isv.config rollback to default value when publish new customization

dear expert,
    Anybody had idea for this problem??

0
msnews
5/8/2005 10:38:43 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"msnews.microsoft.com" <hattha9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> dear expert,
>    Anybody had idea for this problem??

Yes, there is another copy of the ISV.config that gets copied on public -
cant remember where it is. A search will find it, rename it and all will be
fine for the next publish.  I will try and find the exact location and post

0
Mike
5/8/2005 7:13:46 PM
The file should be located in the c:\Program Files\Microsoft
CRM\Tools\Config, or wherever you installed Microsoft CRM.

--
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Mike R" wrote:

> "msnews.microsoft.com" <hattha9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > dear expert,
> >    Anybody had idea for this problem??
> >

> Yes, there is another copy of the ISV.config that gets copied on public -
> cant remember where it is. A search will find it, rename it and all will be
> fine for the next publish.  I will try and find the exact location and post

The isv.config file is one of the files that is republished when you publish
a modification to an entity.  If you Export the Customization from the
Deployment Manager, you will see that the isv.config file xml is at the
bottom of the exported XML file.  If you watch the publication process you
will see the isv.config is over written.

If you want to ensure that the current isv.config file is not replaced in
the publication process.  Follow these steps:

1.  Complete all entity publications. (This ensures that all changes to the
application are set in the Metadata database.)
2.  Replace the existing isv.config with the new edition. (This places you
at the point you were prior to the problem.)
3.  Export the customization by using the Deployment Manager. ( I normally
choose to name the file with a date time group in the file name. "CRM Export
20050509.xml")
4.  Import the customization file you just exported.  (You will get a
message, "You are trying to Import data to the same Sql server you exported
from. Select Yes to clear data from existing tables during the import or No
to  cancel the import.)
5.  Click Yes.  This will replace the metadata for the customization and
will prevent the isv.config file from being overwritten.
6.  Export the customization again and store the file in a safe location.
Saving this file will ensure that if you have to rebuild the CRM server you
will be able to restore all customizations.
--
Eric Notheisen
Culminis, Inc

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> The file should be located in the c:\Program Files\Microsoft
> CRM\Tools\Config, or wherever you installed Microsoft CRM.
>
> --
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Mike R" wrote:
>

> > "msnews.microsoft.com" <hattha9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > dear expert,
> > >    Anybody had idea for this problem??
> > >

> > Yes, there is another copy of the ISV.config that gets copied on public -
> > cant remember where it is. A search will find it, rename it and all will be
> > fine for the next publish.  I will try and find the exact location and post

Also, beware that this "backup" file gets "restored" when you import
cusomtizations via Deployment manager.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Mike R" wrote:

> "msnews.microsoft.com" <hattha9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > dear expert,
> >    Anybody had idea for this problem??
> >

> Yes, there is another copy of the ISV.config that gets copied on public -
> cant remember where it is. A search will find it, rename it and all will be
> fine for the next publish.  I will try and find the exact location and post

0
Matt

new to outlook
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 and a new user. We had a limited number of files or email to be stored in outlook. I am creating a Folders under Inbox so I will just transfer manually what I have receive email from my colleagues. Is there a way telling Outlook to transfer automatically to Folders I have assigned? Do I need a VBA code to accomlish it? Any suggestion or advise is much appreciated. thanks You can transfer automatically through the Rules function in Outlook. Inbox | Tools | Rules and Alerts. New Rule. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "R...

Customer Card and Collections
Customer: We are using Collection Management and Query Builder. I believe that when collection management letters are printed, the customer "notes" is updated to reflect that the letter was sent out. I have a query in which I want to identify a range of customers that are greater than 120 days. I don't want to create letters to the customers but I want to capture a summary of the customers that meet this criteria. I believe I can do this from the Collection Management Report (Aging Amount with Notes). However, I also want the customer card to be updated to reflect that the...

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

Nested If Function to be converted into a user-defined custom function
Dear Experts: below formula (nested if formula) WORKS FINE in EXCEL 2007, but it is not working in 2003 for known reasons (number of conditions exceeding the limit) . I now would like to create a user-defined custom function (UDF) in Excel 2003. I know how to operate the VBA Editor but I got no idea how this nested If-Formula translates into a VBA-code. Could somebody please help me. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Below formula (nested IF-Function...

Impersonation and Custom Event Log
Hi, I have created a Custom Event Log. My ASP.NET application is impersonating a specific Windows Account that currently has no permissions on the web server, apart from Modify access to C:\WINDOWS \Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files. I cannot currently write to the event log. I am using the Logging Application Block. What is the best practice way of writing to the event log when using impersonation? I'd like to do this from within ASP.NET if possible and I want to avoid raising permissions as far as possible. Cheers, James ...

How can I initialize the value?
template < class elemType > class MyArray { public: explicit MyArray( int size = DefaultArraySize ); MyArray( elemType *array, int array_size ); MyArray( const MyArray &rhs ); virtual ~MyArray() { delete [] ia; } bool operator==( const MyArray& ) const; bool operator!=( const MyArray& ) const; MyArray& operator=( const MyArray& ); int size() const { return _size; } virtual elemType& operator[](int index) { return ia[index]; } virtual void sort(); virtual elemType min() cons...

