Installing CRM 3.0 02-01-06

Hi all, i have been trying to install CRM 3.0 on a new SBS installation with
SQL 2005 installed, and have the following problem:

When installing it asks me to select the SQL server, but my actual server
does not appear on the drop down list, but two workstaions do.  The SQL
server icon is in the sys tray, & is up and running.

Any ideas??
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

just try typing the name of the server in, Andy.  The enumeration of all the
SQL servers doesn't always work.

Dave

"Andy King" <AndyKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, i have been trying to install CRM 3.0 on a new SBS installation
> with
> SQL 2005 installed, and have the following problem:
>
> When installing it asks me to select the SQL server, but my actual server
> does not appear on the drop down list, but two workstaions do.  The SQL
> server icon is in the sys tray, & is up and running.
>
> Any ideas??

0
Dave
2/1/2006 12:51:51 PM
Nice one Dave, thanks for that.

I have another issue now:

When the install completes i get the following errors:

The webisite NT authentication providers must be negotiated, NTLM

Specified reporting services reports server
http://platinumsbs/sql_server/90/tools/reportingservices/sharepoint was not
found

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

report writer #3
I have installed project management and fixed asset modules along with the default modules of Great Plains version 8. The report writer option does not seem to be working after this I resinstalled the whole application today and found report writer working after creating a sample company. On installing project management, the problem continues to persist I am using windows 2000 server. I have also installed service pack 2 of version 8 GP Anybody else facing the same problem Dear Krishna, Can you Specify more details about what do you mean by report writer options does not seem to workin...

GP 8.0 + SQL Server 2000 SP4 (installing SP 4)
Hello there, We have running the GP 8.0 on a SQL Server 2000 database with no service pack. I've just downloaded the SQL Server 2000 SP 4 and I'm planning to upgrade the database. I'm concerning as to whether or not there might be side effects on the GP functionality if I install the SQL Server SP 4. Is it safe to make this upgrade ? or Are there some technical issues ? Thanks in advance. Kind regards Cesar I've been running sp4 for months with GP 8, sp2, and I've had no problems. ...

WSS 3 on SBS2003: SP2 break users authorization... :-(
I installed WSS3 "syde by syde" on a new SBS2003 server, leaving (how suggested me by Larry & Lanwench) WSS2 running. All worked fine but yesterday windows update install the WSS3 SP2 and the WSS2 SP3 on server. After install, the new wss3 site is no more accessible , companyweb work without problem. Trying to access the site (http://servername:6000) , i receive this error: HTTP 401.1 Error - Operation not authorized. Access deny because not valid credentials (bad translations from Italian!). I tried to enable anonymous access and add domani users and everyon...

Printed Quote
Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? What other options for printed quotes are there? Hi, Our Advanced quote and order processing module allows you to quickly and easily create and print quotes in Microsoft CRM. Regards, David Smooha 516 609-5010 http://www.dynamicscrmaddons.com/AdvancedQuotes.asp "dmn8" wrote: > Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? > > What other options for printed quotes are there? ...

CRM SBS install and uninstall error
The install (reinstall) or uninstall MS CRM 3.0 on SBS2003 Premium does not work. During "Executing Install (or Uninstall) action" I receive Warning: "Failed to remove the Microsoft CRM-Fax Router Service" and then Error: "System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RegisterFaxService failed." "The configuration registry key is invalid". How can I uninstall CRM completely or install it properly? Help me please. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Regards Renio ...

groupe sur maternit� 01-14-10
je cherche des infos sur la maternit� d auxerre! quelqu'un a des infos ? "Aline Pinchon" <aline.pinchon@laposte.net> wrote in message news:uZy5Jd4nKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > je cherche des infos sur la maternit� d auxerre! quelqu'un a des infos ? > "jovanovic violeta" <violeta@san.com> wrote in message news:uJy15z1qKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > "Aline Pinchon" <aline.pinchon@laposte.net> wrote in message > news:uZy5Jd4nKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> je cherche des infos...

Looking for detailed information on MS CRM
hello, where can i get _detailed_ information on the current and the expected new version of ms crm? topics of interest would be - work on-/offline (data replication from server to client pc) - user privileges (who sees what field of a customer, user roles) - sync conflicts the ms site provides only very basic information. thanks a lot, michael Hi Michael! "Michael Fuchs" wrote: > where can i get _detailed_ information on the current and the expected > new version of ms crm? > topics of interest would be > > - work on-/offline (data replication from server to c...

how do I change installation path after initial install.
I have installed Exchange 2003 on the c: drive (C:\Program Files\Exchsvr) I now want to change it to the D: drive. When I go through the setup wizard and select the install from "none" to "change" (or anything else) The path is greyed out and I can't change the path. Is there a way to do this without removing and reinstalling? There was a tool in 5.5 to do this... Rob "Rob" <send no spam@nk.com> wrote: >I have installed Exchange 2003 on the c: drive (C:\Program Files\Exchsvr) >I now want to change it to the D: drive. > >When I go thro...

server error 03-01-10
i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Windowa Mail', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906AB3BC-7B68-42EB-8A09-45A341BECD31@microsoft.com... >i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it > > The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have en...

Can't install Publisher
I'm having a tough time installing MS Publisher 2003 in VHP. I get a 1402 error which pertains to a certain registry key in myt Vista registry. I'm supposed to change the permissions in this key but in Vista Home Premium I can't seem to do that. Anybody have any suggestions? Did you try method 4 in the support document? You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687/en-us If this is not the document, where did you get the security information? This is a permission issue, you migh...

