Installing new license wont work

hello;
We received our working licenses and had to uninstall which went fine
(or so I think) and re-install the whole crm deployment in order to
change the organization name... installing goes fine for a long amount
of time then at the very end I get the following error.. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times!!! please help!

here is the error
Setup Was unable To  install Microsoft CRM SErver
Setup Was unable To Provision your organization
Setup Was unable To create the root business
Unknown Error 80041D2a

thanks in advance.
p.s. running crm server on windows 2003 and database server is sql 7
on windows 2003
0
fiddler27
2/4/2004 5:09:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When you did the uninstall did you remove the crm database files and also
remove the OU from the active directory?

"Rob" <fiddler27@att.net> wrote in message
> hello;
> We received our working licenses and had to uninstall which went fine
> (or so I think) and re-install the whole crm deployment in order to
> change the organization name... installing goes fine for a long amount
> of time then at the very end I get the following error.. I have
> uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times!!! please help!
>
> here is the error
> Setup Was unable To  install Microsoft CRM SErver
> Setup Was unable To Provision your organization
> Setup Was unable To create the root business
> Unknown Error 80041D2a
>
> thanks in advance.
> p.s. running crm server on windows 2003 and database server is sql 7
> on windows 2003

0
John
2/5/2004 3:52:29 AM
Hi,

Type the error code in google.
Most of the times you will be redirected to microsoft and some times
to other sources of help for troubleshooting.

80041D2a this error code means: "The user does not exist in Active
Directory"

Hope it helps.

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:<#U5T7t56DHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> When you did the uninstall did you remove the crm database files and also
> remove the OU from the active directory?
>

> "Rob" <fiddler27@att.net> wrote in message
> > hello;
> > We received our working licenses and had to uninstall which went fine
> > (or so I think) and re-install the whole crm deployment in order to
> > change the organization name... installing goes fine for a long amount
> > of time then at the very end I get the following error.. I have
> > uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times!!! please help!
> >
> > here is the error
> > Setup Was unable To  install Microsoft CRM SErver
> > Setup Was unable To Provision your organization
> > Setup Was unable To create the root business
> > Unknown Error 80041D2a
> >
> > thanks in advance.
> > p.s. running crm server on windows 2003 and database server is sql 7
> > on windows 2003
0
jesusg9
2/5/2004 8:42:03 AM
I've heard that sometimes CRM 1.2 org names with special characters require
that you replace the special character with an _.  I think 1.0 did this
automatically, but I've heard people have had problems with it with 1.2.

Mike

"Rob" <fiddler27@att.net> wrote in message
> hello;
> We received our working licenses and had to uninstall which went fine
> (or so I think) and re-install the whole crm deployment in order to
> change the organization name... installing goes fine for a long amount
> of time then at the very end I get the following error.. I have
> uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times!!! please help!
>
> here is the error
> Setup Was unable To  install Microsoft CRM SErver
> Setup Was unable To Provision your organization
> Setup Was unable To create the root business
> Unknown Error 80041D2a
>
> thanks in advance.
> p.s. running crm server on windows 2003 and database server is sql 7
> on windows 2003

0
GreaterThanTwo
2/5/2004 9:31:38 PM
I remember having this same error when:

1. I attempted installation of CRM server on an AD domain
controller which was at the time disconnected from the
domain, and
2. I attempted installation of CRM server, logged on and
running the install as a user which did not have full
domain admin and local admin rights.

Dan

0
dan

Timing of payroll year end tax update installation
I am trying ot find out if the 2007 year end tax update for GP v9 can be applied prior to running the final payroll for the year. If this is just a form update can it be done early to avoid so much stress at the end of the year? Has anyone tried this? (I do not mean the new tax table update for 2008) -- Diane Burbank Dynamics GP Consultant Yes, it can be applied at any time. However, it is not just a form update. It includes service pack 3. The installation will require all users be out of GP during the procedure. All workstations must be updated. Make backups of the databases and the...

