Mapping from Account to Contact

I have published the existing mappings in the customization, and even tried
adding some, but I still can't get the fields such as address and phone
number to auto fill-in when creating a new contact and selecting the Parent
Account.  I have tried doing this from the Parent Account by creating a new
contact from there, and still, nothing auto fills.  Is anyone else having
this problem.  Could something have installed improperly when I installed the
software?  It appears as though the default mappings in the customization
show the relationship/mappings between the Account Entity and the Contact
Entity.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Kenbo,

You can only use mapping from an account to a contact. Make sure that you
have followed these steps:
- open crm
- go to settings
- go to customization
- go to customize entities
- open account
- go to relationships
- open the relationship with contact (parental)
- go to mappings
- add a new mapping (for instance account.telephone2, contact.telephone2)
- save and close
- publish
- go to the accountlist
- open an account
- fill in the fields you wish to map
- open the listing of contacts related to this account (left bar under
sub-accounts)
- click 'new contact' there
- the fields must map now

Hope this helps,
--
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Kenbo" wrote:

> I have published the existing mappings in the customization, and even tried
> adding some, but I still can't get the fields such as address and phone
> number to auto fill-in when creating a new contact and selecting the Parent
> Account.  I have tried doing this from the Parent Account by creating a new
> contact from there, and still, nothing auto fills.  Is anyone else having
> this problem.  Could something have installed improperly when I installed the
> software?  It appears as though the default mappings in the customization
> show the relationship/mappings between the Account Entity and the Contact
> Entity.
Hi !
I tried to do a mapping between account and contact. After that, the
"mapiing" option is no more displayed. I need to delete it, because any
contact I try to save inside an account return a system error. The parental
relationship between account and contact is no more mappable. Any idea ?
--
Andrea Campelo
TECNOATIVA

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Hi Kenbo,
>
> You can only use mapping from an account to a contact. Make sure that you
> have followed these steps:
> - open crm
> - go to settings
> - go to customization
> - go to customize entities
> - open account
> - go to relationships
> - open the relationship with contact (parental)
> - go to mappings
> - add a new mapping (for instance account.telephone2, contact.telephone2)
> - save and close
> - publish
> - go to the accountlist
> - open an account
> - fill in the fields you wish to map
> - open the listing of contacts related to this account (left bar under
> sub-accounts)
> - click 'new contact' there
> - the fields must map now
>
> Hope this helps,
> --
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
> http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/
>

> "Kenbo" wrote:
>
> > I have published the existing mappings in the customization, and even tried
> > adding some, but I still can't get the fields such as address and phone
> > number to auto fill-in when creating a new contact and selecting the Parent
> > Account.  I have tried doing this from the Parent Account by creating a new
> > contact from there, and still, nothing auto fills.  Is anyone else having
> > this problem.  Could something have installed improperly when I installed the
> > software?  It appears as though the default mappings in the customization
> > show the relationship/mappings between the Account Entity and the Contact
> > Entity.

OWA Error: The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
I discovered that I am getting this error for users whom I restricted the "Log on to..." Security Setting in AD to their own computers. How can I get OWA to work without having to disable this security feature? I already tried adding the NETBIOS name of the Exchange Server to the Log on to List, but that didn't work. ...

Account Summary Reports
Hello, I have a problem with the predefined Account Summary Reports: If I open an account and go to the Actions toolbar >> click Reports >> Use Current Record >> click the name of the report (e.g. account summary) a new page pops up, but w/o any data on it. Its just blue and it has the CRM "File" and "Help" menus and the Title of the report displayed underneath it. All other reports under the normal reports section are running fine! Did anybody have this problem before? Thanks, Nikolas ...

How do I add multiple hotmail and comcast email accounts to Outloo
How do I add multiple hotmail and comcast email accounts to Outlook? Just add them! "Newbie" <Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE08E58-A7CA-4DF4-B413-D493824746C5@microsoft.com... > How do I add multiple hotmail and comcast email accounts to Outlook? Add them using Tools, Accounts dialog. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lis...

income summary account from Accounting 101
Hello: In the first-semester college "principles of accounting" class, students are taught about the Income Summary account that is used to contain the month's profit and loss accounts. In GP, year-end close zeroes out the profit and loss accounts into Retained Earnings automatically. GP does not do so, really, for month-end purposes. So, in order to conduct an automated month-end close to Income Summary account, would the following tasks be conducted?: (1) Create the Income Summary account in Account Maintenance as a P&L account with a credit balance, (2) Creat...

