Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0

We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing
orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation
suggests.

The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory
location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
field within GPS.

Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to GPS
then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?

Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)

Thanks for any help.

DB

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hey DB,

I am assuming that by inventory locations you are referring to GP inventory
sites. In such case in this connector you can do following:

1. you can set a default using Setting and administration tool, if you don't
want your CRM user to enter it in CRM.
2. With this release now your CRM user can specify an inventory site in CRM
Order itself. Not only this in real time they can view quantity available on
each of this site in GP for specified product. This information is retrieved
in real time from GP.
3. CRM user now can specify a default site in CRM order at header level or
can specify Inventory site at product line item level.

So now your CRM users can create an order with different Inventory sites for
diffrent line items and that too after verifying quantity availability.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Subodh

"DBrothers" wrote:

> We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
> between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing
> orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
> consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation
> suggests.
>
> The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory
> location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
> appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
> channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
> field within GPS.
>
> Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
> Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to GPS
> then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?
>
> Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> DB

Hi,

All these features have been added in new CRM connector with GP, which will
integrate CRM 3.0 and GP 8.0/9.0. But these features are not available in
CRM integration 1.2

Thanks,
Debarghya

"Subodh Kumar" <SubodhKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey DB,
>
> I am assuming that by inventory locations you are referring to GP
> inventory
> sites. In such case in this connector you can do following:
>
> 1. you can set a default using Setting and administration tool, if you
> don't
> want your CRM user to enter it in CRM.
> 2. With this release now your CRM user can specify an inventory site in
> CRM
> Order itself. Not only this in real time they can view quantity available
> on
> each of this site in GP for specified product. This information is
> retrieved
> in real time from GP.
> 3. CRM user now can specify a default site in CRM order at header level or
> can specify Inventory site at product line item level.
>
> So now your CRM users can create an order with different Inventory sites
> for
> diffrent line items and that too after verifying quantity availability.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Cheers
> Subodh
>
> "DBrothers" wrote:
>
>> We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
>> between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when
>> placing
>> orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
>> consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration
>> documentation
>> suggests.
>>
>> The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one
>> Inventory
>> location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
>> appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
>> channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
>> field within GPS.
>>
>> Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
>> Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to
>> GPS
>> then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?
>>
>> Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> DB

0
Debarghya
4/7/2006 6:42:37 AM
Thank you both for your responses.  They were quite helpful.

David Brothers.

"Debarghya Mandal" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> All these features have been added in new CRM connector with GP, which will
> integrate CRM 3.0 and GP 8.0/9.0. But these features are not available in
> CRM integration 1.2
>
> Thanks,
> Debarghya
>
> "Subodh Kumar" <SubodhKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey DB,
> >
> > I am assuming that by inventory locations you are referring to GP
> > inventory
> > sites. In such case in this connector you can do following:
> >
> > 1. you can set a default using Setting and administration tool, if you
> > don't
> > want your CRM user to enter it in CRM.
> > 2. With this release now your CRM user can specify an inventory site in
> > CRM
> > Order itself. Not only this in real time they can view quantity available
> > on
> > each of this site in GP for specified product. This information is
> > retrieved
> > in real time from GP.
> > 3. CRM user now can specify a default site in CRM order at header level or
> > can specify Inventory site at product line item level.
> >
> > So now your CRM users can create an order with different Inventory sites
> > for
> > diffrent line items and that too after verifying quantity availability.
> >
> > Hope it helps.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Subodh
> >
> > "DBrothers" wrote:
> >
> >> We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
> >> between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when
> >> placing
> >> orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
> >> consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration
> >> documentation
> >> suggests.
> >>
> >> The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one
> >> Inventory
> >> location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
> >> appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
> >> channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
> >> field within GPS.
> >>
> >> Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
> >> Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to
> >> GPS
> >> then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?
> >>
> >> Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.
> >>
> >> DB

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

line chart with NA() values

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

referencing lines and series points
what is the VBA code for referencing to individual points in a line on line graph? i would like to create a macro to change indiviual points shapes and the color or the lines in between them to different color depending on different parameters. is this possible -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39101 Ther easiest way to do this is to first record a macro doing what y...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...