Installing & Using CRM without Exchange Server

My company is looking into using CRM without Microsoft Exchange for the time
being.  Can CRM work with POP/Smtp mail hosted by our ISP?  Can you still
send mail out thru CRM?  Can you still promote emails into CRM?  What
functions do you loose when you don't have Exchange.  Is anyone using CRM
without Exchange and have an Positive experience.  Any Feedback is good.

Thanks!

0
atl
9/18/2003 5:38:29 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM will only send and receive email through the CRM Exchange connector
which as its name suggests only works on Exchange 2000

"atl" <atloak357@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My company is looking into using CRM without Microsoft Exchange for the
time
> being.  Can CRM work with POP/Smtp mail hosted by our ISP?  Can you still
> send mail out thru CRM?  Can you still promote emails into CRM?  What
> functions do you loose when you don't have Exchange.  Is anyone using CRM
> without Exchange and have an Positive experience.  Any Feedback is good.
>
> Thanks!

0
John

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Document Viewer installer error

using the journal on outlook

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM