Lead source not carry over to opportunity

Hi there,

We are using CRM 4.0

When you click on Convert Lead to Opportunity button
The Lead Source value (Pickup list) not carry over to Opportunity Lead
Source
I've try to create a workflow but how you can pass values between entities?
It looks like system workflow and I don't know how to access to these
workflows/

The main question is how to pass the Lead source value to opportunity lead
source value when you convert
Lead to Opportunity?

Thanks,

0
ed.dror (7)
9/14/2009 5:33:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

If you browse into the Customisations area of MSCRM and do the following:

1. Click to Customize Entities

2. Double click to edit the Opportunity entity

3. Click to view the list of '1:N Relationships' that the Opportunity entity
has.  This will present a list of all the relationships from the Opportunity
entity to other entities in your MSCRM environment.

4. Double click to edit the Relationship titled
'opportunity_originating_lead' where the Primary Entity is 'Lead' and the
Related Entity is 'Opportunity'

5. This will bring up a new window detailing the values of the Opportunity
to Lead relationship - from here, you can click to view the list of
'Mappings' that this relationship has.

6. This list of Mappings defines all the fields which are mapped from the
original Lead record to the new Opportunity record when the Lead is
qualified.

So from here you can add new Mappings to denote that the value of Field A on
the Lead is copied into Field B on the Opportunity when qualified.

7. Click the 'New' button to add a completely new mapping, a smaller
dialogue will be presented showing a list of all the Lead fields on the
left-hand side and a similar list of all the Opportunity fields on the
right-hand side.

Here you can select one of the Lead fields and one of the Opportunity fields
to define the new Mapping.  So in this case, select out the Lead Source
fields on each entity and then hit 'OK'.  The mapping is now added to the
list of fields to be copied on Lead qualification.

8. Save and Close all the sub-windows opened, and then hit 'More Actions'
and then 'Publish All Customisations' in the original Customize Entities
window from step 1.

This will publish out the changes made to the Mappings and now when you
convert a Lead to Opportunity you should notice your mapping in place and so
the Lead Source copying from Lead to Opportunity.

NOTE: When creating a Mapping between two picklists, the picklist values
must match so that Option 1 in the Lead Picklist matches Option 1 in the
Opportunity Picklist, otherwise copying the value will be inconsistent.

This is very long-winded to describe in a post and is much quicker than this
suggests, particularly once you know your way round the customisations
section of CRM.

Hope that helps, this concept of adding or removing Mappings also applies
for converting Leads into  Accounts or Contacts in the same way.

--
Kind Regards, Paul.

Senior CRM Consultant
Pythagoras Communications

http://www.pythagoras.co.uk

"Ed Dror" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We are using CRM 4.0
>
> When you click on Convert Lead to Opportunity button
> The Lead Source value (Pickup list) not carry over to Opportunity Lead
> Source
> I've try to create a workflow but how you can pass values between entities?
> It looks like system workflow and I don't know how to access to these
> workflows/
>
> The main question is how to pass the Lead source value to opportunity lead
> source value when you convert
> Lead to Opportunity?
>
> Thanks,

0
paul7487 (45)
9/15/2009 2:36:01 PM
Paul,

Thank you very much
Ed

"Paul McQuillan" <paul@citrus-lime.com.(no_spam)> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Hope that helps, this concept of adding or removing Mappings also applies
> for converting Leads into  Accounts or Contacts in the same way.
>
> --
> Kind Regards, Paul.
>
> Senior CRM Consultant
> Pythagoras Communications
>
> http://www.pythagoras.co.uk
>

> "Ed Dror" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> We are using CRM 4.0
>>
>> When you click on Convert Lead to Opportunity button
>> The Lead Source value (Pickup list) not carry over to Opportunity Lead
>> Source
>> I've try to create a workflow but how you can pass values between
>> entities?
>> It looks like system workflow and I don't know how to access to these
>> workflows/
>>
>> The main question is how to pass the Lead source value to opportunity

0
ed.dror (7)

mail merge- & data source
I'm trying to do a mail merge to a label document. I have 10 separate names to put in 10 separate labels. I insert the merge field. When it goes to merge & print the doc, it only merges the 1st name under the title it isn't grabbing all the names to put in each of the labels. Thank you in advance for your help! Harriet Check this link to David McRitchie's web page on the subject. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGro...

ODBC Data Source
Hi all OK, I'm working mucho in the dark here, cos I don't understand what has been setup and working happily for a number of years. We have Great Plains accounting system into which has been linked a cost control excel spreadsheet. With our existing clients (running XP and Excel 2003), accessing this spreadsheet has not been an issue... Create an ODBC link under System DSN Tab to the SQL (Great Plains) database and the spreadsheet loads and refreshes etc no problem. I am now trying to repeat this procedure on a Windows 7 (64 bit) client running Excel 2010. The following proble...