Installing Service Packs on Exchange Server 2003
Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end servers. Have not installed any service packs on these systems yet. Just got OK from change control board to install these. Just wanted to know what would be the best process to install these ? Do I need to go to SP1 first then SP2 or does SP2 contain SP1 updates as well? Do I do the front end server first? Thanks! On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:58:02 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end >servers. Have not installed any s...

Form design 01-02-08
I have this problem where I can't expand my form in design view. Does anyone know what might be causing this? This only happens with one particular form. "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58B7823E-A540-4A6E-9E44-A867C4CD20EE@microsoft.com... >I have this problem where I can't expand my form in design view. Does >anyone > know what might be causing this? This only happens with one particular > form. Is the form already the maximum size? No dimension can exceed 22 inches, or thereabouts. -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP www.d...

Access 2.0 to Access 97 10-07-04
I would like to convert a db from Access 2.0 on one pc to Access 97 on another pc on my network. I'm new to access, so any input you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. To convert an Access 2.0 database to 97, in Access 97 go to Tools, Convert Database on the menu bar. Select the Access 2.0 database to convert. If you have errors converting, try importing the objects instead of converting (File, Get External Data, Import). Please note that you might have code that needs to be updated or...

converting 1.x database to 2.0 from DOS files
I saved the 1.x database on floppies. Now I need the database again and need to upgrade it. How do I copy the floppies with the 1.x database so that it will work with access 2.0 in an XP pro environment? ...

CRM3.0 install fails with ImportDefaultDataAction exception
I have been trying to install CRM on a server with Exchange 2003 SP2, SQL 2005 etc. Everything is on the one box. Installation goes fine up to the point when I get "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Before starting the install I dd a reboot of the server. Can anyone help me figure out what's causing the problem? ...

Windows Media Player 11 01-15-10
Why, when I try to adjust my color and contrast on WMP 11 does it return to the middle. As in I cant adjust any color settings for the vid. It's too dark to enjoy. Color & contrast do not adjust a dark screen,brightness would do that,usually that adjustment would be on the monitor.Also,if youre trying to view videos, using video & audio require alot of the system components (memory),adding more ram memory and/or a better video card will eliminate the problem(s). "bearrabbit69" wrote: > Why, when I try to adjust my color and contrast on WMP 11 does i...

Update Problem 06-28-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. On 2010-06-28 2:52 p.m., MN wrote: > Rece...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

Probs with Installing WMP
Some time ago, I used vLite to strip down some of the features of Vista (including the installation of WMP) before reformatting my computer with it. It has been quite some time already, and I can't remember what is the exact name for it. As some websites require WMP plugin to be able to play WMA files, I then installed the WMP plugin but realized that it requires WMP to work. I downloaded the setup file from Microsoft website but those failed to be installed. Is there anyway I can install WMP into my computer without reformatting my entire computer? Thanks in adva...

additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entiti
Hi all. I have a question about an additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entities. A user definition entity (object_type_code:10000) and made an OnLineHelpFile (test.htm) which supported. In addition, I add following two lines to help_toc.xml. <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form Help</page> <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form View Hel...

Update from CRM 3.0 to new CRM 4.0
At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-language feature of CRM 4.0 we want tu upgrate/update to the new version. Does anybody has further information about the necessary steps? I suggest that you wait for the officially released version which will contain upgrade and installation guides. -- ----------------- Please note that the contents of my posts are my personal opinions and views and I am not a Microsoft staff member. ----------------- Feridun Kadir MCSE, MCT "Frank_Munich" wrote: > At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-...

If Hours >0, If Volume <= 0,(and vice-versa) then....
I have appx 50 rows of data, each with a name, 3 columns of different volume, and hours: Col A -name Col B - Vol 1 Col C - Vol 2 Col D - Vol 3 Col E - Hours I'd like formulas in the cells in the F & G columns to check if there is volume in B1, C1, or D1, and if hours in E1. If there is vol but no hours for row 1, I'd like F1 to produce -> A1 &"had vol but no hours".(see below) And also, if no volume in either B2, C2, or D2, but hours in E2, I'd like G2 to produce ->A2 &"has hours but no vol" (see below). And if volume in eith...

MS CRM 3.0 on SQL Cluster 2000 Environment...
Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and running with Reports, Outlook Client etc etc? CRM 3.0 supports only default instance on SQL Server. How about SQL Cluster? Is there any good document to implement CRM 3 in SQL Server 2000 cluster environment? I appreciate your help. Onkar http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringsqlservers.mspx "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1160873095.913396.268610@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and > running wi...

can't send/receive #3
Outlook 2003 I keep getting an error Operation Failed. An object couldn't be found (0x8004010F) How do I fix it? ...

Share point installation on windows server 2008 R2
I have registered for MS partnership programs and gat the setup CD for Windows Server 2008 R2 and installed it. I have even the sharepoint Installation cd 64-bit. When I tried to install the sharepoint server I got the exception as there are compatibility issues. I have also searched for a solution on microsoft site and I was told that I should install WSS3.0. I have downloaded it and installed. After installation, the sharepoint server also got installed and when I try to add any new document under shared Documents section, I am getting an exception. Would any one help me in ...