Publisher 2002 , WXP and printer orientation
We had to run a recovery disk for Windows XP, reinstall Publisher 2002, and drivers for a Brother MC1500C printer. It previously printed fine. Now the Publisher docs. will not hold a landscape, legal orientation. It will not show correctly in printer preview. It prints so far and cuts off. However the layout page will show the information. We reinstalled both current drivers and publisher and it still does it. Thanks In news:2b95601c4686c$d2db4a80$a401280a@phx.gbl, Andrea <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > We had to run a recovery disk for Windows XP, reinstall &g...

Complex (for me) checking values in fields to perform calcs in others
Hi all.. I am creating a Cash Flow Projection report in access that inspects the "completed dates" of sheduled draws to calculate a remaining balance, but I am having problems with it. The idea is: --------------------- Iff [Draw1CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw3CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amoun...

Finding/matching custom color in publisher
I am trying to find out what the RGB composition is of a custom color background. I created the color earlier. When I reopen the file it resets to the default palette and it does not include my custom color. How do I find out the RGB of a previously created background color. Download this small utility, it is a color picker, free. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JohnnyP" <JohnnyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8BDFFC-66C8-4D85-8629-43F72DCB4...

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

Default Value problem 02-22-08
Feel a bit silly. I want to insert a =Now() Date field on every new record created via a certain form. I don't want people seeing this info. So, I added AphaDate Date field to the table the query for this form is based on. I insert the field on the form and mark it hidden. In the properties for this field on the form, I say the default value =Now() I assume then that any new record created will "stamp" with this date. But it doesn't work When I create the table, add the field to the query and try to set this up, the field shows up as blank no matter what I do. Wha...

Is 2003 and open relay by default?
I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is also a fresh install. Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can I close it? no. by default it is closed to relaying "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d5b01c3d949$36fe2090$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our > company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is > also a fresh install. > > Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can &g...

publisher 97 #8
I have installed MS Publisher 97 on my machine running Windows ME but every time I try to run the program I get the following error message - "Can't load Custom Control DLL.'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSPUBG40.VBX" and the program locks up. I have tried repairing the program in Add and Remove programs in control panel and have unistalled it and reinstalled it - all without success. Is there a way to overcome this problem? Rename the MSPUBG40.VBX to MSPUBG40.old and drag a new instance from your CD. Be sure the file is in the c:\windows\system folder. If the VBX file is damage...

Doing a VLOOKUP (probably using the INDEX and MATCH function), with both vertical and horizontal values in play.
I am trying to create a function that will pull in data from a 2nd spreadsheet. Typically, I use the index and match function to do so. However, in this case, I am trying to do a lookup based on a value above (i.e., horizontal) and a value to the right (i.e., vertical) of the cell in which the formula will be placed. Additionally, the sheet from which I am pulling is similarly laid out. To Provide an example. Lookup Table Months (horizontal) Jan Feb Mar Apr Etc Names(vertical) Jeff Eric 5 Steve ...

How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?
When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different database, is there a way to highlight the new lines? ...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

moving users to new cluster server
I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox method? What is the best way to do this? On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:13 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote: >I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one >server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 >storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox >method? What is the ...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919@gmail.com Thanks Kris I would hope that most people on this group would take the time to study for these exams and pass them honestly otherwise whats the point? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431230.275661.283440@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi Folks , > If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , > Please...

SOP Invoice: Custom footer based on logged in user or customer cla
I've been asked to determine if its possible to conditionally print footers on SOP Invoices to indicate the contact info of the person responsible for the client company. I was looking at either using the current logged in user or the class of the customer to determine which info to include. Can anyone point me to a KB article or some other source that can show me how to do this? Unforunately the user-defined fields in the customer record have already been dedicated to something else. TIA! VinceV You can attach some VBA code to the report and use the RetrieveGlobals.dll supplie...

Default Workgroup Information File
What's the difference between the two following choices using Security Wizard? "I want to make this my default workgroup information file." & "I want to create a shortcut to open my security-enhanced database." Does one of these apply this security to all databases? I noticed that it applies the security to my backup database that I keep on my desktop. The security is originally applied to a database that I keep in a shared network file. -- julostarr "julostarr" wrote: > What's the difference between the two following choices using Secu...

How to insert excel doc into publisher doc
HELP! I have tried everything I know to enter an Excel doc into a Publisher file and it just doesn't work. PLEASE HELP! There muct be a way... Thanks! Kristal How about opening the Excel document and copy and paste the data into your Pub doc? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "KristalWick" <KristalWick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04A735EB-6047-45DB-BE1C-06F6D8964C14@microsoft.com... > HELP! > I have tried everything I know to enter an Excel doc into a Publisher file > and it just doesn't work. PLEASE HELP! There muct be a...

create customize trendlines
How do you create customize trendlines (w/o doing any additional spreadsheet calculations)? For example, Excel gives you the option of plotting y=m(lnx)+b. I might like to plot y=m(logx)+b instead. Does anyone know any easy way to do this using the trendline option (I've seen graphing programs where you can edit existing curve fits or creat new ones.)? Thanks! ...

New filegroups for the rms database
Are there any plans to break up the database into smaller file groups? Our ..mdf file is well over 30 gigs and the reporting on it sucks. If I where to do this myself would the upgrades still work with muliple filegroups? thanks hi Darwin, there is no link in upgrade that how many physical file groups you have and how many multiple files you have created for your database the only it looks is the logical name of database. so when you perform the upgrade you need logical name of db. I hope you understand this clearly. "darwin" wrote: > Are there any plans to break up th...