Limit Accounts displayed to just customers while in Service Activi

What's the easiest way to limit the Accounts that are displayed in the Form
Assistant to actual customers when I create a new Service Activity?

I've set the "Relationship Type" within the Account record.

I'm assuming I could do an OnLoad trick to filter the Account based on
"Relationship Type = Customer" right?

Any pointers??
0
ChrisEakin (13)
4/16/2009 2:24:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Customize Outlook today does not work #5
I have read the replies about if MS update 813489 is install customize outlook today does not work. What if you do NOT have MS update 813489 install and it still does not work then what? Here is a good one for you. If you update to Office 2003 then it works. But if you install (not update) Office 2003 you can open customize outlook today, but you can not make or save any changes. Error "an activeX control on this page might be unsafe to.... I am having the same problem. Only update 813489 has not been loaded on my computer, because it is not relevant to my system. However, I did ...

XmlTextReader URL Limitation???
I am feeding XmlTextReader a URL that returns the XML that then gets parsed. The URL forms a query that affects how much data is returned in XML but not the format of the data. The problem is that when the URL string exceeds about 163 characters (strange number) XmlTextReader seems to choke on it and it doesn't seem like any XML is actually being returned and the code throws an exception on reading the first element. Shorter URL strings seem to work fine. Strings longer than ~163 chars work fine when pasted into a browser, so the server is returning good XML. Sorry for the long post......

Failed to customize the dialog box of toolbar
I cannot fill the left-hand list box of toolbar's dialog box,and if I delete one button in toolbar,I lost it. Below is my code: [code] #include <windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include "resource.h" #define ID_TOOLBAR 20001 static char *szAppName = "Study Toolbar" ; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) ; TBBUTTON tbButtons[] = { {STD_FILENEW, IDM_FILE_NEW, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON | BTNS_SHOWTEXT, 0, 0}, // 1 {STD_FILEOPEN, IDM_FILE_OPEN, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0, 0}, // 2 {STD_FILESAVE, IDM_FILE_SAVE, TBSTATE...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a con.
How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart? I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values. How I can do that without having to make complete data series? Judy, Jon Peltier has just updated his site to include a Run chart that you could revise to be a control chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html Jon also has an example of a dynamic control chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Judy" wrote: > How do I easily draw in ...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...

Cannot stop using online services with First Tech Credit Union
My bank, First Tech Credit Union, recently upgraded their online banking services. This upgrade also included a change to the user name and password used for online banking in Money 2006. Their upgrade instructions (http://www.firsttechcu.com/help/help_guide_money.html) say to disable online services for your Money file as the third step to upgrading to the new services. The problem is that when I click on Stop Using Online Services in Money nothing happens. I click on OK and Money hangs for a bit then comes back with no change, clicking on OK again has the same effect, clicking on ...

Service Pack Installation Issues with GP 9.00.0247.0 on Windows Vi
Greetings, I have installed Great Plains v9.00.0114.0 on Windows Vista. I ran the installation package MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB923671-v9-ENU, but receive the following messages with result of a failed installation of the Service Pack. Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 10/8/2007 11:50:13 AM Event ID: 11729 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: ABR\administrator Computer: AD088.abr Description: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 -- Configuration failed. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Integration Manager
Using Integration manager i am able to insert fixed allocation accounts for general ledger. However, if i have to make changes to these accounts, say if i want to change percentages and then update the old percentages with the new ones, the updates fail when i use Integration Manager. Error Message displayed - xxxx-xx-xxxx distribution account already exist. Can anybody tell me why is the updates fail and how to overcome it? And please note that integration is set in "INSERT & UPDATE" mode. Doc, Integration Manager does not update transactions. That drop down option should ...

