It takes time to load records in MS CRM Client

HI All,

I am facing a serious problem, whenever i access CRM through Client, it
takes time to load and after getting records in it, it is not shown
properly. Why so??? please help me out.
Client is always connected to server, Is there any way to check if it
is connected or not.

Thanks in Advance.
Nitin Verma

0
nitin
10/16/2006 5:27:19 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nitin,

I had the same issue with a client of mine and after working through
all of the standard MS suggestions we found that by removing the
clients local OST file and recreating it from the exchange server the
issue was resolved. MS informed us of 2 items. 1) Having more then
1,000 emails in in any and all mail folders will cause a slow delay as
CRM checks the records on each load. By removing the OST (or PST) and
reloading it after the CRM Client is installed speeds up the load
significantly.

Give it a shot, but be sure to back up the PST or OST file first, just
in case there is an issue

On Oct 16, 1:27 am, "nitin" <nitinverm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I am facing a serious problem, whenever i access CRM through Client, it
> takes time to load and after getting records in it, it is not shown
> properly. Why so??? please help me out.
> Client is always connected to server, Is there any way to check if it
> is connected or not.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> Nitin Verma

0
hmccallum
10/16/2006 6:19:21 AM
Thanks a lot, but i am novice to CRM system, would you please guide me
how to remove and again recreate OST file.
hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com wrote:
> Nitin,
>
> I had the same issue with a client of mine and after working through
> all of the standard MS suggestions we found that by removing the
> clients local OST file and recreating it from the exchange server the
> issue was resolved. MS informed us of 2 items. 1) Having more then
> 1,000 emails in in any and all mail folders will cause a slow delay as
> CRM checks the records on each load. By removing the OST (or PST) and
> reloading it after the CRM Client is installed speeds up the load
> significantly.
>
> Give it a shot, but be sure to back up the PST or OST file first, just
> in case there is an issue
>
> On Oct 16, 1:27 am, "nitin" <nitinverm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > HI All,
> >
> > I am facing a serious problem, whenever i access CRM through Client, it
> > takes time to load and after getting records in it, it is not shown
> > properly. Why so??? please help me out.
> > Client is always connected to server, Is there any way to check if it
> > is connected or not.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> > Nitin Verma

0
nitin

Microsoft Office 2003 Pro with SP3 (5 cd), Windows Vista September 2007 x64, other 24/09/29 new programs, Loads of GREAT SOFTWARE ( 20,000 plus programs DVDS and CDs)
Microsoft Office 2003 Pro with SP3 (5 cd), Windows Vista September 2007 x64, other 24/09/29 new programs, Loads of GREAT SOFTWARE ( 20,000 plus programs DVDS and CDs) clearing, garage sales, buy, risk-free purchase, cutting edge, state of the art, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 29 september 2007/added Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac (1 dvd) Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 12.0 Multilingual MakeMusic Finale 2008 (3 cd) Microsoft Office 2003 Professional with SP3 (5 cd) ...

very slow refresh or response time each time "enter" button hit
No matter size of spreadsheet, each time I hit the enter button, I have to wait 5 or 6 seconds for the screen to refresh. It is a new grunty pc and all other office pro applications working fine, ie access very quick. t'is driving me crazy.... -- vic Try changing the calculation to manual and see if it helps. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "vic" wrote: > No matter size of spreadsheet, each time I hit the enter button, I have to > wait 5 or 6 seconds for the screen to refresh. It is a new grunty pc and all > other office pro applications working fine, ie access ...

Negative Time #3
I am trying to set up a time-sheet which records flexi-time. Obviously when someone accrues flexi the hours and minutes add to each other. However when someone takes flexi this is a negative number. Even with the 1904 date system on you can't type a negative number in a time formatted cell. Does anyone know of another way to do this? Thanks Bryan -- BryHam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BryHam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25189 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

Time calculation
I have a datasheet with a number of columns, the first of which is date in the format xx.xx.xxxx. I want to be able to work out which entries are over 14 days old and and send them an email based on another column. I have tried the code as follows- For j = 1 To lastcell If Cells(j, 13) <> "" And Cells(j, 14) = "" And Cells(j, 1).Value > (Now() - 14) And Cells(j, 15) = "" Then do something next j endif The code to display the email works ok so I have omitted it, however it sends an email to all even though they are less than 14 days old. O...

time #2
can we have a active clock updating itself automaticaly such as hours and minute and seconds, from any given date and time ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can put Now() in a cell and subtract your start date and time from it. Then force a recalc every second using a macro. Then forget about using Excel for anything else. See Chip Pearson's site for Application.OnTime http://www.cpearson.com/ss/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy eagle...

