Installing CRM Desktop Client on a XP machine with Outlook 2007

Installation instructions for Dummies.  I have installed CRM 3.0 on Outlook
2003 machines with no incedence.  However one machine in our office has 2007.
 I see all sorts of postings for Rollup 2, and hotfixes.  I am not a
technician, and know very little about SQL.  Can someone please give me the
easiest, solution to getting CRM 3.0 Desktop Client on this machine? I dont
want to do anything that will interupt other users using 2003, or the Server
settings.

Thanks,

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

You can proceed safely by installing the CRM desktop client on your machine
icw Office 2007, without disturbing other clients.

Please note the rollup patch 2 should also be installed on the server!

Best regards,
Merijn

"deh" wrote:

> Installation instructions for Dummies.  I have installed CRM 3.0 on Outlook
> 2003 machines with no incedence.  However one machine in our office has 2007.
>  I see all sorts of postings for Rollup 2, and hotfixes.  I am not a
> technician, and know very little about SQL.  Can someone please give me the
> easiest, solution to getting CRM 3.0 Desktop Client on this machine? I dont
> want to do anything that will interupt other users using 2003, or the Server
> settings.
>
> Thanks,

So the rollup two has no effect on SQL settings or anything?  And if I put it
on his machine I have to have it on the server too?  Or can I put it on his
machine and it will work until I can get a technician to install it on the
server?
PS..What does icw mean?

"Merijn" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can proceed safely by installing the CRM desktop client on your machine
> icw Office 2007, without disturbing other clients.
>
> Please note the rollup patch 2 should also be installed on the server!
>
> Best regards,
> Merijn
>
> "deh" wrote:
>
> > Installation instructions for Dummies.  I have installed CRM 3.0 on Outlook
> > 2003 machines with no incedence.  However one machine in our office has 2007.
> >  I see all sorts of postings for Rollup 2, and hotfixes.  I am not a
> > technician, and know very little about SQL.  Can someone please give me the
> > easiest, solution to getting CRM 3.0 Desktop Client on this machine? I dont
> > want to do anything that will interupt other users using 2003, or the Server
> > settings.
> >
> > Thanks,

MS told me that there were not any known issues with Rollup 2 being installed
on client but not on the server but that they did not test that scenario.
(they did test it where the server had the rollup and not the client).
You should update your server ASAP to keep them in sync though. Any hot fix
that was released after the Rollup 2 release are supposed to rely on Rollup 2
being installed.

--
Leo

"deh" wrote:

> So the rollup two has no effect on SQL settings or anything?  And if I put it
> on his machine I have to have it on the server too?  Or can I put it on his
> machine and it will work until I can get a technician to install it on the
> server?
> PS..What does icw mean?
>
> "Merijn" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can proceed safely by installing the CRM desktop client on your machine
> > icw Office 2007, without disturbing other clients.
> >
> > Please note the rollup patch 2 should also be installed on the server!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Merijn
> >
> > "deh" wrote:
> >
> > > Installation instructions for Dummies.  I have installed CRM 3.0 on Outlook
> > > 2003 machines with no incedence.  However one machine in our office has 2007.
> > >  I see all sorts of postings for Rollup 2, and hotfixes.  I am not a
> > > technician, and know very little about SQL.  Can someone please give me the
> > > easiest, solution to getting CRM 3.0 Desktop Client on this machine? I dont
> > > want to do anything that will interupt other users using 2003, or the Server
> > > settings.
> > >
> > > Thanks,

Thank you very much for your responses, I will make sure we have a good
backup and proceed.

"Mr_leo" wrote:

> MS told me that there were not any known issues with Rollup 2 being installed
> on client but not on the server but that they did not test that scenario.
> (they did test it where the server had the rollup and not the client).
> You should update your server ASAP to keep them in sync though. Any hot fix
> that was released after the Rollup 2 release are supposed to rely on Rollup 2
> being installed.
>
> --
> Leo
>

> "deh" wrote:
>
> > So the rollup two has no effect on SQL settings or anything?  And if I put it
> > on his machine I have to have it on the server too?  Or can I put it on his
> > machine and it will work until I can get a technician to install it on the
> > server?
> > PS..What does icw mean?
> >
> > "Merijn" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > You can proceed safely by installing the CRM desktop client on your machine
> > > icw Office 2007, without disturbing other clients.
> > >
> > > Please note the rollup patch 2 should also be installed on the server!
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Merijn

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

Excel 2007

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Grammar check not working

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Outlook OOF