Interested in Microsoft CRM

My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing
MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of
our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that
can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far
as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution was
useful without customization or was there customization to the product.  If
there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi, I work for a Microsoft Business Solutions Partner in Southern California.

Any consultant would to a functional spec to acertain the goals and needs of
the client.

Microsoft has an outline for CRM Implementation Methodology called the ITK
or Implementation Tool Kit.

There is an "Envisioning" process that would entail identifying the business
processes and bounderies of authority and responsibilty in the organization.

The firm that I work at has received the VAR award as well as Microsoft
Field Implementation awards, so we have a good deal of experience in adapting
MSCRM and the object model to a firm.

Since CRM intergrates with Great Plains, it is a good fit.

In addition the object model has been used to create extensive custom
applications for our clients in the financial industry.

I hope this helps.
/:>

"mbeck" wrote:

> My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing
> MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of
> our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that
> can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far
> as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution was
> useful without customization or was there customization to the product.  If
> there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?
A tool that can help you organize your evaluation of CRM is the CRM Needs
Assessment. You can download this tool here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5b32e317-defe-4719-9419-bc771aeecf32&DisplayLang=en

Also, I know Microsoft has a number of case studies, probably some from
financial services industry. Ask your reseller to try to get some of these
for you. The case study itself might have some useful info, but I would also
contact directly the companies mentioned in the case studies.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"mbeck" wrote:

> My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing
> MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of
> our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that
> can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far
> as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution was
> useful without customization or was there customization to the product.  If
> there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?
Hi mbeck
I am working on a similar project. customizing CRM for a bank. Im looking
for some guidelines as well but couldnt find any available till now. looking
at the structures of CRM i can see that it is designed entirely based on
retail concept.
let us exchange ideas and share what we can achieve
Rg,
Shawki

"mbeck" wrote:

> My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing
> MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of
> our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that
> can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far
> as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution was
> useful without customization or was there customization to the product.  If
> there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?
Hi Beck,

I don't know of any specific guidelines for implementing Microsoft CRM in
the financial sector, but this year I was the main responsible consultant of
the analysis phase of an implementation at a big Nordic bank. The solution
was also covering their Investment Advisory business area.

I will share some of my experience from that project with you and other news
users:

1. No development was needed to manage relations with customers and other
business relations. The ability to manage the customer hierarchy through use
of the parent relation type, gave a better overview on the customer
activities in Microsoft CRM, compared with the company's existing situation.

2. The use of Outlook as the CRM client was expected to have huge impact on
the user's learning curve on how to use the solution. Planning the
implementation of the Sales For Outlook Client was not easy though, because
of some struggling with the IT-department. The main reason was no support of
roaming user profiles, complex deployment procedures and the risk of poor
performance when having +300 Sales For Outlook clients. This was dealt with
using some specific not public available hotfixes from Microsoft and
planning special deployment routines for the Microsoft CRM Sales For Outlook
client. I've seen the next version of Microsoft CRM (v.3.0) and it has been
improved a lot on this area, and therefore our struggles might not be an
issue to be concerned of after the release of Microsoft CRM v.3.0.Until
then - use the browser client for implementing solutions with a large number
of users or if terminal server environments or roaming user profiles must be
supported.

3. The main purpose was to implement a more effective contact relation
sharing and knowledge sharing in general between employees. One focus area
related to this was how to manage customer and deal team activities and
roles. For this the concept of sharing records with users and teams in
Microsoft CRM fits out of the box. Mainly because it also gives you control
of access levels when sharing. Depending on how your company works in teams,
you should expect some development to extend the customer specific
information you want to add to a team or a users - but this is very easy to
do in a supported way, to support upgradeability to coming versions of
Microsoft CRM..

4. A very important step when planning the implementation is to plan your
Business Units to support your security demands on restricting data access
to users. We designed a Business Unit hierarchy that supported Chinese Wall
and Given Consent principles. Chinese Wall is for isolating data for one
division or department. The reason for wanting to isolate data can be
related to law or stock exchange relations - I'm sure you might have many
other reasons for doing this. The given consent principle is for managing
accept from companies to share their information between departments across
country borders. You might have different but similar acceptance dependent
information sharing limitations you want to manage. Some minor development
may be needed to optimise the management of this feature.

