List view customization

Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available in
the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through the
toolkit?

thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can you explain further

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available
in
> the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through
the
> toolkit?
>
> thanks

0
John
3/29/2005 9:27:03 PM
you can create custom views, put what fields you want in there & have some
filter criteria etc.. from customisation --> contact --> create new view

"JM" wrote:

> Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available in
> the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through the
> toolkit?
>
> thanks
Thanks for the response. To be more specific. Some list views or forms don't
appear as choices for modification in the canned crm form customization tool.
Is there a way to make a form or list view (Order Product list view) appear
as a choice to modify in crm? Is there a trigger associated with a form that
grants access to be able to customize?

Thanks again

"HT" wrote:

> you can create custom views, put what fields you want in there & have some
> filter criteria etc.. from customisation --> contact --> create new view
>
> "JM" wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available in
> > the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through the
> > toolkit?
> >
> > thanks
Thanks for the response john. I'm trying to modify the Order Product list
view associated with the order form. When I navigate to the Order Product
form in the crm form customization area the form doesn't appear as a choice
to modify. My question is, is there a way to get the list view I need to
modify to appear for modification? Is there some place where I can grant
access to modify this form?

Thanks

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> Can you explain further
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>

> "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available
> in
> > the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through
> the
> > toolkit?
> >
> > thanks

JM,
Should be no problem.  There is a well-known hack that allows you to
modify any CRM view.

1) Open SQL Enterprise Manager and enter this query against your MSCRM
DB:

select top 10 * from savedquerybase where name like '%order%'

2) You'll see the Order Product Associated View (Existing) - copy the
SavedQueryID GUID in that row.

3) Using the CRM Customization tool, double click on any view (My
Accounts; it truly doesn't matter).
4) Hold down the CTRL key and hit the N key.  CTRL/N will give you the
address bar
5) Replace the GUID with the GUID you just copied.  In the URL, it says
?id={GUID}.  Just select the stuff inside the brackets, and hit CTRL/V
to paste your Order GUID in.
6) Your Order Product Associated View will appear.  Modify as usual,
Save.

Voila, you have a custom Order Product view...  No IISRESET, it's just
there... It's a wonderful thing...  Kudos to whoever first posted this
solution, I've used it everywhere.

Good luck,
Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

Introducing our newest software product...
VAST - an auditing solution for Microsoft CRM 1.2
VAST shows you "Who Did What When" in Microsoft CRM
To download our free trial, get more info, or to order, visit
http://www.VSCRM.com

0
Dave
3/30/2005 6:11:12 PM
On 30 Mar 2005 10:11:12 -0800, "Dave Carr (dave- no spam-@vscrm.com"
<dave@vscrm.com> wrote:

>JM,
>Should be no problem.  There is a well-known hack that allows you to
>modify any CRM view.
>
>1) Open SQL Enterprise Manager and enter this query against your MSCRM
>DB:
>
>select top 10 * from savedquerybase where name like '%order%'
>
>2) You'll see the Order Product Associated View (Existing) - copy the
>SavedQueryID GUID in that row.
>
>3) Using the CRM Customization tool, double click on any view (My
>Accounts; it truly doesn't matter).
>4) Hold down the CTRL key and hit the N key.  CTRL/N will give you the
>address bar
>5) Replace the GUID with the GUID you just copied.  In the URL, it says
>?id={GUID}.  Just select the stuff inside the brackets, and hit CTRL/V
>to paste your Order GUID in.
>6) Your Order Product Associated View will appear.  Modify as usual,
>Save.

Dave

Last time I modified the Order Product Associated views I broke the
filrer that separated out the Exsiting and Write In records so that I
got both Existing and Write In on both views.

So I would be very careful with using this approach with these
particluar views

>Voila, you have a custom Order Product view...  No IISRESET, it's just
>there... It's a wonderful thing...  Kudos to whoever first posted this
>solution, I've used it everywhere.
>
>Good luck,
>Dave

>David L. Carr, President
>Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
>Main #: 971-327-6944
>
>Introducing our newest software product...
>VAST - an auditing solution for Microsoft CRM 1.2
>VAST shows you "Who Did What When" in Microsoft CRM
>To download our free trial, get more info, or to order, visit
>http://www.VSCRM.com

0
Julian

Collapsed list view report control
I'm try to set up an EXCEL like window, which apparently one can do with a REPORT control. I actually get it work, but all the columns are scrunched to the left when the window comes up, forcing the user to move the partions. I'm using Visual C++ 7.0. Here' the code. Thanks, Ihor P.S. Is there an easier way of inserting a line of data?? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CRect rect(16 ,60,450 ,250); m_pendlistctrl.Create(WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|LVS_REPORT,rect, this,IDD_WIRE_DIALOG); //m_pendlistctrl is a CListCtrl m_...

Income in Payee List?
Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks -- Lori In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote: >Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my >Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks It's up to you. If you want to rename or move those "payees" to something more meaningful to you, there are buttons to make those choices. Just select the odd payee, and choose Rename, Move or Delete. Move or Delete will let you combine payees. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by...

News button is missing from customize toolbars
I tried to add the News button to allow the newsgroup reader function. It was there at first. I followed the instruction that said it was hidden, and I had to move it from the Customize Toolbar menu. I went under the Go section, and found News. I moved it to the Go section of my file menu, and it was there. I opened the newsgroup reader, and started to create a usenet account. I was missing some info for my account, so I canceled out and closed the newsgroup reader and Outlook. Now when I open Outlook, the News button that I put under the Go File menu is gone, and it isn't...

