Login problem to CRM 3.0

Hi,

I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login
perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or
http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user.

If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and
specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I
enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got
the following message: "You are not authorized to view this
page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized...

I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next
step.

Thanks, Miklos

0
miklos
12/4/2006 5:19:51 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi:

Try adding http://appserver to your Local Intranet Zone, and then change the
security setting to "Automatic logon only in Intranet Zone". And don't
forget to allow pop-ups from http://appserver.

John.
--
This message sent from Windows Vista Ultimate
http://mscrmguy.blogspot.com/

"miklos" <mikloshoffmann@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login
> perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or
> http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user.
>
> If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and
> specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I
> enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got
> the following message: "You are not authorized to view this
> page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized...
>
> I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next
> step.
>
> Thanks, Miklos

0
John
12/5/2006 1:03:22 AM
Good call John, I would also add going to the advanced tab and configuring
the browser to use Integrated security so the browser attepts to use Kerberos
authentication.

/:>

"John" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Try adding http://appserver to your Local Intranet Zone, and then change the
> security setting to "Automatic logon only in Intranet Zone". And don't
> forget to allow pop-ups from http://appserver.
>
> John.
> --
> This message sent from Windows Vista Ultimate
> http://mscrmguy.blogspot.com/
>
> "miklos" <mikloshoffmann@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login
> > perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or
> > http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user.
> >
> > If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and
> > specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I
> > enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got
> > the following message: "You are not authorized to view this
> > page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized...
> >
> > I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next
> > step.
> >
> > Thanks, Miklos

Dear John and Curt,

http://appserver is in the "Local Intranet" zone, and I turnedd off the
Pop-Up Blocker.
I also checked Tool-Internet Options - Advanced, where "Enable
Integrated Windows Authentication" is activated.
The symptoms are the same.

Thanks, Mikl=F3s

0
miklos

Login does nothing at all ?
Hello people, I have a user that launches IE and goes to the correct URL to sign in into CRM 4.0, just like all my other users do. He uses his correct credentials, tries to logon and then nothing happens. That is, he gets the request to log in again. No error message, nothing. Just the screen to sign in again like he just started. This is not a problem with the user itself, but rather with the PC - other users have the same problem on that PC and the application runs fine on other PC's. I know there is something that *does* work, since when I use the wrong credentials, I get an er...

Problem with Spam filter in OL2003
I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email Options I have the level set to High and within International I have a number of TLDs set. All appears to be set correctly but when I receive email it all goes into my Inbox. I do have a Junk Email folder but it has a red crossed circle on it. Maybe this is normal but I'm not sure. Is there some other setting that I am unaware of which is needed to activate the spam blocking? Thanks Bob <bob1030@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email &g...

deleting a file in VC++ 6.0
Can someone show me how to delete a known file within a VC++ 6.0 MFC app. Thanks An MFC way to do it would be CFile::Remove() http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a9skzxhx(VS.80).aspx Tom "Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:gb%0i.2$R97.0@trndny03... > Can someone show me how to delete a known file within a VC++ 6.0 MFC app. > Thanks > > The same way you delete it in a Win32 app, a console app, a VS2005 app, etc: ::DeleteFile if(!::DeleteFile(pathnamehere)) { /* failed */ DWORD err = ::GetLastError(); ...

CondForm not applying to zero, "0", when it should.
I've just searched through all my posts in this ng. I'm almost 99% positive that I've run into this "zero" problem before. I've set up conditional formatting in a column so that if the cell value is "less than or equal to" and then put "0" in the box, that certain formatting will be applied to those cells. But what I've discovered is that in testing the conditional formatting, some obey this formatting with a zero and some don't. I seem to remember something about zeros being able to be positive or negative and that we had to do somethi...

Antivirus on CRM
We are using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition on our network. Do we need to set any scanning exclusions on the CRM server so it does not impact performance? Thanks That is a great proactive question. You dont want to scan SQL databases and If I recall certain INetpub folders. Check Symantec knowledge base for exact files/folders to exclude. "circulent" wrote: > We are using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition on our network. Do we need > to set any scanning exclusions on the CRM server so it does not impact > performance? > > Thanks ...

