Logical User for Case

I have been working on having an aknowlegment email go out to customer when
we create a new case for them when they call in.

Currently I have it setup to send email when new case created of origin=phone.

What I dont understand is what the logical user option stands for when I
choose whom the recipient of the email is.

My choices under logical user are:
[account/contact]
[account]
[contact]
[owner's manager]
[owner]

What do these relate to within CRM.  I am unable to find anywhere where it
specifies who these recipients would be when I choose any of these.

I hope my question is not vague.

Thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Logged in as wrong user
I did try posting onto a previous question on this topic but haven't had a reply as it is way down the list of postings so perhaps noone has noticed it. I have somehow managed to get myself in a knot - when I try and log onto CRM from my PC as myself I am ending up logged on as CRM Admin. I have obviously checked a box about "remember password" or somesuch but deleting cookies and restarting the PC hasn't helped (although everywhere else is now prompting me to re-enter my login details). All previous references to this explain the problem but don't tell me how to ...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

Autopopulate Case Resolution Dialog Box
Hi We are aware that we cannot populate the 'Case Resolution Dialog Box' so we have created custom attributes named 'Resolution' , 'Description' and 'Resolved' and inserted these fields on the Case form. We would not like to remove the Case Resolution record or button from CRM however we would like the fields on the 'Case Resolution Dialog Box' to be autopopulated with the information that was captured on the Case form. I attempted to do this using a workflow rule which of course did not work. Is there a supported way that we can achieve this bi...

Looking for a method to print only those worksheets that the user has entered data into
Hi everyone I have a workbook that has 7 worksheets un-hidden. Of those, each has a limited number of cells that are un-protected. Each sheet prints to a single page. The user can enter data on one, some or all of the sheets. Is there a short-cut method that would allow the user to (at a single click) print all of the sheets that have user-input data and not any of those that are left 'blank' TI rp Hi not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rpw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:732719CD-1559-4CD1-B0...

recover domain user password without the domain.
Hello, I have a client that has a company laptop, and he has forgotten his password. Now the laptop was part of an old business with a domain that no longer exists. What can I do to recover the password. I have access to the local admin account, but not the domain admin account on the laptop. Domain was with a sbs 2003 machine. You cannot recover domain password without a domain controller. If you have access to the local admin account, you can unjoin computer from the domain. Then create a local user account and let the owner use this new local account. "Don"...

Forgot my password and want to change user name
I want my user name to be gpellicce instead of grodriguez4 ...

select case
Hi I have various cells on a worksheet in different rows that is linked to a vba case selection, whereby rows are hidden or not based on the drop down selection in those cells. The problem that I have is that the user has the option to insert rows in between these cells which will have the effect that the wrong row ranges will now be hidden or not as the rows now move downwards depending on how many rows are inserted. Is there a way of ensuring that the range selection as per the vba moves downwards as and when rows are being inserted? Hein As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for com...

Any Measurement Studio users around?
Hello out there, Measurement Studio offers several components (e.g. Slide or Thermometer) whose orientation can be changed. However, this is not done the normal way going thru the property grid, but rather they provide a link below to "Inverse orientation". All fine and good but I need to do this at run-time and lacking a property it's all magic. If anybody knows how to achieve this the info would be highly appreciated. Best regards Helmut Giese Answering my own post (if anyone ever searches the archive for a similar question) the answer can be found here: http:/...

how to find the last modified user?
Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular record (of any entity)? Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact? Thanx There is an example in the SDK of building an "Auditing" module for the CRM admin which would give views of who changed which records, etc. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Simon" wrote: > Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular > record (of any entity)? > Esp, who last mod...

Advanced Filter Case Sensitive
Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria range and run the filter and only pull records that are DOG, not dog. Thanks very much. In the criteria area, leave the heading cell blank In the cell below, enter a formula that refers to the first row of data. For example: =EXACT(D2,"DOG") Joseph S Johnson wrote: > Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case > sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria > range and run the filter and only pull records that are > DOG, not dog. ...

Case From
Is there any way that I can Add a field on the case form under details tag as to give a description for the selected satisfaction level selected ? Yes you can, both v1.x and v3 supports adding new custom fields to Case object. Here is a step by step sample in v1.2 (v3.0 coming soon): http://www.workopia.com/howto/AddingCustomField.htm Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Ulrich" wrote: > Is there any way that I can Add a field on the case form under details tag as > to give a description for the selected satisfaction level selected ? ...

my admin users are not shown on the welcome screen
hi. good time. first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). then i disable the built-in administrator. and i logoff the windows. now i cannot login to widows. please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. good luck. Shirazian wrote: > hi. > good time. > first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). > then i disable the built-in administrator. > and i logoff the windows. > now i cannot login to widows. > please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. Try logging on to Safe Mode with the Administrator account. To get ...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...

GP 9.0 user logins passwords
Hi We are using GP 9.0. Is it possible to disable the option of allowing users to change their passwords, when they login to GP. I understand that Great Plains user passwords are encrypted and you cant use the same passwords to login to SQL server directly. To overcome this we can override the passwords directly in SQL server. I have to change the passwords directly in SQl to enable users to login to Frx with same user ID and password as in GP. Unfortunately when I change the user password within SQL server, and the user tries to login to Great Plains, he/she is prompted or rather forced to c...