List Validation
I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a form that I have saved in another workbook. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html note that the other workbook needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Renee" <...

Table requires Custom Linking to Excel
I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns. Each row represents one order for a meal package. One of the columns indicates one of three baked pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin). Another column indicates whether or not the order has been paid or unpaid. Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into an Excel worksheet? Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as money due? Thanks...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

How do I create a bulleted list text format inside cell?
I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would like to make a bulleted list. There are several cells that need this formatting. Is this possible? There is no help for this. You have to do it manually. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "DEH" <DEH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFAEE5CC-0AAD-41D7-9DE1-396187DA2681@microsoft.com... > I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my > title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

Outlook viewing attachments
When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text together as they should be, when going directly to att.net. Also, same on iphone. On Outlook, however, the pics show up as attachments and each must be opened separately. I am sure there is a setting to make them show in the main body of the message. Can you help me? "kenh" <kenh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C81693E-C419-4B81-A398-F34C78E36DF4@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text > together as they sho...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Saving customized toolbars?
Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot and Excel's Excel.xlb) that holds Publisher's toolbars? I have Publisher 2000. Tx. There isn't a customized toolbar menu for Publisher 2000. There are a few options, but nothing important enough to backup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message news:45akl1lh36qjejkk01st55sb709qtn5inn@4ax.com... > Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot an...

list.remove() crash.
Hi: I have a short code below which polulats a list with 3 strings and then try to remove them by calling list.remove(). but the program crashes at the 2nd run in the loop (as marked below). Could you see anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your input. Polaris ------------------------------------------------------------- #include <list> typedef std::list <char*>::iterator LI; int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { char* array[] = { { "Test1" }, { "Test2" }, { "Test3" } }; ...

Intercompany AP Edit List
I entered an Intercompany AP invoice. I distributed as follows: Originating Company AP $300 Originating Company Expense $150 Destination Company Expense $150 When I print the Payables Transaction Edit List, it shows a completely different account for the Destination Company entry. It is an account in my Originating Company that has nothing to do with the invoice or the vendor. But when I post it, the General Ledger posting journal looks good. Can someone please let me know if this is a known flaw in GP 9.0 or have I set something up wrong? Thanks for any help! ...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

Customer Credit Limits
Is there a way to turn off the credit limit warning or give customers an unlimited credit limit. We do not use RMS for AR as that is handled in Great Plains at the home office. -- Doug Langley Dear Doug, the only way you can do so is that either make the credit limit to $99,999,999,999,999.00 or make one database trigger on insert/update of customer info to update automatically his credit limits, the trigger facility give you more control not to worry if you get forget, do u know how to write it if not let me know. Comment me. "DLangley" wrote: > Is there a way to tur...

Rounding up price lists
Can you round to the nearest Dollar? Yes, if the Price Method is one that caculates the selling price (such as % of List, markup from list, etc). Click on Options, select the Round Option and set to multiple of and enter 1.00 in the Round Amount field. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can you round to the nearest Dollar? ...

GP2010
What are the options for a Requisition Management solution for new GP BRL Adv Mgmt customers? It is my understanding that the Req Mgmt module has been taken off the GP BRL AM price list. Thanks, John ...

Data List #2
In relation to an earlier question, I am looking for a way of creatin box which displays the contents of a list, which when clicked on can b copied to a current cell, but other items added to this list. For example, in one spreadsheet a list of; John Paul Peter In another spreadsheet, a view of this, so that the values can easil be copied over, but also the abaility to add another name. Something like.. [Players] | John | | Paul | | Peter | ... [ADD NEW] Any ideas? Many thanks, Mic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mich Lookup data validation. It is very straigh...

Custom Crystal report Print problem
Hi, I have some problem to print my custom crystal report. In first, I have an AD 2003 and my CRM server is on windows 2003 Server When i created my report, i have check the database location is SSO Thanks for your help Oops I'm tired, i need to go in holydays ;-) My problem When i have a custom report with parameter field, i am asked about parameters again!! if you have a solution thanks "Nicolas DUPONT" <ndupont@lmc.tm.fr> a �crit dans le message de news: 435893e9$0$7526$626a14ce@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > I have some problem to print my custom ...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr�m Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

Outlook Calendar views problem
Hey all... going to describe this to the best of my ability... but its one of those 'a picture would be worth a 1000 words' deals. Outlook Calendar views. We have a calendar shared among our entire company. In that Calendar we wish to create a timeline view availbale to anyone with permissions to view the calendar. We have created this view called 'timeline' and it appears that it is available to users of that folder. Sort of. Its there, but in teh outlook calendar / shared calendar / views pane, the view will ONLY show up when the calendars are in a timeline state as oppose...

View equations created in Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone el...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

add to existing distribution list
Trying to add to an existing distribution list; (from MS Access to Outlook 2003) ; code below can add, but always creates new DL (see below); skipping through Access records into general top level contacts was easy, DL work has been very frustrating. Code below works (it adds to a list) but it needs to refer to a known list. How do I do this successfully ? I've played with : objDistList = myFolder.Items.Add(Outlook.OlItemType.olDistributionListItem) in other code but get "object variable not set" even though I can see it has been ! Dim objOutlook ...