installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'

I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services
'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the
install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on
my server.  From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version.

Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting
services?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to
work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services before installing
the CRM as the CRm install of RS is a little picky about where it goes etc.
(Reporting Services comes on a CD in Action Pack for example).

--
Ben Weeks
Business & IT Consultant

"Nick" wrote:

> I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services
> 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the
> install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on
> my server.  From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
> software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version.
>
> Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting
> services?

Report runs slowly if other users are logged in
I am experiencing an intermittent problem of reports that run slowly (approx 20 x slower than normal) if a number of users are also logged into GP. Logging the other users right out of GP clears the problem. Does anyone else experience similar problems, or have any suggestions? GP ver 6.00g52 / SQL 2000 SP3 / Win 2000 SP4 TIA, Frank Stern, Fujitsu Services ...

Event 8213 due to deleted 5.5 services account
Two weeks ago, over a weekend, a branch office was migrated completely from a separate NT4 domain to our WS2K3 AD domain. They had their own 5.5 Site, and we migrated that Site as well to pure E2K3 at the same time. Herein lies the crux of our problem: The branch's 5.5 services account was part of their NT4 domain. The account was not migrated to AD because we did not think we would need it in a pure E2K3 AG. As soon as we deleted the trust relationships between the NT4 and AD domains (we also downed the NT4 domain), we started getting Event 8213: MSExchangeFBPublish System Attenda...

SQL Server Query to Excel
Is there an easy way to accomplish the following? Over the past 6 months I have made modification to an Excel Workbook that resides on the File Server. I have added Field Names in the Final Version (which coincide with Field Names on SQL Server) that don't exist in earlier version of the Excel Workbook. Unfortunately, many users have copied the Master Workbook from the File Server down to their C Drive, and now the VBA code doesn't roll up the data correctly to SQL Server. Here's that I'd like to be able to do -- is there an easy way to have SQL Server query Excel and...

Custom Tailoring An Access Report to fit an Existing Form Fed Printer Receipt Fo
I work for a State Correctional Facility as the Mailroom Supervisor and Computer Help Desk Representative. While Inmate receipts are still being written by hand there is a Stand-Alone- Computer Receipt System, consisting of a Stand-Alone-Computer, Okaidata 321 Impact Printer, 3 color part copy form fed preprinted/number receipt form, and Lotus Approach Software, that generates Inmate receipts. The flaw with the Stand-Alone-Computer is that when it is used each following day the following days receipt information is lost instead of being captured in a database. I am in the proces...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2005
i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS help me to install it? regards Fouad Farhan Fouad, GP 8.0 is not yet supported on SQL 2005. You can either install GP 8.0 on SQL 2000 or GP 9.0 on SQL 2005. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Fouad" <fo_fo_2000@yahoo.com.FOR_SPAM> wrote in message news:6EE969A2-D8C1-4394-84FE-CE59B5242218@microsoft.com... >i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS > help me to install it? > regards > Fouad Farhan It's not advisable to start upgrading to SQL 2005 on a p...

Intrastat reports
I have a customer who runs the standard intrastat reports. A problem has arisen in that some invoices are showing on the report and some are not. The invoices not showing have a tax date outwith that month but were posted in the month so that may be why they are not showing on the report. Surely the report should show all invoices posted in that month that are EU transactions. If it only shows invoices that have a tax date in that month then what happens when you get a late purchase invoice with a tax date for last month but posted in the current month, this will not be shown on th...

Installation error 01-31-07
Hi I have previously installed CRM 3.0 but have recently had to rebuild or development server. On trying to reinstall CRM 3.0 I am getting the following error during the system verification final check: "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Upon checking event viewer it shows the following additional info: "SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed." Any ideas please.. Chubbly ...

Template lookup to SQL Server DB value
I want to build a module that does the following for multiple Word templates: 1. Request the user to input a policy# 2. Look up the policy info in a table in SQL Server Database with the policy # 3. Populate fields in the template (name, address, etc) What is the best way to accomplish this? The data I need is in one table in the database, dbo.STAT1. I want to be able to save this module to a bunch of templates to automatically run when the template is opened. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! I have some starting points for this, but nothing more than that. If...

