Making fields business recommended with Java

Hello,

I am wondering whether it is also possible to use OnChange event
Javascript to make fields business recommended in stead of business
required??
I am aware that changing setFieldReqLevel tot 'true' makes field in
question business required. Can you also do this for business
recommended fields??

Any help is appreciated

Michiel
0
mcjvandenheuvel
2/15/2005 10:45:50 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Not really.  The only thing the Business Recommended does is change the color of
the label.  You could probably find out how to address the HTML via the DHTML
object model for the literal and try changing the style, but would probably be a
lot of effort.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 15 Feb 2005 02:45:50 -0800, mcjvandenheuvel@hotmail.com (Michiel) wrote:

Hello,

I am wondering whether it is also possible to use OnChange event
Javascript to make fields business recommended in stead of business
required??
I am aware that changing setFieldReqLevel tot 'true' makes field in
question business required. Can you also do this for business
recommended fields??

Any help is appreciated

Michiel

0
Matt

Add fields and filters to OWA views
Are there any third party apps or updates from MS that expand or make it possible to edit the OWA look, feel, options, layout, or anything else about it? Where can I change the source code? Any suggested links for beginning programmers wanting to change OWA? I expecially need to add some fields and filters to views. PremP ...

Puting all the null field to 0
Is there anyway to use code to make all the empty/null field update to 0?Thanks for help. You can use an Update query to convert Null values to zero, e.g.: UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = 0 WHERE MyField Is Null; Before you do that, you might wish to consider why this is needed. If it is just that you are having difficulty handling the nulls, see: Nulls: Do I need them? at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-11.html Alternatively, if you just need this for a particular situation, you can use Nz() or IIf() as a calculated field in a query to substitute zeros for nulls in that context. ...

Business Portal should allow me to access different dynamics.set
I use GP to manage several different companies. Each company had different check formats. It is fairly simple to set up different report.dic files for different companies if you are using terminal services directly or are using GP from your desktop, however, if you are running thru Business Portal you are only allowed to point to one dynamics.set file. It would be great if you could set up BP so that it would point to different dynamics.set files for differnt companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

USer Di & TImeStamp in Notes Field??
I have the following Code onChange for an Addtional Information Nvarchar Field I am trying to put this at the end of the text after each time I save it, so it can tell me the time of day and the User who entered it. But what it does, is just give me the Date and timeStamp and deletes the text I typed in. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks // To Get the System Date and Time var d=new Date(); var curr_day=d.getDate(); var curr_month=d.getMonth(); var curr_yr=d.getYear(); var curr_hr=d.getHours(); var curr_min=d.getMinutes(); var curr_date=curr_day+"/"+curr_month+"/"+...

Show only unique records in duplicated field
Hello, I need to limit repeated (but not duplicated) records in a query. Here's my structure: tblCompanies *CompanyID CompanyName tblCategories *CategoryID CategoryName tblCategoryAssignment *CatAssignmentID CompanyID CategoryID This structure allows a company to be assigned more than one category. I want to be able run a query searching for companies that belong several categories, i.e. show me all companies that have category assignments of either software or nonprofit. Something like TechSoup would come up twice. I'm interested in viewing the company names, not necessari...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

How do I refresh a PivotTable and remove outdated page field entr.
After refreshing a pivot table in Excel 2000, page fields values include those that were in the old pivot table data but are absent from the refreshed data. For instance, a page field button named 'Year' lists 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 as values. However, the data no loger includes any rows for years 1998 and 1999. How do I remove these values without re-creating the pivot table from scratch? There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html NT wrote: > After refreshing a piv...

fields in the RecordSource
I get a runtime 2465 error in attempting to reference one of the fields in the RecordSource of a report. E.g., Dim intCount As Integer intCount = Me.CountField Access can't find the referenced field, "CountField". Yet, using the "Me." autofill shows all the field names in the RecordSource of the report. What am I missing? Bill Which event is being used to run that code? If it's the Open event, the report's fields are not available to the VBA code at that time. You more likely want to use the Format or Print event of a section of the report that might...

Using variable in field name
Hi. I have a table whose fields are named boolType00, boolType01, boolType02, ..., boolType19. I need to make a loop and real all of the 20 fields. Something like: Dim i1 As Integer i1=0 While i1 < 20 Debug.Print MyTable!boolType"i1" i1=i1+1 Wend Is there a way to do it? Thanks H. Martins If you OpenRecordset, you can refer to the field in the recordset like this: Debug.Print rs.Fields("boolType" & i1) If you need help with using a recordset, see: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample Lots of repeating fields like that usua...

adding user defined fields in RM Detail Aged TB
Hi! Is it possible to include the fields entered in Sales User-Defined Fields Entry window in the RM Detail Aged TB - Options report in report writer? Thanks, Mel ...

Combox
I have written a nice little function that returns a list of values that i would like to use in a combo box. So far, It seems I can only pull from a named range for the values. The background: The contents of the combo need to vary depending on the value in the box next to it. Basically, we have a big lookup table and we use the value to the left of the combo box to filter that data through a custom function. The function comes in because we need to remove dupes, blanks, and clean it up somewhat. Is there any way, even a round-about way, to get it to use the function? Some kind of tempor...

