Laptop client installation for multiple domain users

Hi,
We have CRM 3.0 server installed.we have 2 domains one is for india and
second is for USA users. server is in India domain. USA users want to install
outlook client,when they are installing it is saying that unable to connect
to that crmserver.May be the server is down.
How do i connect the CRM server from different domain.
I have seen some trust relationships concept between the domains in
implementation guide.I didnt understand much.
Anybody knows Pls help me.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

Try have the user in USA accessing the CRM server by using the url in
Internet Explorer. eg. http://yourcrmserver:5555/. (If the web client don't
work, you will not be able to use the Outlook client either.) The user will
be asked to enter credentials (domainname\username, password) if there is no
trust relation between the domains. When you have a trust relation, you can
use singlesignon, but I guess you might need help of a system administrator.

Best regards,

Merijn van Mourik

"Jeevan" wrote:

> Hi,
> We have CRM 3.0 server installed.we have 2 domains one is for india and
> second is for USA users. server is in India domain. USA users want to install
> outlook client,when they are installing it is saying that unable to connect
> to that crmserver.May be the server is down.
> How do i connect the CRM server from different domain.
> I have seen some trust relationships concept between the domains in
> implementation guide.I didnt understand much.
> Anybody knows Pls help me.

Installing CRM on a machine that has Crystal 9.0 Enterprise already installed?
Will this create a problem? Hi, if you would like to install crystal and mscrm-server on the same machine it will be a problem. Regards Nicolas F�hrs "Jake Horn" <jhorn@no_order4chaos_spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OaBA%23QraEHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Will this create a problem? > > ...

2008 Terminal Server on SBS2003 domain
I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS 2003 domain. I found that the connect server wizard did not work. I manually added the 2008 server to the sbs2003 domain. I setup and configured terminal service licensing with no problems I setup all applications with no problems. However, when we started testing from a remote office we receive an error - The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. Could anyone help with this issue? me wrote: >I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS ...

Multiple Vlookups
Hi, Currently i have a large list of insurance sales agents & have t record their sales on a daily basis. I have a spreadsheet for each week with a total at the end & also hav a monthly sheet vlookuping each total of each week Is there anyway i can reduce the large vlookup formula that i =vlookup(x,wk1,1)+vlookup(x,wk2,1) etc etc. I also have each week o day references to a list of sales agents as this can change daily which requires me to open up each weeks spreadsheet or the monthly on doesnt update correctly please help as each files is around 1mb n very slow Cheers mik -- mi...

Adding SMTP addresses to multiple users
Is there a way to add a new smtp address to a group of existing users (2000+) in an Exchange Organization / Active Directory Domain? Thanks. Why not create a Recipient Policy? Alternatively, check out admodify.net. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE17E582-AA51-4FE1-859E-89CD6668770C@microsoft.com... > Is there a...

Saving a record on a form to multiple places
Here is what I think will be an easy question, but im not sure... Lets say I have a databasee, which i do. Lets say that on my main form, I have a text box called "company". On the same form, I have command buttons that link to other forms that have to do with this company, but they are too numerous to put all on subforms within this form, as I was instructed to make the forms less cluttered. When I enter a new company's name in the text box, as if im adding it for the first time, I would like it to update that field to other tables as well, which all contain that companies n...

repeating custom headers on multiple pages
H I apologize in advance for such a stupid question but i have searched every help file and cant find any mention I have a workbook with 5 sheets and i want the same custom heading to print on each sheet I tried selecting all sheets going into print preview and adding the header but it only prints on the first page my brain refuses to believe that i actually have to go to each sheet and retype the header and footer please tell me i am wrong and also how i can accomplish this task ti Jeff Jeff, Using Headers and Footers should repeat the header on every page. Care to contact me and discuss i...

Can't install sp2 :(
Hi i have already deployed exch 2003, it is working as it should be. Now i want to install sp2 on my fron-end and then back-end servers. But when i star the update programm it tell me: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" could not be assigned the action "Update" because: - The NNTP component of IIS is either not installed or disabled Before i installed Exchange i installed NNTP via Add/Remove Windows Components. Server 2003 R2 32bit, latest updates, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services v3.0 beta, DNS server.. What should i ...

finder search across multiple xls for one term
I have about 400 spreadsheets nested in various folders on a single hard drive. Trying to find a long forgotten spreadsheet, which I can only identify by a value it contains. Let's say it's 114,167.18 I've used OSX 10.6.2 finder search with 'contains' and at first it yields nothing. When I lose the comma, ie 114167.18, several .xlsx spreadsheets appear as containing that value. Great! Trouble is, I need the original spreadsheet with that value and it's an older document, listed .xls as opposed to .xlsx It seems OSX 10.6.2 finder cannot look inside .x...

CRM Outlook Client Installation
I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD Installation show next message: Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF I have the same problem. Can anyone help please. "Daniel" wrote: > I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD > Installation show next message: > > Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. > Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF ...

Maximum users in Outlook Distribution List?
Hi, We're running Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 client. One user only has about 100 contacts in a distribution list he created in his contacts in Outlook locally, and now when he tries to add more users he gets the following message: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." I have not set any distribution list limits anywhere that I'm aware of. Did I miss something? Is there an inherent limit to the number of users you can put in a local DL in Outlook 2003? I couldn't find any ...

