Look up easier emails

when wanting to quickly see the emails in History, it is as of now still
necessary to click, open up etc and a little dreadful. Is there a way to
click for example on the space bar and to get a quick preview of the content
of the emails. Now it takes a while. Although I like the history function
very much it would add some value right?
Thanks in advance! Wonder if some of you are experiencing the same.
0
JS1 (36)
10/26/2009 12:05:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

At the left hand side of each email in the grid view there is a small blue
triangle pointing right. Click this to open the 'Preview' view of the
respective email.
You can also customise the 'Preview' view to choose which attributes you
want to show and the layout.

Hope this helps,
Phil.

"JS" wrote:

> when wanting to quickly see the emails in History, it is as of now still
> necessary to click, open up etc and a little dreadful. Is there a way to
> click for example on the space bar and to get a quick preview of the content
> of the emails. Now it takes a while. Although I like the history function
> very much it would add some value right?
> Thanks in advance! Wonder if some of you are experiencing the same.
0
Phil1 (164)
10/26/2009 12:53:01 AM
How would I customize that preview view and be able to print that preview
information along with the email, if I choose?

"Phil" wrote:

> At the left hand side of each email in the grid view there is a small blue
> triangle pointing right. Click this to open the 'Preview' view of the
> respective email.
> You can also customise the 'Preview' view to choose which attributes you
> want to show and the layout.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Phil.
>
> "JS" wrote:
>
> > when wanting to quickly see the emails in History, it is as of now still
> > necessary to click, open up etc and a little dreadful. Is there a way to
> > click for example on the space bar and to get a quick preview of the content
> > of the emails. Now it takes a while. Although I like the history function
> > very much it would add some value right?
> > Thanks in advance! Wonder if some of you are experiencing the same.
0
sweetmans (6)
10/26/2009 5:45:02 PM
You can customise the preview the same way you would customise the form or
other views in the system - go to Settings -> Customisation -> Customise
Entities, double click the entity you want to modify (E-mail in this case),
go to the 'Forms and Views' page and double click the Preview view. When done
you need to save and close the windows then publish the changes from the
Customise Entities page.

You can print the list of emails from the Activities or History view; but
you can only have the Preview view open for one record at a time.

Regards,
Phil.

"sweetmans" wrote:

> How would I customize that preview view and be able to print that preview
> information along with the email, if I choose?
>
> "Phil" wrote:
>
> > At the left hand side of each email in the grid view there is a small blue
> > triangle pointing right. Click this to open the 'Preview' view of the
> > respective email.
> > You can also customise the 'Preview' view to choose which attributes you
> > want to show and the layout.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Phil.
> >
> > "JS" wrote:
> >
> > > when wanting to quickly see the emails in History, it is as of now still
> > > necessary to click, open up etc and a little dreadful. Is there a way to
> > > click for example on the space bar and to get a quick preview of the content
> > > of the emails. Now it takes a while. Although I like the history function
> > > very much it would add some value right?
> > > Thanks in advance! Wonder if some of you are experiencing the same.
0
Phil1 (164)

How to change the action/view when you delete an email in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange In Entourage, when you delete an email, the next email it selects or moves to is the next newest email in the group or viewing order. Is there a way to change that setting so that it will move to the next oldest message? In Outlook this can be changed, but I haven't found where this setting may be hiding in Entourage. ...

HTML email #2
I have a html document I want as the email. I have received emails from colleagues in which the actual email is their html document. How do you do this? Justin <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a html document I want as the email. I have received emails > from colleagues in which the actual email is their html document. How > do you do this? See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Brian Tillman I recommend not to use HTML web page in e-mail without testing the outcome on different clients. Designing a HTML email is far more complic...

text not showing when i type in the email body
when i type in the body of the email nothing shows up. i can type in the subject and type in address. i cant copy and paste from a word doc. any suggestions. thx What version of Outlook are you using? I assume you've already tried rebooting? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "yanto" <yanto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DEEB82A-EF41-4692-9470-8713...

