lookup view (find columns) doesn't work for "send email" functionality - any suggestions??

When I add new find columns (p.e. parent customer) to my lookup view
of my contacts, everything works just fine for lookups...

But i recently discovered that this doesn't work if you p.e. open up
an account record; you click the button "send email" on the toolbar
(or just when you create a new email activity) , which will open a new
email screen in MS CRM; and if you then click on the magnifying glass
for the to;cc and/or bcc fields... If I select to address a contact
and try to search on the parent customer (newly added find column for
lookup view) I get no results!

(only if i don't click the magnifying glass and search for contacts
with a certain parent customer in the Form assistant it works fine)

Either way...would be better if it worked via the magnifying glass as
well?!

0
vdelamper
6/19/2007 9:11:18 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

send email from specific IP address question
We as a company have a few outside IP addresses. One of the addresses needs to be used just for email. How can I configue it so that my Exchange 2003 server sends email out through a specific IP address? Thanks in advance Greg On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:18:01 -0700, Greg <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote: >We as a company have a few outside IP addresses. One of the addresses needs >to be used just for email. >How can I configue it so that my Exchange 2003 server sends email out >through a specific IP address? > >Thanks in advance >Greg NAT it on the firewall. ...

Unable to send email via SMTP
I have try to look for help in internet and I try almost everything to fix this problem in my Outlook 2003. I try send email but it did not send out but instead it generate me an email from my PC with the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 1/30/2004 7:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'elyaskhoo@hotmail.com' on 1/30/2004 7:03 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) The server that you just tried to send mail th...

can't send email 02-21-10
I get the following message when trying to send email. I get the same message for everyone in my address book. The addresses are all valid... The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'chandra@innova...

Can't send email. Sits in Outbox.
My email sits in Outbox and DOES NOT have attachments. I'm getting an error 0x800ccc13. Cox.net Internet connection was down for 2 days and mail wasn't coming in for a day. They said this is an Outlook problem or Norton antivirus. So I disabled all my Norton. It still won't send email. I CAN receive email. The only software I added lately was my portable keyboard software. Help! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >My email sits in Outbox and DOES NOT have attachments. I'm >getting an error 0x800ccc13. > >Cox.net Internet connection was down for 2 da...

OutLook Express
I can receive email messages through Outlook Express, but cannot send messages. I get an error telling me the server has disconnected. The server isn't the problem because I can access from another computer. I have AOL as the ISP on the computer that I can't send from. Is AOL 9.0 not compatible with Outlook Express? AOL says no, but I'm not sure they know what they're talking about! I need help! Do I stop using Outlook Express or AOL??? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this for me. "Tammy" <primitives4you@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f78a01c...

can't send email #3
When I send my emails using outlook 2000 get the message:RCPT (to the person)Relaying not allowed Do you have your mail server set to authenticate? Check it on the server tab of your account properties. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Thesfina <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When I send my emails using outlook 2000 get the | message:RCPT (to the person)Rela...

How to permit a few people to send email to a special domain
Hello, Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server I'd like to know how I can filter email to a certain domain: Only permitted users should send an email to a certain external domain, how can I set up such a filter ? The situation now allows all users to send email to such a domain which sends sms over Internet and we'd like to restrict all people except a few people to do it. Thanks in advance Frederic ...

Automatically send email for a recurring task?
I set up 2 recurring tasks for every Sunday. Is there a way I can have Outlook 2003 send an email at, say, Sunday at 8 am as a reminder? jimstolz76 <jimstolz76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up 2 recurring tasks for every Sunday. Is there a way I can > have Outlook 2003 send an email at, say, Sunday at 8 am as a reminder? I don't believe Outlook's reminders can utilize mail messages for notification. However, you can schedule automatic messages that aren't tied to reminders. See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Bria...

Exchange 2003 won't send emails to a select few domains
Hello. I'm running a MS Exchange 2003 server on a Windows 2003 Small Business Serer. When sending Emails there are a few selected Domains that Exchange is not able to deliver. The Emails sit and remain in the Queue until the timeout. The information for the queue says: "The remoteserver did not answer to an attempt to connect". I know of three domains that I am not able to send emails to: t-online.de, aol.de and aol.com. I checked whether my domain is on some RBL but negative. From reading loads of articles I suspect that it might have to do with the DNS Server running on tha...

cant send emails please help
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'laurie79@live.com'. Subject 'did u get this?', Account: 'Live', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5....

Can't send email in Outlook Express through AOL
I am not on a LAN and AOL is my ISP. I work with a program that transfers files using Outlook Express, but I get the following error message: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'Jhparker10@aol.com'. Subject 'Byers file', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'SMTP.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 (IPT:OA) Use port 587 to send mail from your AOL screen name. http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554iptoa.html', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server E...

full access to a mailbox but can't send emails
One of my users has full access to a generic mailbox that he communicates with outside word through that. Recently I just moved his main and also this generic mailbox to another server with the same version and service packs, but now he cannot send any emails from that mailbox. He has a separate Outlook profile for this mailbox and he logs in as himself. He can open/read messages fine but he cannot send any messages. The error message is "you do not have sufficient permissions to send emails from this mailbox." He has full access (read and full mailbox through the Exchan...

