Lookups with multiple records

Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple
records?
If not, does anyone have some other suggestions about how I may be able to
accomplish this?

Thanks,
Brian
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am looking to do the same thing, if not the other possibility is to create
a csutome entity to relate the 2 entities then add an iFrame which will
display a view which filters out all that are not realted to that entity. I
have not been able to get this to work yet either though.

"Brian" wrote:

> Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple
> records?
> If not, does anyone have some other suggestions about how I may be able to
> accomplish this?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

multiple CD's, same bank
I've got multiple CD's opened up at the same bank. They are all under the same account number, but each under a separate heading. Each of the CD's mature at a different time, and they will be rolled over into new CD's over the next 18 years. Futhermore, my bank provides online banking services directly within MS Money, including automated download of statements. So...what would be the best way to set up these accounts in Money? Should I create one account named CD and then make a cash transaction for each CD? Should I set up each CD as an individual investment accou...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

Annoying problem with lookup field
On a client, I have a MOSS 2007 portal with two lists which are not wroking as expected. One contains people and the other one contains a lookup field based on data from the first list. When someone which hasn't got administrative rights logs in and tries to see the properties of any element in the second list (on DispForm.aspx), they can't see the lookup field value, and if they try to edit the element, the dropdown control used to choose a person from the first list appears empty. Administrator don't have this problem. The users having the problem have collaboration rig...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

Multiple Language Issues
Hi all, Has anyone successfully manually updated a non-English supported 5.5 to 2003? (The reason for the manual update was a broken admin account.) Mail and contacts were all exported to PST files, and then imported to 2003. However, although the text of the messages is fine (English and Russian), the text for contact names and message subjects gets gorched if they contained any Russian text. Does anyone know the correct sequence to follow to take messages and contacts in Russian (or other languages) from 5.5 to 2003, while retaining the non-English subject lines and contact names? ...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

EXTRACTING UNIQUE RECORD BASED ON CONDITION
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C781BF.08FB92F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone! I would like to extract unique records based on a condition. For = example, how to extract unique record from column 'B' when column 'A' = has "AP" or any other desired condition. The data is as follows: A B =20 MI 70056542=20 MI 70056543=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP SUGAR CREEK ...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

excel 2007
I have data that looks something like this account#, invoice amount 1, 50 1, 70 1, 80 2, 10 2, 50 2, 52 2, 50 3, 10 4, 30 I need a way to combine all the invoice totals for each account so I have results like this 1, 200 2, 162 3, 10 4, 30 Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? I thought I had done something similar to this with filters before in Excel 2003, but I can't figure out how I did it. Thanks! You can use subtotal or a pivot table in the pivot put the account numbers in the row field and the invoice amount in the data, in subtotal use at each change in account numb...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, Anyone know if it is possible to save multiple calendar selection views in Outlook 2003 yet ? For example a receptionist may have the ability to view say twenty or so users calendars. When she closes Outlook and opens it up again she has to select them all over again. I see lots of people wanting to do this and being told that it's not possible...or at least the posts I've read thus far. Jim. ...

Supporting multiple excel versions from .NET
Hi, I am using excel automation to write data to Excel. I am using Excel 9 and I using early binding to create the objects. I would like to support Excel versions 9 and upwards. To run the same application on a production system, with office XP,( which has only the framework installed), should I distribute the olb file, that I used while referencing, along with my installation? Are there any other dependencies, that I need to take care? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

How do I remove multiple hyperlinks in the same cell (Excel)?
I have multiple hyperlinks in one Excel cell, each separated by a hard return (ALT-Enter). I can remove the hyperlinks using: -- right click > remove hyperlink -- or by using a macro but I cannot get this to work on multiple links in one cell. When I do this, all links go into one line separated by a square box. I have had to create a separate line for the second hyperlink, and this is making my spreadsheet look out of alignment. Please help! ...

Multiple Outgoing Messages
Recently, Outlook 2002 (Internet Mail Only) clients on our LAN have begun to intermittently send outgoing messages repeatedly. In most, but not all, instances the messages have attachments, and take an unusually long time to send before showing a "Complete" Send/Receive status. The messages then remain in the Outbox, and are sent multiple times before finally clearing themselves or being manually deleted. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, lewis. Hi, It seems like you've gotten a virus of some kind. There's no harm in running an an antivi...

multiple pick from drop-down list
Does anyone know how to setup a drop-down type (or other type) list where I could pick multiple selections from the list and have it populate each selection in a different cell? Thanks, John Drop-downs do not lend themselves to multiple selections (what should be shown in the text area when the drop-down is not dropped down? You would probably be best off using a ListBox (it supports multiple selections). Can you give a more detailed description of what you want to do? Rick "johnrb7865" <johnrb7865@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD85C389-6AFC-4BC1-9...

Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance Lookup Very Slow
A client of ours on GP v6.0 has an issue with the document number lookup on the Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance window taking a couple of hours to return a result on their largest database and many minutes on their smaller databases. I notice KB article 857143 on Partnersource mentions the same issue for v8.0 but with no solution. Is there a known work around for this issue? They are soon to migrate to 8.0 but I would like to fix the issue in the short term and preferably not leave them with the same issue after the upgrade. Are they periodically moving receivables trans...

Subforms won't refresh after new record 11-17-09
Access 2003, XP Pro I have a main form with two separate subforms. I view various records by clicking on some list boxes. To add a new record, I select Records, Data Entry. I then (1) Make a selection in a combo on the main form. (2) Make a selection in a combo and enter some text in a textbox on subform1 (3) Make a selection in a combo on subform2 Subform2 has some code on the After Update event that saves the new record and goes to a previously selected record in cbo1 on the main form (cbo2 has code on the After Update event to go to that record). Here's the cod...

Changing field settings on multiple columns in pivot report...How
You have brought up a pivot report but it defeaults to count for all columns. Can you change all to max with one operation? Thanks You can't manually change all the calculations to MAX with one step. You can change each field individually, by double-clicking on it, and changing the summary function. Or, you can use programming to change all the data fields. For example: Sub MaxAllData() 'changes data fields to MAX Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each pf In pt.DataFields pf.Function = xlMax Next pf Next...

Access 1 OWA from multiple Admin Groups in Exchange 2003
We have 2 Exchange 2003 Admin groups in 1 Exchange Organization. OWA is configured in 1 Admin Group. We would like to allow users from the second Admin Group to be able to access their mailboxes using the OWA that is already setup. How do I configure that? ...