License Question

I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM client, but does a user need a Sales License to use CRM Sales For Outlook?  Or will just a standard license do?  Anybody know?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

From what I have read in the IG the license you pruchase for
the Sales (or Customer Service) module will entitle you to use
both the web browser interface and/or the Outlook client
interface with no additional cost.

Panayiotis

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:10 -0700, Heather Bain

>I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM client, but does a user need a Sales License to use CRM Sales For Outlook?  Or will just a standard license do?  Anybody know?

0
Panayiotis
4/15/2004 6:34:44 PM
You license CRM for either Sales, Service or Both (Suite).  Then, you also
choose within that, either the Standar or Professional license.  The SFO is
included in the Sales or Suite licenses.

Matt Parks

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:10 -0700, Heather Bain

I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM client, but
does a user need a Sales License to use CRM Sales For Outlook?  Or will just a
standard license do?  Anybody know?

0
Matt

Combined IF Statement Question
I'm trying to get a formula that if any one of the cells in A3:A9 are "No" then add the corresponding B3:B9, if "Yes" then don't add. I have six differenting connecting sum areas that all need to be combined in one formula. How can I do this? -- JustLearning =SUMIF(A3:A9,"No",B3:B39) -- David Biddulph "Cindi" <Cindi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7FDD15D-C14C-4E27-85A9-2E7AC14E2AA2@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a formula that if any one of the cells in A3:A9 are "No" > then...

2 Questions #3
What are some -strategies- to testing formulas? :confused: Please describe the steps to creating a chart. :confused: Thank you! :cool -- shein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sheiny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26857 Hi Sheiny If you want to know the correct way to create a chart - these are the steps. Enter ytour data into the cells. Select the data and then click on the Chart Wizard on the Standard Toolbar - (the one w...

Have reached 10 license migration..... how can i reset this
over the years i have reloaded my pc a few times....... but now recently... i have had to download migration key to play my music each time i reload..... Now i have upgraded to Windows Vista, with Media player version 11.0.6002.18111... i have no idea what to do. have tried again and agian to acquire licenses but Microsoft website insists that i have downloaded 10 or more times... this cannot be the case i assure you..... please assist, anybody............ You the user aren't designed to be able to directly bypass that. You would need to contact the license provider to ge...

VLOOKUP Formula Question
I've got data from two different spreadsheets, but need the product cos from Data Range A to put next to the sales price of Data Range B. Data Range A Model Number Product Cost A 0.10 B 0.20 C 0.30 Data Range B Model Number Size Sales Price A 8x10 $1.00 B 5x7 $2.00 C 4x6 $3.00 What formula do I use if I want to get the SALES PRICE from Range B an put it right next to the Product Cost -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try using the following using your proper filenam...

Question about accelerator keys
Hi all of you, When I assign an accelerator key to a button name "Show options" an assign the accelerator key as 'o', the 'o' in 'Show' is underlined. I there anyway to tell VBA that I want the 'o' in 'options' underlined? In this particular case, maybe I can make o in options, a capita letter and get away with it but in general can we select the nt occurence of the letter to be underlined? Thanks. Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! AFAIK Excel selects the first occurrence of the chosen symbol. Al -- Message poste...

question on multiple email domains
what options do I have to accomplish the following: hosting email for 2 email domains on same exchange 2003 server (domainA and domainB). DomainA and domainB represent different divisions of one company but many users will be doing work for both divisions and therefore need to have the 2 email addresses. Here is the critical part: when email sent to say, rsmith@domainA is recevied by rsmith and rsmith replies, it must come 'from' rsmith@domainA, and when email is sent to rsmith@domainB and rsmith replies it must come 'from' rsmith@domainB. This is because it is the same ...

Two "getting started" questions from a newcomer.
Two questions 1. When I open Outlook, it doesn't automatically bring up my dialer to access my mail, as does Outlook Express. In other words, whenever I click on my Express shortcut, my dialer appears, permitting me to dial up and check my mail. But when I click on the Outlook shortcut, the program opens, but then I have to call the dialer up separately 2. When Outlook opens, I always see this window labeled Microsoft LDAP Directory. It doesn't matter whether I click "okay" or "cancel," because nothing seems to happen. How do I stop this window from popping ...

