KB Search in Service

I have added, a new KB article in to the KB.  However, whenever I search for
the article within the Service - Customer Service of CRM I don't get a result
from the KB.  However, if I try a search within my Workplace then I get a
response.  Is this due to the searching not being turned on within the
Service section of CRM???  If so how do I turn it on??
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It may simply be a time delay thing. Can you search for and find it from
Customer Service if you try now?

"datoon" <datoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have added, a new KB article in to the KB.  However, whenever I search
>for
> the article within the Service - Customer Service of CRM I don't get a
> result
> from the KB.  However, if I try a search within my Workplace then I get a
> response.  Is this due to the searching not being turned on within the
> Service section of CRM???  If so how do I turn it on??

0
Peter
8/1/2005 4:50:01 PM
There is a 15 minute delay between publishing to the KB and the article
being searchable.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> It may simply be a time delay thing. Can you search for and find it from
> Customer Service if you try now?
>
> "datoon" <datoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have added, a new KB article in to the KB.  However, whenever I search
> >for
> > the article within the Service - Customer Service of CRM I don't get a
> > result
> > from the KB.  However, if I try a search within my Workplace then I get
> > response.  Is this due to the searching not being turned on within the
> > Service section of CRM???  If so how do I turn it on??

0
John
8/2/2005 5:50:16 AM
I understand about the 15 minute delay for the searching, however, I have
tried it once again within Service and still I cannot find the article.   It
seems strange that when I search within the KB contained within "Workplace"
for the same article I can get the article back but not in "Service".  Surely
the search in the "Service" section of CRM is exactly the same as the
"Workplace" search???  Any other ideas?

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> There is a 15 minute delay between publishing to the KB and the article
> being searchable.
>

> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>

> "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> > It may simply be a time delay thing. Can you search for and find it from
> > Customer Service if you try now?
> >
> > "datoon" <datoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have added, a new KB article in to the KB.  However, whenever I search
> > >for
> > > the article within the Service - Customer Service of CRM I don't get a
> > > result
> > > from the KB.  However, if I try a search within my Workplace then I get
> > > response.  Is this due to the searching not being turned on within the
> > > Service section of CRM???  If so how do I turn it on??

Not sure if it could help, but check your MSSearch Service in "Services" is
running... Mine was not running and gave me an error, but did reference in
the error about MSSearch.

Have to know uninstall and re-install to SQL sp4

"datoon" wrote:

> I understand about the 15 minute delay for the searching, however, I have
> tried it once again within Service and still I cannot find the article.   It
> seems strange that when I search within the KB contained within "Workplace"
> for the same article I can get the article back but not in "Service".  Surely
> the search in the "Service" section of CRM is exactly the same as the
> "Workplace" search???  Any other ideas?
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
> > There is a 15 minute delay between publishing to the KB and the article
> > being searchable.
> >

> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.mscrmfaq.us
> >

> > "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> > > It may simply be a time delay thing. Can you search for and find it from
> > > Customer Service if you try now?
> > >
> > > "datoon" <datoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Searching for Image and adding path
I am working on a database that has several records. Each record has a different image associated with it (or will). I will not be the only person using this database, so I want to make it very simple to add images to records. I know that saving the image in the database isn't the best idea for Access 2003, so instead I want to have the path stored (which will make mail merging work too in Word). This is what I want: In the form, on the tab where the image information is, I want 3 things... - The image itself displayed, once the user adds it - The PATH of the image in a text b...

Online Services
With many banks now changing over to this Site Key verification during login, Money no longer is able to access those sites during it's automatic updates and statement downloads. Does anyone know how long it takes for the programmers to make fixes when a bank does that? I haven't been able to access my TCF Bank info from Money for a couple weeks now since TCF changed to the Site Key. ...