How to make detail section expand/contract relative to number of l
My report contains various numbers of lines in the detail section, but the report is always the same length. How to make it shrink/expand as needed. ...

Introduction to the maintenance of luxury watches recommendations the second point
2. Watch waterproof Waterproof watches rely on table mirror, rear cover, head, etc. to achieve waterproof apron corresponding standards. Water tables are all covered in the end playing a "WATER RESISTANT" or "WATER PROOF" of English words. Tag watches only dust-free water should avoid cleaning the bathroom. 30 meters (3ATM, that is 3 atm) water table, toilet or in the rain for daily use, that is, only the splashing water droplets on the surface but do not have any water pressure increases on the table. 50 meters waterproof table suitable for swimming and ge...

Newbee Q: How to make search field in excel sheet?
Hi. I am using Excel in a rather stupid way. I work in sales and have all my company leads in here, so I can keep them in check. What I would like to have though, is a field where I can type part of a company name, and then the Excel ark goes to the first cell that matches... It seems so simple, but I have almost never used Excel before, so I'm lost... Any quick tips out there? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have you tried Edit / Find? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03...

Make my own xml variables.
Does anyone know how to make our own xml variables, if yes how?? For example, i want to make a variables to show the total items in departments that i sold: report.department.totaldepartmentitemsold. hi Now I got you. So you want total by department. Actually you can create as many varialble as you want but also you can use the only fields available. like below you said you wanted to use the report.department.totaldepartmentitemsold which will not be the case as this field is not avaialble for the xml. however you can use the FOR loop and then make your total of department base on it....

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

Sending mail to many users using the to-field.
Hi I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. All users getting the mail sees all other users in the to-field. Is it possible to hide other recipients without using the bcc? Tor-Magne Other than using the BCC field you can try using a mass mail tool to send individual items to each of the recipients like the ones shown here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/massmail.asp "Tor-Magne" <tttms@online.no> wrote in message news:uku9uHTVJHA.1788@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. > All users g...

"Too many fields defined" error message
I received a "Too many fields defined" error message when importing an Excel 97 spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. There are 256 columns in the Excel 97 spreadsheet, all containing data. How do I correct this in Excel 97? It's a bug. There's a bit of information in the following MSKB article: BUG: Cannot Import Excel 97 Spreadsheet with 256 or More Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=207446 Godzilla wrote: > I received a "Too many fields defined" error message when > importing an Excel 97 spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. > There ...

How do I make additions to my toolbars apply to every word documen
In Microsoft Word 2003, everytime I add a button to the toolbar it is removed after I close the document and reopen it. I did not have this problem before, but I recently had to replace the hard drive and re-install Microsoft Office, and now I do not know how to enable saving changes to my tool bar. There are several features such as "page format," "envelopes and labels," "line spacing," that I use all the time. Before re-installing Microsoft office I could simply click on an existing toolbar drop down menu, go to "add or remove buttons,"...

query destination field
How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1. I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck albert I think you can just delete Rows 1:3 and it will adjust accordingly. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "albert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E1E67B-F7A0-4FD3-A78E-C4E1CCC22453@microsoft.com... > How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query b...

Making height of box in report dependent of content
Hi all, There are a few memo fields in my report, with variable amounts of possible content. How can I make the height of the box dependent of the content inside it? I already tried to figure out the information on http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0010.htm, but it was quite complicated. Is there an easier way to solve my problem? I hope someone is willing and able to help me; it would make me very happy. Bye! Sietske -- Set the can grow property of the controls for the memo fields to YES -- Set the can grow property of the section containing those controls to YES -- Make sure...

Need to display blank fields
It would be really good to have 26 records display per page (or at least on 1 page) even if there are only 2 records. In other words, today I have 2 checks but I need 24 blank records after to make up the entire deposit slip. Someone mentioned a line method but I do not believe that would get me the numbers 3. - 26. along side the blank records. Any ideas? "Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote > It would be really good to have 26 records > display per page (or at least on 1 page) even > if there are only 2 records. In other words, > today I hav...

Form Field/Function problem
On my main form, I have 4 boxes/fields as numbers. I have a function that takes the score from 3 of those fields and automatically adds them together and returns the total score to that 4th box/field. That part works the way it should. The problem I'm having and can't get to work is that if all 3 of the separate score boxes have a score of 60 or higher then the total score should be colored green, but if any of the 3 separate scores are below 60 then the total score should be red. I've entered some code that would check the scores of the 3 individual scores and change...

making a backup of your database
If you use the database utility in Access to make a backup of your database, does it only back up the database as it is at that moment, or does the backup copy also get updated if you make changes in the original database? Thanks, ds It does not get updated if you make changes to the original database. That would sort of defeat the point of a backup! -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Debbie S." <DebbieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B232ED2-0DE4-45E7-8A53-1A9AA19EBD4B@microsoft.com... > If...

Office 2003 with Business contact manager.
I am using Maximizer 7 and cannot import the data files into the Business contact manager component of Outlook. Any suggestions? Regards Carlos ...