VBA Question #4
Hi: I have BASIC programming skills but have never had the opportunity to use VBA inside Excel. Using a UDF, I need to know how to take the contents of a cell and pass it to a variable inside my user defined function. I am trying to take the results in one cell and if it matches, then take the information from two other cells and multiply them together. I've poured over the VBA documentation and see how to push a value into a cell, but can't find any examples of retrieving a cell's content. Thanks in advance! -- Steve Spence Independent AMSOIL Dealer AMSOIL - The "...

A stupid Question?
I am a beginner of mfc. Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others thx a lot^^ Open both the projects together in the workspace. Now drag the resources between projects as needed. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "adams" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:bogk5k$fkm$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk... | I am a beginner of mfc. | Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others | thx a lot^^ | | i can't drag the resources between two opened project can you expand in detail thank a lot "Ajay K...

formula question #28
I need to do a formula as follows. If the amount in column A is < $1500 calculate it by .034. If the amount is > $1500 then they get .00 of only the amount over %1500. Know how to do IF statements but can't seem to figure out how to calculate only on the amount under a certain value and not on the amount over that value. So results should be $1500*.034 = $51.00 00-1700 *.00 = $00.00 Total Commission $51.00 Help!!!! Thanks if you can do this.:confused: :rolleyes: -- Sharon D. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Question about CSocket::Receive()
I have a class derived from CSocket. I have a vague recollection that I only get one shot at calling Receive() in my override of OnReceive(). What I mean by that is that if there's 2k of data to be read but I only read 1k when I call Receive() then the other 1k gets lost. Or can I call Receive() more than once within OnReceive() but after I exit OnReceive() I lose any data that didn't read? I can't remember where I've read this or something along those lines and I can't see it in the documentation. It may be that I'm completely mistaken and it's just my ...

Question about Forms collection
I have a super form with a tabbed control that has 6 tabs each with its own sub form(s). A Total of 8 forms involved. Form Hierarchy is as Follows Super Form Family Tab Family Contacts Sub Form Information Tab Information Sub Form Performance Tab Performance Search Form Performance Sub Form Product Product Search Form Product Sub Form Reports Reports Sub form I have been coding a set of business rules for this database and I've come across a problem According to Access Help Menu the...

Newbie questions
Hi there After many years of using Outlook express I am locking at moving over to Outlook. What I am about to ask has probable been asked a thousand times on the group, but I'm new here so I'm sorry. I am using Outlook 2000 I have run Outlook for the first time and said yes to the default directory where the files are held, thinking that I would be able to change it after like in express, but I can't see how, where or how do I change this directory? I have a main pc and a notebook, don't know if this can be done but can I sync the data between the 2 systems? If ...

Simple pie chart question
I'm a teacher trying to make a pie chart illustrating a part of a whole as a percent. I have two columns, one column (A1-A10)contains the total possible points for assignments 1 -10 the other column (B1- B10)contains the points earned for assgnments 1-10. the cell below each column has a formula that displays the sum of cells X1 - X10. So if a student has earned 75 points out of a possibe 100 you will see 100 in cell A11 and 75 in cell B11. OK. My question is how do I make a pie chart that will display something that looks like it is 75% one color and 25% another. I keep getting ...

questions on redeployment tool to copy production to test
In our environment, we have production and test CRM systems on two different domains/forest. Both have CRM running right now. Our objective is to refresh the CRM data in the test environment from Production. 1. The guide says that we need to create a new OU before starting the deployment tool. Do we need to create a new OU for our test system again. The OU is already present. What do we need to do to the OU and the users in it already in the test environment? 2. After the deployment wizard step in the document, the next step is Install Microsoft CRM. Do we need this step as it is alr...

Excel question, will pay for answer, commission schedule calculati
Hi...having a problem with an excel formula, maybe you can help. I am willing to pay for an answer via paypal, just let me know your price. Email me at busselle (at) gmail (dot) com Here are the basics (numbers are examples for simplicity): 1) Scenario is a sales rep is trying to get people to invest money. The sales rep gets paid a commission when that happens. 2) The commission is based on how long the person keeps their money in (amount of money invested does not change). For the first year, 20%. 2nd year, 10%. 3rd year and on, 1%. Let's do an example. Say I am a sales rep...