Install Excel XP and 2003 on same Computer
I have an Excel spreadsheet that was done in 2003 with data list, XP does not see the drop down arrows that was created in 2003. I have 2003 at my office and XP at home, how can I install 2003 on my home computer to finish the sheet with out uninstalling XP. You can install both versions on the same machine. There's information in the following MSKB article: How to run multiple versions of Excel on the same computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388 Without installing Excel 2003 on your home computer, you can see the dropdown arrows if you apply an AutoFilter to the list. ...

reclaim a CRM license
I have removed a user from the AD before removing her license from the CRM. When trying to remove the license from the CRM user I get an error object invalid. Any ideas how to reclaim the license You can manually remove the license record from the SystemUserLicense table. You will need to make sure you get the right row. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:55:39 -0700, "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have removed a user from the AD before removing her license from the ...

outlook 2003 2007 licensing
Hey guys just wondering, we use outlook 2003 here, and dont want to migrate away from it just yet. However we need about 20 more licenses for outlook 2003. If we buy licenses for outlook 2007, do those apply to 2003? and if so, when we do make the migration to 2007, can those version of 2003 using a 2007 license be upgraded to 2007 wihtout the need for another license? thanks much. If you're a volume license customer, I'd suggest you talk to a Microsoft = licensing expert either at Microsoft or at your retailer.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Mi...

After installation , cannot start Money2004
Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Error signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName : mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 How to i solve the problem? thanks ...

Error on default installation
Hi there. First of all let me explain that working with MS CRM is new for me and my first time. I've just installed the default MS CRM database and created the 6 users, etc. I am now trying to create a new email/lead/topic/etc. When doing that I get an error ======================================================= Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<emailactivity><acti..."). Description: Req...

0xD0000005 Error during XP/SP2 Installation
During the clean up phase I got this error mesage 0xD0000005. It was during the cleanup phase and it stated that my XP system is unusable. As of this minute I am able to start my IE, get my outlook express emails. System LOOKS OK to me! Was unable to find out what the message means. Some websites SEEM to indicate its registry errors and offers cures for the problem. I am leery about using any of those! Since it also said that the system is unusable I am not too sure I want to shut it down until I get a clear resolution. Any help is appreciated...... I did no SP2 or ...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

Why wont Word open Excel data source in mailmerge?
I am following the Help step by step, but each time i try to open data source it wont. I have saved the correct version in Excel and have renamed it etc MOSH "won't" means what? Do you get an error message? You cannot browse to an Excel file and use it? You have no ODBC driver for Excel? If the latter, you may have to re-configure and add that driver. Go to Control Panel(Start>Settings>Control Panel) and double-click on Data Sources(ODBC). In User DSN what do you see for drivers? If no Excel, click on Add and find Excel on the list(not Excel do). Select and "...

HidD_GetFeature() working, HidD_SetFeature() not working
Hi all, Afetr a lot of tries I finally found and hid descriptor that work as keyboard hid minidriver and, in my intention, should allow me to communicate with the driver thought the two api calls HidD_SetFeature() and HidD_GetFeature(). Unfortunately it seem thta only HidD_GetFeature() is working. If I try to use HidD_SetFeature() I note that the driver receive the HID_SET_FEATURE event but the buffer passed to the event that should contain my custom data to set is always 2 bytes length, not the original size I passed using the HidD_SetFeature() call (in my test example I passed a ...

how do I read excel documents on microsoft works?
I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home edition I cannot create an association with any existing program that I am aware of. Anyone have any ideas? Try downloading the Excel viewer from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez Excel MVP "Sotonseagull" <Sotonseagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37CF0032-472A-43BB-806A-F8EB40AA231B@microsoft.com... > I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home editi...

License Issues
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Loaded a second copy of Office for Mac 2008 on my wife's new Macbook. Thought this was OK as the EULA said I had 2 installs. Now getting an error if we are both online at home at the same time. This makes sense now that I better understand the terms of the EULA. I plan to buy Office 2008 Home & Student for my daughter who is off to college in the Fall. I could load a second copy of this on my wife's Mac, but will this wipe out all of the Entourage settings and contacts etc. on my wife's Mac? She just spe...

Outlook 2003 slow when sending a new message
Hi, We have noticed that Outlook 2003, running on the new exchange server is slow to send a message. They sit in the 'Outbox' for about a minute, then send. This is on a corporate site, that used to send everything instantaneously. Any ideas? Thanks! Heidi ...