5. Document collaboration was designed to be handled in SharePoint -
supporting checking documents in and out, document versioning, subscribing
on alerts (get an e-mail if documents are added or changed), adding metadata
for reporting on documents, enhanced search engine for documents etc.. An
integration between Microsoft CRM and SharePoint was designed for this
project. This gave a lot of possibilities for sharing documents related to a
project or customer. This way other departments, like legal departments, are
able to access, update or add documents without having a Microsoft CRM user
license. A more effective process for assuring that all customer and project
(e.g. deals) related documents are going to be archived the right place, no
matter if you are a CRM user or a non-CRM user.

6. Combining SharePoint and InfoPath documents added flexibility to extend
Microsoft CRM with 'entity-like' forms without development in Microsoft CRM.
To add forms using InfoPath, enabled flexibility on transporting form-based
data to persons delivering or needing input related to the form documents.
Examples on forms implemented using InfoPath could be: customer strategy,
enhanced wallet size calculation/estimation or detailed visiting reports.

7. Sales forecast, pipeline and sales related activity planning can be
implemented using the standard customisations features related to the
Opportunity supported by Workflow Manager.

8. Until Microsoft CRM v.3.0 is released the solution will come a bit short
when planning and executing campaigns and events. We decided to design an
add-on using Microsoft technology (.Net, IIS, Microsoft SQL database and
Microsoft SQL Notification Services). This turned out to give a vide area of
possibilities in regard to managing invitations, participant lists,
follow-up activities, response, accommodation planning, special activities
related to an event (dinner, sessions, tracks, party, trips, etc.), managing
flights for participants and some other features needed.

9. You should plan to use a lot of time for analysing and planning the
integration from Microsoft CRM to the company's legacy systems. The
difference between success and failure of the project, does in some way rely
on how you implement an effective integration with the legacy systems. In
integration that supports the business processes in the best way possible
and that convinces the users that the numbers an data they see in Microsoft
CRM are the most updated ones in the company. Using the Microsoft CRM SDK,
you will be able to develop strong web service oriented integration points
to all your platforms and systems. I suggest that you choose to use the
simplest design possible when designing your integration architecture.
Stress the differences between 'need to have' and 'nice to have' integration
points and flows.

9. At the end, one of the most important factors for deciding to use
Microsoft CRM compared to other alternatives (there are other alternatives
out there...), was based on strategically considerations. The customer and
my company are convinced that Microsoft CRM we will see an intense
development and enhancement of the product over the coming years. The
partner channel is huge and the platform (.Net) is well known all over the
world with a lot of resources for developing add-ons and industry solutions.
Therefore your investments are not only investing in a CRM application, but
in a platform for managing business relations and for delivering important
information to the management when sailing the company through the sea of
business.

That was my words - hopefully they are worth the time it takes to read them.

Kind regards,

Henning B. Treichl

(WM-data, Denmark)

"mbeck" <mbeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in
> implementing
> MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion
> of
> our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business
> that
> can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as
> far
> as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution
> was
> useful without customization or was there customization to the product.
> If
> there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?

0
Henning
7/25/2005 11:54:33 AM
Hello,
Our company created nice tool that allows smooth integration between CRM and
Sharepoint (SPS or WSS). For example, it allows to automatically create a
site for every new created account (or lead or opportunity) by predefine
Sharepoint template.

you can see a short demo on http://www.g-s.co.il/media/wssgenerator.wmv

Please contact me if you have any further questions or interested in this
solution

Regards,
Mickey
mickey@g-s.co.il

"mbeck" wrote:

> My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing
> MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of
> our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that
> can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far
> as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution was
> useful without customization or was there customization to the product.  If
> there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?
GaleForce specializes in MS CRM solutions for financial services firms. You
might want to check them out at www.galeforcesolutions.com.

Good luck!

"mbeck" wrote:

> My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing
> MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of
> our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that
> can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far
> as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution was
> useful without customization or was there customization to the product.  If
> there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?
In the interest of disclosure, it should be noted that Kirk does work for
GaleForce.

Kirk:  Bad form to post a plug w/o at least owning up to it.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"mbeck" wrote:

> My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in
implementing
> MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion
of
> our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business
that
> can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as
far
> as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution
was
> useful without customization or was there customization to the product.
If
> there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?