Use VBA to design Excel report
Hello - I've got an Access application that uses VBA to programmatically create a series of Excel reports. I'm having a little trouble formatting the cells correctly. The way you would code it in Excel isn't always working in Access. Does anyone know where I can find a good reference on the proper format? I've figured out basic font changes, but I'm having trouble with number formats and borders. Thanks! Sorry, I should also include sorting. Can't seem to get the wording correct for that either. Thanks again! "Michael" wrote: >...

service pack 4 for 5.5
I'm about to install sp4 for xchange 5.5 and was wondering if there is any prep work that i need to do first before the install. Just dont wanna get it wrong and have to spend a week fixing it all. Have heard that it needs to be done from DOS. This true? or can it be done through windows? If anyone knows of a step by step guide, that would be nice, or is it simply a case of shutting down xchange services, and running the update.exe file?? Thanks in advance for any help. Sean. It is always recommended to have a good backup in place prior to applying a service pack and then take another b...

Vista Windows, Install XP MS-Office, Get Error 1608 Error?!?
Hi Everyone, My PC has Vista window as OS. I have XP MS-Office Software I try to install but every time I try, and after I type the 25 product key and select drive E where the CD sits, I get so called Error 1608 whatever that mean? How to go around this? Thanks, Mike Was this the error message you got? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315995 If not, punch Error 1608 into your favourite search engine and wait for results. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:30:17 -0700 (PDT), Mike <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >My PC has Vista window as O...

Installed Outlook Update -- Can't log in now
Installed the 1/22 update to Outlook 2002. Now I get a "login information incorrect, yada yada" response from my Exchange Server everytime. Login information is good -- I can get in via Outlook Web Access. Tried the Knowledge Base suggestion to remove and reinstall TCP/IP, but that did not help. I'm dead in the water. Any ideas out there? Thanks ... ...

How do I remove (not unload) a user installed Excel add-in ?
Even though unloaded the add-in shows up in the inactive list. I want to remove it from that list. You have to delete the actual file itself, then redisplay the add-in list. You will be prompted whether to remove the add-in from the list. Choose Yes to remove it. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:14:01 -0800, bill h <bill h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Even though unloaded the add-in shows up in the inactive list. I want to >remove...

Final Mfg Costs Report
I'm trying to build a report that will show, for each MO, what the final qty & unit cost of all components and outsourcing processes used were. I just want to confirm that the best table to use for this is MOP1004. Is that accurate? It appears that table captures all bucklushed and issued costs, but I just was hoping for some validation form the peanut gallery. Thanks. And a quick followup question. The costs seem to be duplicated in about columns out of about 72 listed for cost (for example I see cost in VARCOSTSCLLCTD_3&12, but not any of the other VARCOSTSCLLCTD and t...

Anyone here into graphic design
Hello everyone I am new here. I would like to introduce myselft, I am 36 year old female living in Missouri. Also a owner of one graphic design & printing co. for the last six years. Called Creativeworld. I also am a part of one graphic's network group a associate of 10 members. I am a graphic's design lover. I appreciate arts of all kind. I love all kind of crafts. I also take care of my seventy six year old grandmother. No children divorced and born again Christian. Peace and Love to America. Just thought I would share this link with everyone. http://groups.yahoo.com/group...

Design Help, Please
Hi, First, please forgive the long explanation as I want to explain in detail what I have and would like to change. I currently have a database that has been built upon over time to a accomodate user needs, but isn't working quite as well as it could. Currently, I have the following: table: tWorkLog fields: JobNumber, Tech, StartTime, StopTime, and WorkCode Switchboard: combo box cboTech stores each techs name. subform: fJobList that stores repair jobs assigned to each tech subform: fPkgList that stores fabricaton jobs for each tech command button: cmdMiscJob...

