making a field required when selecting case resolved

On the case entity, I'd like to make a few fields required only when
the user select Actions>resolved.  If they select to resolve, these
fields would become required, but they can save the case without this
data while working the case.  How would I control the field
requirement?

Thanks

0
heather
5/9/2006 3:09:11 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

return value based on combo box selection
I have a combo box (cmbShipDate) in a form that is based on a table with drop down values of ShipDate1, ShipDate2, ShipDate3, etc. I have created a text box and I want the correct ship date to be displayed based on the combo box selection. These ship dates are all stored in a table called tblOrder. I thought I could use the DLookUp fuction, but I'm not doing something correctly. Thanks I don't understand what you mean by "based on a table with drop down values". And when you say the "ship dates are all stored in ... tblOrder", do you mean tha...

change fonts for specific fields in a report
A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a particular field in a Great Plains report? If the report is a text report, you can't change the font. If it's a graphical report, click on the field and press <Ctrl-D>. "caincognito@yahoo.com" wrote: > A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too > small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a > particular field in a Great Plains report? > > If it is a text report, you...

How do I refresh the selection listboxes on a pivot table?
The field-level (column) selection boxes used to select the data to be included in a pivot table include old and new values. How do I refresh these list boxes so they only include values that are present in the current source data? The list box continues to show values that are no longer in the data set. Click in the Pivot Table to bring up the Pivot Table toolbar. (If that doesn't bring it up, rt-click a toolbar and select it from the list.) Click the button with the ! icon to Refresh the Pivot Table. Hope this helps |:>) "WWW.CS" wrote: > The field-level (colu...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Field Service modules integrated to PDAs
We have field service modules (service call management, RMA, RTV) implemented on Great Plains 8. What options do I have so that our field technicians access this information (read or inquiry capability) over say PDA. I am looking for Microsoft and ISV options. FieldConnect's FieldACCESS solution provides this capability. For more information contact me at 949-428-1540 or c.wawrina@fieldconnect.com. Carl Wawrina FieldConnect, Inc. "Jack Tundra" wrote: > We have field service modules (service call management, RMA, RTV) > implemented on Great Plains 8. What option...

Implication of setting the Publish Task field to No
Hi all, Can anyone pls advise of what the implications are on setting the publish task field to no in terms of reporting. For example if using reports from the resource centre to review actual work by resource will non published tasks be included. Or if running a report through the OLAP cube? Further should fields like total project costs displayed in the Project Centre or OLAP reports display the total minus the non published tasks? We are currently setting a number of project tasks to publish No to simplify the timesheet experience for resources but are noting a number of ...

Report writer function/calculated field question
I have a string field that consists of a number followed by a decimal followed by 5 zeroes. The number is always a whole number so I want to remove the decimal and the 5 zeroes. However, since the field is a string, I'm struggling to find a way to do that. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks. Zack I would use the RW_Strip user defined function. This function will return the value of the string with all occurrences of the specified characters stripped out. So you want to strip out .00000 and retrieve the remaining value? You would pass in the string field and then the characters y...

Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating
When I convert a Access 97 report to Word 97, some of the memo fields truncate in Word. It does not matter the size of the data in the memo field. Sometimes the data is a only a few sentices, other times a large paragraph. Other times a very large paragraph will come accross fully intacted. Thanks. Laurie wrote: -------------------- | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message | From: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Sender: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Subject: Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating | Date:...

Display/Hide a Form Control/Field Based On Another Field Value?
Hi all, I have to Combo boxes on a form. The first one I would always like users to see. The second, however, I would like hidden if the first box has certain values selected. So, if ComboBox1 has values of 1 or 2, I would like ComboBox2 to show as normal. If ComboBox1 has a value of 3, I would like ComboBox2 hidden. Is there a relatively simple way of doing this, if at all? Thanks for your help as always! --Eric You have to take care of 2 things: (1) When you move from record to record and the combo box contents changes (2) When the user changes the contents of the combo box For (1), inse...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Making sure data is saved on closing application
Hi, I have built myself the following application from 'Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days' chapter 'Day 14 - Retrieving Data from an ODBC Database' http://serghei.net/docs/programming/c++/ty%20visualC++6%2021%20days/ch14/ch14.htm The application lets you edit and add records to a database (as well as just retreive them). The application uses recordset flags in code to make sure that data is saved if you edit one record and move to another. However, there is no code to make sure new or edited data is saved when the application is exited. After having poked about, I have...

SMTP virtual server still required ??
Hi, I have configured my SMTP connector. Do i still require SMTP VS? or can i remove or stop it? any guide appreciated. Yes, because the SMTP Connector requires/uses the SMTP virtual server as a Bridgehead. Reposting my reply to another poster on 5/16 in exchange.connectivity: ----- Not a silly question at all, and an often misunderstood concept. - SMTP virtual server is an instance of SMTP service running on a particular combination of an IP address and a TCP port on an Exchange server. - SMTP Connectors, on the other hand, are setup to specifically *route mail to external mail syste...

Random selection
Hi, I need your help to find a solution for the following issue: I have a file with a list of cards in column B. I need a macro to select randomly 5% of the cards and copy it in column D. Is possible to do this? Thanks for your attention try this code. It copies column B to column IU and then put a random number into column IV. finally sorts the random number to and copies results back to colun D. Sub getRandomCard() 'copy column b to column IU Columns("B").Copy _ Destination:=Columns("IU") 'get last row LastRow = Range("IU...

Selecting text for Emailing
Hello, I have question that maybe someone could help me with. I have a database where on the form I placed a command button to send emails. Works great and in fact, I even got it to pull the information from selceted fields on the current record. What I would like to know is: Is there a way to pick up the name of the field and have the information that was inputted in that field appear next to the name in the email? For Example: Currently my email body picks up only the information so the loan number field only shows the loan number and the Date In field only show a date. 123456789 1...

Filter Datasheet based on Combo Box selection
I have a SubForm that displays in Datasheet view. I want to add a Combo Box just above the SubForm that the user can select the Pay_Period_Ending_Date, and once selected I would like the Datasheet to filter based on this date. Can someone please direct me as to how I can do this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Pasadena-D - You can put your combobox in the header section of the subform. Then based on the selection in the combobox, you can apply your filter like this (using your fieldnames and combobox name). If the user will click on an item, you can ...

How do I remove requirement for Hotmail account
I have gone into Tools -> Settings -> "Access your Money data on the Web" and told it to quit storing my personal data on MSN Money site. But MS Money still wants to log into the Hotmail account. How do I get rid of the login to Hotmail account? -rwg See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=116. "rwg" <rwgreene999@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148219441.975601.36050@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have gone into Tools -> Settings -> "Access your Money data on the > Web" and told it to quit storing my personal data on MSN Money site...

Formatting date fields after export
I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other applications. The data formats to "yyyy-mm-dd" and cannot be modified unless I double-click on each field. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And what solutions would you suggest? It is probably seen as text, select the imported dates, do data>text to columns, click next twice, under column data format select date and YMD click finish Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Raymond" wrote: > I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other > applications. The d...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

need to know how to incorporate drop-down fields and lists
working w/ms word 2003, Designing my own webpage... want to incorporate both drop-down fields and drop-down lists, won"t let me put in the text i need??? Talk to me like i"m ten yrs. old.... new to this stuff. Thanks!!! ...

Virtual Fields
There are times when I want to display information that I don't want to store to the data base, it would be nice to be able to have fields added to the form that can be populated through events. These fields are nice for the User to display information if a format that they are familiar with. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

The cursor in Excel select groups of cells and I can't get out.
I have found that my cursor seems to lock up for some unknown reason occasionally and when I try to escape I can't get out. The program just selects the adjacent cells wherever I move my mouse. It is maddening since I must shut down Excel to get out. Does anyone know why this is happening? http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jenn" wrote: > I have found that my cursor seems to lock up for some unknown reason > occasionally and when I try to escape I can't get out. The program just > selects the adjacent cells wherever ...

copy fields forward for new records.
I am trying to copy fields forward in a data entry form, so the user doesn't have to keep re-entering certain fields that usually stay the same. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks! Hi Open the form in design view and set the Default value of the control (right click the control and open the properties box to do this) Hope this helps -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ColbyS" wrote: > I am trying to copy fields forward in a data entry form, so the user doesn't > have to keep re-entering certain fields that usually stay the same. Anybody > know how to do...

convert a field format DD:HH:MM to hours & minute
I have a field formated as DD:HH:MM:ss and i need to convert the DD:HH:MM in to HH.MM using the decimal plac as the delimiter any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

mySQL datetime field reports as Long Integer with ODBC
I'm using Access 2003 as a reporting tool against a mySQL database, connecting with the mySQL ODBC driver 3.51.17. The ODBC driver reports every datetime field as a Long Integer in Access. This makes date operations problematic. I notice an interesting post in this forum from 2005 that would work fine ("Convert UNIX time to windows general date"), but using a function with every row seems like an unnecessary performance hit. Also, it seems counter-intuitive that the driver doesn't recognize the correct field type. The problem looks suspiciously like the mySQL bug rep...

set first record to zero in a calculated field
I have a query which compares the current record's create time with the previous record's create time, which gives me the number of seconds elapsed between button presses. All works fine, except the first record is blank. I want it to say either zero or 1 second, regardless of what the query say's. This is the SQL (which creates a sub query from the exisitng table in order to compare current with previous record.) SELECT tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_No, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_waypoint_List_ID, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_waypoint, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Targe...