0
Matt
11/30/2005 3:58:50 AM
Fair enough, first time I've ever posted and I was unaware of the protocol.
Thank you for pointing this out Matt.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> In the interest of disclosure, it should be noted that Kirk does work for
> GaleForce.
>
> Kirk:  Bad form to post a plug w/o at least owning up to it.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "KHerrington" <KHerrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> GaleForce specializes in MS CRM solutions for financial services firms. You
> might want to check them out at www.galeforcesolutions.com.
>
> Good luck!
>
> "mbeck" wrote:
>
> > My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in
> implementing
> > MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion
> of
> > our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.  Are
> > there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business
> that
> > can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as
> far
> > as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the solution
> was
> > useful without customization or was there customization to the product.
> If
> > there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?

No problem.  BTW, happened to see a demo today of your v3 product.  Seems
like you guys have soem nice features in there.

--

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> In the interest of disclosure, it should be noted that Kirk does work for
> GaleForce.
>
> Kirk:  Bad form to post a plug w/o at least owning up to it.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "KHerrington" <KHerrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> GaleForce specializes in MS CRM solutions for financial services firms.
You
> might want to check them out at www.galeforcesolutions.com.
>
> Good luck!
>
> "mbeck" wrote:
>
> > My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in
> implementing
> > MS CRM.  This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory
portion
> of
> > our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization.
Are
> > there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business
> that
> > can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience
as
> far
> > as usage of this solution?  Also, can you comment on whether the
solution
> was
> > useful without customization or was there customization to the product.
> If
> > there was customization, then how much (% amount) and why?

0
Matt

problem and solution for MS CRM 3.0 outlook client
Hello, I installed the CRM 3.0 outlook client, and when I restarted outlook it gave the following error messages: There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." I used network monitor to determine that the server was sending back an 401 unauthorized error to the SOAP request WhoAmI. The solution i...

Norton Internet Security 2006 and CRM 3.0 oulook Client
Hiya All, I'm new to the group and this is my first post - so please let me know if I vae inadvertently breached the group's etiquette. I run a Small Business Server 2003 with CRM 3.0 and Exchange - patched to SBS sp1. I have a problem with a rougue Outlook client .. this particular client runs Norton's Internet Security 2006. This box was also recently rebuilt completely with XP SP2. When Norton's is running, http://crm and http://companyweb is unavailable - Explorer window disappears completely. IP address of SBS box is added to nortons as an "Allowed" IP. This i...

Problems installing the CRM 3.0 Fat Client
We have problems with installing the CRM 3.0 Fat Client. Thin Client and Web Browser are functioning properly. With the fat client there is an error message: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." The following things have we done without sucess: : "If adding the http://crmserver to Trusted Sites does not fix this problem for you - I resolved this same problem on a laptop running Office/Outlook 2003 SP-2. In Outlook, go to Tools, Options, ...

Access to Crm from Crm Server
I Can login me only with ip adress and not with the name of the site ONLY ON THE SERVER, from clients they works both properly . The server is w2k3 sp1, anyone can tell me why?? Try flushing the DNS on the server Open a Command window and type ipconfig /flushdns -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "fc3" wrote: > I Can login me only with ip adress and not with the name of the site ONLY ON > THE SERVER, from clients they works both properly . > > The server is w2k3 sp1, anyone can tell me why?? I haven't any cache to cancel because the client dn...

The Microsoft agreement error
The Microsoft agrrement keeps coming up even and i agree to the question. end user agreement comes up to accept every time I open word, excel or outlook I am using 2003, I had to reinstall this on my new computer running win 7 after I accept it I can use it when I close down and try to open it again I get the message "You must accept the end user agreement" Anyone can help me on this I can not open my templates in Quick Books Pro. Log on to the computer as Administrator and accept the EULA. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to ava...

Microsoft CRM could not validate this instance of SQL Server ------HELP!
We get the above error when trying to install CRM on a WIn2K Server running SQL 2000 SP3a. We are trying to install with an administrator account which has local admin accounts on this box. Microsoft CRM support is lost. Any helpers?? PLEASE! BJ Did you install SQL before or after promoting the server to a DC? If so, try re-installing SQL. The SQL install makes changes to AD that are needed by CRM. It has to do with how the authentication schemes work. http://groups.google.nl/groups?hl=nl&lr=&threadm=cdoc405c085kpfgqmqg372sghdvhqmvjc7%404ax.com&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D...

