Localization of CRM 3.0

What opportunities does the Dynamics CRM 3.0 give for localization?
For example, I need to translate the main menu of the CRM or some forms
(Resolve Case, Lookup dialogs etc).
Or Can I do this using editing of any resourses in the libraries (dll's)?
Where does the CRM hold string tables?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM does not provide "true" localization.  You can install the product in
your choice of (I belive 23) languages, but that is an implementation level
decision.  It does not support the ability for one user to use the system in
English and another user to use it in Spanish.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Acronix" <Acronix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
What opportunities does the Dynamics CRM 3.0 give for localization?
For example, I need to translate the main menu of the CRM or some forms
(Resolve Case, Lookup dialogs etc).
Or Can I do this using editing of any resourses in the libraries (dll's)?
Where does the CRM hold string tables?

0
Matt
11/14/2005 6:27:32 PM
One of the webcasts told me that there is a possibility to create several
frontend webservers based on one SQL machine. Each frontend server can have
their own language installed. This allows you to have several languages for
one implementation.

Kind regards,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> CRM does not provide "true" localization.  You can install the product in
> your choice of (I belive 23) languages, but that is an implementation level
> decision.  It does not support the ability for one user to use the system in
> English and another user to use it in Spanish.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Acronix" <Acronix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What opportunities does the Dynamics CRM 3.0 give for localization?
> For example, I need to translate the main menu of the CRM or some forms
> (Resolve Case, Lookup dialogs etc).
> Or Can I do this using editing of any resourses in the libraries (dll's)?
> Where does the CRM hold string tables?

All forms and picklist values will only be in one language even if you have
front-end servers with different languages installed.  Form labels and
picklist values are stored in the DB, not a resource file.

Jason Hunt
Invoke Systems

"Ronald Lemmen" <RonaldL@-REMOVETHIS-avanade.com> wrote in message
> One of the webcasts told me that there is a possibility to create several
> frontend webservers based on one SQL machine. Each frontend server can
> have
> their own language installed. This allows you to have several languages
> for
> one implementation.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> CRM does not provide "true" localization.  You can install the product in
>> your choice of (I belive 23) languages, but that is an implementation
>> level
>> decision.  It does not support the ability for one user to use the system
>> in
>> English and another user to use it in Spanish.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Acronix" <Acronix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> What opportunities does the Dynamics CRM 3.0 give for localization?
>> For example, I need to translate the main menu of the CRM or some forms
>> (Resolve Case, Lookup dialogs etc).
>> Or Can I do this using editing of any resourses in the libraries (dll's)?
>> Where does the CRM hold string tables?

0
Jason

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003 #3
every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur Mayur Patel <patelmb@vt.edu> wrote: > every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak > outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

CRM client for outlook on a terminal server
I have installed CRM 3.0 and when I run the terminstall it gets to the end of the install but has errors. It shows that all the files have been copied succesfully. The last 3 lines say the following. ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value. this is a 2003 network. have you installed this? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&DisplayLang=en "Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook Deployment with Terminal Server" "Kevmer" <Kevmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Upgrading callouts and assemblies from 3.0 to 4.0
I have existing callouts and assemblies in 1.1 doct net versions. What would be the steps to upgrade these callouts and assemblies to 3.0? I have made calls to CRM and Metadata webservices from the assemblies. How much and what changes are required to these assemblies for making them useable in MS CRM 4.0? Please give me some ideas.. -- romeo!! For a complete conversion there are a few steps, depending on how you use the webservices this may take some work. 1. Create the new plug-in assembly classes: these classes must implement the IPlugin interface. In the Execute method you must ma...

number format #3
I want to change number format to indian number format form american number format for example: the american format is like 200,200,000.00 I want to change it as indian format 2,00,20,000.00 Adding to M ike's response, #","##","##","###.00;-#","##","##","###.00 to use the same format for negative numbers with a preceding minus sign -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mike" <mike22p@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gGdQskWDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > #","##","##"...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

CRM 4 Outlook Client Toolbar\folders not loading
I have one user that I have installed\uninstalled a number of times and Outlook does not connect to the server. The user has Outlook 2003 and XP SP3. I do not see the CRM icon in the taskbar like other computers. Thre is a CRM folder at the bottom of the Mail Folders with only deleted items. I have removed the crmaddin.dll and readded numerous times. I have run diagnostics and the only thing that shows up is that CRM was configured nder a different profile. I checked and see that there is only 1 Outlook profile. I am installing as the user (local admin) whose machine it is. I have insta...

smtp address #3
-- Geoff Kidd ...

Great Plains 4.0
I have the old version of Great Plains 4.0 and when I try to login to the application I get the error Message #18700 missing. I am not sure where to go for information on this error. Vasu, You may have a lot of difficulty getting any kind of support for ver 4.0 Great Plains no longer supports it and I can't recall anything from so long back. Contact your VAR or any reseller in your area, and they should be able to help. You should consider upgrading too. GP has come a long way since then. HS "Vasu Tirunelvelly" <srinivasnh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uta38i8f...

