Limiting Number of Records per User

Just wondering if there is a way to limit the number of records a user can
take ownership of. For example....leads. A salesperson can only have x
amount of leads assigned to them at a given time.

Thanks!

0
UTEKIS
9/14/2006 5:59:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_36201CDB

Hi and thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is not a way to limit a user's record ownership.  Just
to be sure I checked with the SDK team and they don't have a way to do that
either.  But I would like to encourage you to make a product suggestion
along these lines.

We are very interested in your thoughts and opinions for improvements that
we can make to provide the features and functionality you and your
customers would like to see.

To provide your feedback directly to the product groups:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/productsuggestion

Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,
Mike

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We
look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_36201CDB

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi and thank you for your post.
\par
\par Unfortunately there is not a way to limit a user's record ownership.  Just to be sure I checked with the SDK team and they don't have a way to do that either.  But I would like to encourage you to make a product suggestion along these lines.
\par
\par We are very interested in your thoughts and opinions for improvements that we can make to provide the features and functionality you and your customers would like to see.
\par
\par To provide your feedback directly to the product groups:
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/productsuggestion
\par
\par Thank you for your patience!
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_36201CDB--

0
mchristl

Sequential Numbering in Word 2003 and Recycling unused numbers
Once again, I am stuck in Macro world which is quickly consuming me :) It is though, quite addictive and I am determined to win the fight I'm having with my PC. I work for a company which uses network servers so the document needs to be accessed by different people but not necessarily at the same time. We operate Windows XP Word 2003. I am trying to create a document that will open with a sequential number, but if the document is not used or opened accidentally then the number it has generated needs to be recycled for auditing purposes. I seem to be able to get the number t...

Case numbering 01-26-04
I have found the auto numbering in 1.2, but it only lets me change the prefix for the cases "CAS". I need to start my numbering at 3500 instead of 1000. Is there a way to change the starting number? Thanks, Stefanie ...

wish to add a disclaimer (like any software install) as per macro.
Can anyone help? Where? A splash screen? A menu item? or ... ? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "kiwimark" <kiwimark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64A8C886-9F23-4BCA-94A5-1BC7A04C91DC@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? You can display a msgbox when the user opens the workbook. Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "Disclaimer..." End Sub --- Press ALT+F11, click on the "ThisWorkbook" module, and paste in the code. Save and close. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

PC-Charge user name.
How can I sync. Usernames "user1" at PC-Charge and register #1 at RMS. I can't charge the default user name "user1" at PC- Charge. Call verifone tech support and tell them you are setting up PC-Charge with RMS. They will issue you a complimentary additional user that you can call "1". You can find the number on the verifone web site.. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that al...

1 Computer multiple outlook users
Would like to use outlook for myself, wife, and kids. How can I setup each of us on a single home pc (office 2002 with windows xp)? We all of course will share the same ISP access with unique email accounts from this service. Your help is appreciated. Guy Set up a User for each person and you will automatically get a different instance of Outlook for each User. "Guy Huus" <ghuus@nemontel.net> wrote in message news:0ae901c3a868$3891a4c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to use outlook for myself, wife, and kids. > How can I setup each of us on a single home pc (...

User logon name: President #2
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

Attachment guideline or limit for lists
Can anyone tell me the guideline or limit that Microsoft recommends for attachments to a list iitem. I know there is a 2,000 guideline for number of items in a list. Is there any documentation from Microsoft that shows how adding attachments to lists degrades performance for viewing and searching in SharePoint? Thanks for any help on this. One slight correction... it's 2000 items in a view, not a list. You can have thousands of items in the list. Just try and keep your views to less than 2000. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine...

File Modified by Another User #2
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

How to you selectively sum on a series of numbers?
I have a column filled with numbers, but I only want to sum up a few of them. Let's say I have numbers filling A1:A10. Let's say I only want to sum up the numbers located is A3 and A4. I'd like to ability to enter something in the b column (e.g. "y" in cells b3 and b4) and have a formula that adds up the values in the "A" cells that have a corresponding "y" in the "B" column. This formula would allow me to selectively choose which cells needs to be summed. What is the best/cleanest way to write that formula? Thank you. =SUMPRODUC...

Support of multiple users in Outlook?
Hi, Palm convert here with a question. In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm devices and each maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop. How do we do that in Outlook? Thanks, John "John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2bnY$0DGHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Palm convert here with a question. > > In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. > from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm ...

characters in 1 col, 1 per row
Hi all, I want to transform the text of a worddocument to Excel in a special way. In my case text is just a number of words in a number of lines (nothing special about headers, footers etc.), so something comparable with this post. I want in Excel the first charachter of the text in A1, the second in A2 and so on. This email document would result in: H i a l l , I w a n t etc. I can't figure out how to do this, your help wil be appreciated. Jack Sons The Netherlands ...

