Last and Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 10, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased
approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective the week of October 3, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is
scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite you
to participate at
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/threads  forum(s).

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com

0
nntp (12)
10/9/2010 10:25:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This really really sucks. And the Microsoft Forums support REALLY sucks.

Microsoft is abandoning their most loyal customers.

<nntp@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eD$zUDAaLHA.1844@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> What is Happening?
> This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
> newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.
>
> Why?
> As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
> traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
> past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
> solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
> move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
> for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
> make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
> improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
> management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
> healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
> begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
> and discontinue support for newsgroups.
>
> In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
> users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
> newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
> which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
> forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
> functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
> NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/
>
> Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
> All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
> October 10, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased
> approach,
> starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
> active ones throughout the course of the next six months.
>
> When will this Happen?
> Effective the week of October 3, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.
>
> Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
> In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is
> scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite you
> to participate at
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/threads  forum(s).
>
> Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx
>
> Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
> Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
> NNTP@microsoft.com

0
Toni1270 (1)

Adjacent Cell to Last Cell in a Row
I am creating two columns where data is continually added. In one column I have units either lbs or kgs listed. In the second column I have a price. I want to create a formula that will pick the last entry in the units column and depending on whether it was lbs or kgs multiply the number in the cell beside it in a further calculation lbs 3.34 kg 5.67 kg 4.50 lb 8.94 lbs 8.94 kg 5.82 lbs 4.33 lb 6.22 lbs 2.68 kg 7.48 In this case in the first example the formula...

Default Microsoft Exchange Services Stopped (Critical)
Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first administrative groups: one called <servername> and the other called SMTP connector. The former says "Critical: Service not running" while the latter says "Available". Right clicking the former and clicking Properties reveals a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped." The Exchange server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message tracking...

OT
Is the Microsoft Exchange website down, by chance? When trying to access the ExBPA Page or the Exchange 2003 SP1 page, or the /exchange/library page, I recieve a Page not found error (Can't post it due to copyright). http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/ExBPA/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library Error page that launches: http://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?404;http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/404.mspx When I try to access the main Exchange page, it now comes up with a 403 Forbidden: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange -- Bob Christ...

Summing the last 200 days
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me - I need to add up the 200 most recent days for a spreadsheet and was wondering rather than messing with cut and paste if there was a formula that could do it all for me. I will have more than 200 days worth of info. Also the sheet I am adding up on has gaps between the weeks so its not just a matter of copying the formula over. Thanks! Louja, If you want the last 200 days of data - assuming one data point per day: =SUMIF(A1:A1000, ">=" & LARGE(A1:A1000,200), B1:B1000) Or within the last 200 days: =SUMIF...

Setting browser to respond to hyperlinks in e-mails?
Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in Win XP? My problem is that when I click on a hyperlink both Firefox and IE(ver:7) open that link. TIA "Pegleg" <Pegleg@usnavyret.mil> wrote in message news:e9v0c396q9k64smer9fptjj4omtmm2m31t@4ax.com... > Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is > clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in > Win XP? > > My problem is that when I click on a hy...

Help looking up the last product in a container
I have a data base that tells production what porduct to put in what trailer and I need to be able to find out what the last product was in the trailer. All this information is in the table on the last trailer by product name, trailer number and date returned. Can someone help me with this? -- Roger Perkins rperk60@swbell.net Use DLookup() to get the previous product. This example assumes a table named tblLoad, with fields like this: TrailerID Number what trailer is used for the load. ProductID Number what product was carried. LoadDate Date/Time when this...

Recovering Microsoft User Data
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Hi there, <br> I've read the discussions on this one but my steps haven't yet righted the problem. I accidently trashed my 2004 user data last night. I have recovered it and moved it into the docs folder alongside the old file calling the new file Microsoft User Data old - but then Entourage keeps replacing it.. What steps should I take to restore my data in Entourage? Thank you! <br><br>Duncan To update: I have a 266MB file called database in my Office 2004 identiti...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 11-24-09
I can no longer access Microsoft Outlook since having ran out of memory on the C:\ After deleting some and letting the disk clean up porgram delete some other files I now receive this error message. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" Can anyone help me please - Thank you By memory I guess you mean hard disk space. If you have less than 15% of free space you will run into other win problems - time for a new larger disk? Try Run outlook.exe /resetnavepane (note space between exe /) "Rita" <Rita@discussions.micro...

privatenews.microsoft.com
I use the Direct Access newsgroups (via Outlook Express) to service my clients and have been away on 2 weeks holiday. Having just returned I cannot access these newsgroups using Outlook Express anymore - invalid password. Has anything changed whilst I have been away? I have not changed anything on my system so I am a bit baffled. Thanks in Advance. Steven, Yes, they changed passwords. Here's the notice about it. You need to be a Microsoft partner to sign in. <snip> In an effort to secure NNTP access to MSPP newsgroups, the password will be changed on July 1st 2004. Please fol...