Does ? work under excel search?
Hi, Wondering if there is any way to search/find the ? inside of a cell? It does not work for me unless the ? is by itself in a cell. I need to dig out this symbole from within a cell. For example, cells may have "abc?123" in it and I need to find and delte it. Is it feasible? Thanks Hi Harry in the find what box type ~? in the replace with box leave blank click on options and ensure that match entire cell contents is not checked run the replace Cheers JulieD "harry" <harryliuusa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eqFRJCIsEHA.1712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

Reporting Services Error on CRM 4 Windows server 2008
Hello. I'm having trouble with CRM connector for SQL Server 2005 reporting services. I installed this connector with no problems, but when I try to acces reports from CRM Web page It says that Connector is not installed. I thought that maybe for Windows server 2008 this might be a firewall issue, but I've already disable from both servers (I have SQL Server and Reporting Services in one server, and CRM on another). I don't know what could be the problem, event viewer doesn't show any errors. Both servers are on Windows server 2008. Please help me. Thanks Jose Ponce ...

Service Appointment, Activity History, and "Due Date"
When I create a service appointment in CRM, and I check the "All Day Event" check box, the schedule start and end times disappear, and the dates sync. This seems logical. However, when I look in the activity tab or the history tab the "Due Date" displays the next day. For example, I create a service appointment where the scheduled start date is 2/10/2007, and I select the "All Day Event" checkbox. The scheduled end date is set to 2/10/2007, the duration is set to 1 day, and the time fields disappear. If I view this service appointment in the activities ...

exchange will not start, error directory service cannot start
after a power outage, my server would not boot. Found that three of the hard drives were offline, (raid 5 with five disks) Called dell, brought two back online and did a rebuild on the last one that was offline. They are all online but when I boot it up I get this error: Security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start. Error status: 0xc00002e1. Please shutdown and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode. I have been on hold with MS tech ....... -- Glenn MCP A+ Network Admin MBBC ...

how to handle services
I have a problem I need a solution on how to handle the services a computer stores charges it customers for repairs ect. The computer store the store sell computers, parts and accesories plus they perform services How should I handle the services since they need to be tracked the service department does the reairs and the customers service ring up the charges based on the types of services performed example O/S reinstall $75.00, virus remove $50.00, etc Thanks Ian First what POS are you using RMS or POS? If you have more than one sales lane in RMS you could create a work order wh...

Exchange 2003 Service pack 2 install errors
Hi I am trying to install exchange service pack 2 as my private file has exceeded 16gb. I am constantly receiving the error the exchange system management tools the handle is invalid facility win32 id no: c00700006 microsoft exchange setup the exchange messange and collabration services the system cannot find the specified file facility win32 id no: c00700002 What does this mean and how can I install service pack 2 successfully? thanks Is there a setup log file generated on your c: drive when you tried to install? Can you post? Is your store currently unmounted because it has exceede...

Transport XML across the web: web service, remoting secure FTP or what?
Need some discussion regarding a project in preliminary design... A laptop running XP Pro/IIS will be used to capture data from a form. The form will be used to write the captured data to XML on the file system of the laptop. The file will contain data that must not be transmitted as clear text. The transmitted data will include an encrypted signature. The file needs to be transported via the web and deposited on the file system of a server. The requirements may change as they often do I'm just interested in learning the typical way this task as currently described is usually done ...

SQL 2005 Service Broker
I have one server with common data that when inserted, updated, or deleted I am sending to the change to 4 seperate instances. I have one database on each instance receiving the message and then resend dynamically to a specified set of Satellite databases. This is mostly working except I sometimes see messages not make it to specific databases or even specific instances. ServerX ServerX_Endpoint InitiatorDB Message Types: CommonDataSend CommonDataReceive Contracts: SendCommonData Queues: CommonDataSendQueue Services: CommonDataSendService Routes: ServerDB1...

Outlook Search/Find feature
Hello, As per an ongoing Audit policy. We need to look for specific words in some mailboxes. I tried the find? advanced find feature but could not find a way to look for an excat word. For instance: If I need to look for the exact word brooks, I don't need the search results to come up with holbrooks as well as brooks. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi lara, maybe this program is a help Lookout V.1.2 on http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#18 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Dat...

Search and replace query

Ability to enter multiple meter readings per day in field service.
Would like to have the abiltiy to enter multiple meter reading per day in fields service instead of being limited to just one entry per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-u...

