installing CRM 07-24-07

Hi everyBody
I got a trial copy of CRM 3.0 and I cannot able to install it.
Can i create a server and client version on the same computer.
I got SQL Server 2005 and Do I need to install Outlook as well.
Any Help greatly appreciable.
Thanks in Advance
--
Jaber
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jaber,

First of all, Thank you for your interest in deploying CRM 3.0

Could you specifically elaborate more in what error do you encounter while
installing CRM 3.0 ?

For your reference, please read carefully the CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide
which can be downloaded here :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&displaylang=en

It's recommended not to install the server version and client version in the
same machine (Virtual PC).

CRM 3.0 can be configured to work with SQL 2005 and SQL 2000.

Regards,

Hadi Teo.

On Jul 24, 7:46 pm, Jaber <Ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi everyBody
> I got a trial copy of CRM 3.0 and I cannot able to install it.
> Can i create a server and client version on the same computer.
> I got SQL Server 2005 and Do I need to install Outlook as well.
> Any Help greatly appreciable.
> Thanks in Advance
> --
> Jaber

Are you getting any errors?

0
InFiNiTeX
7/26/2007 12:47:57 AM
Sorry guys I am away from my desk.
The situation is like that, I bought a book working with Microsoft CRM3.0
and I got a free 90 day trial of CRM 3.0. So i want to install it on my home
pc, which is runinng on Window XP. I cannot able to install it on my pc. What
i need to do to install it.

Regards

Thanks heaps
--
Jaber

"Hadi Teo" wrote:

> Hi Jaber,
>
> First of all, Thank you for your interest in deploying CRM 3.0
>
> Could you specifically elaborate more in what error do you encounter while
> installing CRM 3.0 ?
>
> For your reference, please read carefully the CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide
> which can be downloaded here :
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&displaylang=en
>
> It's recommended not to install the server version and client version in the
> same machine (Virtual PC).
>
> CRM 3.0 can be configured to work with SQL 2005 and SQL 2000.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hadi Teo.
>

> "Jaber" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyBody
> > I got a trial copy of CRM 3.0 and I cannot able to install it.
> > Can i create a server and client version on the same computer.
> > I got SQL Server 2005 and Do I need to install Outlook as well.
> > Any Help greatly appreciable.
> > Thanks in Advance
> > --
> > Jaber
Jaber,

if you read
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/product/systemrequirements.mspx which
talks about hardware and software requirements for Microsoft CRM, you'd see
that CRM requires at least Windows 2000 Server or Microsoft SBS as an
absolute minimum.

If you are curious to take a look at CRM, I recommend downloading and
running a Virtual PC demo image. That is, of course, assuming that your home
pc has at least 2GB of RAM to run this image.

Hope this helps
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"Jaber" <Jaber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry guys I am away from my desk.
> The situation is like that, I bought a book working with Microsoft CRM3.0
> and I got a free 90 day trial of CRM 3.0. So i want to install it on my
> home
> pc, which is runinng on Window XP. I cannot able to install it on my pc.
> What
> i need to do to install it.
>
> Regards
>
> Thanks heaps
> --
> Jaber
>

> "Hadi Teo" wrote:
>
>> Hi Jaber,
>>
>> First of all, Thank you for your interest in deploying CRM 3.0
>>
>> Could you specifically elaborate more in what error do you encounter
>> while
>> installing CRM 3.0 ?
>>
>> For your reference, please read carefully the CRM 3.0 Implementation
>> Guide
>> which can be downloaded here :
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&displaylang=en
>>
>> It's recommended not to install the server version and client version in
>> the
>> same machine (Virtual PC).
>>
>> CRM 3.0 can be configured to work with SQL 2005 and SQL 2000.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hadi Teo.
>>

>> "Jaber" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi everyBody
>> > I got a trial copy of CRM 3.0 and I cannot able to install it.
>> > Can i create a server and client version on the same computer.
>> > I got SQL Server 2005 and Do I need to install Outlook as well.
>> > Any Help greatly appreciable.
>> > Thanks in Advance
>> > --
>> > Jaber