Local Data Group - Outlook Contacts vs Offline Contacts

I'm familiar with creating Local Data Groups in Outlook.

With the Offline client, a Local Data Group is automatically created to sync
the owners contacts with the offline database.

The problem is that when the user clicks the Contacts chekbox from Outlook |
CRM | Options | Synchronization Tab
it uses the same Local Data Group that is used for the Offline database.

The problem is that I want ALL the contacts for all the accounts that I'm
the owner for in my offline database.  I do NOT want all those contacts im my
Outlook contacts as there can be tens of thousands of contacts. In one case
the volume caused a user to exceed his allotted storage in Outlook.

Is there a way to have all the contacts populate the offline version and
create a separate Local Data Group that is for the Outlook contacts only on
the same PC?

0
Domenic (4)
5/7/2010 4:28:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On May 8, 2:28=A0am, Domenic <Dome...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm familiar with creating Local Data Groups in Outlook.
>
> With the Offline client, a Local Data Group is automatically created to s=
ync
> the owners contacts with the offline database.
>
> The problem is that when the user clicks the Contacts chekbox from Outloo=
k |
> CRM | Options | Synchronization Tab
> it uses the same Local Data Group that is used for the Offline database.
>
> The problem is that I want ALL the contacts for all the accounts that I'm
> the owner for in my offline database. =A0I do NOT want all those contacts=
 im my
> Outlook contacts as there can be tens of thousands of contacts. In one ca=
se
> the volume caused a user to exceed his allotted storage in Outlook.
>
> Is there a way to have all the contacts populate the offline version and
> create a separate Local Data Group that is for the Outlook contacts only =
on
> the same PC?

The only option I can think of is to create a secondary Outlook
contact folder and copy across the contacts you are interested in and
ignore the primary.

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
or hear me tweet @leontribe
0
leon.tribe (293)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

contact list #13