large email attachment

Hi, all.

My useres have to attach documents which may have up to 8MB to EMails.
When they try to send them, an error appears:

System.Http.Exception: timeout
[HttpException (0x80004005): Zeit f�r Anforderung �berschritten] which means
"timeout"

Nevertheless the email is sent, but it's status is still open in CRM.

I have modified the registry of the server already.
emaildispatchtimeout = 0x12c
maxuploadfilesize=0x00855000

EMails with such attachments could have been sent without problems until
I've updated my server with SBS SP1.

Any ideas?

Regards

J�rgen
Germany

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook email password always requested
I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for every time. Is there a fix for this? James A known issue - see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, James Truelove asked: | I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for | every time. Is there a fix for this? | James "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wr...

Missing Text in emails replied to via Lotus Notes
I use Outlook 2003 to create emails. Using either plain text or html format, when I send the email to a colleague who uses Lotus Notes, and they hit reply to the email type their response. I do not receive or read any of their text in the incoming mail in Outlook. If I use an alternative Email client such as Pegasus, I can read their text. What can I do to fix this, how can I get the missing text back from within Outlook, without getting them to re-create a new email with their response? I think that I have solved this. I think that when the option to remove blank lines is ticked. Ou...

Email blocked
Hello All I have a problem with receiving email from a certain domain, I can receive email from one user at that domain but not from any other user, there ISP is telling them that it is on our side that it is being blocked, we have nortons doing filtering but the emails are not even gettting to the filters, we can receive email from everybody else with no problem, we have exchnge 2000, could this be a DNS issue or is it coming from there ISP that is hosting there email, we can receive email from other domains that there ISP is hosting with no problem. ...

Where have my emails gone?
Hi there, we are in the process of merging with a new parent company and currently have two mail boxes setup in Outlook. I copied some mails from one mail box to the other and they have left the original mailbox but do not appear in the new one. However, I can find the messages by using a Search Folder. Apparently, the messages are in a folder called IPM_SUBTREE. What is that? ...

CRM Email 12-29-03
I have successfully installed the email router, and i was able to send emails from crm and successfully receive them (both to company domain and outside clients). I have noticed though: 1. when i send email activity to CRM users (CRMEmailEnabled attribute assigned), they do not receive this in their queue - actually the application should generate another activity appending CRMxxxx to the subject line which doesn't happen in this case 2. Internal mails (company domain) We can not send emails to CRM. I have followed the steps in the guide, created a queue...everything and i am still...

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

Not getting all my emails
computer with XP and OE crashed. Have W7 now... downloaded windows live... can send and recieve but not getting all of my emails... (have other accounts set up with same email address.. am getting emails there but not all in W7). Have a Pop3 account. Never any problems with OE... don't understand why I recieve some emails and not others... some emails I send and people reply to I am not getting either. Any help would be appreciated. Are these actual different accounts, or different e-mail addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? How are they set up? (i.e. rules moving t...

How do I properly attach vba code to a workbook
I have a function and entered it into the vba editor, syntax and all is clean, but my spreadsheet won't recognize the new command when I go to use it. displays #name? etc. etc. This is my first time to actually use the vba editor, so obviously I'm missing some basics somewhere... T-I-A... Where did you put the code? It should be in a regular code module, NOT a sheet's code module or the ThisWorkbook code module. In the VBA Editor, go to the Insert menu and choose Module. Put the code in that module. Also, if you are attempting to call the function from another workbook,...

attachment is grey cannot open
cannot open attachment. attachment is grey See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#1 The same applies for WinMail. steve "dravidm" <dravidm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:4290840E-7192-446A-940F-5AEC42A8A55C@microsoft.com... > cannot open attachment. attachment is grey ...

Opening Attachments in Outlook 2000
A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with attachments included while on the road, dialing in over a modem line. He wanted to know if there was any way to just receive the text from the message without having to download the attachments once the email is opened....any suggestions? thanks! He could always use www.mailwasher.net to view mail text only. David "**Jeff" <jlemay@artel.com> wrote in message news:0be301c35c23$964d3980$a401280a@phx.gbl... > A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with > attachments included while on the roa...

Multiple Exchange Servers and Email Router
When installing CRM 4 Email Router in an environment with 2 Exchange servers, where do I need to install the Email Router? it is not requirement in CRM 4.0 to install the exchange router on exchange. All you need to do is to choose the exchange server name while configuring the router . I myself had installed the router on CRM server. /Aamir ...