Workflow eMail 03-21-07
What email address is used for the FROM field when defining an email in workflow? thanks The From field is depended on the owner of the record. Hopr this helps! Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 21, 9:38 am, "Dyawlak" <dyaw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > What email address is used for the FROM field when defining an email in > workflow? > > thanks Thanks Darren, in the case of Service case, is that the owner of the Account? Thanks "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174490272.633022.73240@...

How can I send an email from an alternate "from" address?
I have several alternate email addresses that funnel back to me on Outlook. How can I send an email so that the "from" line is from one of these alternates? Which mail account type are you using? Assuming POP3 see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/aliases.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Rouse Chamberlin Ltd" <Rouse Chamberlin Ltd@discussions.mi...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

vlookup and email addresses
Hi, I have a vlookup formula in sheet 1 and in sheet 2 with the list of names column A and column B with their respective email addresses. I had the email addresses with hyperlinks in sheet 2. But when I look up a name on sheet 1, it's not hyperlinked. I tried hyperlinking it on sheet 1 but when I type in a different name the email address does not change with the corresponding name. thanks youth Sounds like you just need the appropriate format. Select one of the cells with the mailto hyperlink from sheet 2, and copy (ctrl+C). Highlight the column on sheet1 where the email addresse...

Pictures won't send with email
I receive pictures perfectly. But when I forward the email, the pictures do not show (red "x" in a box) - none of them. It doesn't matter what format the pictures are. If I send email as an attachment, the pictures do transmit. Any solution for this problem? Tools | Options | Send | Mail Sending Format | HTML Settings. Is: Send pictures with messages checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "floaero" <floaero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD283CFC-DD2F-4E3D-9D52-444A5A857CB5@mi...

Everytime I email a spredsheet, the receiving end cannot open it
The person on the receiving end cannot open the spread because it is encrypted. I just upgrade to office 2007. I do I turn this feature off? Two known solutions: 1) Save the WB as "97-2003" (xls) instead of XLSX. 2) Ask the recipient(s) to install the Compatibility Pack: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466 Micky "mj61274" wrote: > The person on the receiving end cannot open the spread because it is > encrypted. I just upgrade to office 2007. I do I turn this feature off? ...

Can't remove email acct
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

OL2007 CURSOR LOCATION: Replies to Emails or Opening New Emails
Whenever I hit "Reply", "Forward" or "New" emails, I cannot determine where my cursor location defaults to. It used to be on "Reply", it would land in the text entry area. Now there is no blinking cursor, and I need to manually click in an area to either add a name, or to start typing text. Is there any setting that I can use to "reset" the cursor location? I've discovered that on the Reply emails, the "cursor" will land on the Send Button...but not consistently "BirdMan" wrote: > Whenever I hit...

Customer Email Address
Recently installed HQ and am having a few issues. One is that, in two of my three stores, the clerks can't type anything in the Email Address box. It is "greyed out" but all the other boxes are fine (ie. name, phone#). Thoughts? For that Cashier check what Security level they are assigned to in the SO Manager --> Database menu --> Cashier Properties. Then check if there are any custom security levels defined. SO Manager --> File menu --> Security menu --> View. Rob "Krista" <Krista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E36A5E3...

Emailing PART of a spreadsheet
Is is possible to highlight part of a spreadsheet in Excel 2010 and have it sent to my email client? I know that I can email the entire thing but it is a very large spreadsheet and I only want to email a small highlighted part of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You should take a look at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail4.htm Micky "dsosb" wrote: > Is is possible to highlight part of a spreadsheet in Excel 2010 and have it > sent to my email client? I know that I can email the entire thing but it is a > very large spreadsheet and I o...

use forwarded email address on new emails
I have my emails forwarded to my ISP. I want all new out going emails to have the address of the account that forwards to the ISP. I don't want any one to see my ISP address. Is this possible with Outlook 07? Thanks navanax wrote: > I have my emails forwarded to my ISP. I want all new out going emails to > have the address of the account that forwards to the ISP. I don't want any > one to see my ISP address. Is this possible with Outlook 07? Thanks In the e-mail accounts that YOU define inside of Outlook, put whatever you want as your e-mail address. Ra...

