Mail Merge Impact on Performance

We are planning to have about 200 people utilize the mail merge feature in
CRM to send out egreeting cards (to about 250-400 contacts each) this season
over a 2 week period.
Will mail merge and sending out "bulk" emails affect network, Exchange, and
CRM performance signficantly? Will we need to stagger usage? Anyone w/
experience with this scenario, please advise. Thanks.
0
RobinK (10)
10/9/2009 11:44:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sending out bulk email from CRM is staggered because email is sent
asynchronously from the application. In terms of hitting the application
itself when generating, it is just like having 200 people access your CRM
simultaneously and if you don't have any performance issues currently with
your user load then you shouldn't have any issues- ie, it is nothing out of
the ordinary.

Shafraz

--
Visit my blog: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/

"Robin K" wrote:

> We are planning to have about 200 people utilize the mail merge feature in
> CRM to send out egreeting cards (to about 250-400 contacts each) this season
> over a 2 week period.
> Will mail merge and sending out "bulk" emails affect network, Exchange, and
> CRM performance signficantly? Will we need to stagger usage? Anyone w/
> experience with this scenario, please advise. Thanks.

REPOST
I have Exchange 5.5 and 2003 setup in my organization. I have two sites that are only 5.5 and one that is 5.5/2003. The two sites have MANY additional domain names that receive email in all sites and all internet email flows through the 5.5/2003 site I moved our inbound email (from the internet) from our 5.5 server to Exchange 2003 and all seemed fine. Our inbound email on exchange 5.5 has a routing tab where we allow many domains as inbound to our organization. These email address exist as primary and secondary for mailboxes in each site. Most users have 2-3 email address but in different do...

help with sending mails
Hi all ! When i send an email using crm the recipients get the mail but the text is incomplete ... they only receive the firs letter in the body of email ... I open the ActivityBase table and in the field Description the send text appears complete ... so i don't know why the email is not received complete .. This is the Description field of a test email I try: <FONT face=Arial size=2>test email</FONT> but receipt only gets: "<" Why is that ? BR Karolina B. ...

Best way to handle mail
Hi, just wanting people comments and suggestions on the way we run mail. We have a website with a hosting company and the MX record on that points to a NO-IP free DNS service which points to our server in the office (which has a dynamic IP). Is that they best way to do it? P.S If that server in our office dies, no email will get through, is there a way to have it divert somewhere else? again, I'm asking cause im not sure on what to do!, but the email works ok atm? Thanks, Trent. :) In news:1157913078.052256.52660@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, trent.queen@gmail.com <trent.queen@gma...

Iability to send e-mail form Outlook 2002 SP2
When i attempt to send an e-mail message everything appears to go fine but the recipient does not receive the message. If i cc or bcc myself on the message i still dont get the message. Please advise ...

tracking a lost e-mail
I run Exchange 2003 server, and outlook 2003 clients. A user says he never received an e-mail, but the sender received an out of office reply from that person. I deduce that in order for the sender to have received the out of office response, the mailbox must have received it. To be on the safe side, I queried my spam server, and it reports having recieved the e-mail and having delivered it. Is their some way to track e-mail processing in exchange 2003, to try and find out where it went?. If you have message tracking enabled, you can use the message tracking center to view the de...

Is it normal to have 3 Archive Folders in MS Outlook 2007 Mail?
Is it normal to have 3 Archive Folders in MS Outlook 2007 Mail? Two of the Archive Folders appear to be empty except for empty sub-folders. Should empty Archive Folders be deleted? How? AutoArchive is OFF Data files and setup migrated from Outlook 2003 several months ago, and multiple Archive Folders appeared at the time. Win 7 64-bit. Single user home PC. Not on a LAN. No server. No Exchange. ...

Sending Direct E-Mail to Multiple Recipients
Does anyone know why a direct send of e-mail (CRM 4.0) would not work when sending to multiple recipients? I can send to one person at a time and the mail is sent with the activity created, however, two or more produces no emails or activities. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! We have been stuck on this one for quite some time. On Apr 23, 7:54=A0am, lhill1...@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know why a direct send of e-mail (CRM 4.0) would not work > when sending to multiple recipients? =A0I can send to one person at a > time and the mail is sent with the activity created, how...

