Integrating Windows Application with CRM

Hi

I have a little windows client application which I would like to
integrate with CRM. What I need to be able to do is to read the value
in the field on CRM and use within my windows app.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

I don't want to use a button on CRM as the record may not have been
saved when this needs to be used so I what my third party app to be
able to access the active field on the CRM page

Thanks

Julian
0
Julian
7/18/2004 1:11:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Integrating exchange server 2000 with VSS
Hi Is there any way to integrate exchange server 2000 with visual source safe. Thanks in advance Shaju M.C ...

Integrated Credit Card Processing
This may be of interest if your using Cynergy Data for your processing in RMS. http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews/idUSBNG52850120090901 If information for integrating the credit cards processing thru RMS is needed, contact me via e-mail. Marc Cotton mbcotton@princetonpos.com ...

Rename crm server
Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I rename computer name of crm server? Thanks a lot Renaming your crm server (stand alone CRM server) should be ok. Besure to update the DNS and any network settings in your environment depending on the previous server name. Your Outlook and Web client also needs to be updated. Worst case scenaro - uninstall/reinstall CRM server keeping existing database. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Fanda Koudel" wrote: > Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I > r...

Failing to Verify database in Crystal Reports
I'm trying to create custom reports based on custom fields that I have added to CRM 1.2. I have read in this group that in order to see my custom fields from Crystal I will have to first verify that database. But when I tried to Verify my database I got this error: failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_mscrm.dll' could not be loaded. What I've done is launch Crystal 9.2.2 Pro. and used the 'Enterprise' button to find an exsisting CRM Crystal Report to modify. I then select a report, click the 'database' pull down menu and s...

MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup"
Hi - a frustrating occasional glitch for a network guru... At times on this Win XP Pro machine, MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup" or it finds it after a very long delay and then can't see the other computers. The other computers (Vista and Win7) can generally see this Win XP Pro machine and all our shared arrnagements work fine - 90% of the time. But when the Win XP machine's Windows Network function is playing up those other machines can see each other but not the Win XP machine. Does anyone know what might be causing this... note I have shutd...

System Attendant Error in Application Log (Exchange 2000 + Windows 2000)
I am posting this in the hope that someone will be able to assist me with this issue. I have two Exchange 2000 servers (SP3) running in a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) Active Directory environment. I have seen that I get the following error message logged in the 'Application Log' on the Exchange server by the System Attendant: Source: MSExchangeSA Event ID: 9153 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x80005000' when setting DS notification I have configured the Exchange server as a Global Catalog server, but the Excchange System Manager console does not ...

Outlook conflicting with Windows Mail
I have Vista Business. I get e-mails from Yahoo groups. When I left click Reply to sender or Reply to group I get Outlook opening up to handle it, even though the e-mail is received via Windows Mail. I want that stopped. I use Windows Mail to handle everything, Outlook is just for handling Business contact info until I'm sure I want it permanent. The problem started when I downloaded the trial version of Outlook and it just started doing that BS on its own. How do I get it back to having Windows Mail handle that? Thank you, Mike Tried setting your mail handler in Internet Options...

Excel 2002 in Windows 7 ?
Will Excel 2002 work correctly in Windows 7 ? Jeff See replies to your similar question in microsoft.public.word.newusers. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] <Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com> wrote in message news:%23rMcVhffKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Will Excel 2002 work correctly in Windows 7 ? > > Jeff > > Just looking for reassurance that it will indeed work and that I will not be forced to upgrade. Jeff "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:uaYO7RjfKHA.5792@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... &...

how do i get my workbooks in separate windows?
i need to open my excel application in two seperate windows as they both keep appearing in one window. the tools, options, view, window taskbar thing did not work so i would like to know if anyone has any other ideas. thank you charlene charlene What is "did not work"? If using Excel 2000 there was a bug with the Windows in Taskbar option not sticking when the workbook(s) were shared. Never fixed until Excel 2002 came out. OR do you want to see two actual workbooks side by side in the window? This could be achieved by Window>New Window and Window>Arrange>Vertical. ...

Blackberry email tracking in crm 4.0
Hi, can anyone tell me if blackberry emails are supposed to automatically track within CRM 4.0? We are tracking emails through outlook into crm fine but BB emails are not tracking for some reason. We have our own BES and exchange server. I know you can buy 3rd party software but according to one of the reps of that company, he claimed it should be tracking by itself w/out 3rd party. Is anyone sucessfully doing this? thank you! I am no expert, but I have been working with BB/BES and CRM and up till now what I seen is that email already marked for tracking (i.e. a reply to one marked as t...

Office Clipboard in Office 2007, Windows 7
Hi all, I have a user that for a long time has been using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for photo management, and Word for creation of reports with his photos. This weekend, I upgraded him to Windows 7, and as part of the process upgraded him to Office 2007 SP2, up from the original release. Along the way were several other office updates as well. His original workflow was to crop the photos to his liking in the photo editor, then copy them and paste them directly into his word document. I had seen him do this in past while looking at other issues in word, and it worked. H...

Excel Window Menu
Hi all, I am using Excel 2000 and I am working with over 20 excel files at the same time. The window menu shows only the first 9 files and I want to know if it is possible to see all open workbooks in the window menu without clicking the "More Windows" button? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Oguz Hi Oguz. If you are using Windows XP as your operating system, you could right click on your XP toolbar and select properties, then check the 'Group similar taskbar buttons'. I just opened 24 files and it showed them all when clicking on the minimised toolbar button. R...