Opening email on outlook.
For some reason only on this computer at home when opening email on outlook, I check mail on my exchange server at my place of employment = I am able to see my email in my mailbox but when I try to double click to open email and answer it - nothing happens. I am unable to answer my mail even though I can view it. Are you using OWA to access your work email? Do you have a POP-UP blocker on the one machine that will not work? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efd01c42f2b$e86be1e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... For...

Removing Email Guid CRM: :MRC
Hello, We have MSCRM 1.2 and I can't seem to get rid of the guid from emails. I have added: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\MessageTagBehavior with a value of 0 as described in the MSFT's KB article and rebooted both the CRM and Exch servers. Is there something that I need to do in addition to the aforementioned? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Ray Ray, Where did you add the regitry key? It should be added on the exchange server and not on the CRM server. Also have you used a DWORD? The solution should work, we have done it with multiple servers at our current c...

Outbox won't send email with an attachment
After composing an email and attaching a word document, I click send and it goes to the outbox but does not send it. How can I resolve this problem? ...

How do i save the email information in Excel 2003 for next time?
In Office 2002, see link, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010448651033.aspx it says, towards the bottom: "In Excel, the original worksheet remains open so that you can continue working on it. When you save the worksheet, the e-mail information (recipient list, e-mail options, and any file attachments) is saved with the worksheet. The next time you send a copy of the worksheet, the e-mail information appears in the e-mail header. This makes it easy to send updates of the worksheet to the same recipients." Can this also be done in Office 2003? I've upgraded ...

Sending Bulk emails
Is there a limit as to how many people you can send in 1 email. I have to send out information/news to 298 people at once, but I can only do so if I split the groups into 3 emails. -- S.a.s.t.news Check with your email account provider... most have a limit. Windows Mail doesn't. "sastnews" <sastnews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8080B14-B5FF-4BF2-B892-32DE51260A4A@microsoft.com... > Is there a limit as to how many people you can send in 1 email. I have to > send out information/news to 298 people at once, but I can only do so...

moving email messages between accounts

Email Notifications #2
All, I have scheduled a stored procedure on my sql server which uses xp_sendmail to send email notifications to clients every day. Out of the 25 daily emails 1 or 2 fails. Xp_sendmail uses outlook mapi that connects to my exchange 2000 to send emails. None of my users using the exchange server has complained of any email problems so I assume my email server is fine. Is there any way that I can track the email route from the outlook client on the server to the exchange server to figure out where it fails? Any ideas will be appreciated. ...

Create Lead from Email #2
I have setup a queue to receive incoming emails from leads. I am able to use a workflow to create a new lead for each incoming email. The issue that I have encountered is that the data for these leads are collected by outside vendors and contain additional information. Each vendors format is consistent. I would like to be able to parse the body of the email and populate fields in the lead. I would prefer to do this using CRM but if you know of some good 3rd party tools please let me know. Thanks Chris, We are developing a solution to address our client requirements, reading the email ...

Can't receive or send email
I get this mesage when I try to access my email: Account: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Server: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Can't figure out how to get it up and running again Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is=20 not enabled. If that setting was not enabled, which antivirus are you=20 running? Some of them cause proble...

Undeliverable Email
How do you stop incoming "Undeliverable Messages" in Enchange 2000 for users that are no longer with a company and have been deleted from Exchange. I get tired of deleting the "Bad Mail" files. Thanks Brad The most commonly suggested solution is to create a "blackhole" distribution list - no members, add the smtp addresses of all the defunct users. All mails to this list will vaporize. -tom --- "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019701c3d3c2$cb63fe30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop incoming "Unde...

Send as email greyed out
Hi, I am still unable to get an email merge to work. I've done everything I can to ensure that Outlook 07 is my default mail client (and it is). I've also added the "send as email" button to my MS Word tool bar. However, this is greyed out, which makes me think there is something not quite right in my setup. I looked at this page: http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Word-2007-greyed--ftopict938539.html and they refer to a registry addition - would it be a good idea to try this in Vista Business? Grateful for advice as I can't get mailouts to go till this is sorted. Tha...