Office Document Connection wont connect and locks my AD account
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello <br><br>I have been using Document Connection (DC) happily with my company's SharePoint for some weeks now. Today I had some hiccup with my AD account password, which is now sorted and I can now log onto the SharePoint site through Safari and authenticate to access the WebDAV through Finder. <br><br>However when I accessed the same WebDAV using Document Connection I was told that I didn't have permission and my AD account got locked. It looks like DC hammered my AD account...

Contact List question
I have a user that when typing in a name to be resolved by outlook for a new email, her contact list produces two listing for that person with two different addresses. I have search all her contacts and her computer, there is only one record of the email address on file, where is the second address coming from? On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:33:03 -0700, ghutnick <ghutnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user that when typing in a name to be resolved by outlook for a new >email, her contact list produces two listing for that person with two >different addresses. I ...

Can you connect to E*Trade brokerage account
I'm a new Money 2005 user and I have successfully been able set up my online accounts except one, E*Trade. I keep getting the message "Your accounts couldn't be updated with infromation from your bank or brokerage". Called Microsoft and they blame E*Trade, called E*Trade and they didn't even know Money 2005 was out already. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm I correct in assuming that I use the same username and password to access the information through Money as I do from the E*Trade website. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I am using both M2003 deluxe and M...

Prepayment account distribution payables
It would be useful to be able to setup a different account for the payables pre-payments, so you could know the balance or total amount of prepayments stored in a different account and not in the general Accounts Payable account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Balancing Savings Account
I have Money 2004 and have been using money for years. Over the past several versions, I have noticed that when I go to balance a Savings account that earns interest, the system freezes on me if I enter the Interest amount in the Balance Wizard at the begining. I have to leave it blank then postpone the balance and when I start to balance again, it lets me put an interest amount in the wizard. What can I do to resolve this? This was happening on 2003, and 2002. Thanks for your help in advance. This question has come up before, and I don't recall seeing a 'true fix' listed ...

Sending Reminders out to another Contact
About 5 years ago I learned that through Outlook you could send reminders out to other individuals using Outlook. I am now in that situation where I would love to use that feature. Can you please guide me through the setup process? Thank you for you help. William Query Outlook Help files and follow the directions you find there. If you have questions once you have read the basics, feel free to post back. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

Add a sent contact record gives duplicate contact warning
If someone emails me a contact when I right click over the card and Add To Contact, the contact record opens - I add a category and when I go to save it it comes up with a Duplicate record warning even though the record is not in my contact folder. If I receive a card with an amendment for someone in my contacts folder the Duplicate record window opens showing 2 records in the top pane for me to select which one to save. I am baffled -- Many thanks Carol ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most v...

business contact manager support
When I try to open my Outlook I get an error messages that says, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and then it shuts down and restarts again to say the same thing. I'm not sure what this means how how to go around it. Any suggestions Uninstall Business Contact Manager go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d21f3d89-46ac-4a27-b4c7-be05723d53e5&displaylang=en and download patch. I was ahving same problem, this corrected it. "Clueless newbie" <Clueless newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Send thru different accounts
Hi, I have 4 pop3 email accounts. I normally send through one account and my return address is set up xxxx@yyyy.com. Account 2 has a different domain and my address is xxxxx@qqqq.com Account 3 has a different domain and my address is xxxxx@llll.com. How come no matter what account I send my email through the return address is always xxxx@yyyy.com? When I review each account they all show that they have their own email address associated. It kinda defeats the purpose to have the same email return address going out on each email I send regardless of the domain I use. Any Ideas? Thanks ...

Repeated request to enter user name and psw for pop3 account
Hi, Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 account on pop.mail.yahoo.com I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo webmail and reentered the username and psw into outlook/email accounts. Still, every time it does send/receive, the window "Enter Network Password" pops up... Vista home premium SP1, office 2007 SP2 Thank you for your help. On 12/29/2009 10:46 AM, Erik wrote: > Hi, > Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 > account on pop.mail.yahoo.com > I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo web...

Investment Account Download
My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether or not I open her file in Money 2006, when I download HER Statement it automatically goes to MY Account. I've tried everything I know...Downloading with her account open in Money, closed in money, and no matter what I do Money automatically thinks it's my Account. Any help available? Thanks -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)> wrote: >My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether >or not I open her file in Money 2006, wh...

