Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0 #2

Hi

I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1
relationships in CRM 4.0.

We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of
contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact.
We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom
entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice
in the navigation pane for contacts.

We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not
appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts'. We basically want
to group the custom entity. Should we possibly be creating a Many to Many
relationship.

I hope the question makes sense.

Thanks
Mark
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

I have the same problem, did you manage to get around this?

Thanks,

Katherine

"Mark Braithwaite" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1
> relationships in CRM 4.0.
>
> We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of
> contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact.
> We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom
> entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice
> in the navigation pane for contacts.
>
> We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not
> appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts'. We basically want
> to group the custom entity. Should we possibly be creating a Many to Many
> relationship.
>
> I hope the question makes sense.
>
> Thanks
> Mark
0
K (139)
5/30/2008 3:05:02 PM
Hi

I have not found a solution to this issue. I was thinking that it was
probably one of the limitations of CRM 4.0 and perhaps there is'nt a solution.

Please let me know if you come across a workaround.

Thanks

Regards
Mark

"K" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have the same problem, did you manage to get around this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Katherine
>
> "Mark Braithwaite" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1
> > relationships in CRM 4.0.
> >
> > We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of
> > contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact.
> > We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom
> > entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice
> > in the navigation pane for contacts.
> >
> > We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not
> > appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts'. We basically want
> > to group the custom entity. Should we possibly be creating a Many to Many
> > relationship.
> >
> > I hope the question makes sense.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark

Distribution List Question #4
If I have a distribution list setup in exchange 2003 for the entire company can I limit access who can use it? upper management does want everyone to send out stupid email using the distibution list. thanks for any help Yes you can. Go to group's properties | Exchange General tab | Message restrictions and under "Accept messages:" select Only from. Populate the list of folks/groups who an send messages to the group. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Corey Patterson" <cpatterson@...

HQ Server/Client Issues after applying HotFix 2.0.0115
I applied HotFix 2.0.0115 Tuesday night/Wednesday and today we seem to be having a lot of connection issues. Worksheet 401s are taking a long time to process, and by "a long time" I mean 5+ minutes instead of the usual 40 seconds. Whenever a client is connected to HQ, the machine that hosts HQ Server sees CPU usage at 70% or higher for the duration of the connection. Has anybody else experience this problem? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C885DC.3C0CF2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&...

Decommission 1 CRM Server
Folks We have 4 CRM servers and I would like to decommission one server, the original CRM server but when it is down, all the outlook clients do not function and I have used the configuration tool to point them to a different CRM server - what step am I missing? Regards Gavin I do not know the intallation setup but i feel tht you have installed the client whie using the name of server like http://<server-name>:portnumber . The quick way to resolve is to change the registry values in the user's computer insead of re-configuring . ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wo...

Number AutoCorrect 2
I need an Invoice Number text box in the format “0000-yy”. The catch is, users are supposed to enter “0345-yy”, but some will forget to enter the zero “345- 07”. How can I get it so that if the zero is left out an expression will automatically enter it? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200712/1 One choice is to use an input mask in an attempt to force the users to enter six digits. Something like this may do it: 0000-00 However, it does not prevent users from entering the zero at the end. Assuming the year is alread...

Synchronize Outlook with CRM
Hello, This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering what Synchronize Outlook with CRM does? It obviously doesn't really synch up the database like it does when it goes offline. Can anyone shed some light for me? Thanks, Chris It starts a synchronization between Outlook contacts, appointments and tasks with CRM contacts, appointment activities and task activities "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E006CCC0-18F8-48CA-B67B-55F88F05280F@microsoft.com... > Hello > > This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering...

Email within CRM 10-20-05
Hi All, As I understand it, Exchange server is a must if you need to create, send, reply, forward emails within the CRM. Has anyone found any alternatives. I just want to do the above mention but we don't have exchange server. Thanks. Kim. I believe Salentica has a solution where you can use an SMTP server for outgoing email. Note that the incomming email and tracking part won't work any longer, the CRM Router and Exchange is needed for that. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Kim" wrote: > Hi All, > > As I understand it, Exchange server is ...

how to get rid of errors? #2
Thanks for the input, but actually I was more concerned about gettin rid of all error messages when the file loads up. It looks like yo gave me a cool utility, but I am not too concerned about fixing th links. Is there a way to ignore all messages that pop up when i load my exce sheet? regardless of what it is? Thank -- Jon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 Think deleting all the "pha...

Netscape 7.0 export
Any way to export mail, address book, etc from Netscape 7.1 into Outlook? Doesn't seem to be supported beyond Netscape 4.0.... "Al Sheppard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512d01c3e529$c921ef10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Any way to export mail, address book, etc from Netscape 7.1 > into Outlook? Doesn't seem to be supported beyond Netscape > 4.0.... You need to use Netscape 4.x or Eudora as an intermediary. ...

CRM updates?
I just installed MS CRM 3.0, the demo version that was released a few months ago. I figured that surely there would be be updates, bug fixes, etc., but a visit to Microsoft Update did not find any. Questions: Have there been any updates? Is MS Update the place to find them? If not, where? MS Update will not update CRM. Since it's a business app, hotfixes are not automatically applied since many are only distributed when customers experience specific issues that require the hotfix. There is also a potential of some hotfixes requiring isntall on the client machines as well, so t...

Media for CRM 3.0
Where do customeres on software assurance get media for CRM 3.0. Will it come in the mail, or does the partner have to order it form them? -- --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon ---------------------------- Pierre, You have to order a mediakit for CRM 3.0. This must be doen via a Microsoft Partner. It's around ? 30,00 -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Pierre Hulsebus" <support@ehtc.com> w...

Money 97 on Microsoft XP #2
Bob, thanks for answer. I=B4m located in Madrid, Spain. How could I buy Money 2006? Microsoft Europe adviced that is only available on USA. And in any case, after bought and downloaded M2006: It will be possible to import my files created with Money 97? regards , Joe. I can only think of Amazon.com or eBay. However it is virtually impossible to get a file created by a non-US version into a US one. There are some very tedious steps to export and import but you lose so much information it really isn't worth it. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/28.aspx and importantly the Notes at...

Conditional Formula #2
Hi All- I want to write a formula that will look at project value and assign a % fee charge as follows: Project 0 - $ 100, Fee 10%; Project $101 -$500, Fee 8%, Project above $501, Fee 5%. I can write the formula that looks at project cost and finds fee, BUT I want to set it so that a $600 project will generate a 10% charge for first $100, 8% charge for next $399 and a 5% charge for the remaining $99. How do I do it? Many Thanks!! Assuming Project Cost is in cell A1, try this: =(MIN(A1,100)*0.1)+IF(A1>100,(A1-100)*0.08,0)+IF(A1>500,(A1-500)*0.05,0) HTH, Elkar "Captain ...

CRM & Navision Attain
Hi, Our company is a MSBS Navision Attain Solution Center (NSC) and MS Partner in Belgium. We're currently investigating if it's possible to use CRM together with Navision Attain, speaking of synchronization, orders, contacts, leads, etc.... Can someone shed some light over this? I have the impression that currently only Great Plains is supported (kind of a plug-in?) to work with CRM. Are there any plans in the near future to integrate CRM with Attain? Thanks for you time, Wim Teuwens check out www.ebridgesoft.com for other integrations "Wim Teuwens" <Wte@anaxis.be...

1.2 Redeployment Tool Unhandled Exception
I am trying to recreate a V1.2 environment for testing purposes (with a view to upgrade to V3.0) Have restored db's but when I try to run the redeployment wizard I get the following error message:- An unhandled exception has occured in your application... Unkown error (0x80005000) The details are shown below. Anyone experience this before or have any ideas? Most grateful for any help. Details: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Runtime.InteropServices.COM...

drawing toolbar #2
does anyone know how to get the Drawing toolbar to appear? clicking the drawing icon and selecting drawing from the view -> toolbars menu do not seem to work.. it is as though the toolbar is there, but hidden somewhere... how do I get it to appear .. thanks in advance, Maree try view << toolbar <<drawing thereafter it would normally pop up somewhere at the bottom of the page. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Maree It tends to pl...

truly global CRM solution?
Does anyone have any more updated information on when Microsoft CRM will turn into a truly global CRM solution? Cheers Ryan More detailed question required. We are using it fine in Germany =) Ryan, As far as I know, this has not yet made their roadmap. There is talk of them doing this, but no word on when we will see a truly multi-lingual install supported. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:52:37 -0400, "Ryan Finnesey" <ryan.finnesey@inporatechnologies.com> wrote: Do...

Spreadsheet (version 1).xls: file format is not valid
My question was not posted from Tuesday, March 30, 2010, so I am asking again. Windows 7, excel 2007, while spreadsheet open, not necessarily in the middle of editing, arbitrarily goes to recovering the spreadsheet, then document recovery comes up on the left and the message as in the subject line appears. A converter was added about a week ago, that has been removed, but still having the issue. Please help. ...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 #2
Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008? Does GP9.0 appear to perform correctly on SQL Server 2008? Thank you. GP 9.0 is not officially supported on SQL Server 2008, however, if your databases are on SQL Server 2005, you can transfer them to a SQL Server 2008 box under database compatibility 9.0 (SQL Server 2005). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Marv" wrote: > Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008? Does GP9.0 appear to p...

Concatenate 2 columns date & time
Hi, I am working with Excel 2003 and have a ws that I need to combine column B which is a date, with column C which contains the time. No matter how I have formatted column D, I cannot get the date to display correctly. What I have is: B C 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I need column D to show as: 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I have tried several different formulas/formatting in Column D but always end u...

funny working ListBox or a bug in VS 6.0 ?
Hi! I have a problem with setting the character set in my ListBox (List). When I create a CFont object with a specific character set and I set that font in the Device Context recieved from the ListBox, then it is OK. I can write through that DC in the chosen charset. See Code : CFont * font = new CFont; CFont *oldFont; CPaintDC dc( List ); font->CreateFont (28,0,0,0,700,0,0,0, RUSSIAN_CHARSET,OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH|FF_DONTCARE, "Arial"); oldFont = dc.SelectObject( font); dc.ExtTextOut(10,170,0, NULL,"some text", str...

windows 7 and outlook client for crm 3.0 supported?
according to latest implementation guide 3.05 it is not :-(. anyone please. -- thanks in advance / danke im voraus, fritz -- Fritz Theiss ...

IE Browser crashes when accessing CRM
When accessing the CRM web site from our server, things work fine. When I try to access any of the CRM urls from a client in our domain, the IE browser crashes. Which I find odd. No broken link, it just crashes. Has anyone seen this problem before?? Disable popup blocker or exclude CRM URL from popup blocker list "Neil Greene" <NeilGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12F2E8DD-6E0A-470B-BCDE-1AB02F9D40B0@microsoft.com... > When accessing the CRM web site from our server, things work fine. > > When I try to access any of the CRM urls from a c...

Snoozing reminders for 2 weeks doesn't work?
I've always found that snoozing a reminder for 2 weeks doesn't appear to work -- I see a reminder within a few minutes. 1 week and below seems to work fine. Is this a known issue? Googling didn't turn up anything... Thanks -- Aidan Whitehall ...

2 pcs
I have money on my home tower. However, we often go volunteering for 2 months or more. Would like to transfer money to my notebook while gone. Any suggestions? TIA -- ____________________________________ In Christ's matchless name ted & colleen n6trf kc6rue If the Money license is a retail license, you can install/use it on both machines per the EULA terms. Move the data file over, Go. Com back. Move the data file back. "n6trf" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message news:Oxjr%2390BHHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have money on my ...

How to backup Microsoft CRM
At our company we want to create full backups of the MS CRM system every night. But we don't want to stop any services to do so. Is this possible to do, or will CRM lock the database so other tools cannot access it. And what if we are running the backup and CRM want's to access data from sqlserver. Is there a way to ensure 24/7 support to our users? A second question is what to backup. Do we need to backup only the entire sqlserver database, or are other directories or settings needed? Are there any "Best Practices" on this subject, or Microsoft Guidelines? Thanks in adva...