CRM Queue #2
Hi, Anybody can helpl to know... Is it possible to alert if any email comes to the CRM queue Thanks, SAB Create workflow triggered on create event of email where direction = incoming and email address = the queue email address :-) Roger "SyedAbdulbasith" wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can helpl to know... > Is it possible to alert if any email comes to the CRM queue > > Thanks, > SAB ...

CRM slow 08-08-07
I have just installed CRM v3 onto a new server with sql 2000. When using the web interface or the outlook client the performance is to slow to use. When the web client first opens and I click on Companies it can take 20 to 30 seconds to load. I have the same problem with contacts. I have already put update 2 on to the system to see if this helps but it did. Does any one have any more suggestions to try Hello. Did you install the caching tool on server?: http://blogs.msdn.com/joris_kalz/archive/2006/08/09/Caching-Tool.aspx Hope it helps. Rene "Giggabyte" wrote: > I have ju...

The Cold War Between Microsoft and Apple Heats Up
Great article and links to some very good discussions. Articles discuss the placement of the MacBU in the home/entertainment division of Microsoft and future ramifications. The question "Who is to blame for lack of Mac Office enterprise support" also is debated at length. Worth the time and certainly the price of admission. <http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/iblog/B992311189/C1544835642/E20050926215354/index.html> Thanks for posting this, mmmmark. Very interesting links. On 9/27/05 7:26 AM, "mmmmark" wrote: > Great article and links to some very goo...

Cannot add specific user in CRM 4.0
CRM 4.0 working fine (upgraded from 3.0 few months ago). A new AD user created last week and I'm trying to create them in CRM 4.0 and get error "an error has occurred." That's about as detailed as it is. No error in any event logs on my machine or CRM server. I checked AD and that user now appears in the AD groups Reporting Group and User Group, so it did part of the setup. I was able to successfully add another user in CRM without an error. We need to get this user going in CRM. When I typed in their network login then tabbed off, it filled in everything, so t...

Installing CRM 04-03-07
I am getting an error message when verifying the environment for the install that the instance name must be the same name as the computer name. I must not be understanding, perhaps someone could explain how to accomplish this seeming easy task. Is your SQL Server setup to "Default" or "Name" instance? "Default" instance is supported. You will want to contact Microsoft CRM Support if you would like help with "Name" instance support. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Chris Romano&...

Microsoft Office 2004
I have the CD, the original packaging, but the CD box is missing - so too therefore the product key. Please advise me, am I able to get a valid product key without having to buy a new version? Thanks, Lesley You need to contact Microsoft Product Support Services to request a new key. You will need proof of ownership. <http://support.microsoft.com/> On 7/16/08 1:43 PM, in article 873ee0b157aa1@uwe, "LesleyF" <u44879@uwe> wrote: > I have the CD, the original packaging, but the CD box is missing - so too > therefore the product key. Please advise me, am I able to ...

Custom web page for CRM
I am currently calling a custom ASP.net page from CRM. The problem that I am having is that when I call the custom page and it it reference to a test box(I developed the page from) I have no problem but when I use the deployment project to deploy my web page to the CRM server I am having some issues. When I call the custom page, the parent pages load fine but when I try to enter in new data into my custom page, the page will not save the entries and when I try to refresh the data I get "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I think i...

One more Review question from Microsoft Press(exem 70-536)
Hi! Here is the question: "Which of the follwing are valid reasons to create an application domain ?" (Choose all that apply) A. It is the only way to launch a separe process. B. You can remove the application domain to free up resources. C. Application domain improve performance. D. Application domain provide a layer of separate separation and sequrity. According to the book is the correct answer B and D. My comment I do aggre to these two answers but also want to add answer C. I mean if you use processes instead of app domain and have 10 processes for 10 identi...

Microsoft Office 2007
How do I get my PC to recognize I do have a valid copy of Office 2007? Started getting the error stating "This copy of Microsoft is not genuine" after a security update from Microsoft was downloaded. Everything was fine prior to that. -- Bill8971 One thing you could try is to uninstall the update if you think that was the problem. Open Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, click Show Updates on the top of the window. Updates show the installed date so you don't have to guess which one it was. Here is some info on the Validation - http://www.microsoft.com/genuin...

CRM integration with MOSS: tracking emails in CRM stored in a MOSS list
Hello, I have a question concerning integration of MOSS and CRM, and I would like to ask your opinions on best ways of doing it: In my company, we are currently using Exchange public folders to receive emails with attachments from clients. We are planning to deploy both CRM and MOSS in our organisation. However, we would like to make use of MOSS libraries to store emails (in the same way we're doing with Exchange public folders at the moment), but ALSO make use of CRM to tag these emails with a tracking ID. Question: Can we combine these features? If so, what would be the best pr...

CRM Mobile sync issues
Greetings, As of last Thursday, CRM Mobile was successfully syncing on a Dell Axim. For some unknown reason, this week it doesn't sync. I've verified that: - Using Microsoft's Diagnostic tool for CRM Mobile, we can successfully connect to the 3 sites on both the handheld and the server. - The WLAN is disabled. - Nothing has changed on the server side in the last week (certificates did not expire, all CRM services are running). Does anyone have an idea as to why the handheld won't sync anymore? Michael Losapio TwinEngines, Inc ...

Is microsoft getting away from MSMQ?
My boss said that microsoft is getting away with MSMQ. I want the feedback from you experts .... Plz comment .... "Mubashir Khan" <mubi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O9shBj5IHHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My boss said that microsoft is getting away with MSMQ. I want the feedback > from you experts .... Although it doesn't have anything to do with MFC... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/msmqfaq.mspx See question #2 -Pete I've heard a lot of seriously bad bug reports so I hope there has been major rework in Vista.....

Microsoft Money 2000 #5
Hallo I am searching for a particular version of Microsoft Money. It is Version 2000 in English It was part of a my Packard Bell computer S/W under win 98 I upgraded my computer to XP and installed Microsoft Money 2004 BUT I CAN NOT READ MY OLD Money files from version 2000 It is also not possible to extract money 2000 from the Packard Bell S/W bundle Please help me. May be you have the english version 2000 available please make it available to me on a peer to peer network Emule or Kazaa Thanks Frits Although you don't say exactly what the problem is i.e. what error message...

Undocumented CRM Bug
We did a reinstall using existing data and noticed that we could not use the "Advanced Find" for Accounts anymore. The advanced find runs from a saved query in the CRM SavedQuery database table. Some of the data was missing. I found samples of the missing data by looking through the rest of the table and corrected it. It works fine now. MS has confirmed that this has happened at least 3 times to other clients when they do a reinstall using existing data. I asked them to put a TK out there - but it sounded like that wasn't going to happen. So I am posting this here. I would...

Please Microsoft block him
Larsen the pest I mean Pete (Northolt UK) | Larsen the pest I mean I think Microsoft is gone by now. Most of the newsgroups have already been shut down on the MS server. Have you not seen the notices posted here? The msnews.microsoft.com NNTP server is closing down. Microsoft wants to control the discussion of their products. They've set up [unusable] web forums where people are required to get a LiveID "tracking collar, and Microsoft employees are in charge of directing and deleting the discussion as they see fit. (Some of the groups, like VB programming, are just...

Adding second lane microsoft pos 2.0 Access Denied problem.
I have microsoft pos 2.0 on a windows vista business machine. I am running a peer to peer network. The second machine with xp pro is the computer im tring to add the second pos system too. The computers are all in the same workgroup and all the firewalls are off. Im still getting an error message "an error occured while attempting to create users and groups for point of sale. " Then it says access denied. I can see the database on the xp vista machine just when I try to login on the xp pro machine it gives me the error message. Any advice is much appreciated. thanks On Jan 1...

interesting question can anyone help
this may not be the right place to ask this but i have an xda 2s pda from O2, is it possible to make it send and automated text message to my contacts at 12pm the day before they are due to meet me for an appointment eg client joe bloggs (contact details are in contacts in the pda synced with outlook) appointment tomorrow at 4 pm automated text reads "joe bloggs your appointment tomorrow is at 4 pm thank you" and so on for all other appointments that day? as i say it may not be the best place to ask the question and i dont even know if its possible any help would be apporechiat...

problem installing crm trial version
I have dowloaded the trial version of the MS crm software but get an error message part way through the install process that says it cannot find some of the sql server components it is looking for (sql server agent service being one). The computer on which I am installing the demo is running SBS 2003 R2 and it has an instance of SQL Express that I use for development and testing which I know to be working. Thank you for you your assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_2A2C8C52 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi there, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online P...

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...