Installing VS.Net in CRM Server

I know this is not a good practice. But has anyone tried installing Visual
Studio .Net 2003 in the CRM Server (CRM 1.2 installed in Win2003 server)? Are
there any issues with this kind of installation?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sammy:

We have done it for our development purposes. It does make debugging custom
code a lot easier than attempting to attach to the process all the time.

Sean

"sammy" <sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know this is not a good practice. But has anyone tried installing Visual
> Studio .Net 2003 in the CRM Server (CRM 1.2 installed in Win2003 server)?
> Are
> there any issues with this kind of installation?

0
Sean

Recovery Virtual server....
I want to create a virtual test lab/recovery environment for my domain. has anyone else done this in the past? i am think of creating this on a segmented network with exact replicas of my DC and exchange server. although i have a question about recovering databases to this test environment, would i basically need to install my backup software on a machine in the test lab and restore that way... im a little confused on what the best way to do this would be. thanks. Yes on the backup software. The problem might be connecting it to your tape library. Make sure that the network is completely...

Hekp! IE8 problem after Windows updates installed
Having installed the windows update KB955759, by now when I start the IE browser, an error message popup "IE encountered a problem and need to close" .. The same problem occurred when I tried to start Windows Media Player. The following is the error information. AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702 ModName: aclayers.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.3647 Offset: 0003d3db My machine runs on Windows XP SP2 and IE8. Before I had uninstalled WLM 9.0 and reinstalled the older version WLM 8.5 and checked the box " to run the program with the compatible mode where I ch...

IS MY SERVER A RELAY?
Hello, I recently came to know something unsettling. Our internal servers can send mail via our exchange smtp protocol without the ip address being in the relay list. I have been using the relay list exclusively, so I'm not sure how this is possible. Below are the settings we have. If you can think of any way this is possible and how to fix it, please let me know. mailserver.ourdomain.com is the smtp address people are supposed to put into programs for the smtp server. it is a dns cname for one of our exchange servers. in the exchange system manager, we have the smtp protocol with...

Remote Server did not respond to a connection attempt
My exchange 2003 has been working until 1/25/2005 when it suddenly began to queue up email with the information that 'The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt.' I've reviewed my settings (which haven't changed) and checked to see if I have been put on a spam list (not). Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan FYI: It was also on this day that Active Sync began to fail with a 3005 error. OMA and OWA as well as RPC over HTTP continue to work. Hope this additional info helps. Thanks "Dan Slaby" <dslaby3@comcast.net> wrote in...

Configuring a backup SMTP server
Hi Guys I'd like to configure a backup, remote SMTP server that would queue data when ever our Exchange server or Internet connection is down. The second server doesn't have Exchange installed but does have IIS 6. I understand how to do this by configuring the DNS MX records but I don't know where to start in configuring IIS SMTP to do this. Do I need to do anything on the Exchange server to make this work? Does anyone know of any web tutorials for this topic? Also once I've done this, what's the best way to test it? Thanks in advance for any ideas Jonny ...

TEXT STATUS -VS- Numbers
We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to create a chart with the name of the project on the X axis and text status on the Y axis. Can this be done and if so how. Please help DDBeards If you assign numbers 1-8 for each status, you can then hide the 1-8 axis labels, and add custom ones: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DDBeards wrote: > We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to cre...

CRM Email 12-29-03
I have successfully installed the email router, and i was able to send emails from crm and successfully receive them (both to company domain and outside clients). I have noticed though: 1. when i send email activity to CRM users (CRMEmailEnabled attribute assigned), they do not receive this in their queue - actually the application should generate another activity appending CRMxxxx to the subject line which doesn't happen in this case 2. Internal mails (company domain) We can not send emails to CRM. I have followed the steps in the guide, created a queue...everything and i am still...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Help Understanding Microsoft Server Products
Hi all We are looking to upgrade servers (currently running WinServer 2003) - new hardware and software. The Essential Business Server Premium pack appears to be ideal in terms of the software and package offered. BUT it appears that there will not be a version of this supporting Exchange 2010 for some months. This means we put a significant investment into 3 year old software, rather than catching the up-to-date flavour. So what's the difference between buying the EBS package and buying individual software applications separately? Also, is there additional software i...

SQL Server 2005 CAL question
If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at the HQ server. Thanks in advance. Phil get a min of 5 cals Its not only the clients to think about its also any office PC that connects to SQL. "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2F3590-032F-4B4C-9CEC-5A6A6BC7F46D@microsoft.com... > If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at > the > HQ server. Thanks in advance. > > Phil ...

