Mailmerge - missing fields

Hello,

when we do a mailmerge from CRM 3.0 to Word, unfortunately only certain
fields are being "transferred" to Word (I know that used-defined fields will
never be copied, but we also have several other "standard" fields which we
would like to have in Word but we don't). Thus I have two questions:

a.) How can I tell a given field to be included in the transfer-process in a
mailmerge?

b.) Is there anything like a list of fields which are included in a
mailmerge by standard?

Thanks so much for any help!

Tobias.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

There is no way in the standard mail merge functionality of MS CRM to
tell which fields should be included.
Therefore we developed a Add-On for MS CRM which gives you the
possibility to select which fields should be exported to Word. You can
use also custom fields and entities. Additionally it gives you the
possibility to get data from related entites, for example parent
account fields for contacts or primary conact fields for an account or

There are many more feature in this Add-On.
You will find a list at www.mscrm-addons.com.
You could also download a trial-version from our homepage after
registration.

Regards,
Christian Ternek
________________
www.mscrm-addons.com

Tobias R wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when we do a mailmerge from CRM 3.0 to Word, unfortunately only certain
> fields are being "transferred" to Word (I know that used-defined fields will
> never be copied, but we also have several other "standard" fields which we
> would like to have in Word but we don't). Thus I have two questions:
>
> a.) How can I tell a given field to be included in the transfer-process in a
> mailmerge?
>
> b.) Is there anything like a list of fields which are included in a
> mailmerge by standard?
>
> Thanks so much for any help!
>
> Tobias.

0
christian

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

Quote.dot missing
Hi, My quote.dot template for CRM Quote mail merge is missing from my system. Where can I get it back? Need it ASAP for a demo tomorrow!! Was there when in SFOC and chose a quote, then chose print quote for customer but now it is not. This machine has been modified and things moved around! HELP Please! Thanks! Shauna P.S. Any others or articles on how to modify this for version 1.2? Found it - could not search on a hidden file. "Shauna Koppang" wrote: > Hi, > > My quote.dot template for CRM Quote mail merge is missing from my system. > Where can I get it ...

duplicating / Missing Emails
Good Afternoon: I am the owner od several GRP Mailboxes. I reacehed the 50 Meg Limit and moved some mail out to a empty PST File to receive more mail in. Cleaned out the mail and when I went to put back the mail that I moved it grew in size to 2100 unread from 1800 unread. Any Suggestions on how 300 items were duplicated and also do you know of an easy way to find them - instead of going one by one -- Thanks in Advance -- Michael ...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, One of our users is experiencing a missing toolbar in their CRM Outlook Desktop client for Microsoft CRM 3.0. The main toolbar appears, but the "Track in CRM" toolbar does not appear in the Opened Email View. I have searched the web and the closest thing I can find is this thread posted two years ago to this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/2a2a23357f48a2fe Unfortunately, the solution did not work for me & apparently for others. I have reinstalled, removed and replaced the COM addins, applied Rollups 1,2 & 3,...

Business Alerts (trim fields, email excel report)
I have two suggestions for Business alerts: 1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by accessing the related sql tables directly) 2) Add the option to email an excel or csv file, rather than a text file. The default text file that comes out doesn't open directly into excel with each field in a separate column. Victor... Hi Victor, Have you found out if the file attachment can be changed to excel or csv, maybe in 10.0? "Victor" wrote: > I have two suggestions for Business alerts: > 1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by a...

Access query with IIF statements is null for a field and not null
I am trying to insert a comma between [name] and [section name] field if the [name] field is not null - but I don't want the comma if the [name] field is null RPTNAME: IIf([name]=" ",[section name],IIf([name]>" ",[name] & ", " & [section name])) But the RPTNAME comes up blank if there is not data in the [name] field. Any suggestions? You want to use the isnull() function probably. if there is no data in the [name] field to test for this you would if(isnull([name],[section name],[name] & ", " & [section name]...

summing fields
I have a form with the fields AR, LA, OK, TX, MS, Other... I enter miles in each field. Somedays I wont enter anything in the field. How do I add all of the entries and put them in the "Total Daily Mileage" field. I have it working now by entering =[AR]+[LA]+[TX]+[MS]+[OK]+[Other] but when there is nothing entered in one field nothing shows in Total Daily Mileage... -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com First, a caution... If you have repeating fields (you appear to have multiple "state" fields) in your table definition, you have ... a spreadsheet! You ...

Populate a custom field in a scrolling window....(Dave Musgrave please HELP!!)
I have customized the payment application scrolling window to show the customer PO number for each record using the following code. It seemed (at first) to work great but during testing I discovered two issues: a) The first record (only) does not populate the field b) If the user clicks on the custom field the system returns "the record has been deleted by another user" and the rows all disappear. >From reading other posts I think problem b) can be corrected by setting a range but am unable to get my mind around exactly how. Possibly a) is related to b). Any assistance is real...

Signature on reply messages is missing!
Hello, I set up my mail preferences in such a way that my signature text is embedded in my mail. This is true for my new and reply messages. I always get my signature text in my new messages but not in replys. Why? What should I do to make sure that even the replys will be embedded with my signature text. Thank you. Cem Hi. Go to Tools, Options, and select the Mail Format tab. At the very bottom is a check box which controls whether or not signatures appear in Forwarded mail and/or Replys. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > I set up my mail preferences in such...

How to create an input field in query
If I had a query that pulled from several tables and one of the fields pulled was State. How can I get the query to ask me what state I want..so I can type in NY or MN or CA and have it just give me those?Thanks One simple way is to do so in the design grid of the query. You could simply type the following into the first 'Criteria' row under the State field:[Enter the State you want]Or, whatever you want it to ask for. When the query is triggered, a box will appear, asking the user for the input. Be sure to include the brackets as shown above.In the Access Help files you can look fo...

Version resource missing in MFC exe
I am building an MFC unmanaged C++ dialog app in Studio 2005, and have created a version resource for each of the build configurations. But when I right-click on the EXE file that is generated and select Properties, the Version tab exists but is blank! If I drag and drop the EXE into Studio, I can browse all the resources just fine, including the version resource. I have other projects that use MFC, C++ unmanaged in Studio 2005 and the version resource shows up just fine. I'm guessing I have a configuration setting wrong somewhere. Any ideas? You can open the RC file in text mode...

Inbox missing from Storage folders in Windows Life Mail
My entire set of Inbox letters has disappeared from "Storage Folders". Even the word "Inbox" has disappeared and I cannot access the hundreds of letters which were stored in it. How can I get this all back? Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Randidel" <Ra...

Change Gray field color to another color in a form
Is it possible to change the gray field color in a form to another color? This is what I would like to do. thanks! No. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jugglertwo" <Jugglertwo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C534BF8-FCBC-4CA4-A605-EDB5C088A716@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the gray field color in a form to another color? > This is what I would like to do. > thanks! No. However you could turn off the form field shading and apply a shading co...

How can I get my Outlook custom fields into CRM?
We are trying to get Exchange data into CRM. I can export from public folders into a text file and then DTS into SQL Server for use with the CDF staging database. But the problem is that I can only export the standard Outlook fields. None of the custom fields we created comes over. I can view the contents of the custom fields in a grid and then copy and paste the contents into Excel but any CR/LFs in the data are preserved and I end up with several lines for each record. How can I get the custom data out of Exchange in a relational format? ...

Any sync app showing diffs in comments/text fields?
Hi all - I am looking for a synchronization app for Outlook 2003 which will allow me to sync data between my laptop and desktop. I know there are several that do this in some way, but they just allow selection of one duplicate over another. I tend to update contact notes in the large field underneath the IM field on the main screen, and I would love for an app to alert me on duplicate contacts and say, this text is different, do you want to update or merge the information? Is there anything that will do this? TIA for your help! vettejock99 <mwhitwor@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am look...

Sender/Recipient Missing from History
If you want to find an email in the history of an opportunity, contact, or account, basically the only fields you have to go on are the subject and the date. You cannot view the Sender or Recipient of an email, or the Attendees of an appointment, in that history view. In Settings, Customization, go to Activity, Views, and select the view called Closed Activity Associated View (the view that winds up in history), and you'll find that the fields associated with email and appointment activities are not listed as options for display as columns. Bummer! People are used to looking at an I...

Need lookup field on a form- 2007
Who moved my cheese? Access 2007 running on Win XP In past versions I have used look up fields on data entry forms to select from, existing data. I cannot find a way to accomplish this task in 2007. Can someone point me in the right direction please. I have an employee table with EmpID, Fname, Lname, etc; Session table with SessionID,date, time, location, max number of participants; Transaction table storing TrxID, sessionID, EmpID, and additional details about registration and attendance I need the data entry form to to include a employee field which will allow me to type p...

System.math missing
Hi, If using System.Math is included in C# vs2008, it complains the namespace is found. My machine has .Net Frame 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0 installed. When I sent through the objects using ObjectBrowser, the System.Math in mscorlib.dll under Framework 2.0. But it it hidden to both Framework 2.0 and framework 3.5 c# project. I also have reinstalled FrameWork 3.5, but it did not resolve the problem. Anyone can point me to any solutions? thank you, david ...

Adding Field to Form and Saving It ...
I would like to add a field to my "Contact" form and then save the form, so every time I edit or add a new contact this field is present ... I can edit the form, I can not figure out how to save the form with the changes I made ... any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. Andrew You need to publish the form, not save the item whose form you modified. = See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formpub.htm and = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power U...

explanation of various fields on financial templates
How can I find out what certain formulas/functions on financial templates are doing. In other words I need an explanation of some of the gray cells in the different templates. Some are straight forward but others I cant figure out what they are referring to. xlf.dic@hotmail.com "alvn1" wrote: > How can I find out what certain formulas/functions on financial templates are > doing. > In other words I need an explanation of some of the gray cells in the > different templates. Some are straight forward but others I cant figure out > what they are referring to...

Purchasing Analysis Report link missing
When I go to Reports-Purchasing, I don't have "Analysis" listed in the drop down. However, when i go to the Reports list for Purchasing, I can see (and launch) the reports without any problems. Any idea why this category wouldn't be showing up under Purchasing reports? Thanks, Neil ...

Database fields in Excel?
I have an order sheet system set up in Word which uses merge fields in tables to fill in store names, dates, etc. The "database" linked to the tables is an Excel sheet which I update manually each week. On every page, below each table, is an OLE spreadsheet from Excel which has the actual items on the order form. I'm wondering if I can "eliminate the middle man" and just put the merge fields into the OLE sheet. Is it possible to insert merge fields into an Excel sheet and link one sheet to another? ...

Missing attachment
I am using Outlook 2000 as the client and Microsoft Mail as the server running on Novell 3.1x. We have a dialup to our ISP running on Connect2UUCP as the gateway. I am having problem only from certain sender where I am unable to receive the file attachment. I only receive the message mail only. But if the same sender send as cc copy, I am able to receive the file attachment. p/s I have patched to the latest Outlook SP3 but result still the same. ...

Database fields
I am trying to integrate a Fedex Client/server shipping solution with RMS- need to know what tables-fields in the SQL DB that I would use to write back the tracking number and mark the order as processed int the c-shift F8 Edit Shipping dialog box. CAn anybody help? 'Shipping' table: TrackingNumber, Status (0/1), and DateProcessed fields. - Evan Culver New West Technologies V wrote: > I am trying to integrate a Fedex Client/server shipping solution with RMS- > need to know what tables-fields in the SQL DB that I would use to write back > the tracking number and mark...

How to change the linking fields on a subform
I have a subform but want to change how they are linked How can i do this Thanks Open the parent form in design view and select the subform control; that's the control which houses the subform. In its properties sheet change the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties. The former is usually the name of a field in the parent form's underlying table or query, and the latter the name of the corresponding field in the subform's underlying table or query. The subform will return rows where the value of the field in question matches that of the field in the parent ...