How to Microsoft Publisher 2000 install with XP
How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my new laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. From what has been stated here in the past, put CD #2 in the CD drive and follow the instructions. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3E6D722-A5B2-49E7-9BC6-1DC958BB5A15@microsoft.com... > How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my > new > laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. ...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

Multiple Combo box in a form
i'm have a form. i want to do three combo box. one is customer, one is partID and one is process. this three combo box are from three different table. there are customer table, part master table and process table. i want to do like this. if i choose one of the customer from the combo box, then when i go to the partID combo box, then i want it just show out whatever the part which belong to that customer only. others customer's part wont be in the list. then when i click on the process combo box, then i just want the combo box show out the process which is belong to that partID w...

IMAP not working for old users
Hi, I am trying to use IMAP to log in to Exchange 2003. IMAP is running, as I can connect. However, I get "unknown user name or bad password", even though I'm certain that the login/password is correct. I am able to connect using the same login/password via OWA. I've tried the following combinations for logins: LOGIN DOMAIN/LOGIN DOMAIN/LOGIN/LOGIN DOMAIN/LOGIN/Inbox I get the same failed authentication in all cases (for all tested old users). I'm sure IMAP is active for this user. But, When I create a NEW user login is succefful ! (or r...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Can't find other users on exchange server to share calendar

Need a Formula based on multiple cirteria
I am building a spreadsheet that will continue to grow in size. Th basic outline of the spreadsheet is as follows: A // B // C // D // E // F // G // H // I // J // K // Sys Name // Project // Type of Bldg // Type of Work // Type of Price / W/L // LNFT // CST // HRS // $/LNFT // HRs/LNFT // Consept of the sheet is: Column A will be grouped (using the Group command) Column B is input for reference only, no lookup functions need apply Column C is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 10 differen types of Bldg. Column D is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 5 differen types ...

Is it possible to search client/server rules across the entire dom
Basically my company wants to make sure that nobody has a rule in place that forwards company emails to an external account. Is it possible to search the exchange environment for rules? Thanks, Nick You can (and should, IMO) disable automatic replies and forwards to the Internet, an global setting. How you would do that depends on your version of Exchange, which you didn't bother to disclose. So you are welcome to search Google for "disable automatic replies to Internet Exchange 200x" where "200x" is your version of Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP &...

Cannot automatically resolve users in Outlook
Hi everyone, this is a weird one and thats why I post it twice. I currently moved 60 users from the Users folder to a OU in order to apply a GPO to them. Out of the 60 , when I try to resolve the username in the email client for 5 of them (by Ctrl +K or check names) I fail to resolve. Who can tell me what is not replicating or not viewing correctly as I need to find a solution pretty quickly. Many thanks, Johnny pls manual replica your all DC GC and try again -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Johnny Noitargim" <jm@nospamplease.com> ���g��l��s�D :417d48d7$0$43598$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-re...

Internal messages bouncing after server\domain migration
Greetings, Any message created under the old domain bounces on reply because Exchange is trying to use the old AD info to route the message. Is there a way to safely change this? This will be a non-issue after all the old threads are exhausted, but it is a pain to have to readdress everything instead of just hitting reply. And help would be grealty appreciated - Thanks ...

[2003] Mass remove "Reply to all" from Outlook 2003 clients
Is there any way to remove the "Reply to All" button en masse from about 1000 Outlook 2003 clients? We have SMS, if that helps -- or perhaps via a logon script. We have a VP screaming that our users keep replying-to-all and passing along confidential information (intended only for the original sender, but inadvertantly sent to everybody). I don't think the intention is to remove the functionality entirely -- just the button, so as to make it harder to reply-to-all. TIA for any advice here! -- Bob "There are seldom technological solutions for behavioral problems.'...

Using Access 2007 runtime along with full install of Access 2K
Is it possible to successfully run Access 2007 runtime on a machine that has a full install of Access 2K? We seem to be having issues with the following registry key not updating when switching back to the older version of Access. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\msacc9.olb" Following running Access 2007 runtime the key changes to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Of...

CRM 4.0 Pre-Install ?'s
Hello, We are considering going up to CRM 4 from 3. I have a couple questions. 1. Can CRM 4 be run on SBS2003 (the system requirements Microsoft posted only list standard, enterprise, and web). 2. Does CRM 4 still require MS Exchange to utilize any email functionality? Thanks, James 1. Yes, CRM4 can be installed on SBS2003 (would need to be R2 Premium as it requires SQL server 2005) but there is no SBS version of CRM anymore. Just install the normal version. 2. Exchange server is not required anymore. The email router can access POP3 mailboxes, and just requires an SMTP server f...

Extender window linked to multiple windows
Can you have the same extender window linked to different GL windows? Thanks. The basic Extender windows must be linked to a window and only have provisions for linking to one window at a time. If you copy the window so you have the same fields, the data is stored but with different source windows in the records. If you are on V10, install SP4. You can then create windows that stand alone and can be launched from menus or a hot key at any time. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish but this might be an approach. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008...

Importing Text file....need to manipulate text and spread across multiple columns.
I receive a number of different data files in varying formats. In orde to effectively review the information, however, I need to format it an sort it in a way that makes the data useful. Here is an example o what I have (this infromation has been scrubbed) : <Seam> First Name Neelakan Ready <Seam> Last Name Chin <Seam> Address 31 Bloomfield Lane,Apt #215 <Seam> City Auburn <Seam> State Michigan <Seam> Post Code 48336 <Seam> Country USA Here is what I want: USERID First Name Last Name Address City <Seam>...