Disaster Recovery
Hi, I experienced a hardware failure on my vmware server which was running a SQL Server 2005 vm. I had an "older" copy of this machine with the same exact settings. I was able to bring it up but now I can't get it to talk to my DPM 2007 server which has all the SQL protected data. I uninstalled the agent manually and reinstalled it with the -dpmServerName option... still no luck. Any ideas? If I understand it correctly: 1. An SQL 2005 server which is hosted on a VM server was being protected by DPM 2007. 2. Due to VM server failure, you have brought the S...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

Cannot even install any longer
I have Outlook 2003 which I have used for several years and 2002 before that. This past week my machine crashed and I have installed and reinstalled all of my software many, many times. I now have everything back installed except Outlook. I cannot install at all now because I get the message that the installation source has been corrupted. I guess this is because I have tried to reinstall so many times over the past couple of weeks. All of my personal information and doctors appointments are in Outlook and now I cannot even install it! I understand the problem with bootleg copies of sof...

simple .net xml serialization not working

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

dc as a file server
is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 people or less. One dc is Exchange and the other is the file server. Just wondering if I should put a member server in and move the file server over to that one? any thoughts appreciated. Not necessarily. This is common for branch offices to use the DC as the office file server also hth DDS "joe schmo" <joeschmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3332409F-9184-4A3F-9DB3-1E8B57591C08@microsoft.com... > is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 peo...

Multiple Exchange Servers and Email Router
When installing CRM 4 Email Router in an environment with 2 Exchange servers, where do I need to install the Email Router? it is not requirement in CRM 4.0 to install the exchange router on exchange. All you need to do is to choose the exchange server name while configuring the router . I myself had installed the router on CRM server. /Aamir ...

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...

System Manager install only
I am trying to install Exchange System Manager tools only on my laptop so I can maintain the exchange server while I am on road. I notice, it won't install unless the laptop is part of domain. Is there a workaround to do this? I dont want my laptop to be part of my domain. Thanks alot I don't think you can do this.... You could use Terminal Services on the server instead, and the remote desktop client to access it from your (or any) computer. don wrote: > I am trying to install Exchange System Manager tools only on my laptop > so I can maintain the exchange server while I ...

Where can I find the newsgroups that have disappeared from the MS news server?
I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been removing them from their news server. Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere? If so, I'm disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to manage the browser-based forums. But if that's the only thing available, I'd gladly use them. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer gro...

I need installation software.
I write my software in Visual C++ version 6. It has been many years since I used InstallShield and I don't think I have that software anymore. Right now I need a fairly simple installation utility program. Is there any good FREE (or low cost) installation software that I can download? TonyG wrote: > I write my software in Visual C++ version 6. It has been many years > since I used InstallShield and I don't think I have that software > anymore. Right now I need a fairly simple installation utility program. > > Is there any good FREE (or low cost) installation soft...

MS CRM Connector and version of MS Dynamics GP
Do you know if the integration through MS CRM Connectors in CRM works with MS Dynamics GP 10.0? I.e. if we sell MS CRM 3.0 and MS Dynamics GP 10.0, will they be able to integrate with the current version of CRM Connector? The documentation on PartnerSource only indicates integration with MS GP 8.0 and 9.0. -- cal Currently GP 10.0 connector not supported. but you can achieve this using Biztalk adapter. It will be released in future for GP 10.0 -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@g...

New router, cannot log into Net Passport nor update stocks
In the last few weeks, I've installed a new router on my network (1 desktop 2 laptops). All other network and internet functions are okay but MS Money 2005 will not let me log into Net Passport, (ID and or password cannot be verified). I contacted D link regarding this and they indicated that a "port" may need to be opened. Once I log into my money file offline, it will not update stock and mutual fund prices. I have used Money for years. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Home Server Attribute: msExchHomeServerName
This is very odd, I have migrated over a 1000 users to Exchange 2003 but still have a few hundred to go on my legacy Exchange 5.5 systems. Everything works well, but there is something wrong that I can't figure out. When I create a new user account & mailbox via Active Directory Users & Computers (mailbox on the Exchange 2003 system, NT account in AD), the new AD object gets replicated to the Directory Service on the Exchange 5.5 systems..however, the Home Server attribute is set to None and at that point, none of my Exchange 5.5 users can email them. The fix is simple, ...

SBS2003 and CRM #2
I have SBS2003 and installed CRM 3.0 a year ago. I noticed performance issues with my SBS2003. I would like to uninstall CRM 3.0 and install CRM 4.0 in a diffrent server. what considerations should I take into account? Please help. ...