Email deletion over X amount of time for subfolders
I'm trying to configure the mailbox manager so it cleans out everyone's mailbox once a week for emails that are over a year old. I had no problem with cleaning out the Inbox, but none of the emails in the subfolders are deleted. I selected 'All Other Mail Folders' option, but that didn't work. Anyone know how to go about doing this or having this same problem? Thanks, John ...

Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 crashes when downloading email
I have tried everything to try and figure out why Outlook is crashing. I ran sfc, I reinstalled XP SP3, IE 8, Outlook 2007 and as a last try installed Outlook 2010. I tried new email profiles and I ran a full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malaware but nothing! This thing is driving me crazy! I don't want to do a reinstall of XP as I would rather spend the time on Windows 7 in a few months down the road when I spec out some hardware. Is there anything left to try???? What's logged to the Event Viewer about this? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/...

File Attachment Problem
I have got the file attachment problem since we implemented the dynamics CRM 4.0. So i will be glad if you advise me a way to solve this problem. sincerally ...

Sending attachments using Business Contact Manager Mail Merge
I've just upgraded to Outlook Business Contact Manager 2003 and am trying to send an attachment to several contacts using the mail merge facility. When you click mail merge it takes you to Word, so I cannot understand how you attach a document to the message you have written. I'm sure it is very simple, I just need a little help please!!! Kate:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Notification Email on duration date
Hi I have a question that is there any way to send email to owner when their task is reaching due date set for the task. I tried to make it work with workflow but I couldn't. Also I read through all the post here and couldn't find anything relating to my question. Sorry, subject should be "Notification Email on due date", note "duration date" Thks, motoC "motoC" wrote: > Hi > > I have a question that is there any way to send email to owner when their > task is reaching due date set for the task. > > I tried to make it work with...

Cannot send email 12-11-09
I keep getting an error message reading*** Cannot find host*** Chances are, you have a typo in the mail server name. If you need more help, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a = reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Randy" <RRestle@comcast.net> wrote in message = news:%2326x76meKHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I keep getting an error message reading*** Cannot find host*** ...

Setting up new email
Hi I recently switched to MSN Internet service and want to set up my Outlook email program to receive mail at home. I don't know the pop3 and other information to put into the program so that I can resume receiving email there. I have both Outlook Express and Outlook 200 installed on the computer, whick is running on W98SE. Thanks for any help! Terry Ray plinus74@msn.com Consult the MSN help files for the correct information. Note: Many accounts were converted to HTTP accounts only. POP3 accounts may be unavailable depending on your service package. --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

How do you forward email on Outlook?
Uh, press the forward button, address the mail, enter any information you want included in the forwarded mail, then press send? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Chris asked: ...

Retrieving a sent email before recepient opens it
How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before the recepient opens it ? Hit the "Do do send" before "I decide tomorrow" button. "dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before >the recepient opens it ? Unless you are using an Exchange server, there is no message recall. With Exchange server, your chances are better. However, the best way to retrieve a message is to not send it until you have reread it and decide that this should be sent. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Corrupted attachments cause out of space error
I hope this is the right place to ask this: We are having a problem with attachments to emails becoming corrupted as shown in the example below. The error message is "552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation" however we have confirmed through multiple tests that ample storage is available at the mailbox level and the the server level (disk space). The garbage characters appear to be the attachment and they appear in the error message that is returned to the sender. My speculation is that the body of the email and the attachment somehow are corrupted and in t...

CRM Email 03-05-07
I need some quick assistance. My Microsoft partner is horrible when tring to answer these types of questions. 2 Identical emails are sent 1 from outlook and 1 from CRM with the tracking cookies turned off. The 1 sent from outlook goes thru fine but the one from CRM(not in all cases) gets caught in spam filters. This is not a spam filter issue seeing as the outlook email goes thru fine. What is CRM putting in the emails and how do i get rid of it? What are the SMTP settings for your CRM server? "Folders.com" <Folderscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

Opening Attachments #19
Hi, I have a customer that is using Office 2003 Pro. Everything has been working OK until yesterday. When he tries to open an Excel attachment he gets the error: Can't create file: *filename*. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. If I try and save the file to an alternate place I get the same error? If I open Outlook in safe mode (hold down ctrl and launch the app) it works fine?? Can anyone shed any light on this please? Regards, Stuart Errington. Stuart Errington <stu...

Can't send email thru Outlook 2002. PLS help...
I can receive emails fine, but everytime i try to send i get an "undeliverable" email back with the error "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed". It looks like it's trying to find my IP address, but can't. I have a router that looks to be set up fine as I did the troubleshooting section that specified this problem, but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. That error is generated by antispam software on the recipients mail server. Are you running your own SMTP server? If so, it's a problem with your server, if not contact your provider since the...