Lead Batch Conversion to Contacts and Opportunities

Has anyone come across a solution for running a bult conversion process of
leads to contacts, and opportunities?

For example, I am importing a bunch of leads.  Instead of going on by one
and converting these leads to contacts and opps I want to do it in batch.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2003 rule doesn't recognize contacts
New computer made me have to do new installation. I was successful in opening my outlook.pst that I copied from old computer. I see my mail including all my folders, and I see my contacts. The rules didn't transfer which I kinda understand. However, when trying to make new rules, I'm running into a problem. I did a right click on a messsage in my inbox from abc123@domain.com and chose to make a rule. I make the rule to move messages from abc123@domain.com to a specific folder, and then run it. But the messages don't move. When I go to edit the rule, I get to a point that says "...

Brutal conversion from M2003 to Q2004
Tried for 3 days to convert. In the past, whenever I have switched to Q from M or vice versa, it was relatively pain free. The new program would recognize another, ask if you wanted to convert and press a button and be done. (Actually we all know it needed to be cleaned up some) This year you have to go online for the instructions how to do it. Then you have to convert EACH account to a qif and do the export import thing. (And you still have to clean up some accounts) Sorry Q2004, I've tried for 3 days, have finished and I just give up. I'm sticking with M2003 (as imperfect as it is) D...

Contacts not receiving attachments
I have notice that when I send an email from outlook and track it in crm, the recipient will not receive the attachment. When I turn off tracking in crm the attachment is received on the recipients side. Does any one have any ideas? This sounds very odd, I have never seen this before. What types of attachments are you using (extension type)? -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C277DD2-7C69-4695-B174-5984C57AA054@microsoft.com... >I have not...

Conversations in Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP) with a folder that says "conversations." How do I get rid of this to make the folder go back to normal? The computer is running Windows XP thanks LV ------------------------------------------------------ I rode a tank and held a General's rank When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank - - - Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil ---------------------------------------- Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground. - - -unknown ---------------------------------------- Yes, I have let myself go...Now I'm Free!...

Address Book 6.00... missing contacts
Hi, In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing. Thanks for any advice! b This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ...

Dexterity code to .Net conversion
Is there any standard approach or step-by-step approach to follow for to convert Dexterity code to .Net in GP? Raji, There is no such thing as a "standard approach". Nothing else but good software engineering work will help you in transitioning your code from Dex to .NET. You can also leverage the new Visual Studio Tools for Dynamics GP to aid in the development process and attain the same "look & feel" experience. However, keep in mind that VSTDGP is still a very new tool and needs a lot of work to allow developers to fully recreate the Dexterity experience. S...

contacts #12
I recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002. When I click on some contacts I get the following error messages: 1) "Could not load because object is not available on this machine" I click OK...then 2) Just in time debugging opens and says there has been a runtime error and ask if I want to debug the selected debugger. If I click yes...it tries to debugg, but cannot....If I click no it gives me the following..."Object does not support this property or method 'page.SBE.DataGrid1'Line No:11 If I click on OK the contact will open Any ideas? ...

An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad
I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a dialog appeared and the error message is : "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system administrator". If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly. I go to the CRM server and find an event: ========================== Source: Microsoft CRM Category:None User: N/A Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

Integration Manager creates batch in wrong company
We are on GP version 7.0 When a user is logged into two companies (two different windows) and runs an Integration in company A, the batch is created in company B instead. If only company A is open, it works correctly. It appears that integrations are global to all companies, but is there a way to control which company is used? Or do I need to close out of all other companies first? Bob, You have to close out of all other companies first - otherwise, I believe IM will import into whatever company was opened last. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Bob Harrison" <bobh@tds.net> wr...

Products added directly to Opportunity
Why can't I link and display products when they are added directly to an Opportunity? I can do it using Access but not with CRM tools - Reports or Advanced Query. I need a list for a date range of all products sold by Owner. The sales team do not use Orders or Quotes. Our partner said it would work fine to just add the product directly to the Opportunity. Only problem, no reports! Any help greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston On the left-hand side of the Opportunity screen, there is a section titled 'Products' which lists the Products that are potentially been sold as part ...

No decimals and leading zeroes
In MICROSOFT EXCEL 2000, how do I change: .12 156.00 5,678.99 10.12 to: 000000012 000015600 000567899 000001012 (without decimals and with leading zeroes). Put 100 in an empty cell and copy it, select the range and do edit paste special and select multiply custom format cells as 000000000 if you need to export, insert an adjacent column, use a help formula =TEXT(A1*100,"000000000") where A1 is the first cell, copy down as long as needed select and copy and paste special as values ...

Fast way to re-assign large list of leads?
Hello; We have a list of leads from a marketing list (about 1,200) that got imported and assigned to the wrong user. Is there any fast way to assign all 1,200 of those leads to a different CRM user? I've been trying to go through 100 at a time, but it's taking forever :( Sincerely, Todd M. Taylor Only way is to write your own app using the SDK. I'd suggest keep doing 100 at time,...thats just 12 times! You'll spend far more time writing that app (unless you have significant experience with the CRM SDK) -Gary "Todd M. Taylor" <flygtiguy@NOSPAMhotmail.c...

Opportunity Pipeline Stage Time Stamp
I am interested in reporting how long an opportunity takes to close (number of days) as it moves through the sales pipeline. Ideally we would like to see the number of days between each pipeline phase. Then we can analyze how long opportunities stay at each phase. Has anyone done anything like this before? Hi Kenny, You could do simple jscript behind a checkbox that will do a timestamp when checked. When that phase is complete click the checkbox. Create a nvarchar field to store the timestamp. Calling this FIELD1 in code Create a bit field and under properties change it to checkbox. Call...

contact shortcut / Do you trust this embedded object? / 2003
When I double-click a Contact shortcut in the note area of an Appointment or Contact a yes/no dialog opens with the question, "Do you trust this embedded object?". There is no check box to turn this message off. Even if you answer yes, it comes up again the next time you double-click the shortcut. It does not happen if the contact is attached. I just upgraded from 2000 to 2003. This did not happend in 2000. How do I turn of this message? I don't need to be warned about contacts I have created. Are you using a custom form? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all re...

Annotation Import Not Associating with Account or Contact
When I import data into CRM from the cdf database my Accounts, Accounts_ext, and Contacts import correctly, the Annotation (Notes) import but are not associating with the Account or Contact. For the Object ID, I'm using the same Account ID or Contact ID that I use when importing the Accounts and Contacts. I noticed when I go through the Cleanse Data section of the Data Migration Wizard, I'm not prompted to associate the ObjectTypeCodeName Account or Contact....I'm not sure if this is the actual problem or not. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Hot opportunity. Make $18000 now!
Here is a hot opportunity to make upto $18000 in only a couple of weeks. Whats more, it only costs $5! So what have you got to lose??!!! http://www.soonstudios.com/~agardiner/mtop.html Check it out now for full details. Within these hallowed halls, AG of <adrian.gardiner@soongroup.co.uk> added the following to the collective conscience: > Here is a hot opportunity to make upto $18000 in only a couple of > weeks. > > Whats more, it only costs $5! So what have you got to lose??!!! $5? Or is that �5? Call me when it's �5 to make �18,000 and I'll have a couple goes...

Can't Access Contacts
When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be displayed. Anyone, please? Pat -- Pat Geddes "Pat Geddes" <Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com... > > When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when > sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be > displayed. Anyone, please? > Asked and answered here HUNDREDS of times...

Outlook freeze for about 10 seconds Adding Contact
I have a machine completely updated with XP and Office 2003. Each time I add a entry to my Contact, Outlook freeze for about 10 seconds. On another machine, with the same Outlook account, it does not freeze when adding contact. I don't want to reinstall MS Office 2003. Thanks What are the specifications of your machine? How big us your PST file? Try reducing it in size (archive adn compact) and remove unnecessary background applications that might be using resources. -- Bill R MVP "Thomas" <tshaffer@tds.net> wrote in message news:A66CCC5C-5144-4EBE-975D-81CD...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....

How to undelete leads
One of my users accidently deleted all her leads. Is there a way to "undelete" them? I assume that one of the fields in the database may be a "status" flag that can be reset with a SQl query. If she actually deleted them then they have probably gone. The deletion service will take care of the actual deletion on a regular basis. Records are not deleted as soon as you hit the delete key. Take a look in the leadbase table to see if her records are still there. Moving forward I recommend you remove deletion rights for all users. Users can always mark records as inact...

Add sender to contacts
When I right Click Sender I my E-mail inbox Add sender to contacts Does not work Have to add new contacts by hand When you select Add Sender to Contacts, an Add a Contact dialog should open. Does that not happen? Use Alt-Tab repeatedly to see if the dialog might have opened behind your current window. If you view the message from the sender, there is an Add Contact link next to the From address. Does that work? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Prplhaz" <Prplhaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E1B122-AF15-426C-9AEE-37BD...

Exchange 2010 : Create "Contact" and "Distribution list" in AD
Hi folks, with Exchange 2010 user can create Contacts and Distribution List in Active Directory using ECP. I don't have found any documentation about this new very usefull feature. Outlook 2010 support the same feature? Where I found documentation about thie Exchnage 2010 features? Thanks, Lorenzo Soncini 38122 Trento TN Italy I found it pretty easy to Bing that. Here's the first hit: http://www.exchange-genie.com/2009/08/owa-exchange-control-panel-ecp-part1-rbac/ -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems.&quo...

Invoices and batches
Hi everyone! We are running RMS POS 1.3 in one lane and QB Premiere (Canadian edition), and have been for a few months. Recently we put a few sales to institutions "on account." When we try to transfer the batches to QB we get the message "Transaction split lines to accounts receivable must include a customer on that split line. OK" Then we get the message Error on line 23. Can't record invalid transaction. OK Cancel" The batch doesn't import as a result. Any suggestions? As an aside, is there a way to print the invoice on a nice 8.5" x 11"...

importing with a custom contact form results in a notes record
I am importing a comma deliniated dos file to a contacts sub-folder using a custom contacts form and the imported records arrive in a notes format rather than my custom contact format. When I add a record manually the custom form produces the desired result. My form starts with IPM.Contact.Principals. What am I doing wrong? and can I change a notes record to a contact record after the fact. I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks ...

Question for "application-defined or object-defined error" retrieve outlook contact
Hello, I used the VB to retrieve the outlook XP contact list. When I run the application, it prompt a dialog box. In the following is the dialog box message: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". When I click "Yes", the screen prompt out "Error 287: Application-defined or object-defined error". In normally, if click "Yes", the VB program can retrieve all contact records out, but in my case, it flows this error. Any exp...