HA design question 07
We are looking to use CCR on our Mailbox servers, but we only have one CAS server in the currently design. If we loose the HAS server can the Outlook 2007 client still connect to the mailbox? Do the Outlook 2007 clients connect directly to the Mailbox server or through the CAS server? My understanding is that Outlook will still function if you lose your only CAS. OWA, Activesync, and Autoconnect will fail though. Question: If you're building a HA environement you want at least two HT servers, right? Install your CAS role on your two HT servers and voila. "Ryan Sanders&qu...

FRx question-selecting amount from account
I have the following account in my report with the following data: W-TOC-3850- -US 1/29 (3,520.00) 1/30 (261.84) I only want the 1/30 amount to show up in the report. How would I set that in the row area (or would it be set in the row area)? Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer On Mar 22, 10:59=A0am, Dave Christman <DaveChrist...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the following account in my report with the following data: > W-TOC-3850- =A0 -US > 1/29 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(3,520.00) > 1/30 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A...

Capabilities Question
Hi, Being a developer I thought I would go to the source! Sorry if this is a sort of sales question. Do you think the Service module would cater for a Web Design Company job system? We currently use a SharePoint service to do this but like the looks of Dynamics. Core parts of the system should; 1. Jobs Description 2. Time & Cost Management 3. Job Status (New, Awaiting Customer, etc) 4. Reporting 5. Task logging etc 6. Maintenance Contracts (Ie Pay $x up front and service times deducted from allowance) Do you think Dynamics can handle this and would I need to mod it? Thank...

Quick Formula Question
Dear Excel 2003 users, I have a user in the field that likes to start formulas with a plus sign (becasue she uses a numeric keypad without an equal sign). Sometimes the formulas work, sometimes they do not. Here is an example: she enters +150/2 she could get: =150/2 or 75 Why does Excel sometimes run an immediate result on the entry and sometimes convert it to a proper formula (which is the desired result)? Thanks! Kevin Any chance she's hitting F9 after entering the formula (but before the enter key)? Or is there any chance she has a helpful macro that's jumping in where i...

pp2007 placeholder question
I am trying to create placeholders for 1) subtitles on most layouts and 2) custom placed axis titles on graph layouts. Issue is that it seems not to matter whether I use content placeholder or text placeholder when I go to apply the layout to a ppt I am updating these 2 placeholders add bullets to the line of type. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? thanks Saskabush Hi Saskabush Insert a content placeholder (which automatically comes in with bullets as you say), then remove the bullets using Home tab -> Bullets drop down -> None. That works for me -...

Filter Count question
I have the following code: With Me .Filter = "[Status] = 'Open' AND [Source] <> 'SE Meeting'" .FilterOn = True Me.Label32.Caption = "PCCB Action Items" .OrderBy = "[Group_Name], [IssueID]" .OrderByOn = True End With When I execute this on a commandbutton it returns all the open action items not equal to SE Meeting as the source code. That works perfectly. I have a new unbound textbox called AI_Open. Once I execute the above code, i want some code that will count the number of open action i...

A CFileDialog Question
Hello,everyone. I have encountered a problem about CFileDialog tonight. First, i create a CFileDialog instance and run it(Do Modal). Then,i select a folder and press button Ok. Now i want to get the path of the folder i selected. So I hope to use the function GetFolderPath,but error have occured . I don't Know what's wrong! Who can tell me? ? How can I get the folder Path from CFileDialog? ? ? Thx for your replies! ! ! ! ! You will need to use a folder browser (SHBrowseForFolder) like: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/XBrowseForFolder.asp Tom "xhy_China&q...

Newbie Question: eBay PayPal Accounts
I'm a new Money user (2003 ed.) Can someone advise me how to deal with an eBay PayPal account? I was initially showing PayPal payments made on eBay through my credit card account but this doesn't work for payments received. I assume I would be better setting up a separate PayPal account in Money but how do I work this with my credit card account? If this query is dealt with in an FAQ can someone point me to it? Thanks. Dean How do you get the money paid to you via PayPal? Is it deposited into a checkings or savings account? I would lean toward entering the transactions into the...

outlook 2007 sp2 email question
When I send large emails the action bar says "sending message 4 of 4". I'm only sending 1 email. Your message is being split up into 4 parts. Go into accounts and click on the advanced tab. You should see and be able to change the size limitation there. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "doc suzi" <docsuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F372E897-48C8-48F2-B587-73E1897E0821@microsoft.com... > When I send large emails the action bar says "s...