lookup record

is it possible to add more tabs into lookup records dialog:
eg: create a quote -> add a product -> click the find icon then it pops up the lookup record dialog it only shows product name + product ID is it possible to change one of these columns or add new columns?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

how is a tabbed form updated when another form alters the records
how is a tabbed form updated when another form alters the recordset - without closing and re-opening the forms It depends on how the form's set up. If the various tabs simply refer to fields in the form's RecordSource, you can requery the form: Me.Requery. If the tabs are actually subforms, you'd have to requery the appropriate tabs: Me!NameOfSubformControl.Form.Requery Note that depending on how the subform is added, the name of the subform control may be different than the name of the form being used as a subform. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougS...

Using filtered form data as record source for report
I have a split form in an Access 2007 database where the data grid shows the records from a query. The user can filter any combination of fields from the the drop down headers. I have a command button above the data grid that opens a report with the same query as its record source. I'm trying to figure out how to pass the filtered data to the report so it will show only those records that the user is seeing in the data grid of the split form. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Ken You may be able to pass the Filter of your form as the WhereCondition ...

lookup 2 values in different sheets
I used this formula in an Excel worksheet to find the data that correspond to those 2 values. I used this code for the time being : Code: =INDEX(C1:C10,MATCH(1,(A1:A10=Lookup_1)*(B1:B10=Lookup_2),0)) But, what if I want to look in other worksheet? What I meant here is that I have 2 worksheets, one for table of input and one for the output. I put the table of data in input_sheet and I want to have the answer in output_sheet(I assigned all the formula in output_sheet). Any suggestion? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advanced Rgds, Rixanna > But, what if I want to look in othe...

Custom Lookup Fields
On my Contact Form I added the Parental Customer lookup field. I also want to have a lookup field for Secondary Customer. As contacts can be associated to more than one Account in our system. Is this possible? I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Are there any workarounds for this situation? Kate, Unfortunately, you can't have more than one lookup field pointing to the same entity on a CRM form. Mitch ...

Select Records for Subtotals Based on a Given Condition
I have a LONG list of jobs that are sort alphabetically by customer name in one worksheet. I would like to create another worksheet that can go through the first worksheet ('KEN_S_QUERY') and select the rows where in a certain column there is a certain customer, and total up the dollar amount in the column next to the customer name. I am very familiar with access, which makes it harder to word my question here. I would use access, but I need the graphing a charting functions of excel in this case. Is there a way (perhaps through SQL? please dear god, SQL.) to select certain ...

Sequential numbering of records
Having read the various postings on the subject i am more confused than ever. what I want to do is to create a field that will contain sequential numbers starting with an initial number of say 20000 and incrementing by 1 such that record 1 is 20000, record 2 is 20001, record 3 is 20003 etc as each record is entered using an input form. Something similar perhaps to the series fill in Excel or a customisable autonumber field. my question is what is the simplest way of doing this for what would seem to be a fairly common problem in the Form_Current Sub Me.CustomNumberField.DefaultValue =...

Convert From Column to Row (Record)
I have a table: ID Price Quantitiy 1 1.00 2 I would like to create a make table query to convert the original table to something like this: ID Measure Data 1 Price 1.00 1 Quantity 2 Please help, hopefully ther is a simple solution!!! Look up Excel Paste Special - Transpose for a solution. Or try this --- SELECT "Price" AS Measure, [URTable].[Price] AS Data FROM URTable UNION ALL SELECT "Quantity" AS Measure, [URTable].[Quantity] AS Data FROM URTable; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "banker123&qu...

multiple duplication of records
Could anyone assist me with the following:- I have been using the quick reference search tool that can be found at www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120366 <http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120366> (cool search tool.zip) Using only one table with no problems however I am now trying to use it in a relationship configuration Two tables linked back to the main table via one too many links. What is now happening is that multiple duplication of records are being displayed. An example If you have one table with two records the listbo...

Recording a new loan in my checkbook ledger
This is a very simple question. I've got Microsoft Money Plus for 2008. I have gotten a new loan and it was deposited into my checking account. The loan is from the same bank as my checking account. How do I record that in MS Money? Do I just put in my bank's name, or what? I know this question is very simplistic, but what I'm concerned about is not confusing myself, at least, with what I see in MS Money when I review the ledger there. Rod It's not clear what part of this activity you want to record in your checkbook ledger. The receipt/deposit of the loan proce...

List to find records from a tab control page to another.
I have a tab control on a bound form (Page 1, and Page 2), Page 1 has data and page 2 has a list for search (displays same records as form does). On double click, I need to find that record where the data are (page 1) and set focus anywhere there, I tried the following but had no luck. DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "frmMain", acGoTo, "[ID] = " & Me.List1 Me.ID.SetFocus Thanks for any help provided! Adnan Adnan wrote: > I have a tab control on a bound form (Page 1, and Page 2), Page 1 has > data and page 2 has a list for search (displays same records ...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...

problem with lookup function
I have a problem with summing a lookup function My data looks like this: A1: text B1: time C1: time D1: time E1: time A1 = could be any of 8 different sets of two letter initials of counselor B1 = time arrived C1 = time seen D1 = time departed E1 = average wait time I have a table from A1:D40. I want to query this table, by counselor , and return the average wait time for each counselor. Exampe: "DF" shows up three times and has the wait times of 3 min, 6 min and 4 min then the return answer would be 4 min 20 sec. (3+6+4)/3 = 4'20" Any help? M...