C++ Interfaces (was "Re: Get Allocated Block Size") [0]
"Chris Cranford" <chris.cranford@tkdsoftware.com> wrote in message news:wcNNTP.01c34336.24d80e20.1000.1057436717@tkdsoftware.com... > Well, I opted to use a different approach by having two variables in the > dialog: > > DWORD m_dwObjectType; > LPVOID m_lpObjectData; > > This way the data is set the LPVOID and the object type is set using a set > of constant variables that identify object types. Then, the dialog can > recast the LPVOID data to the approach object type structure based on the > object type DWORD. Proved to make more sense.......

Outlook connector, connection problems still annoying...
Hello, (my hope is that someone from MS read this, reported more than one time via feedback) I have one problem with the Outlook connector which is more than annoying. I have added 5 Hotmail accounts, and I have added Outlook 2007 to my Autostart folder. Unfortunately I have sometimes problems with my rouuter/ISP at windows startup, with the result that I get 5 message boxes which ask me for my Hotmail password. That's annoying. Peter It sounds like you need to delay outlook's start. There are utilities that can control the start order and add delays or you can use a batch file ...

Password / Auto_Open Macro Problem :-(
Hi, I recently made this macro in excel: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc/browse_thread/thread/4224d7377faa09d3/e008d26c6bdad365 I then made an Auto_Open macro consisting of the line "call Highlighted_Text()" . My workbook has always had a password. Since opening the workbook with the Auto_Open macro, I am asked for my password as usual. But even though I am entering the correct password, I am told that it is wrong and to check if I have my SHIFT key turned off. I CAN'T ACCESS THE WORKBOOK!!!! I have tried pressing the SHIFT key different ways...

Fuel Consumption Problem
I need to build a worksheet that calculates MPG for a car whenever the tank is filled. The tank is not filled each time, but some times only a few gallons are put in. I need a formula that will do the maths only when the tank is filled. It would need to take into account the partial fillings in order to get the correct MPG. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rusty Surely it is just sum of miles travelled divided by sum of gallons input? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOU...

Visual Studio Conversion Wizard to asp.net 4.0
When I first opened my website with Visual Studio 2010, the conversion wizard came up and I said no. Now two weeks later how can I get the wizard back? -- Arne Garvander (Happily unemployed professional Geek) ...

error while archiving #3
I get two error messages after archiving in my deleted folder. The messages say (1) error while archiving folder tasks in store archive folders and (2) error while archiving folder tasks in store personal folders All the other folders archive OK Can anyone help? 1. Deleted items = trash. Do you save your trash? (really - I am serious - if you want to save items, then why throw them out?) 2. Can you run scanpst.exe against the archive.pst file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Database problems
I am a computr Tech, I installed RMS for a friend and explained that they need to back it up every night, which i discovered has not been done. Now when I try to use store Ops, I get "login failed" If I go to Ops Admin, I can connect to the DB, but when I test the connection, it tells me "login failed" at one point i even get "the database has been marked suspect by recovery" I cannot ever use Operrations manager Help me PLEASE -- Terry Terry, Are you sure you are using the correct SQL SA password? How did you copy/install/place the database onto the com...

CRM Customization 12-17-03
I have just started evaluating Microsoft CRM for our business, but one critical need is probably going to require some customization to interact with our existing home grown CRM database that handles ecommerce and tracks customer software downloads. We are .NET developers ourselves, so that shouldn't be a problem. However before I dig too deep, I'd like to know if the following is possible in MS CRM 1.2: 1) Can data be synchronized with with another SQL database? For example could we integrate the sales data in our eccommerce database with MSCRM? It would be nice if we could sched...

Page Preview/Print Problem
When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "margins do not fit page size" error. I have followed all the help instructions on formatting a worksheet to a single page, but nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions? What version of Excel and window are you using? "laura@basi-usa.com" wrote: > When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate > page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "...

sync problems #3
I am having two problems synch 1. With MSN Money, will not sync data saying information is needed, but I can log on to site with no poblem and when I go to send a bill have no problem. 2. Sync with MSN Web keeps saying updates are temporarily unavaialbe (been a couple of months since I was able to do so). I own Microsoft Money 2006 (upgraded serveral times from earlier versions. Any suggestions? I have the same problem as do others on this site. I bet you installed the beta of IE 7 as I did. even though I uninstalled it the syncing does not work. John "BillB" <BillB...