How to send email with no outlook and SMTP server ?
Is there any way to send an email (either from a VB program or ASP or HTML) if the machine has no Outlook and/or SMTP server ? Thank you If they have not blocked it, you can sometimes use the smpt server from your Internet provider. Look first if there are regulations about that. "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:#2DBO1W5KHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to send an email (either from a VB program or ASP or > HTML) if the machine has no Outlook and/or SMTP server ? > Thank you > > At some point you n...

cant send emails with urls in them
When I reply to an email and leave the senders address, the email just hangs in the outbox and won;t go. OR if I include a link in my email in will hang in the outbox......how do I coreect it?? thanks Greg Greg You remove the email scanning option from your Anti Virus by uninstalling your AV and then re-installing it without the email integration(scanning) option -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

cant send email but can recieve SMTP error
I have looked at other problems but there were many almost the same but not exactly. I can receive. When I send a message it gives me an error.. timed out waiting for SMPT client....check ISP.. I went into tools and checked the connections. Tested the lines and all was ok.. I diabled Norton email check.. I am running a windows XP with microsoft office professional edition.. We are trying to switch over from ACT!.. this is seeming to be frust rating more than helping.. please help.. thanks SMTP client? Does your SMTP server require authentication and is that configured in Outlook? &q...

cannot send emails 06-22-10
I haven't been able to send emails for days now. This is an error code I get - The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: The IKEA Sale starts tomorrow!', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Are you sending from home or away from home? If at home, were you using a Bellsouth Internet connection? Has your home ISP notified you that your Bellsouth mail account has been migrated to the AT&T/Yahoo mail server? Gary VanderMole...

Send email
I have a number of reports that are used by multiple users. Within the report there is a facility to create an email, auto-populate it and information, the code is as follows: Dim s As Object, db As Object, doc As Object mytopic = TextBox2.Text mailto = "email address" Set s = CreateObject("Notes.notessession") 'creates notes session Set db = s.getdatabase("", "") 'sets db to database not yet named Call db.openmail 'set database to default mail database Set doc = db.createdocument &#...

How can send email from Outlook 2007 thru AOL
I use AOL email and Yahoo as an ISP. How can I get Outlook 2007 to send email. When I do the mail ends up in the outbox and is not sent "Dennis Weverka" <Dennis Weverka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7522E80-42C1-49E4-B336-93EC5FD08E1B@microsoft.com... >I use AOL email and Yahoo as an ISP. How can I get Outlook 2007 to send > email. When I do the mail ends up in the outbox and is not sent AOL Help might help - you did try there first right? http://help.aol.co.uk/technical/use-microsoft-outlook-2000-to-read/article/20060815084009990004 Dennis We...

not able to send email
When I try to send email i get this message: Please help The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'literacy' Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10013 Has this ever worked for you? If so, what has changed? Yahoo has not recommended that server for several years already. What type of Yahoo account do you have, free (US-based), free (other country than US), paid (Mail Plus), or a partnered account via one of = the=20 big ISPs (AT&T, Verizon, etc.)? Who is your IS...

Can't send email with attachments in Outlook 2007
I recently installed outlook 2007 (rtm) on vista and I can send message with no attachments but not with attachments. Outlook just seems to ignore the messages with attachments and they stay in the outbox. If I use Windows Mail it all works fine. I did have AVG AntiVirus 7.5 and wondered if that was the problem, so I uninstalled it but it made no difference. My settings are fine because I can send messages without attachments. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance, John. ...

Trying to send email with windows mail or outlook, won't configure
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

I can not send email message
I can receive email messages but cant send any it says can not connect to server! Can you help. My email was locked but advice help me change my pass word , an it is working fine now thank u verry much . Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Herman Farlough Sr." <hermanfarlough53@hotmaim.com> wrote in message news:4BBD6CD5-BE76-43E5-9E2C-8E76A8903704@microsoft.com... &g...

MS outlook 2003 try to send email says "Item missing"
I am trying to use outlook for the first time, but won't send or recieve--says item missing. Thanks! Chrisie <Chrisie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to use outlook for the first time, but won't send or > recieve--says item missing. Did you create a mail profile? Did you define a mail account? Have you created your data store? Tell us exactly what you've done so far and we'll tell you if anything's missing. -- Brian Tillman Yes, I have done all those things... Thanks for your help! "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Chrisie <...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Cannot send emails
I read back through the newsgroup, but did not find an answer. As of yesterday afternoon, I cannot send emails. I receive emails just fine. My isp allows me to use a different SMTP. My SMTP and POP3 settings are the same and accurate. I have tried setting up the outgoing server to use the same settings as my incoming server and alternatively i have providing the login information for the SMTP. I am using Outlook 2002 on XP's Home Edition v. 2002. When I try to send an email a small window pops up asking me to "Enter Network Password" and leaves rooms for me to adj...