=ClientORG,DC=local, GUID = {17427c3d-fe59-46d3-b28f-6c1d7ec4aa28}, SID = S-1-5-21-2811433622-801027495-562083374-1007 09/16/2005 02:32:40 ERROR: attempt to reuse name CN=SERVER1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=ClientORG,DC=local 09/16/2005 02:32:40 Exception of type System.Exception was thrown. 09/16/2005 02:32:40 SDTransform 09/16/2005 02:32:40 An error occurred during the...

how to stop the "Enter Network Password" pop-up?
Hello, I use Outlook 2002 SP3 on XP Home. Recently, a dialog box titled "Enter Network Password", with text "Please type your user name and password.(...)" appears on top, frequently. This box appears (on top) every few times that either I manually hit the Outlook "Send/Receive" button, or the Outlook checks for new mail automatically (every 2 minutes). Of course I type in the correct password and check "Save this password (...)" box. Does not help - again in a few times e-mail is checked, the same box will appear. I can send/receive, but the pop-u...

Network home directories: Excel (2004 and 2008) won't work!!!
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel This is my configuration: - a LDAP Server (Mac OS X Server 10.5.2) - a AFP File Server (Mac OS X Server 10.5.2) - a Client (Mac OS X 10.5.2) Microsoft Excel 2004 (11.4.1) and Excel 2008 All up to date as of today (04/08/2008). The client is configured so that the user is defined on the LDAP server and his home directory resides on the file server. Everything is OK except: Excel is not able to open any file that resides in the home directory. The message that appears says 'Microsoft Excel cannot access the file&#...

moving crm installation to new network..
I've done a few searches on migration issues, but most seem to be about getting data into a new CRM install. What I'm looking at is moving an existing MS CRM3 install from one network to a completely new network. Not just a new SQL server or IIS/ CRM server, but an entirely new AD. We have a client who wants to move from their local LAN into a new hosted environment, so there's no real upgrade path for their current stuff, its basically a 100% fresh network. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Or perhaps I should be asking if this is even possible? CRM is so heavily tied...

SBS2003 Exchange mailbox store drive full
Hi all, Having problems due to lack of space on a customers D drive which runs out of space and dismounts the mailbox store. I have deleted emails and cleared space, which only creates a 100Mb or so. Presumably I now need to eseutil /d but there isn't enough free space on D: drive to do this with the mailbox store being around 20Gb. There is an additional data drive installed, so if I dismount the store and do a Eseutil /d /t "f:\temp.edb" will this do the defrag and then copy back/reduce the size of the original file, or do I then need to delete and copy ba...

Office wants to install to CD-ROM D: Drive not hard drive!
Never seen this one before, at the default location it specifies C:\<path> but when I hit continue it shows install location as D:\<path>, indicates no room for install, (of course) and will not go further. What's up ere? There was a 2007 60-day trial on this computer that was removed so I could install Office 2003. Something left in Registry? Custom install, to the path shown in default path,? "nogeeks.org" <nogeeks.org@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4DA1661-9000-48F6-9AB4-182739A26BCC@microsoft.com... > Never seen this on...

XML

Allowing multiple users across a network to a single .pst file
Hello, I was wondering whether there is a way to add the same .pst-archive to multiple users across a network. The pst-archive is located on a shared network drive, but I can only add the file in 1 useraccount, the others tell me 'the file is in use'. Is there a way to circumvent this? Best regards, Sven Herremans That would be a surefire way to make sure that it get corrupted and unusable. Sven Herremans wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering whether there is a way to add the same .pst-archive to > multiple users across a network. > >...

remote backup in local drive
hi i want to make a backup/copy of a remote SQL Server database and save it to my local SQL Server, any one help me?? or khow a tools that do this??????? -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201005/1 ...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

Trying to Write Files to CD Drive,,,,
Hello, I'm trying to write some files to a blank CD, and/or a DVD. No matter which media I'm trying to write to, I get the same error message: "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do?" The choices in the dialog box are to Retry or Cancel. This error occurs no matter if I drag and drop files to the CD drive folder, or use the context menu :Send To:, or use the copy and paste commands in the File and Edit menus. Any suggestions? Thanks! Mark has writing to a cd/dvd ever been possible for you? i...

Can't read A drive
I just installed Windows xp sp3 on an older Compaq workstation. When I try to read a file on the A drive I can get the list of files on the floppy but I cant read any of the files even .txt files. I get messages like "cannot read theA:readme.txt file or in another case "the folder is invalid or corrupted" I can use notepad to write a file and then write it to the floppy and I can read the file back My objective in all this is to load windows 3.1 into the virtual machine Sun virtual Box. When I try to load the boot disk using virtual box I have the same proble...

scalar i500 with 2 IBM ultrium td4 LTO4 drives
The library can see the drives and the tapes but when i try to run a backup it only uses one of the drives how can i make DPM use both drives at the same time Modify the protection group to use two drives. By default it is allocated with only one drive. -- Thanks Shyama Hembram This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Cesar M." <CesarM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19D59637-4A4B-4C33-8E45-6B993C2E1176@microsoft.com... > The library can see the drives and the tapes but when i try to run ...

Mapping Attributes not working as expected
Hi The ‘mapping attributes’ feature is not working in an expected way in ms crm 3.0. I have tried the mapping between two customizable entity (account and contact) as well as between two custom entities I build. When I select the primary entity from the related entity form, the mapped fields do not generate any value, although the primary entity’s corresponding mapped field contains data. This is true for both cases when the focus is lost from the lookup field and also after saving the form. Is there anything that I may be missing due to which the data is not getting mapped? Any help on...