Microsoft Form 2.0 Controls in VC causing error
My application developed using VC++6.0 in W2K running well in my development PC (with Visual Studio 6.0 installed). When I run the same application in a client PC without VS installed, I get this error: An unsupported operation was attempted. At last I found out it is caused by the 'Microsoft Form 2.0 commandbutton' and 'Microsoft Form 2.0 Label'. After I removed these controls the application run fine. I have registered the file FM20.dll using Regsvr32 and it show succeeded. May someone help how can I make those controls run well in my client PC? Thanks. ...

Microsoft Pub 2002/creating electronic mechanicals,manual-can't f.
I need the work pages for this manual and I can not find the RF_Publisher file. What work pages for what manual? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A98F78-94D8-4F6F-91B2-0E0A19C4C14F@microsoft.com... >I need the work pages for this manual and I can not find the RF_Publisher >file. ...

"The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is uinavailable".
When trying to open Outlook I'm getting a message that says "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is uinavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this transaction." What does this mean and what do I do?? "=?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:78BB4720-5BCC-4F47-95EF-469B8443D9D7@microsoft.com: > When trying to open Outlook I'm getting a message that says "The > connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is uinavailable. Outlook > must be online or connected to complete this transa...

See this correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--hanoxjmvugy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="geygsediuj"; type="multipart/alternative" --geygsediuj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="orxbebvyw" --orxbebvyw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer. This ...

What's the Difference Between This NG and microsoft.public.excel.misc?
See Subject. -- W. eWatson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/> Hi, You are posting to the microsoft.public.excel so I'm not sure what you mean by the subject line? your's ends in .m which I don't think is a legal site. The microsoft Excel newgroup area has many sub-areas dealing with: Functions General Questions New users Charts Excel Application Errors Programming ...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-07-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:14:28 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:29:11 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 06:42:42 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 526 Total No. of Characters...: 1263268 Total Volume..............: 1233 Messages Per Day..........: 75.1 Characters Per Day........: 180466.9 Average Daily Volume......: 176 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Exchange 2003 hosting or Microsoft Office Outlook Live?
Hi all, I'm starting on new business with a colleague. We will both have laptops and are likely to be in and out of the office and may need to work during the evening at home sometimes. We are both from a larger company with Office Exchange servers and are used to sharing calendars and contacts etc and accessing and using our office mail from home. Given that we are starting up we do not want to spend much of money on IT so we were looking at going for one of the online exchange hosting services such as Datagate's (in the UK). The other option is Microsoft Office Outlook Liv...

FONTS in Microsoft Publisher 2003
I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I want to show my customer, how do I do it? Rossy wrote: > I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I > want to show my customer, how do I do it? The fonts available in Publisher should be the same as the fonts available to the rest of the system. This article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209205 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Thanks for the answer, however, I do not know how to print the fonts available, can you tell me how? Someone did it for ...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

Exchange 5.5 LAST SERVER DELETE
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! -- John Peter...

Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window
I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to Access 2000. When trying to open the 2000 file on a machine with Access 2000, I get the error message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window. Please upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer" I have upgraded internet explorer & I still get the same message. Any suggestions? "Joanna" <joanna@dpd.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:021f01c3926e$084dcc40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to > Access 2000. When trying t...

microsoft word activating
hi I don't know if this is the right group to answer this but here goes I installed microsoft word and put in an incorrect name to be licensed to Now a box comes up and it will not activate How can I change the license name on the license agreement that one fills in at the beginning thanks ...

Returning one of two values in Microsoft Excel 2003
I am trying to allocate values across various headings in my worksheet. In, say, A2, data is input via drop down box. Depending on the value of this entry, and on entering a value in B2, B2's value is allocated to a cell under a general heading via the formula =IF(OR(A2="value1", A2="value2", A2="value3"), B2, " ") This is an income allocation spreadsheet. My problem comes in my outgoings. Once again data is input via drop down box and depending on these values I have to allocate my outgoings whether the currency value is input in cell B2 o...

ExcelReport
Please access http://www.ljzsoft.com ExcelReport is a report generator to generate reports in Microsoft Excel format. If you know how to use Excel and write SQL statements, you can use ExcelReport to create all kinds of reports as you need. Furthermore, with one time configuration, you can easily build periodic reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. ...

Switch First and Last Names
What is the excel formula to change John Brown to Brown, John? Thanks! Karen, Try this =MID(A1&" "&A1, FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Karen" wrote: > What is the excel formula to change John Brown to Brown, John? Thanks! Hi, try =TRIM(RIGHT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)) "Karen" wrote: > ...

Adding a password to a reminder?
This is a family PC which several of us use. Outlook 2002, XP ProSP2. There have been a couple of occasions when one of us have set a reminder in Calendar, but it has popped up when another user is at the machine. Teenagers being what they are, they don't appreciate the importance to someone else, and its been 'dismissed'. The Mum misses a deadline cos no-one reminded her.... I realise the answer to this lies in our helping one another out - and I'm creasonably confident that will happen - but I wonder if as a failsafe I can prevent an item being dismissed in some way...