Add Record with Refresh
I have a form that is linked to a parameter query. It works great to add one record. When the user opens the form is asks for the ID and then the data is enter, the query links two tables (one to many relationship). However, the issue is that if they need to enter information for another ID, the form does not ask the paramater information when they hit new record. So they have to close the form and open the form to enter the new parameter information. How do I set it up for the form to ask for the paramaters each time a new record is added? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

go to record of a form from a subform
hi i have a form in data entry mode and a subform showing the related records to the form. i want to double click on the a specfic record in the subform the shows me the details in the main form. what is the best way in doing it. thanks I don't understand this question. The normal way you set up a form with a subform is to match a one-to-many relationship. The table on the ONE side of the relationship is the source for the main form. The table on the MANY side is the source for the subform. If you set up your form like that, you only see the related records in the subform if you alre...

Increasing number of records in a work book
I want to view an excel sheet with >500000 records, created from an editor in csv format (comma separated values). I can view only 65536 records. How can I increase the number of records? M E Ramakrishnan Hi one Excel worksheet has a maximum of 65536 rows. There is no way around this. You can try one of the following: - split your csv file on different worksheets - I'd recommend using a database for viewing this amount of data (e.g. MS Access) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany M E Ramakrishnan wrote: > I want to view an excel sheet with >500000 records, > created ...

Recording Cash
I'm new to Money and can't figure out how to account for cash purchases. I'm trying to keep track of cash expenditures within a budget. Hi Dave, I'm not sure how everyone else does it but when I do an ATM withdrawal, I post it to a category called 'Cash Withdrawal', then when I accumulate receipts for items I pay cash for I go to 'Categories' and double click on 'Cash Withdrawals', all of the transactions are listed there. I then double click on one of them and change the category for a transaction to the appropriate category, depending on the...

Creating a customer record in a child table
A big thank you again for the help I have been given so far. I want to create a child record linking to the original customer. I thought this would be simple [call]![customer_ID].value = [customer]![ID].value [customer]![ID].value gives me the ID of the first record in the table, not the currently selected record. What is the easy way of doing this? On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:40:56 +1100, Avid Fan <me@privacy.net> wrote: >A big thank you again for the help I have been given so far. > >I want to create a child record linking to the original customer. > &g...

Open and close an account record creates "changes"?
When I open and then close an Account record (in Web Client and Outlook Client of CRM) without changing anything, it still gives me the error "Are you sure you want to navigate from this page? Your changes have not been saved ... etc.." What can be the reason for this? We might have some workflows and/or coding on the Acount entity, but nothing unsupported or anything complicated..? Hi, Most probably you have some JScript on the form which is recalculating some field. If some field have value "100" and using some JScript, you remove that value and then reenter same v...

Summing up records in a Form
(Sorry for cross-posting. I accidentally posted to the "General Questions" track, but it fits obviously better here:) I have a table with four fields: (1) a unique ID, (2) a filter field, (3) a text (not unique) and (4) a number. In my form I want to filter the table by a combox selection (in this case the value "f1") and collapse the remaining records with identical text and show the sum of the number. Records (myId, myFilter, myTxt, myNum): 1, f1, texta, 9 2, f1, texta, 8 3, f2, texta, 7 4, f1, textb, 6 .... I want to filter only the "f1" records and see:...

How do I record a transaction to Accounts receivable?
I bought an item for "John" that cost $300. He will pay me back later. I paid for the item from my bank account and record it in Money as an expense. I'd also like to show the transaction as an accounts receivable from "John" or a loan to "John". How can I accomplish this? Craig, Create a new asset account called "Accounts Receivable" and record it in your bank account as a transfer to that account. This will result in the creation of a debt of $300. when the cash is paid back do a similar transfer. "Craig" wrote...

how do I change lookup sheet within formula?
I have a series of identical sheets mapping out employee holidays on an individual basis and I want to map them on to a summary sheet. I have posted a simple if formula into one row to extratc information from one sheet. Is there a way to copy this formula down the page to change the sheet name, but keep the rest of the formula identical? Thanks Yes using INDIRECT(). The below if applied and copied down will refer Sheet1!A1, Sheet2!A1 ,Sheet3!A1 and so on...Change to suit your tab names =INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(A1)&"'!a1") -- Jacob (MVP ...

Record view priviledge based on data element
Hi Team, Is there any way we can restrict particular record based on the data element? I mean to say that if I have a value in the record like 'IC Client', this records should be viewable by a particular security group only. In my case this security group is a BU as well. Thanks in advance. This is not possbile "out of the box" right now. Maybe future release will support "field level" security role settings... Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Dave Banerjee" wrote: > Hi Team, > &...

lookup ??
Hi I have a column of data which is added to on a daily basis . In anothe part of the workbook I have a summary sheet . What I would like t happen is for the last entry in this column to be updated on th summary sheet . eg each time the user enters a new bit of data onto th bottom of the column the last entry is what is seen on the summar sheet Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you don't have blank lines in between you could use something like =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,COUNTA('sheet'!A:A)-1,0) >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I ...

Lookup help #2
Hi All Trying to basically find - if "reading" A1 on sheet 1 then find "reading" on sheet 2 in column A and return cell No On worksheet 1 in cell A1 = Reading Worksheet 2 in column A = list of teams including Reading (Reading is eg A7 on this list) Result A7 Not having much joy - I must be looking at it the wrong way. Any help greatly welcome Thanks Paul Since you already know that Column A contains your data, would the row number be good enough for you? =MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corr...

lookup 08-25-04
Hi, How to set a lookup field (ContractID) in Quote entity. Thanks in advance Carlos CRM does not support user-created lookup fields. Maybe for version 2?? >-----Original Message----- > >Hi, > >How to set a lookup field (ContractID) in Quote entity. > >Thanks in advance >Carlos > >. > It has been promised for CRM 2005. Along with the ability to create new entities. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:28:17 -0700, "kat" <anonymous@discus...