Joining queries in advanced find

Hi,

We are having a major issue with one of our CRM customers.  They are trying
to do a mail merge via word but cannot get the data they required into a
single view via advanced find in CRM.

The reason for this is that you cannot seem to outer join 2 queries within
an advanced find.

We can see 2 ways to achieve what we need – could you or one of your
colleagues advise on the solutions below:

1) How can we search 2 or more relationships, so that if a match is found in
either, the result is returned?

E.g.

Entity A may be related to Entity B or Entity C, both of which are related
to Entity D.

We want all Entity A entries, where there is a connection to Entity D, via
either Entity B *or* Entity C, and where the Title field in Entity D is a
user supplied value.

2) How can we take the results of an advanced find from a different
webservice than CRM's default one.

We would...

Build a simple query that searches one of the relationship trees (the visual
query designer can show this, let users enter a value to search for, etc).

When the Find button is pressed, rather than sending the query off to the
CRM web service, we would want to fire it to a custom service of our own.
This would parse out the value that has been searched on, submit 2 separate
queries to CRM, and merge the result sets. The merged set would then be
returned to the CRM front end (looking exactly like a normal XML result set),
where it would be used to populate the results grid.

We understand that this kind of join can be performed via a sql report but
the user specifically wants to use CRM views via word to perform their mail
merge.

Kind Regards
James
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Delete a custom attribute causes "Query Builder Error
Deletion of a custom attribute used in relationship mapping or view causes "Query Builder Error - No Attribute" error when attempting to view/edit mappings or do a quick find. CRM should be updated to test for mappings to an attribute and usage and find columns in views before letting you delete an attribute. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

Finding Values With more than 2 decimal Places
Hello, I am using sumif to verify some numbers. These should all be dollar values and thus should not contain and values past 2 decimal places however when I use the sumif it returns values with long decimals? I have been unable to find where these decimals exist visually and i tried this formula to help me identify them =IF(L18-(ROUND(L18,2))=0,0,"Help") ^ hopefully this would let me know if a decimal past 2 places is present in a value but I still am unable to find them? any help would be apreciated Thanks Chuck -- clane -------------------------------------------...

Advance Find Order Product
Using Advance Find, is there a way to search Orders that have both Order Product A AND Order Product B? I can easily find Orders that have either Order Product A or Order Product B, but can't seem to make it look for both. Thank you, Adam Three Day Bump. Hi, Don't have CRM in front of me, but try this: Create advanced find with 2 lines using the same field. Select both lines, group as 'AND'. Should work. Good luck, Bertil "AdamEdmonds" wrote: > Three Day Bump. Ok. I tried that and got no results back even though I saw at least two that fit my query. ...

Bug in Advanced filter
I think I have discovered a bug in the way Advanced Filter filters out duplicates. When I perform this function and have the results pasted to another location (or new worksheet) if the first 2 rows are duplicate they are treated as not being duplicate. That is, it lists the first 2 rows in the target location even though they are duplicate. It seems to work fine for other rows. It is not a bug. Excel treats the top value as a Title/list header unless you tell it not to. So.......you get Cat as Title and Cat as first unique in the list below. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

Function to find largest number from a series of numbers?
Is there a function to go across several columns of numbers and pick out the largest one? If not, how would I write that function? thanks to all Rick =MAX(A1:Z1) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "rs" <r_schiller@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message news:2p-dnW3P0f...

Simple query question 08-05-10
Hi, I'm using SQL Server 2005. What I want is to return a column "venue", but if that column is null, I want to return the value of the column "site" (in either case, I want the column header to be "venue"). How do I construct such a query? Thanks, - Dave You can use expression with COALESCE and alias the expression as venue: SELECT COALESCE(venue, site) AS venue... -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Try this: SELECT COALSECE(venue, site) AS venue FROM my_table -- Gert-Jan laredotornado wrote: > > Hi, &...

Cell.Find in VBA
Hi, I have the following VBA Macro: Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _ After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ MatchCase:=False) I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit numbers. Here's an example: Column A 199 199 75781 75899 199 80012 Thanks, Hi I think you have to loop through all cells and check the length/value of each cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D3CEA329-2A...

How do I disable the advanced printing features permanently?
Everytime I print an document, the information comes out backwards (mirror image) of what I entered. I've tried disabling the Advanced Printing Features but it always defaults to mirror image. I can't see how that would be an Excel issue. I would think a printer issue. From where do you access the Advanced Printing Features? On my HP Photosmart printer I access through Printer Properties. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:48:04 -0800, Dolores <Dolores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Everytime I print an document, the information co...

find a copy of a standard formal report lay out/template
looking for an example of a formal report template Hello pppe productivity placement program example wrote: > looking for an example of a formal report template You can find templates offered by Microsoft at the following URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx namely: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043361033.aspx HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | ...

Find the depth of XML
I have following XML: How can I find the depth of XML? in other word max level of the XML <Root> ----- level 0 <Name>----- level 1 <FirstName>name</FirstName> ---- level 2 <LasName>lname</LastName> <MiddleName>mName<MiddleName> </Name> <Information> <Info1> <Info2> --- level 3 <Info3>asdasd</Info> -- level 4 </Info2> </Info1> </Information> </Root> Raed Sawalha wrote: > I have following XML:...

how to find the last modified user?
Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular record (of any entity)? Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact? Thanx There is an example in the SDK of building an "Auditing" module for the CRM admin which would give views of who changed which records, etc. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Simon" wrote: > Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular > record (of any entity)? > Esp, who last mod...

