Is there a way to disable Synchronizing Contacts Globally

We are testing the Outlook CRM Client and we have decided that we don't want
our employees to synchronize the Contacts from CRM.  Is there a way to
globally disable this from either the server, when the clients installed, or
through a registry change?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you can stop them going offline through a security role

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft

"Dan N" <Dan N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are testing the Outlook CRM Client and we have decided that we don't
> want
> our employees to synchronize the Contacts from CRM.  Is there a way to
> globally disable this from either the server, when the clients installed,
> or
> through a registry change?

0
John

AD User Account does not appear in Global Address List
Just in the last few days, new user accounts/mailboxes setup in AD are not showing up in the Global Address List. The RUS usually automatically stamps the user account Email Addresses tab with a SMTP, MS, and X.400 address, but the list is blank. The Recipient Policies haven't changed. I can manually enter the addresses into the Email Addresses tab, but the mailbox still doesn't appear in the GAL. Is there something wrong with RUS? Any ideas to troubleshoot? I have created multiple users in different OU's. I've also assigned them to different storage groups on ...

Want to copy / backup just contacts
What is the file name where Outlook stores the contacts? And where is it stored? All Outlook data is stored in the same file. The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d2101c3b2ab$9182b540$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is the file name where Outlook stores the contacts? > And wher...

Outlook Contacts #23
Hi All, I am not sure this will be easy to explain, but here goes anyway. I am trying to set up each persons computer in the office to access their personal contacts as well as the company contacts by simply clicking on the "Contacts" navigation pane in Outlook 2003. As it is now, the only contacts that appear in the "Contacts" navigation pane are each persons personal contacts. The only way to access the company contacts are through our public folder or through the address book. Is there a way to link to the server stored company contacts directly to the Contacts navi...

Insert/Database disabled
Hello OS: Win XP SP3 App. FrontPage 2002 With Frontpage open I want to Insert a database. However Database is disabled (greyed out). How do I enable the Database item? Regards Mike You need to open FP on a server based web site (not a disc based web sit) that supports databases -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Mike Faulkner" <MikeFaulkner@discussions.microsoft.com...

Disable outgoing mails
Hi I need to restrict some Exchange 2003 SP1 mailboxes account for that they only could recive mails from anywhere and not send messages Is this possible ? Thanks -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 9143 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:26:38 -0300, "JAV" <mask@impsat1.com.ar> wrote: >Hi > > I need to restrict some Exchange 2003 SP1 mailboxes account for that >they only could recive mails from anywhere an...

Sending via different email account depending on Contact
Is it possible in OL2003 to automatically choose an email account to send from depending on whom the contact you are sending to? (I know I can click on Account in the drop down list and choose which one to use, but was hoping of an automatic way of this happening depending on domain) e.g. If I send an email to joe-just-a-test@company123.com then the email account chosen to send email is company123 Thanks No, Outlook can't do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Out...

disabling CUT function
hi guys, my workmates are cutting in a spreedsheet and removing borders etc. how can i stop the cut function. regards keef ere's some code that does the trick, along with disabling drag and down and the ability to turn D&D back on. Sub DisableCuts() Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) ''Cut If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then For Each oCtl In oCtls oCtl.Enabled = False Next End If Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522) ''Options If ...

Is it possible to synchronize data from an SQL table to an Exchange Server
Is it possible to have a replication or synchronization between contact info stored in an SQL db's table and the Contacts or Public folders of an Exchange Server. Sure - programmatically, it can be done. Check out MSDN for more info. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "D Gauthier" <dgauthier_nospam@nospam-liaison-intl.com> wrote in message news:A5wZb.3163$Hg4.1407@chiapp18.algx.net... > > Is it possible to have...

Terminate in an unusual way
I am running Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I have 2 users set up on my computer. When opening Microsoft Outlook, I get the following error message: Outlook.exe This application has requested to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks, Seelie On 04 May 2004 16:14, "Seelie" wrote: >I am running Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I have >2 users set up on my computer. >When opening Microsoft Outlook, I get the following err...

Unable to save .vcf as contacts in address book
I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a contact in the address book. I can forward the email to a client with Outlook 2003 and am able to save just fine then. We are running Symantec AV v.9 if that makes any difference. I was unable to find anything about this on the symantec site. Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a > contact in the address book. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > >> I a...

Emails not being received by new contacts
Every time I send an email from outlook 2007 to a new email address that I have neither received an email from or sent an email to them before always gets sent to their junk email folder. It took me a while to narrow down that this was where they are going, but how do I fix this issue?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "tim" <tbecker[at]vt[dot]edu> wrote in message news:%23e2rPIAsKHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Every time I send an email from outlook 2007 to a new email address that I > have neither received an email from or sent an email to the...

Is there a way to speed up Calculation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have this line of code in my macro: Wks.Range("G3:GA732").Calculate This line of code takes over an hour to execute. The range is all SUMPRODUCT formulae and I have to run the report daily. It takes about 2 hours to run the report. 90% of that is spent executing the "Calculate" code above. What I need to know is this, is there a way to speed-up the Calculating operation or am I stuck with this? Thanks physical limitations get more memory and/or faster cpu -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your...