Cannot get my CImageList to display images?
Ok i am successfully diplaying images in my tree controls but not my list controls. I am using the following but not image is being displayed??? int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_TEXT,0,"hello", 0,0,7,0L); Where 7 is a valid index into my image list! Please help? That really doesn't help much. Since you got the tree control working I'm assuming that you are calling the list control's SetImageIist. Also for debugging purposes call GetImageCount on your image list to see how many images it loaded. Let me also point out that you can call this ...

owa logout show the page cannot be display
The event 36 was triggered when Outlook Web Access (2003) users clicked the "Log Off" shortcut. The OWA user would receive the following message when logging off: "The page cannot be displayed. I try to search on google, some of newsgroup report follow microsoft article Q318239 can fix the issue. but this article can not found on support.microsoft.com. anyone have experience about event 36 OWA logout issue. Please help ...

Sheet display vrs. Print Preview
Why would a sheet display differently than when it is printed. I have an excel file that looks like it prints on my bosses computer but on my pc the page breaks are different the word warps are different. This makes it difficult to work with because it will not print the same on my pc and his. We are both using Excel 2003. Thanks for helping. This could have a great deal to do with the printer drivers. Are you printing to the same printer? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Byron" <Byron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

is there a way of using a second monitor as a customer display
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_018F_01C86B1D.3EAD2F60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Does anyone know if rms works with 2 monitors. What I mean can you use a second monitor as customer display or something similar. A lot of pos systems out there use a second monitor as customer display, I m not sure if rms supports that option or not but any help would be appreciated. thanks ------=_NextPart_000_018F_01C86B1D.3EAD2F60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-...

Refresh Display
Hi, From a MRMS COM add-in, how could I force a display refresh or only a transaction item refresh? I'm changing the PurchasedQuantity from a COM Add-in, the change only shows after I do a manual intervention on the POS current transaction. Jerome qsBridge.FireEvent ("RefreshDisplay") Description Refresh the POS Display. This is used when an item has been directly added to the current QSRules transaction. Parameters None Return Value True if the command was suc...

Services error
I cannot start about 3 service on my exchange server5.5 and it gives this error when trying to start the information store - 'The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 4294966767' have any body experienced this and what can i do? Please see the following article: 246272 XADM: Service Specific Error 4294966767 Appears, Information Store Stops http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246272 -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

vba to prevent display of default series in doughnut chart
I am generating a doughnut chart using VBA and am having two immediat issues: 1) I am using the following line to ensure that the default chart tha is generated when I invoke the Charts.Add method is a doughnut chart: Application.SetDefaultChart FormatName:=xlDoughnut Is there a more elegant approach to ensuring that any chart create ends up being a doughnut chart, maybe when invoking the Charts.Ad method? I have tried to specify ChartType = xlDoughnut after th Charts.Add method but this does not do the trick every time (see cod snippet below). 2) When the doughnut chart is added (immediat...

restore accounts
A user accidently deleted some accounts. What's the easiest way to get them back? I have the backup of all the databases. Please indicate. Thanks. Hello Jun, there is no way to restore the accounts except restoring a backup of your crm-database. For the future you should forbid deleting in the security role...then the users only can deactivate the accounts (thats the recommended way, instead of delete). Mario > A user accidently deleted some accounts. What's the easiest way to get > them back? I have the backup of all the databases. Please indicate. > Thanks. > ...

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks!
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R5...

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

Great Plains Web Service Error
I am using the Dynamics GP Web services and receive the following error when calling GetSalesOrderByKey(salesDocumentKey, context), String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction? The sales orders are created in GP. 1) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException Message: There is an error in XML document (1, 2572). TargetSite: System.Object Deserialize(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlDeserializationEvents) HelpLink: NULL Source: System.Xm...

Custom Report in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have a custom report built up using SSRS. My report project has two rdl files. First Report has some fields with links, on clicking any of the filed will show the details of the field in the second report. When I try to upload the report in CRM 3.0, I find only one RDL file can be uploaded. how do I upload both the files in crm?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik You should able to upload both reports to CRM, when you try to upload the second report, what is the error? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 10:28=A0am, K...