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. ...

CRM customization query
Hi, I have a customization query, I want to see the number of records available before I am getting the data for reports. I need this because, I want to generate a report by applying some filter criteria but at the same time I want the resultant record number below a specific limit. On the advance find, after I am applying the filters we get hte resultant data by clicking on the Find button. This takes us to the page where we can see the data. Now I want to add a new button on the Advance find screen on click of which I can get the record count of the result set for the filter i have ...

Salesprocess not running after migration from CRM 3.0
Hi, We are trying to perform a test migration from 3.0 to 4.0. The migration goes OK, but after the migration all the sales process workflows have an error. The wfl's have the status "waiting", which is OK, because they are all waiting for an earlier created activity to reach the status "completed". Already found some info on an issue where workflow problems could occur when the website points to an IP adress in IIS, so changed that to "All unassigned". This didn't make any difference. After turning on tracing the tracefile for the AsyncService ther...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

localized standard strings
hi, i'm looking for a way to retrieve the localized string versions of "Turn Off Computer", "Hibernate", "Restart" and so on. Any ideas? Peter ...

Sending problem #3
For the last few days, I'll be working online, press Send on an e-mail, and it just sits in the Outbox. Opening the e-mail from the Outbox and pressing Send yields the same result. Pressing Send and Receive on the toolbar has become the only way to send e-mail. I still have "Send immediately when connected" selected in my Options. I ran a virus scan with no results. These e-mails don't have large attachments or anything else unusual. Any ideas? Thanks, Ben ...

Crytal reports error in 1.0
Hi, I installed CRM 1.0 on a new server (W2K Enterprise) and I get the following error when trying to access a sales report. Any ideas??? File Repository Server Input is down. [On Cache/Page Server: SHEFFIELD.pageserver] I can confirm that Crystal Input File Repository service (along with all other Crystal services) is running. I could find no reference to this error in PartnerSource. Thanks, Lindsay. ...

Send As permission #3
I am trying to grant a user Send As permission. I enable Advanced view, go to the Users object that I want to grant access to, go to the security tab, click advanced, and click Add, but I do not see Send As permission there. I can grant full mailbox access, but the grantee still shows "Sendt on Behalf Of" in the e-mail when they send for that user. What did I miss? Never mind....you have to do it on the domain controller, not from an exchange server.... "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message news:e3MFRAbUFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....

IIS/DNS Requirements for CRM 3.0 SBE?
I read my previous posting and throught rewording might make it easier to understand my question. The SBS 2003 server I am installing CRM onto has 3 IP addresses bound to it. 192.168.200.1-3 I am trying to install CRM using the .3 address and applying a specific host URL to it. For instance the .1 address is server.domain.local, the .2 address is app.domain.local, and I would like to use .3 as crm.domain.local. <A Records> for each host have been entered in DNS. The configuration wizard that appears after the initial install defaults to http://192.168.1.3:80 on the final screen ...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

Graphic depiction of an "either-or" (0 or 1) indicator
In a Balanced Scorecard we use several indicators that are in a binomial or either/or form: complete or incomplete; on-time or behind, etc. We use charts in Excel to display other forms of indicators but are having trouble coming up with a good graphic way of displaying this kind of data. Any ideas? Why not use conditional formatting to color the cells to an appropriate color based on the indicator? Access Conditional formatting using FORMAT -> Conditional Formatting. "stevewoodall" wrote: > In a Balanced Scorecard we use several indicators that are in a binomial or ...

Attn: M02,3,4 users who use Passport/WinLiveID
You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020. You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time. (File|Password Manager). There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a date certain. Does this also means backup files taken from M02,3,4 will be inaccessible, even if they are opened with a current version of Money? Although if you have to go back four, five or six years you probably have bigger issues. But I have at times opened older backup files, even five...

Blocked senders list #3
When I add senders to my blocked senders list, the next time I open Outlook, there is nothing in my blocked senders list. I have went into my registry under Current Users/Identities/Outlook Express/Rules and deleted the Rules folder with the understanding that it will be rebuilt. This however hasn't fixed the Blocked senders list. Is there something else I need to do? I'm a novice on my computer. Any help would be welcome! Thanks Kris ...

Junk E-mail Filter #3
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. When I use Outlook 2003, go to tools, then options, then Junk E-Mail, I get a message that says "The Junk E-mail Filter is not available for your Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account because you are working online. To enable the junk email filter for this account , switch to cached exchange mode." But is this true? It seems not - because I am getting Junk email in my Junk E-Mail folder courtesy of IMF. So what is this message telling me? And therefore, how do I go about getting the white & black lists going for individuals if...

Deferred Revenue #3
We have a client that needs to enter GL Deferred transactions in different currencies. I know standard GP Deferral Module doesn't allow this. Does anyone know of any 3rd party apps that allows for this type of transaction? Ed ...