Installing CRM 1.2 with Office 2003 and BCM

I am trying to install CRM 1.2 onto a Windows XP PRO SP2 laptop. I have
already made the needed configuraitons in IE. Office 2003 SBE OEM was
preinstalled by Dell.

Install hangs at installing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (SP3a)
about 1/2 way through and just sits there. Upon investigation, there was
already an instance of MSDE installed via MS BCM. I uninstalled BCM and
restarted and thought that would fix it.

No go. MSDE for CRM will not complete.

Any one have an idea of what to do?

0
John
3/24/2005 10:49:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On the PC, is the network component "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft
Networks"  installed and running, and is the Server service installed and
running?

"John Tolmachoff" <jtoe@eservicesforyou.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install CRM 1.2 onto a Windows XP PRO SP2 laptop. I have
>already made the needed configuraitons in IE. Office 2003 SBE OEM was
>preinstalled by Dell.
>
> Install hangs at installing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine
> (SP3a) about 1/2 way through and just sits there. Upon investigation,
> there was already an instance of MSDE installed via MS BCM. I uninstalled
> BCM and restarted and thought that would fix it.
>
> No go. MSDE for CRM will not complete.
>
> Any one have an idea of what to do?

0
Peter
3/24/2005 11:05:02 AM
Yes it is. The XP firewall is off, infact I have the service disabled. There
are 15 other users working fine. In fact, just 2 weeks ago I had set up a
laptop using the same setup and that went fine.

"Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> On the PC, is the network component "File and Printer Sharing for
> Microsoft Networks"  installed and running, and is the Server service
> installed and running?
>

> "John Tolmachoff" <jtoe@eservicesforyou.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to install CRM 1.2 onto a Windows XP PRO SP2 laptop. I have
>>already made the needed configuraitons in IE. Office 2003 SBE OEM was
>>preinstalled by Dell.
>>
>> Install hangs at installing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine
>> (SP3a) about 1/2 way through and just sits there. Upon investigation,
>> there was already an instance of MSDE installed via MS BCM. I uninstalled
>> BCM and restarted and thought that would fix it.
>>
>> No go. MSDE for CRM will not complete.
>>
>> Any one have an idea of what to do?

0
John
3/24/2005 4:52:23 PM
Is your Server Service turned on?

Did you completely uninstall the MSDE SQL Database?

Boolean1

> Yes it is. The XP firewall is off, infact I have the service disabled.
> There are 15 other users working fine. In fact, just 2 weeks ago I had set
> up a laptop using the same setup and that went fine.
>
> "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
>> On the PC, is the network component "File and Printer Sharing for
>> Microsoft Networks"  installed and running, and is the Server service
>> installed and running?
>>

>> "John Tolmachoff" <jtoe@eservicesforyou.com> wrote in message
>>>I am trying to install CRM 1.2 onto a Windows XP PRO SP2 laptop. I have
>>>already made the needed configuraitons in IE. Office 2003 SBE OEM was
>>>preinstalled by Dell.
>>>
>>> Install hangs at installing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine
>>> (SP3a) about 1/2 way through and just sits there. Upon investigation,
>>> there was already an instance of MSDE installed via MS BCM. I
>>> uninstalled BCM and restarted and thought that would fix it.
>>>
>>> No go. MSDE for CRM will not complete.
>>>
>>> Any one have an idea of what to do?

0
Boolean1
3/25/2005 6:06:49 AM
The server service was on, and the MS BCM MSDE was completely uninstalled.

I know have it working:

On the advice of another tech, I did the following:
Deleted all the \Program Files\MS SQL Server files
Deleted that users profile.
Removed that user from the local group
Removed the laptop from the domain.
Joined the laptop back to the domain.
Downloaded and installed the MSDE2000A from the SQL Download page.
Added the user to the local group.
Logged on as the user.
Configured Outlook.
Installed CRM.

Installed correctly.

Not exactly which step fixed it but I did not have time to try one at a
time.

"Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Is your Server Service turned on?
>
> Did you completely uninstall the MSDE SQL Database?
>
> Boolean1
>

> "John Tolmachoff" <jtoe@eservicesforyou.com> wrote in message
>> Yes it is. The XP firewall is off, infact I have the service disabled.
>> There are 15 other users working fine. In fact, just 2 weeks ago I had
>> set up a laptop using the same setup and that went fine.
>>
>> "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
>>> On the PC, is the network component "File and Printer Sharing for
>>> Microsoft Networks"  installed and running, and is the Server service
>>> installed and running?
>>>

>>> "John Tolmachoff" <jtoe@eservicesforyou.com> wrote in message

0
John

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

Linking files 2 ways

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

More Columns #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Document Viewer installer error

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit