Manual Sales Methodology -- Need Help

Hi,

Here is my situation.   We are trying to implement a manual sales
methodology.  Basically I have a dropdown list called "Sales Stage" with
values entitles "Stage 1", "Stage 2" and "Stage 3".   I need the values here
to effect the sales pipeline and the sales pipeline report.    The other
issue is that a lead can advance or retreat in the sales cycle.  Meaning it
could go from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and then back to Stage 1 or could go  Stage
1 to Stage 3 and then to Stage 2.

I know I need a workflow setup (as just effecting the "stepname" field
directly does not accomplish anything) to do this and I need my stages in
the workflow, but am having trouble figuring out how I should strucutre this
workflow.

Any suggestions?

Alan

0
Alan
5/12/2008 12:57:16 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Alan,

I had the same problem as you and resolved it in the following way:
This problem has to do with the fact that CRM wants to use 1 workflow per
sales cycle, and at the end of the workflow it inserts an entry into the
asynoperationbase table amongst others.  To fix this I amened some views.
1) Amend the SalesProcessInstance view add the "modifiedon"  column using
the design view
2) To keep everything standard (i.e. to keep the original pipeline report in
CRM) I renamed the "FilteredSalesProcessInstamce" to
"FilteredSalesProcessInstance_Original" and also added the "modifiedon" column
3) Create a new view called "FilteredSalesProcessInstance" and add the
"FilteredSalesProcessInstance_Original" view.  The SQL should look like this:

SELECT     BusinessUnitId, BusinessUnitIdDsc, BusinessUnitIdName,
OpportunityId, OpportunityIdDsc, OpportunityIdName, SalesProcessInstanceId,
                      SalesProcessName, SalesStageName, ModifiedOn
FROM         dbo.FilteredSalesProcessInstance_original
WHERE     (ModifiedOn IN
                          (SELECT     Newestdate
                            FROM          (SELECT DISTINCT OpportunityId,
MAX(ModifiedOn) AS Newestdate
                                                    FROM
dbo.FilteredSalesProcessInstance_original AS
FilteredSalesProcessInstance_original_1
                                                    GROUP BY OpportunityId)
AS op))

Effectively what I am doing is assuming that the modifiedon date is unique
AND selecting the newest modifiedon date for every unique opportunityid.

Run the pipeline repot and it works!

rgds

Garth

"Alan Whitehouse" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is my situation.   We are trying to implement a manual sales
> methodology.  Basically I have a dropdown list called "Sales Stage" with
> values entitles "Stage 1", "Stage 2" and "Stage 3".   I need the values here
> to effect the sales pipeline and the sales pipeline report.    The other
> issue is that a lead can advance or retreat in the sales cycle.  Meaning it
> could go from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and then back to Stage 1 or could go  Stage
> 1 to Stage 3 and then to Stage 2.
>
> I know I need a workflow setup (as just effecting the "stepname" field
> directly does not accomplish anything) to do this and I need my stages in
> the workflow, but am having trouble figuring out how I should strucutre this
> workflow.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Alan

0
GarthH (1)

userform help
I'm trying to insert data into the first empty cell. My code keeps overwriting the last entry...could someone help me figure out where I've messed up? Thank you in advance Dawna Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim rRng As Range Set rRng = Range("A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) With rRng.Offset(rRng.Count + 1, 0).Select rRng.Offset(1, 1) = Me.TbDate rRng.Offset(1, 3) = Me.cboname rRng.Offset(1, 5) = Me.TbPO rRng.Offset(1, 6) = Me.TbCustom Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim rRng As Range LastRow = Range("A&qu...

RFR Interface Errors HELP!
Help! I keep getting the following errors on our Exchange 2k3 server. It's running on a Win2k3 DC that is also a Global Catalog server. It's been in this configuration since Exchange 2k3 was released. Suddenly, I'm getting these odd errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: RFR Interface Event ID: 9143 Date: 4/19/2006 Time: 7:15:17 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER_NAME_HERE Description: Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a Global Catalog becomes av...

help balancing account
I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about balancing accounts in MS Money 2004. To get started I downloaded several ofx files from my bank and imported them. I marked all the transactions as reconciled and tried to balance the account. My statements show a starting and ending date and a beginning and ending balance. I have tried entering a statement starting date for "Statement date:" and the starting and ending balance from that statment. The result I get is: "Money has calculeated a different starting balance than the one you entered." Why is it asking me for...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

Help with a batch file
I have an application to image my hard disk partitions. I can run the application from commandline, specifying, among othjer options, the partition to target, and the location and name of the output image file. Here's what I want to do. List all the existing image files in the output path. They will be in the format C_Drive-001.tbi, and C_Drive-002.tbi etc. I want to find the seqence number of the last file, and use it to generate the filename for the next file. In this case it will be C_Drive-003.tbi. On the succesfull completion of the image, then delete the oldest ima...

HELP!!! Can't get forumla figured out!
Hello, This is my first posting to this forum, and I haven't been able to search using the right criteria (not even sure what I would search under) to find what I need so I thought I would post a thread with the question. I have an access query that gives me the results in a spreadsheet layout, with 2 worksheets on it. I need to create a forumla that will look at the data on the 2nd sheet and compare the values in 2 particular columns with the value in one cell on the 1st sheet and populate a different cell on the 1st sheet with a count of entries from the 2nd sheet. If Sheet B, Colu...

Need to export from outlook 2007 into Excel, include date and tim
Exporting from Outlook 2007 to either Excel or Access Need email information date sent not modified subject line to from http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/outlook-export/ Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010" http://www.contactgenie.com "MicroMacroMicro" <MicroMacroMicro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2AD2A0-7A64-45D7...

Help! #5
How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without setting the autofilter for all the columns? Any help much apreciated. Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter. Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not included in autofilter wil also be hidden. (please excuse my hefty english) -- AP "Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without > setting the autofilt...

Help with Combo-box
Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and their is a (simple :) solution). Basically I have a simple combo-box that is displayed in a dialog. Now, the problem is that I have around 7200 entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data). :( Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that wou...

Embedded word doc changed to image-need to change back to word.
I have an embedded word document that misteriously changed into an image. This image is not a word doc converted into a picture (i.e. like I convert an embedded word doc by right clicking and selecting 'image object', 'covert', and then select to activate as a word doc.) but an actual image as if I inserted a picture. Need to turn the image back into a word doc so I can recover my work. It would also be nice to figure out how I am changing to an image, amost seems like a bug since it has randomly happened twice. ...

Need help extracting text from EDLs
I really am trying to learn this stuff, but I haven't programmed anything since my TRS-80 Basic days and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I want to extract text from Edit Decision Lists so that I have a list of shots used in a film. Here is an example of one event of an EDL: 002 TAPE004 V C 04:45:22:06 04:45:24:14 02:00:08:00 02:00:10:08 FROM CLIP NAME: 7C-4_B_ DLEDL: PATH: /raids/luc_1/bun/reel_02/oscans/1222/bun_7c_4_b_02/2048x1556/ The text that follows "FROM CLIP NAME:" is the name of the clip that I want to extract so that I have a document on onl...

HELP SCREENS, can't get help..
HELP SCREENS, can't get help.. 100723 1900 no pun.. can't get help on how to turn off "TILE" windows if using the term correctly. had seen setting somewhere, to stop Excel from minimizing to a narrow window when help opens (how the heck supposed to compare help to work doing when reducing window on us: cannot read window). where is the setting to stop windows / excel help from resizing to a narrow screen, when you open help. Top left of the help window autotile icon (looks like double page). It toggles between the help andexcel windows being tiled and vo...

Durations keep changing... Help!
Ok... it's me again - brand new user... I need to list resources (sometimes multiple) for each task, but ONLY show it shows up on a report for each person. We do not assign or track real/actaul hours. So here's what I've done to try to simplify... Task #1: Tasks/Advanced Tab: "Must Start On" with a start date (this is the only constraint I've set in the project); Fixed Duration; Effort Driven unchecked All other tasks have the same settings except no constraint date and default to "As Soon as Possible." Each Resource: Booking type - P...

HELP! When I removed Office XP did I lose by inbox file?
I didn't archive my inbox and personal folders before removing Office XP. Now I have reinstalled Office XP and thought I could find my old data files. but all of the import and repair tools work with PST which I don't have. I remember that previously there were seperate inbox files and can not find them now. Thank you for your input. Ron Be sure to show hidden and system files on your computer and then do a search for *.pst. This should get you started... "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c3ba63$265a8120$a401280a@phx.gbl....

Ex5.5 to E2003 intra org migration ...help
Hi.. Berfore I get to issue I would first like to begin by asking the following question..>> There seems to be some difference between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 and how permissions are applied to public folders. Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory objects, such as users and security groups; and Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange objects, such as mailboxes and distribution lists. This means to apply permissions to public folders, Active Directory must have the equivalent to an Exchange distribution list which is Universal security groups ..As a result to keep the permmisions on Exchan...

Rebar help
Does anyone know a good example of a Rebar control like the ones in VC++ 6 enviornment? Also, how to implement a dropdown toolbar menu? Thanks in advance. Bruce, Here, you'll find lots of articles - I'd be surprised if you don't find one matching your needs: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/ http://www.codeproject.com/docking/ Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bruce" <xg1@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:uUlAHiNHEHA.324@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know a good example of a Rebar control like the ones in VC++ 6 > en...

newbie needs help in Ezcel programming
Hi everyone, please help me with this, newbie to Excel. I know what I want but, but dont know how to get it! I have a spreadsheet called Rawdata.xls and within that a sheet called "table a". The sheet contains data within B10:I100 where column b contains a list of non-unique codes, and column C contains a number of unique identifiers. Another spreadsheet called Tables.xls contains a sheet called "Numbers". Cell B10 contains a list of all the codes contained in a defined range (which is the same as all the codes in column b of "table a" in RawData.xls What I ...

Publisher help #3
I created a website and i am able to upload it and view it in firefox but not in any version of IE. Not exactly what i did wrong. But any help would be appreciated. Thanks Astro Repost this question in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign newsgroup and add the URL to your problem website. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Astroda" <Astroda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ADC0F87-CD62-421D-8088-61541AD6117B@microsoft.com... > I created a website and i am able to upload it and view it in firefox but > not > in a...

Help with a formmula change in a "flag" parameter!
The formula I have below in Column R works just fine. It creates a flag for me (in Column R) that lets me know one of two things: “Client Failed to Enroll on Time”, and “Return Referral Form to Referent”. Here is that formula: =IF(H4="","",IF(K4<>"","",IF(S4="Sent","Client Failed to Enroll on Time",IF(AND(K4="",TODAY()>WORKDAY(H4,10,AA4:AA12)),"Return Referral Form to Referent","")))) The one change (addition) that I’d like to make, is this: If Column N is toggled to say “Hudson ...

Help on Outlook automation
Hi all, I need to register my callback functions with outlook, to get notifications on events like new mail received and retrieve the mail subject line and sender. I want to do the same through managed code. Any idea, how to achieve it? Regards, Neo You will probably want to post this in one of the Outlook programming groups. The real experts with code hang out there and seldom slum in these general groups. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without re...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

Timeout issues on Sales Orders with many Products
Hi all, I'm experiencing timeout issues with Sales Orders that have 25-30 products on the Order Detail level. I haven't found any documentation on this particular issue. Has any ever seen this before? I'm a little loathe to start reindexing the tables, especially considering the SalesOrderDetail table has less than 300 rows. -Luke ...

Landed Costs Setup help
Hello, I would appreciate some advice on landed costs setup. Let=92s say I import goods from Germany. I use a shipping company called CargoShipers, Inc. CargoShippers takes care of handling the shipping costs, duty and inspection fees. So I go into inventory and setup 3 service type items for shipping, duty and inspection. But what do I set the inventory asset account to? These are really expenses right? Then once I create the service type inventory items, I need to create 3 landed cost ids =96 one for each type and assign those ids to CargoShippes as the vendor correct? I...

Invoicing select lines (or "releases") from a Sales Order
In Great Plains 7.5... I'm trying to choose the best way to handle a very common business transaction we encounter with sales orders having multiple releases. For example, a customer orders 300 Widgets as 3 lines of 100 widgets each. Each line has a different delivery due date, such as 100 pcs Feb 1, 100 pcs Mar 1, and 100 pcs Apr 1. The problem happens when we go to "transfer to invoice" for the individual releases. We want a clear for the invoice to be only for a particular release, and for it to be clear in the original order as to what lines still remain to be s...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...