Importing Contacts 08-16-04
I'm trying to import some contact records from Outlook. Upon execution of the import wizard I receive an error message indicating MS Outlook could not be started, verify that Outlook is installed. But Outlook is installed and running on my client machine. Any ideas why the failure? check the mscrm knowledge base, theres an article about how to fix this,....it involves lowering the activex security on your ie browser........ -gary "Todd" <ttonucci@pdtcom.com> wrote in message news:6ae201c483ad$c6b2bd40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import some contact ...

Easier way to replicate public folders?
Okay, so we just got a new Exchange server. All of the private mailboxes have been moved over to the new server. Now, all that is left to do is to replicate the public folders to the new server. What I have to go to the properties of EVERY Folder, AND subfolder and add 'Server 4' to the replication list. This will take a LONG time, as there are at least 100 folders, and probably a lot more than that. Is there a tool that I can use in Exchange, that will take every folder (& Subfolder) in the public store, and add the new server to the replication list, for each public fo...

Configure contact
I have a ton of names under contacts, but when I open a new e-mail and click on the "to" a select names box opens up and I can't seem to find my contact list. I am using outlook for small busniess and am used to the basic outlook. There's no such thing as "Outlook for small business." Check Help | ABout and tell us what version of Outlook you're using. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Brownie" ...

After upgrade need to move Address book to Contacts
I upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003. Nothing transfered over. Can't find my old e-mails and the contacts is empty too. But The data is in the address book. How do I get it from the Address book to my Contacts. TIA That makes no sense. The Address Book can only show what is in your Contacts Folder. It contains no data. Explain what you mean more completely, please. There must be a Contacts Folder somewhere. How did you "upgrade?" Upgrades always keep the same information store. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Vince" <v.leasher@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in me...

Importing Contacts
I have a LARGE contact list that I need to import into some type of address list. So far the best way is to create a contact OU and import them into there using CSVDE. Is this the best way? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the proper format. I have the file in CSV format. I think all i have to do is put the proper headers on it and import it. Thank You On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:59:08 -0800, Tbaker <Tbaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a LARGE contact list that I need to import into some type of address >list. So far the best way is to create ...

Email contact
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Can I send email contacts to external party instead of vcf ( Vcard ) ? --=20 Edward ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbi...

Backing up Contacts
How can I back up my Vista Windows Mail Contacts? I just want to put them in a folder which I can transfer to a disk when I back up my data. Thanks Drew The Windows Mail contacts are just plain text files in a folder.... C:\Users\<yourlogin>\Contacts. Just include this folder in your backups. Additionally, you might want to export the contacts into a CSV file for additional protection. In WM, open Contacts, Export - CSV, etc. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote i...

Global contact setup
We are setting up a exchange 2003 server running on W2k03. Is there a way to add a picture of the person into the global contact list? Craig: There was a previous posting on how to do this. I forget which newsgroup it was in. It mentioned something about adding a new attribute with a binary data type or something. Anyway, have you considered the impact of this? A 5 KB picture for 5,000 people will add at least 25 MB to your AD databases. Not to mention that you probably need to extend the schema also. Regards, Martin "craig chang" <craigdchang@yahoo.com> wrote in message...

Contacts Section on Outlook XP/2K3
I am a bit concerned and not sure if someone has posted anything like this issue? I have a company contacts - which I have saved over the past. Well, the company was acquired by another company so the name has changed! And I have looked inside between 2 versions - XP and 2K3, and I don't see anything like Search and Replace. Since I have more than 100+ names with the same company. It would be very silly for me to go through all the names and update this 1 record at a time. I am new to Visual Basic and I don't know if you folks have created such a script to perform such a t...

sending e-mail to selected contacts in CRM-outlook
Hi all of you, I am looking for a solution for the following issue: In a non-profit organisation we work a lot with many different ‘commissions’, workgroups or projects. These commissions have members with different roles (like member, chairman, old-member). I created two new entities: Commissions and Members to link persons to a certain commission. This works fine. Know we want to sent e-mails to the members of the commity. So we have a selection of members under the commission and would like a button ‘sent e-mail’, this should create one e-mail activity with all the selected member...

Contact Ribbon
The DELETE option in the Actions box of the Contact tab is right next to the SAVE & CLOSE option. I have allready deleted 2 of my contacts. It seams they should have put the delete option in a safer place? I am aware that the ribbon can not be changed. I am a new user to Office 07 and will probably become more carfull as time goes on. Is there a way to undo delete? Is there any other way to get the Contact back other than locating the information and re-entering it? thanks Paul Might I suggest just clicking the "x" to close and then answer "Yes" t...

Sync WLM and Google Contacts
Since I have an Android Phone my contacts reside on Google GMAIL.. I really like using WLM desktop to manage all of my email accounts but I would sure like a way to Sync my Contacts there with my Google Contacts so they would be accessible on my phone as well instead of having to enter the information in two different places. Is there some kind of add-on or gizmo that I could use that would keep the data live instead of having to export and import ?? The same would go for the Calendar too.. I could enter something on my WLM desktop calendar and have it remind me on m...

OL2003 only partially recognizes contacts
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 on a new machine, and copied my PST file from OL2000 over. Then I removed the default PST file Outlook created and when I launched Outlook, it prompted me to fine the PST file. I have always used this method, which I read on google, to point OL to my data store. I set up OL2003 so that I can send mail from home. I'm not using Exchange, just a POP account. Emailing works fine. MY PROBLEM is: I can see all of my contacts, but when I type in names in the "To:" box, none of them resolve. When I start typing in a name that I know is in the Contacts l...