Installing CRM 3.0 on Server 2003 with an existing SBS 2003 DC

Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to install CRM 3.0 -
Small Business Edition on a Dual Xeon Server with Raid 5 and Server 2003 and
have it integrate with my existing DC, an SBS 2003 Server and Exchange.

I cannot find any info on this type of setup anywhere. My SBS Server is a
Dual Xeon server but as it only has 2 SATA drives configured as a Raid 1, I
would like to use the other server.

Any and ALL help will be greatly appreciated.

David
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I would try the CRM Implantations guide at the following link
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en I
believe it has a chapter on installing CRM on a Windows 2003 Server (non
SBS). I am not sure about the exchange router but I believe you can install
it on the sbs server and it will automatically link it up. I have tested CRM
in non raid 5 configurations and really did not notice much of a difference.
I do believe the CRM Virtual Machines are configured to use 1 drive. Also,
the software does not know if it is a raid 5 or not it only sees the drive
and the amount of space. I believe the raid five config is just a
performance thing, and if you are not going to use it heavily it might not
even make a difference.

Hope this helps
Be Blessed

KB
"David Snell" <DavidSnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to install CRM 3.0 -
> Small Business Edition on a Dual Xeon Server with Raid 5 and Server 2003
> and
> have it integrate with my existing DC, an SBS 2003 Server and Exchange.
>
> I cannot find any info on this type of setup anywhere. My SBS Server is a
> Dual Xeon server but as it only has 2 SATA drives configured as a Raid 1,
> would like to use the other server.
>
> Any and ALL help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> David

0
KB
2/18/2006 4:50:19 AM
So it will not matter that I we be installing the SBE version on a non SBS
Server? My other concern is the linking with Exchange and the guide you
mentioned was (to me anyway) very vague on this.

Any others

"David Snell" wrote:

> Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to install CRM 3.0 -
> Small Business Edition on a Dual Xeon Server with Raid 5 and Server 2003 and
> have it integrate with my existing DC, an SBS 2003 Server and Exchange.
>
> I cannot find any info on this type of setup anywhere. My SBS Server is a
> Dual Xeon server but as it only has 2 SATA drives configured as a Raid 1, I
> would like to use the other server.
>
> Any and ALL help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> David

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

How to restore entire server?

Outlook 2003

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

outlook express 6.0 in ms 98
I cant seem to delete any of my sent mail messages in Outlook express 6.0 i am operaitng in ms 98..up to 8400 messages now. Please help ! At the risk of being obvious, click on the first item in your sent items folder while holding down the shift key. Then scroll to the bottom and click the last item. That will select them all - or you can use any range you desire. Then just click the delete icon or press the delete button. Once done, you might want to empty the deleted items folder (assuming it doesn't tell you there isn't enough room there and they'll be permanently delete...