Windows mail does not even try to use the SMTP server
Hi, I am using Windows Mail with Windows Vista. Someday, eevery thing start to work bad. My account are well configured (sure of that, it worked on some other computers) but Windows mail does not even try to connect to the SMTP Server. The Pop3 is working. The status pop do nov even show the SMTP Connexion as a task, so there is not error !!! I did many antivirus check and nothing. Thanks for your help Regards, F. What happens to messages you attempt to send? Do they stay in the Outbox? Your antivirus may be the problem. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them are not very...

Terrible performance in "Bank Deposit Entry" window
When I select a range of cash reciepts within the "Bank Deposit Entry" I have to wait up to 2 minutes before the list is returned. Sometimes it returns only one record after that long of wait! Also when scrolling through the transactions in this window is excruciatingly slow... I know we have about 12,000 cash reciepts that need to be deposited but I dont think that amount of records should cause such a slow down. Is there any possible way to improve the performance (Maybe with additonal indexes)? Or is there a know issue with this? Or am I doing something wrong here??? :) T...

CRM Mobile add-on (3rd attempt posting apologies any duplicates)
Has anyone taken a look at the Mobile CRM addon that came out this month? Appreciating the fact that in my test install I DIDNT install to the default web site - which as far as I can recall may well be recommended by the training manuals - found that the Mobile CRM installation is a complete PITA if your webserver is using host headers etc? Anyway I had to set it to using Ports instead. It looks more complicated than installing MSCRM itself to me. I don't have much idea about SSL, but followed the instructions. Anyway my problem is that having run the selfssl and now trying to connect...

Windows Photo Gallery-Slideshow problem
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. When I open the slideshow all the pictures are shown pixelated , as if i have zoomed in more than i should. Windows is not loading all the details. Anybody had this problem or know how to get into the settings of Windows Photo gallery? -- trillion On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:37:39 -0600, trillion <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote: > >I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. When I open the slideshow all >the pictures are shown pixelated , as if i have zoomed in more than i >should. Windows is not loading all the de...

Schedule a Macro with Windows Task Manager
I am trying to do so, but it is not working. My .bat file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name Is this correct? hi, On 03.03.2010 20:44, lindag wrote: > I am trying to do so, but it is not working. > > My .bat file: > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 > E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name > > Is this correct? No, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209207 You need to specifiy the Access executable, e.g.: Set ACCESS = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10...

How to share data between multiple instances of CRM server?
I need to suggest CRM solution to one company having multiply geographically separated branch offices. Because of unstable internet connection and relative high traffic when using CRM web client it’s undesirable to use centralized CRM server. I’d like to install separate CRM server in each location but these servers should share all customer data. Moreover, managers from one office should have opportunity to assign task to managers from other offices. Is it possible to solve such problem with Microsoft CRM Server 3.0? I also have some questions about licensing such solution. Each offic...

Identifying Multiple CRM Outlook Windows
I like to have several Outlook windows open at once. Companies, contacts, leads, opportunities, activities, inbox and calendar, for instance. All of the CRM specific windows (companies, contacts, leads, etc) appear on my task bar as Microsoft CRM - Microsoft Outlook meaning that it is very hard to jump to the window you want. Surely there must be a setting or something to get around this. ...

Windows 7 fails configuring updates
Windows 7 fails configuring updates OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal RaZ123121 wrote: > Windows 7 fails configuring updates > OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit > Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal All updates or a specific one ? When did this issue start to occur ? Click the Start orb > type the following in the Search field windowsupdate.log Under Programs, click on windowsupdate.log Scroll all the way to the bottom of the log for the most recent entries. Copy and paste at least the last 50 or so lines of the log into your repl...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

No reports in CRM
Hi all, We upgraded a client from 1.2 to 3. All worked well but only problem was that e-mail was not sending from web client. In an attempt to fix this the CRM was un-installed and re-installed. Since this time there is no reports in CRM. After further investigation I have found that http://server/reports works fine but does not show any reports. I have looked in c:\program files\Microsoft CRM\repots etc etc and the reports are in this folder. How do I get the reports into SRS and linking back to the CRM sucessfully???? Any help appreciated. Cheers, Nathan Warner Hi Nathan, Yo...

CRM Outlook Client Installation
I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD Installation show next message: Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF I have the same problem. Can anyone help please. "Daniel" wrote: > I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD > Installation show next message: > > Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. > Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF ...

Outlook client for CRM 3.0
Hi, I'm trying to install the Outlook thick client for CRM 3.0. I'm going through the install and when it asks for the location of the crm server, I put in the location but the pre-install checklist says it can't find the server. I can take the exact URL and copy and paste it into a IE window and CRM loads up immediatly, no problems. Any ideas why it can't find my server?!?! Thanks Hi Matthew I am having the exact same problem works fine fro Internet explorer but can not find it in the client. Ken "Matthew" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to ins...

Open and Close external window
I am trying to open a help window, keep a handle on the window, so I can navigate to certain topics, then close it again later. I have the following code sitting behind a menu option: if (!m_wndHelp) { m_wndHelp = ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_TOC , NULL); } else { if (IsWindow(m_wndHelp)) // make sure window is still valid { BOOL answer = ::DestroyWindow(m_wndHelp); DWORD words = GetLastError(); ::CloseWindow(m_wndHelp); m_wndHelp = NULL; } } The help window opens just fine, but the DestroyWindow call returns error code 5 - access denied. Is there an easier ...