Outlook 2000 wont complete shutdown
When I close outlook 2000 the main screen closes and the dialog box comes up that outlook is shuting down, however the process never completes. When viewing in task manager it shows it as running. I have to end task to get it to close. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Often caused by; addins or another App eg fax interacting with OL However I've suffered frm this intermitantly for some time with none of the above David "junder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ae801c3bf2b$e5a30170$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I close outlo...

New Mail desktop alert #2
I have two E mail accounts - hotmail and tiscali. I have set up new mail destop alert but this only works in respect of my tiscali account (POP) but not for hotmail. The former comes into the "general" inbox whereas Hotmail comes into. its own Hotmail in box - is this the reason for the difference in the two accounts? Can I configure Outlook so that the Alert works with Hotmail as well. I use Outlook Live . Any help would be appreciated. Roy Shopland The alerts only work with the default message store and pop accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourse...

Cannot add new transactions
The problem happens recently. No matter I manually download activities or use the automatic update services, I can't get any transactions displayed. The "Items to review" on the left does say there are new transactions arrived, they just don't show up. What should I do to fix the problem? In microsoft.public.money, OC wrote: >The problem happens recently. No matter I manually download activities or >use the automatic update services, I can't get any transactions displayed. >The "Items to review" on the left does say there are new transaction...

Creating a button that goes to the next new record
I am fairly new to access and i am trying to build an inventory database that lists all our grounds maintenance equipment. I have all the records typed in but would like a button for adding new equipment as it is purchased. Ideally the button will take me to the next new record rather than an existing one. What is the easiest way of doing this? I am using Access 2003 At the bottom of your form, there are navigation buttons, like this: |< < [ 5] > >| * of 77 records The star button takes you to a new record. If you don't see this, open the form in design view, an...

Can't install Excell 2007
I successfully installed Excel 2007 on my desktop computer, but am unable to install it on my laptop. I get an error message stating that set-up can not find the following file: office-en-us/officeMUIset.xml I tried locating the file in all the directories on the CD, but can't find it. Can anyone help? ...

CRM installation stoped with error msi cannot be installed
Hi I was trying to install CRM server on 2003 mechine . MSMQ,Indexing service, IIS, SQL2000 with SP3 are all installed. all the above services are running. But when i install crm stops reporting msi cannot install error 80004005 . i checked the event log and there it says APS server cannot be started or contacted odbc error. i belive Cristal report services are getting installed but cannot be accessed. Did any one come across such a problum. Is it authentacation problem. i dont have a password on my windows admin account but i have a passoword for sa account in sql server . please ...

Licensing question
Could a 2 lane license be used for a company that has 2 separate stores with separate databases that are on the same network? Could there be a 3rd computer on that network that could switch from database to database to run reports, order and receive for both of these inventories? Or would they need to get HQ? Pat You could look at the Multi-Location add-in from Retail Realm (http://www.retailrealm.us) . It may fit your needs, but the two locations would be considered a single store. What you are asking will not work though, two databases means 2 dongles. The third management station...

Is there a "read-only" license for non-CRM users?
Hi, i'm working in an organization with +- 30 people. Now I'm (trying to) implemend MS CRM for only a group of 10 people. Now is my problem ... all the data about customers will be stored in MS CRM like name, adress, email ..., but the other 20 people (mostly developers) needs this information so they can call and discuss problems with our clients. The only thing they want to see is the phonenumber or email (standard clientinformation) so they can communicate with them. I'm not going to buy 20 licenses for this groep which costs me $450,- per license. Is there some kind of...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

terminal server licenses
Is it still possible to purchase/add terminal server licenses for w2k advanced server ? We have an application that cannot be upgraded and therefore still resides on a w2k advanced server. Are we up the creek without a paddle at this point or is there anything that can be done ? Hello mem1972, Call Microsoft support to get the best answer, licensing is always a special in Microsoft. But i assume you will not get some, because Windows 2000 is retired. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

Just installed MS Outlook '07. Unable to send messages.
Hit send/reply button; Received message undeliverable with following error message: 550 please configure mail client to use authentication. Don't know what this means and/or what to do. Please help. You have to set up your mail account to submit a password to both your POP3 and SMTP servers. -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Louie" <Louie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BC5A00-C021-4CFD-89CA-C5BF4B1E83F1@microsoft.com......