CRM Configuration
Hi all, I installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows 2003 and SQL 2005. After the installation I created a new user that can do everithing, and started to configure the main items. First of all I cofigured the Oranization Settings. Then I tryed to define my organization adding some Business Unit, After I created rhe first, I coud'nt find it in the list o Business Unit. So I tyed again to insert, but I got a message telling that the Business Unit with that name already exist. Any idea why I can't see the Business Unit created on the list. I also tryed to create a custom list with no fil...

MS outlook #5
I am sending mail through my jsp page in Html format. in which I written JavaScript . Ms outlook is not supporting. Rahamathullah <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sending mail through my jsp page in Html format. in which I > written JavaScript . Ms outlook is not supporting. Define what this means. Do you get errors? Are the messages not delivered? -- Brian Tillman ...

CRM 3.0 Views, Click event bugs
Hi , Does someone also had the same problem, that when i want to select a column to remove in the associated view of a entity (every view actually) i can't select it. I does not contain a green rectangle. I have the hand and the tool tip to click here, but when i click noting happens ????????? Does someone knows anything that could cause this ???? Hi, You need to include "about:blank" in Trusted Sites in IE. Here's a post from my blog on this issue : http://niths.wordpress.com/2007/04/11/unable-to-select-view-columns HTH, Niths "huppeldepup@gmail.com" wrote...

Reporting Services not loading
When I try to load Reporting Services I get thie error advising IIS is not loaded or is not enabled. It IS loaded and it IS enabled. What do I have to do to get reporting services to load? This is beyond ridiculous! -- RW RW What do you mean by 'loading'? From SSMS, localhost? "RW" <RW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AFD42BE-C587-4076-AE8D-B9B927A53E01@microsoft.com... > When I try to load Reporting Services I get thie error advising IIS is not > loaded or is not enabled. It IS loaded and it IS enabled. What do I have &g...

How to fill docking window client area with CFormView?
Hello, I would like to fill the client area of my docking window with the view of a CFormView derived class. But somehow the create method of the CFormView seams not to be accessible. Give it another possibility to do this? I also tried a CDialog derived class but I don’t know how to make that it becomes child of my docking window. Knows someone an example? Best regards, Thomas Are you using a CDialogBar? AliR. "Thomas Sedlaczek" <ThomasSedlaczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5626D53-07B8-40A3-945A-E96592575C22@microsoft.com... > Hello, > >...

CRM 4 with Office 2000 Pro on the client
Hi I am engaged with a large energy based organisation, who are looking at using Microsoft CRM 4.0. There Standard Operation Environment (SOE) is Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 2003, Internet Explorer 6. In the Implementation Planning Guide on page 3-28 in the section "Outlook Software Requirements", Windows 2000 Pro is not listed in the required operation systems. Will the Outlook client work on Windows 2000 pro? Also, on page 3-29 in the section CRM Web Client Software Requirements, it states "Microsoft Windows 2000 editions are not supported for installing and running the Micro...

Count number of records in report footer
I have a Purchase Orders Database. I would like a field that count and display the number of records in a report. One of my report would display all orders processed in a specific date. For example, If I run a Last Month report, it will display all orders made during August. I would like a field that count and display the number of orders for that month. How can i accomplish this? any ideas? Please help! Thanks, Troper -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Troper via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I have a Purchase Orders Database. >I would like a field that count and ...

Question on SQL Server 2008 and MS Access 2003
Hi, I just installed a new Windows 2008 Server( 2 CPU X Quad Cores), and I found it's a 64-bit operation system. We have SQL 2000 (32 bit) running on the Win2008 Server temporarily, but I'm thinking replacing the SQL 2000(32 bit) with the new SQL Server 2008(64 bit). However, most of our clients are using the MS Access 2003 (32 bit) to connect to our database server. I'm thinking will the MS Access 2003 be able to connect to the SQL Server 2008 (64 bit) at all? Another thinking is will the 64 bit SQL Server 2008 + Win2008 be a good combination which highly promot...

