Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group

IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM
application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the
security group assignment manually.
Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that?

Thanks
Kyaw

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Kyaw,

I did it the following way for a customer:

1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no
need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the
naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft
for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assign those
groups any permissions to a ressource. Also, there is no need to grant the
ServiceAccount controle over this groups.

2) Ask your AD Admin to add the domain account (SVC ServiceAccount) which
you will use to run the installation to the following groups (see Example).
Ask your AD Admin to add the AD computer object from the Application Server
(CRM Role) to the following groups (see Example).

Expl:

 Type: 'Domain local Security'

 UserGroup (SVC, USR)
 ReportingGroup (SVC, USR)
 PrivReportingGroup (SVC)
 Priv UserGroup (CRM Role)
 SQLAccessGroup (CRM Role)

3) create a 'Server XML Configuration File' for the installation and run the
setup

Expl.

<CRMSetup>
<Server>
<Groups AutoGroupManagementOff="true">
<PrivUserGroup>CN=PrivUserGroup,OU=MSCRMPilot,DC=yourDomain,DC=com</PrivUserGroup>
<SQLAccessGroup>CN=SQLAccessGroup,OU=MSCRMPilot,DC=yourDomain,DC=com</SQLAccessGroup>
<UserGroup>CN=UserGroup,OU=MSCRMPilot,DC=yourDomain,DC=com</UserGroup>
<ReportingGroup>CN=ReportingGroup,OU=MSCRMPilot,DC=yourDomain,DC=com</ReportingGroup>
<PrivReportingGroup>CN=PrivReportingGroup,OU=MSCRMPilot,DC=yourDomain,DC=com</PrivReportingGroup>
</Groups>
</Server>
</CRMSetup>

Expl.

 ServerSetup.exe /config yourConfig.xml

4) Now, whenever you want to add new user to the MSCRM, those users (USR)
have to be added first to the UserGroup and Reporting Group. You could also
nest another group instead of adding each user manual.  When this is done,
you can create this users within MSCRM.

Your AD Admin has the full controle over these groups. Which is want he
wants to keep :-)

More Details here ->
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&DisplayLang=en

Thanks
Regards
..ingo.

"Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:

> IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM
> application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the
> security group assignment manually.
> Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that?
>
> Thanks
> Kyaw

0
Ingo (2)
6/24/2008 5:31:01 PM
Thanks very much Ingo, appreciate your help!

Regards,
Kyaw

"Ingo" <Ingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> have to be added first to the UserGroup and Reporting Group. You could
> also
> nest another group instead of adding each user manual.  When this is done,
> you can create this users within MSCRM.
>
> Your AD Admin has the full controle over these groups. Which is want he
> wants to keep :-)
>
> More Details here ->
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&DisplayLang=en
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> .ingo.
>

> "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:
>

>> IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM
>> application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the
>> security group assignment manually.
>> Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that?

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Override Limit
Customer credit limit override approval workflow Hello all, Just wondering if/where we can have the override credit limit just in effect on either the Order or Invoice and not both. TY No, the concept is that when you clear a credit hold on an order the customer must have paid their bill our you increased their credit, which would allow it to move forward as an invoice, unless, of course, they over charged and under paid again. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Topic- Implementation Methodology covered in CRM Exam!
Hi Next week I am apearing for Exam "CRM Instalation & confirguration". I am in doubt that cheptor "Implementation Methodology" is covered in Exam? I can not found above topic it in following course note! https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/trainin g/Certifications/exampreparation/MBS_CRM_Install_prep.htm#T opics Your answer will help me to Read above Topic for Exam point of View or note? Best regards Kesh Patel Kesh. I passed the "Installation & Configuration" (MS-03-010) exam yesterday. The "implementation methodology&q...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

MS CRM Security 05-26-04
Hi, I have 2 business units: 1. New Business Sales 2. Account Management (management of current customers) I want to use the MS CRM security settings so that users in New Business Sales cannot see any account records for our current customers. This includes if the New Business Sales users select the &#8216;All Accounts&#8217; view. Is this possible with MS CRM? Yes. When you assign access rights to the role, only give them "Business Unit" access, they will only be able to see data within their BU. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ------------------...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...