Advanced Filter Case Sensitive
Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria range and run the filter and only pull records that are DOG, not dog. Thanks very much. In the criteria area, leave the heading cell blank In the cell below, enter a formula that refers to the first row of data. For example: =EXACT(D2,"DOG") Joseph S Johnson wrote: > Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case > sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria > range and run the filter and only pull records that are > DOG, not dog. ...

Help Query.
Hi, I have 2 tables, one it has customers who are past due and another table that has customers who have paid and not past due after a certain period. My objective is to find the customers who hasn't paid yet. I did a query, joined by account #, this query will return customers who has paid after they were past due. But I am looking for account IDs of customers who are still past due. Anyway to do this? Thansk for the help! Try the query wizard about finding unmatched rows. It seems you need rows from the first table that are NOT in the second table. Hoping it may help, Vander...

Query re Registration & Login to Outlook forum
I am not clear what function the Registration and Login have on the website of the Outlook Forum. I can post messages to the Outlook Forum through my ISP's newsgroup server, apparently without registering or logging in to the Forum. And after posting a message through the newsgroup, I Googled the keywords "microsoft forums outlook", then selected the option at http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/ . There I could read my own posting, and I could read the reply to it from a well informed reader. However, I was not able to reply at the website, only from OutlookExpress...

Date expression in Query
I am getting 'undefined function' w/this expression in my qry. Expr1: IIf(today()<[PoP_End_Dt],"cur","exp") How do I insert or use todays date in a Query. Expr1: IIf(Date()<[PoP_End_Dt],"cur","exp") -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Steve Stad" wrote: > I am getting 'undefined function' w/this expression in my qry. > Expr1: IIf(today()<[PoP_End_Dt],"cur","exp") > > How do I insert or use to...

Round up a decimal in a query field
Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in Access. Can anyone help? Function:round([tablename!fieldname,2]) I think. It may be round([tablesname!fieldname],2) "bigomega73" wrote: > Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query > field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in > Access. Can anyone help? Thanks Golfinray, but that only rounds to the nearest decimal place. What I want is the numb...

Using Mail Merge with Criteria in a Access query
Hi; In access 2000-2003 it was possible to use the Mail Merge function in Word to access a query that has criteria required for input. You can select the Word document and then the database is opened and the criteria box is opened for input (Enter Parameter Value). This then produces the data for the letters. It used a DDE connection between Word and Access. In Office 2007 the mail merge help document says to go to the Access database and select the query and lists how to link to an existing or new letter. The DDE connection is listed but does not attach to the query? It alway...

how to access data in a query
I don't know how to set the source property on a query? or how does the query know what db to query? It now says (current) so if you have another db open then it queries the current db when you open the query in datashett view? I'm assuming this is what is meant by the query source property? I have an excel spreadsheet that I would like to populate my db so I can test the query. I tried setting the source property which says (current) to [tables.tblTest] on the query just to get some data in it says the name is invalid. (I imported from an Excel spreadsheet some test data into...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...

Linq query
Hello, I have the following list: IList<Int32> roles = { 1, 2, 3 } I need to get all users where in user.Roles there is at least one Role which is id 1, 2 OR 3. var a = users.Where(u => u.Roles. ??? ); How can I do this? Thanks, Miguel shapper wrote: > I have the following list: > > IList<Int32> roles = { 1, 2, 3 } > > I need to get all users where in user.Roles there is at least one Role > which is id 1, 2 OR 3. > var a = users.Where(u => u.Roles. ??? ); users.Where(u => u.Roles.Any(r => roles.Contains(r))) ass...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from exc
How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from within Excel 2002? I know it can be done somehow using the SQL.Request addin function. However my attempts using this function have continually failed. Can some one please provide a working example to the pubs or Northwind dbs that I can work with and use to help debug my attempt? Thank you! ...

MS Access & Citrix
Hi, all. We have a home-grown Access application that approximately 50 users use to access different, but related, databases on different Linux servers across the US. We are trying to combine all these different databases into one database that everyone can access through a Citrix server. In the initial (very) testing phase, we have found some strange problems with our Access app that may be related to the programming within the application or may be related to the Citrix side of things (although when we try to do an analagous task going just through Access itself we don't have the same...

Nest members of a query-based distribution list
Hello Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it Thanks Robin It's ok I have managed it now http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Thanks anyway Robin "robinwilson16" wrote: > Hello > > Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within > the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. > > I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it...

Linking a Combo box to variable SQL query in subform
I am in the process of creating a relatively small D'Base that will monitor employee competency. There are several tables and relationships within this, but I don't consider this to be a big project (although my first post-graduation in the real world). I have configured the records to be spread over two tables. One is the tbl_ReviewHearder (containing employee info', review date), the second, tbl_ReviewContent contains the competency information. This is based on a 1-many relationship (1 header, lots of content) I have written VB to filter the combo boxes, but I am having ...