I have a problem when I try to open customization setting after I import an
entity.  The system errored "Invalid XML" "The XML passed to the platform is
not well-formed XML".  Please recommend how to resolve this problem.  Thanks.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

Opening Access without Menus displayed
Access 97 I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all the Startup functions etc. The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do not show. Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well? My form close event also quits the application. I intend to provide this as an mde. Any ideas gratefully appreciated Piri Piri wrote: &...

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

RestrictAnonymous Registry setting
What should I be setting this to If I have a NT4.0, Exchange 5.5 sp4 system that is a BDC? This is a single domain site Here is article about the setting The RestrictAnonymous registry setting controls the level of enumeration granted to an anonymous user. If RestrictAnonymous is set to 0 (that is, the default setting), any user can obtain system information, including: user names and details, account policies, and share names. Anonymous users can use this information in an attack against your system. The list of user names and share names could help potential attackers identify who is an adm...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

Cannot open earlier version of access database
I'm trying to open Northwind database with MS Access 2003. The problem is that a dialog box appears prompting me to go to Database > Tools > Convert Database, however, the dialog box re-appears over a couple of times and disallows the user from doing anything within MS Access. If you are getting the Convert dialog you will need to convert the database to the version that you are working in and save it and then open it next time instead of the original file. During the convert process it will not change the original file. It will make a NEW copy for you to use. I wonder w...

Writing custom recupient policy
I need to write a custom recipient policy for contacts. I have defined the policy no problem using this formula %g%1s@domain.com However, in several cases where users first names are the same and the last name begins with the same letter I get BillG@domain.com and BillG2@domain.com These are GroupWise contact that are coming across as part of a larger migration. The Full Name of the Exchange contact is the distinct identifier in the Novell system. So the email address should be BillG@domain.com and BillGa@domain.com Again based off the contact objects Full Name field. I can not f...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

problem customizing toolbars
Hi everyone I'm trying to customize my outlook toolbars (in the new message area). When I click View > Toolbars > the customize option is greyed out. Not sure why. All I want to do is add and remove some buttons to the toolbars. I'm using Outlook 2000. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps Helen Place your cursor in the message first; not in the Header lines. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Helen" <anonym...

How to modify the associated entities for an existing custom entit
I have several custom entities where the Activities checkbox was not selected in the Associated Entities section when they were originally defined. I need to enable this option now but the checkbox is disabled. I exported my custom entities to an XML file, changed the <HasRelatedActivities> value from False to True and re-imported the customizations with out any luck. The process completed without errors, however, the changes did not take effect. Is there any way for me to change this without recreating the entity from scratch? I would like to avoid having to recreate all the ...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...

Error while creating custom entity
Hi I am trying to create a custom entity. After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am trying to save it, i am getting the following error: " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". Help appreciated. Thanks Same issue here. Currently I'm busy troubleshooting, but no results yet. I tried the following without result: Enable logging by adding keys to the registry: LogPerfData: filename LogPerfDataDetails: 1 LogPerfDataLevel: 2 Repare CRM by using the installation disk. Did you make any progress resolvi...

Setting up mailbox Resources
We are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Our users mailboxes were setup via active directory. We want to set up our mailbox resources so that: - Conference Rooms, Projectors, Laptops etc can be booked using the meeting resources selection. - resource mailboxes automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations - The Free/busy options are viewable by users. Currently we have not been able to find any information that indicates how this is to be done. From Outlook web we can clearly see that a resource option exits. Any help would be appreciated here Thanks See here: http...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

OutLook Express 2003 is not running for error
I start Outlook for the first time, SP2 was installed before, it is not running at all as I get the msge: The Operation Failed ...

Compile Error in hidden module
I get an error message "Compile error in hidden module AutoExecNew" when I open excel and an error message "Compile error in hidden module DistMon" when I close excel. I have no add-ins checked. I am running Windows XP Home and Office XP Professional. Any help would be appreciated. Bill You obviously have something in a startup folder, look for all startup folders. Also have you installed someting lately? I know that Adobe Acrobat writer used to cause start up errors although I think you can download a fix from Adobes site -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Willia...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

Unable to open address book
Every time I try to open my address book in microsoft outlook, The computer says "the address book has been either deleted or you dont have permission to open the address book. I have the proper permissions. I dont know how to correct the problem. I tried to re-create the address book , but to no avail. Please help me. Sincerely Gary Monetta Post your Outlook version so we can answer you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00b701c3c57c$adb12470$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to open my address book in micr...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Write XML and simulataneously verify
Hi I have a XSD and an app. that gives some output which I need to be formatted in XML format(schema being a pre-defined XSD). I know how to write an XML file using XMLTextWriter and also to validate it using using XMLValidator. But is there a way to validate simulatenously as the XML is being written using XMLTextWriter?? Best Wishes -Aayush Validating XmlWriter doesn't exist yet. The only way you can do schema validation is to use XmlValidatingReader on top of XmlTextReader. My suggestion is to save output into text stream and reparse it with XmlValidatingReader. Yan "Aayush P...

outlook settings #3
I have three email accounts (myself, my wife, and daughter) whenever an email comes in regardless of the name it was sent to, all three accounts recieve the email. My internet provider has checked all there stuff and tell me it is an issue with the software. I have no idea how to reconfigure my outlook program to eliminate this problem. ...

Out of memory error when printing
Running Windows 98. Upgraded Office 2000 to Office XP. Fully patched OS and Office. Everything works fine except when trying to print from Outlook. Immediately generates a "Out of Memory or Resources ..." Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill ...

Flat files to XML
Hello all, How can I convert unstructured flat files into structured XML? Are there any scientific articles and tools that handles this subject? Bye, hakhan Check out http://tinyurl.com/4vgn8 creating custom XmlReaders is a nice way to deal with with CSV or Fixe width files, although don't know exactly what you mean by unstructure files.. - jsm3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1165932.htm ...

Customizing Packing Slips
What is the best, or should I say EASIEST way to customize the packing slip template. The options available through properties are not enough. Or, can anyone tell me if labels are available that fit the template available in RMS. Any help would be appreciated. I need shipping labels to print, and I just can't figure out what to do. I do not ship UPS or FED EX, just US local mail--so I can't use those shipping options. Thanks. ...