Integration between CRM and GP

I have a custom field for product description in CRM
Orders. Can I map it to Great Plains line item description
using biztalk mapper.

- Raj
0
Raj
6/23/2004 2:50:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

GP 10.0 Fresh Installation
I am trying to install GP 10.0 Trial Version on my laptop. Once when I tried half-way through the installation I had to abort installation. Subsequently after uninstalling all the installed component I restarted installation. Pre-requisite component installation window appears and installs Dextrity components. Next when I try installation using Autorun.inf file I get error "Installation Failed". If I try invoking Setup.exe directly nothing happens. Can someone help me? Hi pvravindran If this is a French Canadian Installation, I would recommend you contact Strophe (www.strop...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.

Track in CRM error 08-18-06
In Outlook, when a user wants to send a message, and the user clicks the "Regarding" button, the user can then pick the account/contact, etc. However, when the user clicks on the send button, the following error is generated: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be creat...

Checking Version/Build of CRM client
The current full version build of the V3C indicates its 3.5300.0.1361. When you check the version in the Outlook client, it displays the first few sections but leaves off the 1361. I'm look for a way to verify if the V3C has in fact been applied to an Outlook client. -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner ...

Integration Manager
We're using the Integration manager to import inventory items in to GP 10.0 and we're getting the following error: "The Item Currency Maintenance window is available only when Multicurrency is registered." The company has been setup as a test company and Multi Currency access has been granted. Any suggestions for getting past this would be greatly appreciated! Thank You. Have you configured the company for a currency? Go to the Financial menu and look at the Multicurrency tasks. Its in setup. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Sof...

security privileges window upon opening GP
Hello: A user in Micorosoft Dynamics GP 9.0 can get into GP but not before getting a nuisance error message saying that he does not have security privileges to open this window. He has all of the minimum secuirty access to the system and company series including the Progress window. I have run through all of the TKs but to no effect. What else could it be? Thanks! childofthe1980s I helped another user recently with this and the message was caused by a form in the HR product. Please see this thread for the troubleshooting steps we used. The posting was Security error when loggin...

CRM 4.0 workflow.config error
Hi, I am getting the following in my trace log in CRM 4.0. "The DotNetAssembly upgrade failed: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Failed validating the workflow.config file. The 'entity' attribute is not declared." The workflow.config is fine and contains a parameter as follows: <parameter name="AccountID" datatype="lookup" entityname="account" attribute="accountid"/> I know that it is calling the workflow step though because an earlier error was fixed when I changed the config of the step. Does anyone know what is going on? CRM 4...

Upgrade GP Macros From 7.5 to 8
Hi can some one tell me what are the changes i have to do in a macro created in GP 7.5 so it will work with GP 8.0 as they are not working of course now. what are the commands i have to change? Hi Version 8 Menu options are different to version 7.5. It might be best to recreate the macro. What is the macro for? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "Nader Yousef" <NaderYousef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A20485C-59E7-4659-88AA-2DFDBF0077AA@microsoft.com... > Hi > > can some one tell me what are the ...

Question on unsupported enhancements to CRM
We have the following requirements: - Ability to generate a one-up number for every new account - Ability to view this number in a readonly textbox so that no one can modify the value. What we are plannign to do for this: - Create a custom field for account. - Generate the account id in a trigger written on accountbase. - Modify the metadata tables to make the custom field appear readonly. This seems to be working in the test environment. While I know this is unsopported, my questions are: - Has anyone done such customization and faced any problems? - Will microsoft stop providing support ...

CRM Localization
Does anybody know which localization are exactly available now for CRM 1.2, please? I have read an article (source is microsoft czech) from october 04 about czech localization of CRM. But I cannot find NO other information about it. ...

How do you serialize a blank value in XML to GP using eConnect?
Hi, I'm trying to save a customer address with a blank ADDRESS2 field to our Great Plains database using eConnect 10 for GP 10. ADDRESS2 has a value in the database, but the user wants to set it to blank (delete it). I update the object, then serialize it, and pass it eConnect. The problem is that the XmlSerializer class serializes only non-empty fields in the eConnect.Serialization.taCreateCustomerAddress_ItemsTaCreateCustomerAddress object to XML. And fields not present in the XML are not overwritten in the database (explained here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb625...

CRM Mobile CA issues
Greetings, I am attempting to load CRM Mobile to a SBS 2003 server. The certificate issuance is causing my problems, (likely a user one). The way I understand it I need to create a Enterprise Level Root Authority using the server .local name and then issue a cert for the CRM site DNS name. When I run CRMMobIPCfg.exe I get several service failures. I can force them up in Service manager but the integration service terminates unexpectedly. Can anyone offer any direction; information on the net is sparse. ------=_NextPart_0001_2DECD42B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enc...

Cases within CRM
Hi, We are currently using a product called Touchpaper to manage our service desk cases. Some of the functionality within there enables us to have 'hot topics' that can be dropped on to a call to auto populate fields for a generic issue. For example if you had a service outage which affects lots of customers then you don't want to type the same thing out over and over for them all. Is there anyway to do something similar within CRM so it will auto populate the data when something is triggered and yuo literally just need to add the customer to the case? Many thanks, There&...

CRM 3.0
I'm having an "unknown error" when syncing contacts with Outlook 2003. Is there a log anywhere that displays more detail about the error? I don't see anything in Event Log. In the mean time, i've been trying to disable the sync of contacts in CRM 3.0. I've unchecked the setting in the CRM options button in Outlook and i've also tried removing the Local Data constraint for contacts but it still is syncing contacts and error out. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_0001_585128C3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Thanks for your ques...

HQ Integration with Small Business Financials
I'm looking for articles on the functionality of the linking RMS Headquarter with Small Business Manager. Mainly interested in understanding how multiple stores are treated and if reporting can be done by store in addition to consolidation of all stores. Also interested in getting feedback from anyone who has implemented this interface. Thanks I think you will see all this come into one soon. The new SBM is coming out mid year, beta now is in test. XX your fingers! mte "Bob DeSteven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ca01c4e2fb$ad7522...