Logic Erroe in VBA Code Attached
The following code works except for the IF clause. The idea is to select a range of cells on the active worksheet. Those selected cells contain formulas that are to be encapsulated by another formula. Using the VBA Debugger in Excel 2003, I noted that "Range" in the Dim statement is not in Blue print as are the others like "String." The point of my concern is that the value for myCellRange is "Nothing" according to the debugger. Therefore, the MsgBox and Exit occur. If I comment out the If clause, the Macro works unless I do not select cells with formulas i...

declaring user defined class in MFc
Hi all, I am new at MFC and i am trying to learn it. In my application, if i need to add a user defined class,which is the best place to declare it. For example, i want to add a class called node_info as class node_info { public: int proc_id; int port; }; Now i am using this class in my main application's file (from where i interact with the gui). Which is the best place to declare the class and where should i instantiate the objects(i want to instantiate an array of objects) kunal "kunal s patel" <kunalspatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74...

NDR Sending to E2K3 Users from E5.5
I have recently installed E2K3 in mixed mode to work with our existing Exchange 5.5. AD is running in interim mode while our NT 4 BDCs get replaced. I have migrated a few users over to E2K3 with no problems. However, Exchange 5.5 users cannot send email to mailboxes that were created on the E2K3 server(NDR report 5.1.1). The migrated users can send to these mailboxes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Al Stephenson After a little more digging I have found that the new users being created are being placed in a USER container instead of the recipient container which is where the 5.5 user...

New users in GAL not replicating to users
I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5. I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers... New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached mode in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode. Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps? Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side? Steps? Recommendations? Thanks in advance... Chris H. I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us "Chris"...

Importing Notes into CRM Query/Case
Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the data filed on mapping. We have the notes tab locked so no one can delete information So would this stop the field from being visable ? I can how ever mapp the notes to another tab we created and they import into there fine. Please advise. On May 25, 6:06=A0am, Nessa <Ne...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. > I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the &g...

Create appointments for another user
Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able to create a case for a CSR and if necessary, also create an appointment on his/ner calander. Thanks in advance. -Chris Chris, You can create the appointment or case, after you created it (for yourself) you can assign it to someone else or to a queue (if you have enough rights for it). The assign option should be in the action menu. Hope this helps, Rob Bakkers Avanade Netherlands "Chris Pelon" wrote: > Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able > to creat...

Gucci 111 Guccio Bracelet Polished Stainless Steel Square Case Mens Watch YA111302 Recommendation Discount Watches
Gucci 111 Guccio Bracelet Polished Stainless Steel Square Case Mens Watch YA111302 Recommendation Discount Watches Gucci 111 Guccio Bracelet Polished Stainless Steel Square Case Mens Watch YA111302 Site: http://gucci-watches.pxhelp.com/Gucci-wristwatch-3239.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Gucci Watches: http://gucci-watches.pxhelp.com/ Gucci 111 Guccio Bracelet Polished Stainless Steel Square Case Mens Watch YA111302 AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Gucci Watches ( http://gucci-watches.pxhelp.com/ ) Gender : Mens Model : gucci-mens-guccio-...

Import users from mixed mode Domain
Hello friends I have a domain with 2 sub domains (Sub-Domain A and B), and I installed the MS CRM 3 on sub-domain A. The functional Level of Sub-Domain A is 2003 Native and Sub-Domain B is Mixed, because the existence of NT4 PDC. On Deployment Guide 3.0.5 MS CRM, on page 6-12 tell how to add users from mixed mode, and because I'm new on this, I can't find the role "Browser for Microsoft CRM", wich is necessary to be assigned to the local security group that I will create with users from mixed Sub-Domain B. Can anyone help me with this step? Best Regards, ...

How can multiple users access same mailbox and send as that mailbox name?
Hi Folks, I'm hoping this turns out to be a dumb question with an easy solution: My customer wants both user-1 and user-2 to receive all mail addressed to user-3@company.com. Additionally, the customer wants user-1 and user-2 to send all their mail mail with user-3@company.com as the default sender address. User-1 and user-2 should be able to see all mail sent with the user-3@company.com sender address, whether sent by user-1 or by user-2. Any changes, deletions, etc, made by user-1 should be seen by user-2 and vice versa. Thanks for your help! Frank Frank Denman Den...

Add Users to the Business Portal site
Hello all, I have a new installation of Dynamics SL FP1, Business Portal FP1 and MOSS 2008 Enterprise. All of the installs went great without any errors during the installation. Next I configured Dynamics SL with a database update, added users, added all of my registration keys, created databases and then installed the business portal. Agian all went well.. Then I went into the business portal site and tried to add users. So I go to the business portal home page and click site actions>site settings> under Business Portal administration i click the link users The first thing i get ...

One user cannot logon to OWA
I have an instance where one user cannot login to OWA. It worked for her before and she is the only one experiencing the issue. I actually deleted her entire account from active directory, deleted her entire email from Exchange, synchronized to all domain controllers, re-added the account (same naming conventions), but she is still having the same problem. When I create a new account with totally different naming conventions, no problems at all. I thought everything for accounts was recognized as a SID, not by name. Is it possible using the same naming convention is causing the aut...