Discrepancy between Report and Favorite Category total
Hi, I am using the free trial version of Money Delux 2005. I have Groceries as one of my Favorite categories. PROBLEM: On the Home page I see $804 as a total for the "Current Month". However, when I run a Spending by Category Report for the Current Month the total for Groceries is $691.51. The difference is that the Report does not include one $112.59 transaction categorized as Groceries. The missing transaction was categorized from My Money on the web not from the application on my PC. The transaction shows up fine in the appropriate account but is not picked up by the repo...

Re: Installing XP on a Lenovo Laptop
"Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message > news:k9avs5pbum741td6veglhgkrq7gdbiv3f9@4ax.com... >> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 01:03:00 +0000 (UTC), Doum <me@domain.net> wrote: >> >>> But is a netbook really a laptop? (Personally, I would think so) >> >> Sure. People use the word "netbook" simply to describe a small, >> light-weight laptop. Other than size and weight, there's really no >> difference...

Strange behaviour - Access Reports
Scenario: Removed a field from a database, and attempted to remove it from several reports as it was now not used. Removed the field from the query running the report, but forgot that there had been grouping levels on that field within the report design. Saved the report. Found that I could not run/design the report once I had done this - running on the report from the database window, the mouse icon would flicker and not do anything. Ran the report from code and would get an error "open report action was cancelled". Had to delete report, import from a backup, remove the fileds from...

change date on batch through sql
We use the same sales batch on an ongoing basis. I would like to have the batch date update automatically every day so that users dont have to remember to update the batch date manually. I tried creating a macro but it did not work. I do not know if there is a current date function that I can use in a macro. I am now trying to do this through a sql job. I am planning on updating SY00500 table (GLPOSTDT and MODIFDT fields). Is this all or do I need to update any other field/table? I am open to any other suggestions. We do not have VB/modifier. ...

VWware Cannot SQL Server Database Engine cannot obtain LOCK
Please help me resolve the SQL Server error listed below from VMware Server accessing SQL Server. Thanks, The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( VMware VirtualCenter Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: An unrecoverable problem has occurred, stopping the VMware VirtualCenter service. Ch...

monthly quantity report
I got a monthly table TABLEJAN id quantity type 1 1 c 2 1 c 3 2 d 4 2 d TABLEFEB id quantity type 1 2 e 2 2 e 3 3 d 4 3 d how can i make a query to become like this month SUM(e) SUM(d) SUM(c) JAN 0 4 2 FEB 4 6 0 thx I'm not sure why you have separate tables by month. However, you can combine them with a union query like: SEL...

How to create a report from CRM which shows all contact details
I am a new user to CRM and am trying to create a report from CRM which will show all of our account names, along with the contact name, address and email address. (in Excel format) I would like to be able to run different reports like this i.e. to give me a report of all contacts in the same postcode area. I am using Version 3.0 of CRM. Silvia, Although you can use any RDL (Report Definition Language)-compliant authoring tool, most CRM customers will use Visual Studio .NET with the Reporting Services Report Desgign add-in to author reports. You'd need to have this software on y...

Report Deployment
I've built a SQL Reporting Service report in SQL 2005, can this be deployed to a CRM Install running SQL 2000? I'm not 100% sure, but I guess not. Could you try and inform about the result? -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://www.ronaldlemmen.com/ "MD" wrote: > I've built a SQL Reporting Service report in SQL 2005, can this be deployed > to a CRM Install running SQL 2000? Ronald, I was successful in deploying it into my company's production server even though we don't have VS 2003! Thanks to the guidance of the SRS Report Manag...

microsoft crm 1.0 installation error
hello everybody ! the problem we r facing here is everytime i install microsoft crm 1.0 i get a fatal error at the end of installation...all the prerequisite for the installation r present... but still the fatal error occurs thanks ANWAR ADIL CCNA ,MCP, Why are you installing 1.0? You should be using 1.2 "anwar adil" <anwaradil@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eH7QzOUgFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hello everybody ! > the problem we r facing here is everytime i install microsoft crm 1.0 i > get > a fatal error at the end of installation...all the pre...