Merging inbox and sent items
Hallo Does anybody know a way of merging inbox and sent items to only one box which show threads similar to the threads in this forum? ...

outlook reinstalls when checking mail
Greetings I have a strange thiong happening and would appreciate some help if anyone has any idea. When outlook checks for mail it goes through this initial set up routine that would normally happen if you were installing an add on orcomponent. has anyone seen this before. Everything else works normally Regards TJ Do you follow through and install what is asked? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "news.internode.on.net" <ajeffries@allans.com.au> wrote in message news:4326828d$1@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Greetings > > I have a strange thiong happening and would appreci...

Highlighting Disappears When MS Word 2007 Document is E-Mailed
I have spent hours highlighting a document in Office 2007 Word running on XP. When I send it to my home computer running the same Office 2007 Word running on W7, the highlighting is gone. What is causing this? How can it be fixed? ...

Exporting Contacts -- Problems with Mail Merge
I'm trying to export Contacts from Outlook 2002. When I try to export, Outlook tells me that it needs a Translator file from the original Office XP Pro CD. Unfortunately, I can't find this disk. (It came with my wife's Dell Dimension.) Do you know where else I can find these files? I was hoping to download them from Microsoft Support, but they don't seem to make them available. All I want to do is convert the Contacts to a comma- delimited file so that we can import them into a Word mail merge process. Actually, even this is a work-around. My first choice would be t...

merging sheets #2
I am not good at creating macros but here is what I would like to do: I have 2 sheets that need to be merged together. First sheet has columns A-G. Second sheet has columns A-C. When merge I would like to create a sheet 3 that will take all of sheet one and then add sheet 2 starting in column H. But sheet 1, column B should then match sheet 2 column A. See Below. Sheet 1 A B C D E F G Misc # Misc Misc Misc Misc Misc sheet 2 A B C Misc # Misc sheet 3 A B C D E F ...

Mail Merge to Email
We are about to purchase Office 2003 for its advanced Mail Merge to Email facilities (namely being able to output to HTML format) but before I do so I want to confirm something. In Office 2000 Outlook would display a message stating another application is trying to access addresses stored in your address book, do you want to allow this? You had to click yes for each email that was produced from the mail merge. Whilst I can understand the benefits of such a message this is very irratating if you are producing more that a handfull of emails, does this message still appear if you use Office 2003...

Help: SMTP Mail Routing Question.
Hello's all. Iam running Exchange 2003. I have recently installed an Anti-Spam solution that filters all incoming mail. I would like to also forward all outgoing mail through the Anti-Spam solution server, meaning that there would be another hop for outgoing mail. The mail server would forward all mail through the anti-spam server. What or how do i need to configure my mail server? Do i need to create an SMTP connector pointing to the Anti-Spam server? many thanks. Blue. "Bluehades" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:237C9046-AD9B-49E1-883F-994...

fonts following bullets in e-mails
I FINALLY figured out how to get Outlook to stop switching fonts every time I tried to insert a bullet into an e-mail message: 1. Open a new e-mail message. 2. Select the "Format Text" tab. 3. In the "Paragraph" box, click the drop-down box next to the bullets icon. 4. Select "Define New Bullet." 5. Select "Font" and then pick the font you want, then select "OK." 6. Select "Symbol" (still in the "Define New Bullet" box) and select the bullet from the Symbol chart that corresponds to the font you want (not from ...

Sending Attachments with Mail Merge
I want to send personalized emails to our distributors with attached .pdf files of price page updates. Mail merge using word does not have any provision for this. Any suggestions? ...

Entourage EWS No Longer pulling mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Running the latest Mac Office updates and the appropriate version of Exchange for EWS. <br><br>All of a sudden this week (seems to have been happening since the new year) EWS clients are no longer pulling mail as soon as it is available on Exchange. There is a 20-30 min delay before mail is delivered. I've seen this with a couple of my customers, for both incoming mail and calendar events. We solved it by emptying the cache. <br><br>1. Control/Right-click on the...

Word 2000 Mail Merge: Word found no mail merge fields
Hello everybody, As the subject says, I am trying to create a form letter in Word 2000 from an Excel 2000 spreadsheet, but when I try to to open the data source, I get the following error: "Word found no mail merge fields in your main document". How do I create mail merge fields? Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance. Brian Brian Harvey wrote: > Hello everybody, > > As the subject says, I am trying to create a form letter in Word 2000 > from an Excel 2000 spreadsheet, but when I try to to open the data > source, I get the following error: "Word found no ma...

Exchange 2003 performance Question
Hi all, This has been asked before, but its difficult sifting through 100's of messages. I have a single Domain in a Single Forest. We have two domain controllers 1 in our west coast office and 1 in our east coast office. They are connected by a VPN tunnel. The exchange server is located in West Coast office. both domain controllers are Global catalog servers and the RID,PID, and Infrastructure roles are handled by the West Coast Domain Controller. I ran the best practices analizer on the server and one thing it mentioned is that the query time for domain controller access and g...

How to recover mail from an old mail server
I have an exchange 2003 installation on a Win2003 box that was a member of a now obsolete domain, and the domain controllers are all no longer in existence, nor are any backups. Exchange will not start properly because of the absence of an appropriate DC. I wish to recover the mailbox contents (perhaps into PST files). Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this? Thanks, Angus Macleod. Alot of work unless you want to purchase 3rd party software (Ontract) that can do an direct extract from the flat DB file. Otherwise, you will have to go about building a DC, then an Exchange that is...

Publisher 2007 Mail Merge
I'm trying to use an Excel file for a mail merge in Publisher (mailing labels). There are 50 addresses and I can only get Publisher to print each address across an entire sheet of labels so I end up with 30 labels with the same address. How do I set this up to print one address per label so I end up with 50 labels? thanks! larry In print setup, select "Multiple pages per sheet." More help here Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ new...

unread e-mail in my sent folde
Every time I send an e-mail I get a 2 copies of the e-mail in my sent folder. One gets put there after it has been processed in my outbox, this is normal. The other one goes into the sent folder as soon as I hit send and it is marked as unread. This started happening a few months ago and I do not know what I might have done to make outlook do this. Please help as I am getting tired of having to go to my sent folder and getting rid of the extra messages. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter. Do you have an Rules running that might be doing that? What anti-virus softwa...

Mail merge limits for print documents
I use mail merge to print mailers for customers (Outlook contacts /Word Document). These are not emails, just going to the printer. The documents have graphics and are double-sided. Whenever I try to print more than about 250 it just stops printing, no errors, it just stops. So I break up my data source lists into smaller lists so I know I get them all printed. This is a pain and I'd rather find what is stopping them all from printing. I don't know if it's a Office limitation or hardware. I just got a new PC (64-bit/8 GB RAM/Windows 7), will that fix it? Any s...

Server will not relay mail
I'm getting an error that the exchange server from one exchange 2000 server in one office "will not RELAY mail" to any address on another exchange 2003 Server in another office. Mail to any other destination works fine on either Server and mail between these 2 offices was flowing fine until last week. There is nothing set in Message Filtering. Do those servers belong to the same Exchange Organization? Does the Exchange 2003 server receive mail from other locations? Can you telnet port 25 of that server? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/member...

Can't Send Mail in Outlook 2003
I've been working on this problem for many hours. At first, I thought the cause of me not being able to send mail was because of ZoneAlarm. After uninstalling and reinstalling ZoneAlarm, there's no luck in me getting my Outlook 2003 to send mail. I did re-create profiles from the Control Panel > Mail for Outlook 2003. The problem occurs when I'm testing the settings of the account. It's unable to send a test email to the account. All of the settings such as server name and passwords are correct. Is this a Outlook 2003 issue of some kind? The reason I state that quest...