Do Option Groups Offer an OTHER Option that Users Can Add Themselves?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 on a novice level. I have a question about option groups. I'd like to know if it's possible to create a set of radio buttons, check boxes, and/or drop-down lists, with an OTHER option that lets the user enter a new value. I know that's possible with Filemaker Pro. If you enable the OTHER option, a popup window appears that lets you add a new item to the list. I'm not sure if that applies only to drop-down lists, but it has come in handy at times. Can it be done with Access? If so, what are the rudimentary steps to accomplishing this? Tha...

How do I reduce the number of data points I have??
Hi , I have some 10000 data points from which I need to reduce to something like 100 points before making an xy chart. Typically I would like to make a chart of every 10th point. So basically I need to reduce the length of my two rows. Is there any way I can do this easily?? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- swapan From the Microsoft Charting FAQ: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ssan...

Use Outlook Client when domain user name different with email acco
Hello, I have a question about using Outlook Client. If the domain user login name is different with email account which belong to a same person, is it possible to install / login with the Outlook client? e.g domain user : degdom\apple email account: applewatson@deg.com One of my client is facing in this situation. I just want to have some preparation before install Outlook Client for him. Thanks for any help! Hi Huimc, It shouldn't be a problem if the AD user is the same used to start Outlook and connect to CRM. You may want to check the email adress in CRM if the ema...

All i want is a 'User unknown'
Hello people, i'm pulling my hair out here. Situation: I need to change a setting on a Exchange 2000 server so that it gives a "550 User unknown" if that whould be the case. The (in my case) problem with exchange 2000 is that even though the user doesn't exists, it still accepts the message (to bounce it later on) This is what i want #### 220 mail.dmrt.net ESMTP Postfix --Don't make us annoy you-- 250 mail.dmrt.net mail from: me@mywork.org 250 Ok rcpt to: i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net 550 <i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net>: User unknown in local recipient table This is what ...

copy a file to all users via a script instead of manually
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! "Rich" <richjone@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:5E68A580-FA4D-4B73-A548-0ED9D74AF34C@microsoft.com... > I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside...

Limit selected area
After a sequence of operations I finish up with the desired result within a new spreadsheet. I wish to save this as a file. But the whole spreadsheet seems to be selected. How do I limit the area selected to just the part of the spreadsheet in use, before I perform the Save As operation? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian That is how Excel saves. The entire workbook is saved. If you want a selected area of one worksheet or just one worksheet of many, you would copy that to a new blank workbook and save that workbook using the Save As. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:44:55 +1200, &qu...

Automatic number fill-in on Labels
Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D380870-FF28-4227-B724-301AC3EC9A8D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on > Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 ...

converting from text to numerical number
I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: 1 2 3 .... 31 row 1 row 2 row 3 Jan row 4 row 5 Feb row x Dec I would like to replace column 1 up to Jan to 1. Replace the cell below Jan to Feb to 2. etc. Would anyone help. Thanks in advance. You could select cells A1:A3, type a 1, then press Ctrl+Enter Select A4:A5, type a 2, and press Ctrl+Enter And so on, till all twelve months are done. james wrote: > I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: > > 1 2 3 .... 31 &...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Problems for offline users
Hi all We have a number of offline users that have recently started getting a message stating that "Once the names have been checked and underlined, click OK." which appears on a dialog box with the server name and mailbox name. The message appears every time the server attempts to connect. We are running Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003. Online user don't appear to be affected. Thanks Gary Have you tried deleting and re-creating the profile? When you say offline users do you mean cached Exchange mode ala Outlook 2003? Are these users on...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not? I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID. They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab through all the fields and get the duplicate record error. Then they press Esc and do a search on that vendorID to pull up the existing record to update. VendorID format is similar to this A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor FEIN, State abbrev.) I want to automate this. when they enter the VendorID, I want it to s...

Converting a number to Hour & Min format
I am attempting to take a basic number, say 2000, and convert the number into an hour and minute format (i.e. 33:33) only. Everytime I use the custom format tab or the time/date tab I get a date included or an AM/PM setting. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, For any number to be converted into time format you need to divide tha number by 24, since Excel time code is 24 (hr) code. then you forma the divided answer (83.33) into time, you will get 8:00 regards sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm In article <...