Mail Merge in browser

Hi,

In MS CRM you can use mail merge with the SFO-client and direct e-mail in
the browser. Now I'm using the c360 Search Pac for selecting the contacts,
but this only works when it is in a browser. I want to mail merge the
selection made with the Search Pac, but can only select direct email.

Is there a way I can use the mail merge function in the browser (and the
direct email in the SFO)? And can someone tell why this is, why just put both
features in the browser as in the SFO-client?

Greetz, MattijsW
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi!

There is no possibility to directly make a MailMerge out of the browse.
The only way is to export the rows into excel and then use this excel file
for
your mail merge in MS Word.

Another possibility is to use our WordMailMerge Add-On for MS CRM.
Then you get a possibility to search in MS Word for CRM-Data and make
a mail merge with it.
You can get more detailed information and a trial-version
on our website www.mscrm-addons.com.

Christian

support@mscrm-addons.com
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
    GroupCalendar         for MSCRM
    Related Documents   for MSCRM
    WordMailMErge      for MSCRM

"MattijsW" <MattijsW@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> In MS CRM you can use mail merge with the SFO-client and direct e-mail in
> the browser. Now I'm using the c360 Search Pac for selecting the contacts,
> but this only works when it is in a browser. I want to mail merge the
> selection made with the Search Pac, but can only select direct email.
>
> Is there a way I can use the mail merge function in the browser (and the
> direct email in the SFO)? And can someone tell why this is, why just put
> both
> features in the browser as in the SFO-client?
>
> Greetz, MattijsW

0
Support
4/6/2005 1:06:32 PM
CRM only ships with merge functionality in the SFO client.  There are a variety
of reasons, but security is probably the biggest.  Performing a merge process
requires automation with Word.  This could result in a lot of security warnings
to the user which would not be desireable.  Plus, many companies have locked
down poilcies which would revent this from working.

There are some mail merge add-ons available for CRM.  It is also possible to
develop one yourself if you have the skills.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 05:03:01 -0700, "MattijsW"
<MattijsW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Hi,

In MS CRM you can use mail merge with the SFO-client and direct e-mail in
the browser. Now I'm using the c360 Search Pac for selecting the contacts,
but this only works when it is in a browser. I want to mail merge the
selection made with the Search Pac, but can only select direct email.

Is there a way I can use the mail merge function in the browser (and the
direct email in the SFO)? And can someone tell why this is, why just put both
features in the browser as in the SFO-client?

Greetz, MattijsW

0
Matt

Renamed Junk E-Mail Folder
We're using MS Outlook 2003 (Standard) on several of our Dell laptops. After installing Outlook 2003 on a recently reformatted system, I noticed that my user's "Junk E-Mail" folder is named "Correo no deseado" which loosely means "mail not wanted" in Spanish. Since this is a system folder, the user wasn't able to rename it. Neither my manager nor I have any idea about why this folder has been renamed in Spanish or how to correct the problem. This is the only item in Outlook that has a Spanish translation. Too weird! Any ideas? look for l...

Outlook Mail notification
Back in the day when I used Netscape 4.0. I used to be able to configure the Netscape email program to notify me with a taskbar icon (and sound) anytime a new email came in, regardless of whether I had the email program running or not. I am currently using Outlook 2002 (Office XP) as my email program. I am able to configure Outlook to notify me when a new email comes in, but apparently it only works when Outlook is running. Does anyone know if there is a way for it to send an mail notification icon when Outlook isn't running. I am on a cable modem so I am always connected, and Ou...

decimal spaces toolong when mail merging from excel
I recive data in an excel spreadsheet that contains in one column a number expressed as " 5.55" which is supposed to be a percentage, but when I try to mailmerge the data, it mailmerges as "5.55061561650660". In other words it carries out the decimal place more than 2 digits, which is not what I want. I have tried formatting the cell, rounding, hand typing the information in another column and deleting the column that contained the original information (which I am sure was edited from 5.55061561650660.) How can I fix this problem so that when I mail merge it comes ou...

Slow mail delivery from new Exch 2003 box
I have Exch 2003 installed on my network on a Win2000 server. I've just installed Exch 2003 on a 2003 member server joined to that domain. Now I have two Exch 2003 servers in my Org. I created a test mailbox account on the new Exch 2003 server. Whenever I send email from the test account, it is very slow to arrive (28mins). If I move that mailbox to the old Exch 2003 on the Win2000 server, it arrives to the recipient instantly. If I run the DCDiag & Netdiag tools; Is there anything in particular in need to look for? Please Help anyone! Post some more info on your AD infrastuct...

Windows Live mail not downloaded into Outlook
I have an msn account, Outlook 2007, and Outlook connector installed on a Vista machine. Recently I've had problems downloading mail to Outlook. Outlook Connector shows that Calendar and Contacts are connected, but that there is an error in connecting mail. The error message says: Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Not sure where the Sync issues folder is. This has occurred at least three times in the past month. Once, I deleted my msn profile and started over, but I can't figure out why it occurred or how I was able ...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Mailing Labels
Hello, I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Sorry it says Enter Parameter Value...then on the bottom it says TRIM "rosa5845" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my > mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Open the report definition in design view. Find the control on the report that includes the Trim() function. What happens if you remove that function? There's a possibility that y...

NDR Help
Hi, I hope someone can help on this. A few people have complained they cannot e-mail to us always. They get an NDR. This is very intermittent it seems and not everyone is affected. They have forwarded the NDR they have received. I've attached it below. I can't work out if our mail server has sent that to them or if it is generated by their company e-mail server. This happens mainly with one company but i think it has happened to some others as well - i can't be sure but the one company mainly (or even only). It is odd in that they can e-mail and get through then do it aga...

Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails
Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to ...

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

Give a delegate Permission to send mail on my behalf
Hi I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and respond to mail on the other person's behalf. What am I doing wrong please help Thanks SMatthew What version of Outlook? They need to grant you "send on behalf of" rights in their Outlook - or, depending on the Exchange server version, the admin may be able to grant you rights to it there. SMatthew wrote: > Hi > > I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set > me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and > respond to ma...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

Junk E-mail Problem
Hi All, Our company using Small Business Server 2003, all the user use outlook 2003. We connect email through Exchange Server. We had a big problem, my boss email usually go to junk mail at Exchange Server mail box. But not every email. We had added him to safe sender list but the problem still exist. I had checked the server but I can't find the definition of filter email. My boss is using Powerbook Macintosh and Microsoft Entourage 2004 to send email. His company email is always forward to his ISP email and he receive email from ISP pop3 account. He use ISP smtp account to send emai...

Can a front end server (OWA) also accept all mail for an organization
Hi, I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OWA) could also act as the main server to receive mail before sending it on to an Exchange Cluster Server? Thanks, Dan Yes. You have to have the Information Store service started for this IIRC, but it can act as an SMTP Gateway. You would just point the mapping for port 25 on your firewall to the FE server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dan" <dfulmek@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:exxQ$aCqFHA.2652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OW...

Attaching a worksheet to an e-mail
Hi! I am working with excel 2003 I would like to attach a worksheet (not the entire workbook) to a e-mail. I would like to do it as an excel worksheet if possible but can make it work as a body of text as well. What would the code loo like for this. The user is accessing my workbook file (read only) through a websit and when they fill-out the form they click a button and the macr e-mails the form worksheet to my e-mail address. This is an attempt a doing "On-Line" warranty claims. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated -- Brian Matlac --------------------------------...

e-mail is locked or down for maintenance, what to do?
I received an error message: Microsoft Office Outlook is locked or down for maintenance. unable to access mail for two days. How do I unlock or what is to be done Is this a work account? If yes, then ask your mail admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, La Condesa asked: | I received an error message: Microsoft Office Outlook is locked or | down for maintenance. unable to ...

Automated mail creation & sending
Hello everyone I create a report from a legacy system in csv format every day, and once it has been produced I need to attach it to an email and send this email out to one recipient (the same one every day). The subject line is also the same every day, and the report is saved down to my C drive. How can I automate the process? Not running the report, but picking it up from its specified location - preferably confirming first that the file date is today's date (the date is NOT incorporated within the file name) - and attaching it to an email to the recipient and with the standard header?...

Sending page by e-mail locks up computer
IE 6, Outlook 2000, Windows 2000 Professional. Each time I send a web page by e-mail to someone using Outlook, the e-mail goes through fine to my recipients, but my computer locks up. Eventually, I manage to close everything down via the task manager (and that too takes a while to get to), and then I have to reboot to regain access to Outlook. This, too, first has to be done in the safe mode so that the open mailbox can be closed up, and then I can get back to my normal operations by logging out and loggin back in. Can someone please help witth what settings I should look at either...

Cancel mail already sent via Outllook thru hotmail
Is there a way either in Hotmail or using Outlook Express V6.00.2800.1123 configured to use the Hotmail account to cancel e-mail already sent. Outlooks help menu indicates there is a "Cancel a posted Message". In the instructions says to highlight file and then go to "Message menu" and click on "Cancel Message. This option does not appear. I know in the corporate e-mail enviroment Outlook had such an option. So does the Outlook <-> Hotmail world have the capability too? On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:56:14 -0800, "Walt" <wmiller51@hotmail.com> wr...

Miss Internet Mail Service
Hi, I'm just install Exchange 5.5 on a NT 4.0 PDC using BackOffice Server 4.5. It seems that it did not install IMS. Is there a download or any other suggestions? Thanks. You have to create it via Exch admin prog\File\New Other. Ernest wrote: > Hi, > I'm just install Exchange 5.5 on a NT 4.0 PDC using > BackOffice Server 4.5. It seems that it did not install > IMS. Is there a download or any other suggestions? > Thanks. -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

how do i open spreadsheet from e-mail
i have win xp home edition. Have a time sheet e-mailed to me. To open it I am told win needs to Know Who created it. Then it tells me microsoft exel but i have no idea what to do next! Do you have Excel installed on your computer? It is a component of MS Office suite and does not come as part of Windows OS. Do a file search for excel.exe and see if you can find it. If not, download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:11:01 -0700...

Some Mail Item Cannot be Open
User A is delegated User B with Editor right on his mailbox Some of the Mail Item (without Attachment) cannot be open and got the following message "Can't open this item. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." What can i trace/solve the problem. ...

e-mail the current worksheet using a form button
I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone. Instead of saving the file, then inserting into an e-mail. I have seen this before in a file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works. I happened to notice in the VB Editor I saw something like... CommandClick() Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com" End Sub Or something similar to that. I don't know any VBA.. So if that's what I need to learn, then let me know. TIA Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this http://...

"Program trying to access e-mail addresses" msg
Hi. I recently installed SP3 on my computer, and now I get an odd message when I open emails. A box pops up that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." My virus scan turned up nothing, and the "detect & repair" function of Outlook did not change this. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks! Same here. After "yes" or "no" outlook stop responding. Curious to find an answer! Mel &...