Integrate PDA with Microsoft CRM

Hi,
Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ethel,

There is a Mobile addon for CRM. You can download this from the Microsoft
website:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94D65396-39C4-40BE-8AFD-34C939CA607B&displaylang=en

Note that not all languages are supported for the mobile application.

I hope this helps,
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Ethel" wrote:

> Hi,
> Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
> CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?
>
> Thanks.
Yes, for contacts you can! Any device that can synch with Outlook contacts
can do this; PDA, mobile phones, etc. Read this excellent article by the
folks at c360:
http://sdm3.rm04.net/servlet/MailView?ms=MjE0MDMwS0&r=NTk2OTgyMzI0S0

KjellSJ
http://kjellsj.blogspot.com

"Ethel" wrote:

> Hi,
> Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
> CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?
>
> Thanks.
The Mobile addon of CRM is great.  Only catch is the certificate services.
Just a heads up.  Make sure you follow the steps for installing the
certificate services to every letter.  We had major headaches but now realise
the error of our ways, we missed ONE step in the certificate steps ment the
whole pda connection and sync didn't happen.  The pda we installed with the
crm mobile is a HP iPAQ and another HP which I am not sure of model, both
work really well, although I am sure that there is no specific brand or model
required by CRM.
Hope this helps.

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> Ethel,
>
> There is a Mobile addon for CRM. You can download this from the Microsoft
> website:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94D65396-39C4-40BE-8AFD-34C939CA607B&displaylang=en
>
> Note that not all languages are supported for the mobile application.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Ethel" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
> > CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?
> >
> > Thanks.
Hi, are there any people who have successfully implemented CRM Mobile? There
are few questions I'd like to ask you about it.

1. first of all I'd like to know how many mobile clients do you have and are
you happy by overall performance/reliability of the solution? would you
recomend some else to implement it or would you recommend to wait until the
next versions of CRM Mobile?

2. I read some responses about CRM Mobile, that it takes too much time for a
Mobile client to syncronize the data with CRM using WiFi networks, and that
there happen many cases of conflicts of data between server and Mobile
clients, is this true?

Thanks very much!

0
Mihran

Problem using Microsoft Web Browser control
I am trying to access the Custom properties of a Web Browser ActiveX control on a form and I keep getting a message telling me that "The Operation on the Microsoft Web Browser object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." I searched TechNet and MSDN and could not resolve this. I reinstalled Access 2003 (I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my workstation, XP Pro) and still no resolution. Has anyone else seen this and if so, can you tell me how to resolve this? Jim Does anyone know the name of the file the message...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

Table name length in microsoft query
Hi! Is it true that the maximum length of a tablename is still 8 characters. I'm useing Excel 97 and trying to get data from a Paradox 9 table via odbc-link and Microsoft Query. I have heard a few years ago that long names are OK and supported all over the microsoftian regime. Is there any trick to avoid this without shortening all the names. Greetings from Helsinki HK ...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

PDA syncing
I have Money 2001 I have an IPAQ 3150 Microsoft web site says pda free sync download only good for Money 2004. Can I upgrade? Easily? Yes, if you purchase Money 2004. The upgrade shouldn't be difficult. - Ravi -------------------- > Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message > From: "skiusa \(not this\) @bellsouth.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> > Sender: "skiusa \(not this\) @bellsouth.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> > Subject: PDA syncing > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:24:25 -0800 > Lines: 9 > Message-ID: &l...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Microsoft Mail
Is there anyway to setup microsoft mail in outlook 2002 to attach to existing microsoft mail postoffice. ...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Microsoft Outlook Task Reminders
My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the reminders working again? Thanks for your help. Hi Ken, Ken Toews wrote: > My task reminders have stopped working. How do I get the > reminders working again? Thanks for your help. I found the following website: http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/cat_general.html Search for "reminders" on this site: [...] If the reminders are in the default folders, you may need to open Outlook using the /cleanreminders switch. Close Outlook and at the Start menu, Run command, type "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" -- Oliver V...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.

Track in CRM error 08-18-06
In Outlook, when a user wants to send a message, and the user clicks the "Regarding" button, the user can then pick the account/contact, etc. However, when the user clicks on the send button, the following error is generated: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be creat...

Checking Version/Build of CRM client
The current full version build of the V3C indicates its 3.5300.0.1361. When you check the version in the Outlook client, it displays the first few sections but leaves off the 1361. I'm look for a way to verify if the V3C has in fact been applied to an Outlook client. -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner ...

Integration Manager
We're using the Integration manager to import inventory items in to GP 10.0 and we're getting the following error: "The Item Currency Maintenance window is available only when Multicurrency is registered." The company has been setup as a test company and Multi Currency access has been granted. Any suggestions for getting past this would be greatly appreciated! Thank You. Have you configured the company for a currency? Go to the Financial menu and look at the Multicurrency tasks. Its in setup. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Sof...

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
I'd like to urge anyone having strange (or not so strange) problems to run this program, available free at the Microsoft website. I had a problem with Outlook that I got no satisfactory answers to in this forum, and after running the Analyzer, discovered that my computer had been compromised by a "remote administrator". After following all the suggestions that it gave me, my computer became stable again. ...

CRM 4.0 workflow.config error
Hi, I am getting the following in my trace log in CRM 4.0. "The DotNetAssembly upgrade failed: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Failed validating the workflow.config file. The 'entity' attribute is not declared." The workflow.config is fine and contains a parameter as follows: <parameter name="AccountID" datatype="lookup" entityname="account" attribute="accountid"/> I know that it is calling the workflow step though because an earlier error was fixed when I changed the config of the step. Does anyone know what is going on? CRM 4...

Question on unsupported enhancements to CRM
We have the following requirements: - Ability to generate a one-up number for every new account - Ability to view this number in a readonly textbox so that no one can modify the value. What we are plannign to do for this: - Create a custom field for account. - Generate the account id in a trigger written on accountbase. - Modify the metadata tables to make the custom field appear readonly. This seems to be working in the test environment. While I know this is unsopported, my questions are: - Has anyone done such customization and faced any problems? - Will microsoft stop providing support ...

CRM Localization
Does anybody know which localization are exactly available now for CRM 1.2, please? I have read an article (source is microsoft czech) from october 04 about czech localization of CRM. But I cannot find NO other information about it. ...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...