MIDL Problem by creating TypeLib from IDL
Hi, I receive the following error message when I call the MIDL compiler to create a Typlib from an IDL File (translated from german): "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be found." The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. How can I solve this problem? Thanks Christian > "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be > found." > The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. Is mspdb60.dll in a location described in you PATH environment variable? It s...

SQL 2008, problem setting Identity Specification
Hi, I'm trying to set an IdentityColumn on a table. But I get the following error when I try that "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be created and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require table to be re-created." I have never seen this kind of error in pervious version of SQL. I am the db_owner on this database. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Such operation requires re-creation of the table and the ...

Permission Error in CRM Web based Application
hello. When I click tabs in Navigation Bar on the bottom of Microsoft CRM Web User Interface (v 1.2), usually I get the following error. line: 69 char: 4 Error: Permission Denied Code: 0 URL: http://crm/bar_bottom.aspx?startPage=Home This is not stopping me from working on CRM instead i can use menu bar GoTo --> Home (or other), meybe you can help me to solve this problem, wating for replay I found another post about this problem and the answer :) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870635 "Osvaldas T" wrote: > hello. When I click tabs in Navigat...

XP/Pub97 print problem
Looking for help last night I saw a question concerning using Publisher 97 on XP. Since the answer was yes, I have a different question. I used to print statements with publisher, and had a clip-art at the top. Now, since I upgraded to XP, the clip-art does not print. Late last night I found that if I save the file then reload it, I can print one copy. The second print operation drops the clip-art. As long as I reload the file first, I can print another copy. I feel this is a 'settings' problem, but can't find anything that seems to fit. I really don't know where to loo...

MAPI Problem with Exchange 2000 and ARCServe Agent
My ARCServe BrightStore backup software will no longer perform a bricks-level backup (information store backup works fine). The bricks-level backup uses MAPI functions where the information store backup does not. The ARCServe tech support finally determined the problem is with my Exchange 2000 server and not their software. The only change I made to my network recently is I upgraded my Windows 2000 domain to a Windows 2003 domain using domainprep and forestprep because I wanted to upgrade only my domain controllers to Windows 2003. My Exchange 2000 server is sitting on a Windows 2000 Se...

CRM 1.2
Is it possible in CRM 1.2 to do one of the following when an account is created 1. create a new case 2. run a process created under Cases ? ...

Large BLOB problem
Hi,I am using SQL Server 2000 as backend, where I store files, so i came to problem when I fill IMAGE (OLE Object) field with files larger tha 50 mb.Table is linked to access 97 application, i use DAO GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.Error (ODBC call failed) emerges when I call Update method of recordset object.I've run some tests with same table structure using access97 db as backend and everything works fine, files of 150 mb are 'uploaded' without problem.When I use SQL Server 2000 as backend , i can't insert more than 50mb into field.What is the problem?Cache between access...

Error when tracking in CRM
Hi, When tracking (in CRM) an email in outlook the folowing error occurs: An error occured promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permission to perform this action. Do you want to send this e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Chris ...

Workflow Rule Failing in 3.0
Hey, So I'm not sure why this "Create" WF rule keeps failing, but I have a picklist in a task that is set by the WF rule, based on entity conditions. If the conditions are met the Picklist is set to "Yes" (the picklist has 3 values, "Yes", "No", and "N/A"). I have some OnLoad code that checks this value, and if the Value is "Yes", a function that captures the Click "Save As Complete" event throws an Alert and prevents the action. Thing is, the Workflow rule doesn't set the field and if I go to the Workflow M...

'My' CRM Views
Is there a way to create a public view similar to the 'My' views that in addition to displaying records owned by the current user, will also include any records that have been shared with the user? ------=_NextPart_0001_0A981016 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the way to include "sharing information" as a criteria. Kind Regards, Ken Microsoft Online Partner Support ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: Th...