License Error

Hi,

All of a sudden, everybody in our organization is getting the
message--License Error--when trying to log onto CRM.  Even the administrator
account is locked out and the Deployment Manager won't launch.  Does anybody
know either what might be happening or how to fix this?  Everything else in
our domain is working correctly--there are no dns problems or logon
problems.  I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance,
--John
Remember, the early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

0
John
11/30/2005 5:13:37 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Has anything been changed in your Active Directory, or was a CRM Business
Unit disabled? The thread below may provide some insight for you:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/66179cbb220ff735/3a66abfd0b93ed09%233a66abfd0b93ed09?sa=X&oi=groupsr&start=0&num=3

Hope that sheds some light on your issue.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"John Rosenlof" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> All of a sudden, everybody in our organization is getting the
> message--License Error--when trying to log onto CRM.  Even the administrator
> account is locked out and the Deployment Manager won't launch.  Does anybody
> know either what might be happening or how to fix this?  Everything else in
> our domain is working correctly--there are no dns problems or logon
> problems.  I'm at a loss.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --John
> Remember, the early bird gets the worm,
> but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Verify that the CRM Services are running.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"John Rosenlof" <greyseal96@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

All of a sudden, everybody in our organization is getting the
message--License Error--when trying to log onto CRM.  Even the administrator
account is locked out and the Deployment Manager won't launch.  Does anybody
know either what might be happening or how to fix this?  Everything else in
our domain is working correctly--there are no dns problems or logon
problems.  I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance,
--John
Remember, the early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

0
Matt
12/1/2005 2:59:07 AM
I found out what the error was...
Our company name changed recently--from an LLC to an Inc.--and the boss man
thought that it should be changed.  After not seeing a way to do it through
CRM he thought that he'd just go change it in the database.  But he didn't
change it in the BusinessUnitBase table.  He changed the name in the
OrganizationBase table.  That created an inconsistency within the system and
as soon as I changed the name back to match what was in the BusinessUnitBase
table, everything came back again.

Thanks for the responses and the help.

Regards,