Privilege required to close opportunities
I've set up our own security roles and assigned these to users. One user was involved in earlier stages and was given the built in Sales Manager role. I've just changed him over to the new roles which I thought would cover what we needed, but he has said he can no longer close opportunities (and probably do other things that he hasn't noticed yet!) Does anyone know what privileges are required to close opportunities? It doesn't stand out when I'm going through the various security role matrices. Will, What are the settings for: Create Read Write Delete Append Append...

Control source in text box
I am using the following expression in a control source =[ClientDesignator] & "-" & [CatDesignator] & "-" & [FunctionDesignator] & "-" & [Version] When I run the report the data is correct but I would like the version to show up as 0001 instead of 1. Is there a way to do this? Thanks "bobojones" <bobojones69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Tv4QPjzHHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using the following expression in a control source =[ClientDesignator] >& "-" & [CatDesignator] & ...

drops leading zeros on SAP download
Downloading from SAP to Excel 2003, only dollars were treated as numbers, other fields were Text. Excel 2007, all fields that appear to be numbers are treated as numbers and any leading zeros are dropped. Is there a solution other than to customize every column/field. ...

Add leading zeros
Hello, I have a field of 1 to 3 digit numbers. I'd like to add leading zeros to each to make them 6 digits. For instance: 4 becomes 000004 10 becomes 000010 777 becomes 000777 Thanks in advance, Ellen Hi - Examples from the debug window: x = 4 ? format(x, "000000") 000004 y = 10 ? format(y, "000000") 000010 HTH - Bob EllenM wrote: >Hello, >I have a field of 1 to 3 digit numbers. I'd like to add leading zeros to >each to make them 6 digits. For instance: >4 becomes 000004 >10 becomes 000010 >777 becomes 000777 > >Thanks in advance, ...

retaining leading whitespace in text of an xml node
when I run the following code the leading spaces of the "data" node are removed. How do I retain whitespace? private void CreateBasicXmlDocument() { XmlWriterSettings writeSettings = new XmlWriterSettings(); writeSettings.Indent = true; XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create( filePath, writeSettings ); writer.WriteStartElement("data"); writer.WriteWhitespace(" "); writer.WriteValue(" data with leading space"); writer.WriteEndElement(); writer.Close(); } * Steve Richter wrote in microsoft....

delete multiple leads
IS it posible to delete more than 30000 leads created on an specific time at once? How? Thanks in advance You can try manually setting the DeleteionStateCode on the LEadsBase table to 2. Then the Deleteion Service will actually perform the delete for you in the background. You could also try to manually delete the records directly from the table. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:46:29 -0800, una@cualquiera.com <unacualquieracom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: IS it posible to d...

URGENT error converting a lead to a contact
I am getting an error converting a lead to a contact. Does anyone know what the default datamappings should be between a lead and a contact. I am wondering if that is the problem. The error is Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: Object Type was not provided on attribute 'ownerid' Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\crm\Build\3297 \src\platform\include\OMCommon\CrmPropertyBagUtil.inl Line Number: 457 Date: 07-29-2004 Time: 9:32:16 AM Type: Platform Error (2) Server: amisql Query String: /SFA/le...

view opportunity by business unit
Hello, Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an Opportunity by Business Unit? Thanks. AMCK If you know the Business Unit you can create a query in Advanced find. 1. Open Advanced find. 2. Create a new query. 3. Select the Opportunities for the 'Look for' 4. Under the Fields, select the 'Owner' under Related Fields. This should add a new group. 5. Under the 'Owner' section select the 'Business Unit' field. 6. Select 'Equals' 7. Specify...

Update values in close opportunity form
Hi, I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity form. I want to add/remove the values in the status reason field Is there any way I can do this? Thanks Eddie Not using the default crm forms. You have to build a custom aspx page calling the webservice for this. The CRM SDK has some details on this look for the SetStatusRequest -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "eddieg@uniqueworld.net" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity > form. I want to add/rem...

what is the best website source (free of course) for visio stencils?
what is the best website source(s) (...free of course) for visio stencils? thanks. the short answer is "there is no best site if you aren't a little more specific". I'd start with John Marshall's site for pointers (visio.mvps.org). Then you might check www.visiocafe.com, after that check the specific vendors that you're looking for. al "SFB EIM" <sfbeim@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23auR3XbuIHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > what is the best website source(s) (...free of course) for visio stencils? > > thanks. > ...

Pivot Table
I have 2 lists of 100 items (rows) with 5 data elements. Each list has a common element, which can tie the two lists together. How can I combine these 2 lists and use it for the source data of a pivot table? Todd ...

Unable to bulk import leads
Hi, I'm trying to bulk import leads into CRM 3.0, but everytime I get an error complaining about insufficient privileges. I'm a member of all roles, and I also change all role privileges to have Organization access to bulk import. The I change the workflow service to run under localsystem. No help. What else could I try ? Since it's about missing privileges, is there a log somewhere that would indicate more details ? ...