VLOOKUP formula searching multiple worksheets ??
Does anyone know how to search for info from multiple Excel worksheets using the VLOOOKUP formula or any other formula. I have my VLOOKUP formula(column B) and list of values(column A) (sorted in ascending order) on Worksheet 7 and I need to search for these values in Worksheets 1,2,3,4,5& 6 Column F. Is this possible with Excel ? I've tried this by using the formula VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1:Wrk6!$F:$G,1,FALSE) but I get a #VALUE! error. You will need a construct along these lines: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk2!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk3!$F:$G,2...

Exchange Services Starting
Exchange 2K on Win2K Server This is a "backup" Exchange Server, so the services should not start unless I ask them to, so all of my Exchange services are set to "Manual". Recently, I lost a drive in my array. Since I rebuilt the array my System Attendant service keep starting as soon as I connect to the network, even though its set to Manual. It doesn't do anything if I pull the network cable or if I set the service to Disabled. The Dependent Services are just MTA Stacks and Information Store. While I can just keep the service disabled, I have a fear that this...

Searching Through Long List of Completed Activites
Is there any way to use a seach tool to search through completed activities on the history tab? We have converted Activities in from Goldmine and I am already on page 48 and still only now in the B's and you can guess how manu records there might be. There is no Find availble on any menu. Any suggestions? Thanks! Tools > Advanced Find and select Activities from the drop-down. Does this do what you are looking for? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Shauna Koppang" wrote: > Is there any way to use a seach tool to search through completed activities &g...

search folders from-to conversation
Howdy; I want to set up a single Search Folder which will find all e-mail message between myself and a particular institution. The easy way to do it seems to be to specify fill-in "Criteria >From" and "Criteria >Sent To" with the same value (in this case, a domain name) and get the boolean OR of those two things. How the heck can I do this, or some equivalent? Regardz, Ken - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ken Leonard ken_leonard@NOSPAM.earthlink.net [Edit it to make it work.] It's really pretty easy: 1. Right-click Sear...

Search accross Contact folders
HI there, we are using Outlook 2007 and have multiple Contact folders within public folders and users have their own contacts within their mailboxes Is there a way for a user to search accross a selected set of contact folders.. ? rather than having to do a search on each contact folder? thanks ...

Does newsgroup have a way to search the list?
It would be helpful. Patti If you use a newsreader the messages are filed and searchable on your own PC - http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm Otherwise the archive at Google Groups is searchable. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Patti Barden wrote: > It wou...

Reporting services wizard fails
When I run the reporting services wizard to install the additional reports available for GP I get this error after selecting the database I want to deploy the reports. ________________________________________________________ Unhandled exception has occurred... Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {...} failed due to the following error: 80040154 _________________________________________________________ additional info: Reporting services in installed on another server and working properly. I am running the wizard from a 32 bit server that GP is not installed on. Here...

Reintall SMTP service on exchange 2000
I re-intalled STMP on window 2000 server machine runing exchange 2000. Now mail are hanging up on the outbox. You need to reapply Windows and IIS service packs and patches. Then you must reinstall Exchange Server (use the /reinstall switch). These steps are necessary for Exchange Server to reinstall its own IIS\SMTP sinks. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;312395 for more inforamation. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "fashiru" <femiashiru@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4EBCF726-A929-4563-929A-B20ED1216EF5@microsoft.com... > I re-intalled STMP on wi...

Uninstall network service
Hi all, I would like to uninstall "Network Load Balanciing" on my network card. How can I do this using PowerShell ? Thank you, Olivier ...

searching emails in whole mailbox
Hi, My Outlook is just upgraded to Outlook 2007. It drives me crazy. In Outlook 2003, if I want to search an email in the whole mailbox, I will go to Advanced search and browse to the mailbox and it looks for the email everywhere. But in Outlook 2007, I did the same thing, it finds nothing. I have to check the folder to search. The problem is if I know the email is in which folder, why I need search? That doesn't make any sense at all. Please help! I need to search an email in the all folders, in the whole email account. How can I do it? Thanks in advance! Lisa ...

Active Directory Web Services (ADWS)
I have seen reference to ADWS and am wondering whether it works like a regular web service - i.e. can I use it in a .Net application? If so, can I add a web reference as I normally would for other web services? Is there any documentation on ADWS besides the general overview stuff that is available at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd391908(WS.10).aspx? Cheers, Cutty ...