Restrict information fields for contacts in Outlook emails
I often send email to multiple people and want them to see who other recipients were. However, I don't want a recipient to be able to right-click on another recipient's email and by looking at the "properties" see their cell phone, and other personal information I have for that contact in my contact list. How can I use Outlook 2007 to manage my contacts, and use those contacts to address emails, but not send ALL the fields I have for a contact for every email "co-recipient" to see. Does that make sense? It seems this must be basic and obvious, bu...

how many times ... identical email to 150 contacts
Hi, I would like to know how many times an email gets sent out of exchange 2000 (via our link 512kb - ADSL) if you send 150 emails with an attachment of (2MB). I am ending 1 identical email message + identical (2mb) attachents to 150 contacts. My question is will 150 X 2MB (300 MB) get sent out through our pipe or does it function like the single instance message storage (if yes) does this have to be enabled? Please note that most of the emails that get sent out are to contacts who are not a user on there (their mailbox isn't on this server). Irene In the last exciting episode, &qu...

Automatic tracking of ALL incoming and outgoing e-mails to and from CRM 4 contacts
Is there a easy way to do this. We have a third party plugin which the developer has said they are no longer supporting in CRM4 as it is not necessary. With thanks Mark On Mar 27, 3:42=A0pm, "Mark Gould" <MarkGo...@community.nospam> wrote: > Is there a easy way to do this. > > We have a third party plugin which the developer has said they are no lon= ger > supporting in CRM4 as it is not necessary. > > With thanks > > Mark Hi Mark, not 100% sure what you meant. CRM does include an email router to track all emails between you email system and ...

Money Market Accounts
Can anyone tell me how to create a money market account for an ira? I tried to create one by setting up an investment account, but i'm having trouble balancing the account between the cash transactions and investment. I've read a few postings (they were complicated for me) and know there is an issue but i couldnt find anything with a soloution. In microsoft.public.money, dkopel22@hotmail.com wrote: >Can anyone tell me how to create a money market account for an ira? I >tried to create one by setting up an investment account, but i'm >having trouble balancing the account ...

Filter out account segment in FRx report
I need to modify a report to filter out the last segment of an account number. Here's the account format: xxxx-xxx-xxx where first segment is Account, second segment is Department and 3rd segment is Project. I need to be able to run the report excluding the a certain Project ID (201 in this case) from the report results. I'm using a tree with &&&&-100-xxx (for example) in the account mask and a row format with the main account segment specified. There are 14 departments in the tree. I'm sure it's something simple that's escaping me - should be a piece ...

Clicking Between Accounts In Live Mail Freezes Program??
Hello. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate. I'm virus and spyware clean. The computer runs very fast with a quad core processor and 4GB ram. All components are high-end. I work in IT and keep the machine clean. After Installing LiveMail version 14.0.8089.0726 (upgraded from Windows Mail) I set up 5 separate accounts from my local ISP, Yahoo, and Gmail. When I try and click (one left click) from one account to another in Live Mail, the program freezes and it takes about 30 seconds for the list of messages & email view to populate. When I do this it is not checking for...

Outlook contacts has 2 lines & has the Notes twice
All my contacts that have private notes, are duplicated on a second line, at the begining, where they can be seen, not only where I put my notes Columm , how do i delete the second line, Is autopreview enabled? Look on the view menu. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips....

How do I set up a digital signature for my e-mail account?
I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? Do you mean a regular signature ?? Tools/options/signature picker ???? Steve "machen@shaw.ca" wrote: > I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? ...

Stored account passwords
I have had an account password and pin stored for Nationwide for automatic downloading of my statements for many years. I have just noticed that the password and pin have been removed from my money file. I have tried to store this again, but when I try to signon to Nationwide as part of the change process it does not manage to sign me on. I am certain that the password & pin are correct, I can sign onto the nationwide site directly. In microsoft.public.money, wjwestcott wrote: >I have had an account password and pin stored for Nationwide for automatic >downloading of my state...

account structure #2
Hi, my question is if i can use accounts that use 3 segments and accounts that use 4 segments without having to fill the spaces with 0 on the accounts that only use 3 segments Thank you Hi there, No this is not possible under the same company in Dynamics GP. The account structure within a company needs to be consistent, but if you setup a second company you can use a different account structure. Your best bet, as you describe, is to zero fill the account segment that you are not using. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lu...