Sharing records query
Hi I wanted to know when an account is shared with a team does all the entities related to the account get shared also. I mean the opportunity, contact , orders, quotes etc get shared too.or is it just the account information. Please advice. Thanks ...

Take a look at the corrective package
--vkppotrymbvj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ozgpnfcc"; type="multipart/alternative" --ozgpnfcc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vcmpsythuqwndp" --vcmpsythuqwndp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain t...

Setting up Messaging clients
We have a currently client (that we recently took over) and they use Windows Messenger w/ Exchange. I don't know if this is normal, but everytime we need to add/remove a user we have to go to each client and manually add/remove the user... Is there an easier way to do this, specifically can the messenger client pull contacts directly from the exchange server? Are the clients using a MAPI client like Outlook? Are the MAPI Clients configured to use Microsoft Exchange Server? Are they using the Global Address List for there default address book? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCN...

Ms Graph Graph axis title
Hi friends, i am using ms access 2003. i have used ms graph in a from. Is there any way to set the x-axis, y- axis titles programatically. i can set them by default by going to chart options and ........., but now my requirement to set them programatically with vba code. Can any body help me? Thank you ...

Record Counting in Excel?
Hi! I have an Access Database with over 10,000 records that I've exported into Excel. My objective is to group and count the occurances of records' results from this raw data. If you could give me formulas & steps to get this result I would be grateful. Thank you in advance! Use a Pivot Table. Help is a good place to start.... -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "ljh3rdid" <ljh3rdid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:639FDFF5-59A7-4660-BF2F-195B9346F140@microsoft.com... > Hi! > > I have an Access Database with over 10,000 records that I&...

Reply to CRM email with 'regarding' field active fails
Hello! I am emailing a client who is using CRM as well. He promotes a message and uses our account in his CRM database as the REGARDING element on the message. I reply to message and get the following error: "The regarding record is invalid or not currently accessible. Change or remove the regarding record." Clearly, I do not have the same account in my db as he does in his. If I change the regarding record (and I will have to in order to reply), then he will have to go through the same, un-tracking, re-tracking process. This seems EXTREMELY time consuming! I understand ...

CRM Email Error 10-23-03

Role Access issue with CRM 1.2
I have a cutstom role in CRM 1.2 that has Organization level rights to Create, Read, & Write contact records. The Problem is that a user assigned this role cannot edit all contact records in the system. I should also say that our current setup of CRM has only one business unit so that is not the issue. With this role users can get to some records not created be them but not all are editable as they should be. Bryan, Make sure the Append and Append To rights are set to global access as well. ~Dave Bryan wrote: > I have a cutstom role in CRM 1.2 that has Organization level rig...

Creating a Grants System using CRM 3.0
I am about to join a project intending to use CRM to drive a Grants Management system rather than a sale and/or marketing system. Has/is anyone been involved in similar? ...

MS MAP
I used to use a map function in excel97 which embedded useful maps onto excel spreadsheets. I can't find it now I have Office2003. Does anyone know if it's available for Excel2003. Matt, this feature is no longer in excel versions newer than 2000, Microsoft now has MapPoint to use with it's office applications, but you will need to purchase it. Have a look here http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/products/default.mspx -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is ...

Problems with emails in MS Outlook 2003
On my laptop I have Ms Outlook 2003 installed and sometimes when I recieve emails from people they look like html code and instead of pictures I get often some random pieces of letters and numbers etc. I looked in the programs options but didn't find anything that helped to solve this problem. Do you guys have any ideas what could be the cause of this? Regards MT It sounds like the message is corrupt so outlook can't properly process it. Are you using an anitvirus scanner on incoming mail? If so, disable it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

No CRM toolbar in Appointment windows
Hello, I have a problem. I do not see CRM toolbar in Outlook Appointment window. In other windows everything is OK . CRM addon is working. I use Office 2007 SP2 with CRM 4.0 UR7 and Windows 7. Any suggestions ? B.I. Not sure if its too late for this reply. I had the same problem, and the fix was as simple as this: 1. Go to Outlook Menubar -> CRM -> Options. 2. On the 'Set Personal Options' dialog, go to the Synchronization tab. 3. Check the 'Appointments I'm attending' checkbox and click OK. The CRM toolbar will be available in Appointments from now on...