Jscript Error and Numeric Fields erasing upon lost focus

Aarrghhhhhh!

   I am at my wits end with this one.  I am getting the following error
message when trying to customize a form by adding elements that has
manifested itself recently (the only one in my company to have this issue).
The worst part of it all (besides being able to manage CRM customization), is
that in a regular form (i.e., opportunities) when a numeric amount is
entered, the value is erased when the element loses focus (when I  click
save/close for example).

   Here is the error message, and what I (and my OPs guys) have tried.

   "An Error has occurred in the script on this page.  Line: 18; Character:
1; Error:  Automation Server cannot create object;  Code:  0;  url:
http://crm01/Tools/FormEditor/Dialogs/addfields.aspx"

   It obviously does not display the next form properly.

   I have tried the following:

1.  Installed Windows Scripting 5.6 patch:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323885
2.  Performed the following:

Method 1: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Run.
In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and
/scannow)
Select the OK button.
Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Comment:  At then end of this process, no files were updated.

Method 2: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files
and Folders option.
Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf
In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that
contains the Windows folder.
Click the Search button.
In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf
folder.
Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

Comment:  This reverted IE, which caused it to download massive updates from
Microsoft to revert it back.

3.  Adjusted Tools>Options>Security Settings for Active Scripting.

Saved and Closed IE.

Rebooted.

4.  Uninstall & Reinstall of IE7

Can anyone help????

regards,

ungaio
0
ungaio (5)
5/1/2008 3:20:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

P.S.  Also completely uninstalled all J2SE and Java programs from Add/Remove
Programs.

-ungaio
0
ungaio (5)