E-mail lead, contact, & Account records directly from CRM
The ability to e-mail records direclty from crm to other people who are not users of the system. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a61c4d61-21fb-4c97-a329-b23...

Opportunity with null originating lead ID can't be closed error ?
I'm finding that opportunities created from scratch (ie. NOT converted from leads) give me an error when I try to close them, perhaps due to a NULL originating lead ID. Has anyone else noticed this ? Steve virtually all our opportunities are created from scratch ie not converted from leads so this is not a known issue. What error are you getting? "SuperSonic Steve" <lafleur@canadiensfan.com> wrote in message news:b4087b8b.0406081130.460984a2@posting.google.com... > I'm finding that opportunities created from scratch (ie. NOT converted > from leads) give me an...

Pivot table data source #2
How can I edit the source (mdb file) for a pivot table in Excel? We have several sources of data stored on a local hard drive and need to be able to move them to the server for all to use. We also develop in one location and then move to a production environment. I will need to edit the source for this also. I was able to find something on the internet about a .oqy file for editing the source of an olap. I assume I will be looking for something similar to this. Where would the query file be stored by default? I'm using Excel local to my computer, but the files are on the se...

Notes data lost during lead conversion to contact
How can you make the Notes data get moved from the lead to the contact after you convert the lead. By default it seems that the notes are left on the closed/converted lead. This is not available from the application. You should create an addon which updates the Annotations which are linked with the lead. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "fcbit" wrote: > How can you make the Notes data get moved from the lead to the contact after > you convert the lead. By default it seems that the notes are left on the > clo...

Referrals for Opportunities
So has anyone seen an add-on that would allow a client to track who was the referral on a particular opportunity. I've seen multiple many-to-many relationship managers (iParties, Green Beacon etc.) but all of them relate an account with another account or contact. I want to relate an opportunity with an account or contact... any ideas? Alternatively, any thoughts on an easy way of doing this? Thanks, Nick That is a great question, I would love a solution for this as well if anyone has one. Victoria "Nick" <nick@vorafamily.com> wrote in message news:7de77b1c.0402021...

decimal value leading zero's
Hi Group How do I get excel to stop adding a leading zero to a value like .567? I hate looking at 0.567!!! It just ruins the visual effect!!! These are calculated values formatted to 3 decimal places. I have a stupid work around in which I use a helper cell with the formula =TEXT(A1,".000"). I also tried things like =LEFT(A1,4) but this doesn't work if the calculated value is say 0.600 and the the added zero's are from formatting. This will return .6 . Isn't there a custom number format that could be used thus eliminating any work around? I've searched the...

Opportunity status reason value
Hi, Does anyone know what table stores opportunity status reason value? I tried doing mail merge for email and i need that status reason value to be included. I tried using &opportunity.statuscode; however it returned the numerical value. Could someone help me on this? Thanks Carrie For picklists you always have two values: a numerical value and the text value. Where opportunity.statuscode returns the numerical value, opportunity.statuscodename should give you the text value. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > Does an...

Software forum and open source
Hello, We will be settling for open source data integration software. We would need to have a thorough documentation and a forum able to help us on problems if we have any with our solution. Forums are always good to get solutions to problems. But need to be active in order to help. Do you know of any active forums for open source software? Thanks for your advice. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. I think you...

report record source
Access 2003 I am trying to change the record source of my report using the below code. I get error 2191. What is the correct way to set the record source of a report? If UnitNo = 0 Then Dim strsql3 As String Dim strsql4 As String strsql3 = "SELECT t040Project.ProjectID, t041ProjectDetails.ProjectDetailsID, " & _ " FROM t040Project INNER JOIN (t041ProjectDetails INNER JOIN t000Facts " & _ " ON t041ProjectDetails.UnitID = t000Facts.UnitID) " & _ " ON t040Project.ProjectID = t041ProjectDetails.ProjectI...

6 digit number with leading zeroes
I'm entering in these "Bates" numbers, such as 000001 (start); 000052; and 001952 (end) How can I design a custom number format such that if I only enter in the actual numerical value, i.e., '1' for '000001' Excel will automatically prefix the number with the correct number of zeroes, to always make a six digit expression? another example given, '1952' for '001952' Thanks in advance, Vinnie Hi Vinnie, Enter 000000 as the Custom Format via Format Cells. -- Regards, Jake Marx www.longhead.com [please keep replies in the newsgroup - emai...

CRM 1.2 Leads & Searching
Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not! Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable? Thanks Afraid that you don't have this control in v1.2. v3.0 does give you the ability to pick which fields to search though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message news:wIudnXImHfGWr57ZRVnyiA@pipex.net... Hope someone can help - how do you se...