Installiang the Crystal Reports add-on to a workstation

Hi, one of my colleagues is trying to generate custom crystal reports for
CRM. He has installed Crystal Reports v9.0 + SP3 which makes his version
9.2.3.970. When he attempts to install the CRM Crystal addon piece (CD5) he
gets an error message referring to "Setup has detected that you have Crystal
Reports 9.2.0 installed. You must first upgrade to Crystal Reports 9.2.2 to
continue with this setup." We are not sure what is causing this message.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Perry

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can download the appropriate version of Crystal Reports 9.2.2 from the
Business Objects Web site:

Crystal Reports Professional Edition version 9.2.2
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip

Crystal Reports Developer Edition version 9.2.2
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRDev922.zip

Once you have downloaded Crystal Reports 9.2.2, you take these steps to set
it up:
1. Install Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on your workstation. Do not install it on
the Microsoft CRM Web server.
2. Enter your valid Crystal Reports 9 license key when asked. (The product
key you have should work)
3. Install the Microsoft CRM CD named CRM v1.2 Crystal Reports Enhancement.

As far as I know you need this exact version, works for me anyway.

Hope this helps,
Richie

"P Blair" wrote:

> Hi, one of my colleagues is trying to generate custom crystal reports for
> CRM. He has installed Crystal Reports v9.0 + SP3 which makes his version
> 9.2.3.970. When he attempts to install the CRM Crystal addon piece (CD5) he
> gets an error message referring to "Setup has detected that you have Crystal
> Reports 9.2.0 installed. You must first upgrade to Crystal Reports 9.2.2 to
> continue with this setup." We are not sure what is causing this message.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Perry

Report Header Lookup Question
I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name to look something like this... Jobs Worked from ________ to _________. How would I make the dates entered in the parameter boxes populate to the header title? Any help is much appreciated. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:29:00 -0700, Adam wrote: > I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are > entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name > to look something like t...

Export report to pdf
I have a report that I want to sent to someone on email as a pdf attachement I go to file - sent to as an attachment and there a window opened with a number of differnt formats to select such as Text, snapshort but no pdf file But my friend's computer when he did the same there is a pdf file in the box for selection What am I mising in my omputer. My computer has ADobe reader version 8 How can get pdf file formate? I read stepen's site but I could not understand because I am a novice. klam Hi, have a look here: http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm -- Best regards, ___________...

HELP RE: DISPLAY CHECK NUMBER ON PAYEE REPORT WITH
How do I get a historic payment reoport for a specific payee including check number, date, amount, and payee name? ie: "Car Loan Payment history for the period 1/1/01 thru today" Payee: Check # : Date: Amount: (and perhaps a running total or a final total) I think I have tried all the built in reports and can't find one to do this or modify existing to do this. I see this information in the "view payee details" window, listed in the format I require but when I select PRINT all that prints is the bar graph that is also displayed on this page. I ca...

How can I make my Headers print on all pages of my report?
Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all of the pages of the document and not just the first page? Thank you. On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:22 -0800, SIRSTEVE wrote: > Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all > of the pages of the document and not just the first page? > > Thank you. What header? There is a Report Header, a Page Header, each group in the report (if you are grouping your data) can have a Header. If you mean the Report Header, you can't. The Report Header, by definition, only prints on th...

Report Writer Conditional Field Question
I should know the answer to this but my head is working on a different problem at the moment. In Report Writer, on a SOP Blank Invoice, I want to conditionally show the SOP_Line_Work_PrimaryShipToAddressCode ONLY when it is not equal to 'Primary' or 'Ship To'. In essence, I need to show the SOP Line Level Address when it's an outlier from their two standard address codes. I built a conditional field in RW that checks for Primary and returns blank ("") or the address. Works great. But now I need to add an OR condition and I'm stuck. I can't seem to be able...

Outlook Express
Help. I am running OE Ver 6 on Windows ME. I am unable to add new identities - only my main ID shows up. When I go to add a new ID it simply asks for a name (I Add a New Name) then it asks if I want to switch to tht ID now - if I do OE dissapears into Cyberworld. My wife is getting a little annoyed about this and has threatened "ACTION" if the problem is not fixed soon. Help Me PLEASE DAvy ...

Reports for Orders
Hello! I am trying to create a report that is based on Orders. That is, the report will display Orders and group its underlying Activities and summarise their durations. An order named A has 4 activities. Two of them have the Category field set to A and have 3 hours duration each. Two of them have the Category field set to B and have 4 hours duration each. The report would look like this: Order Name A Activity Category A duration 6 hours Activity Category B duration 8 hours So I went to Crystal Reports and started playing with it. First thing I find is that ...

Third Party Report
Hi, We are using a Third Party with GP 10 and it has it's own POP purchase order blank form and can see by clicking on gp tools Customize Report Writer and selecting the third party product name. I go to Alternate/modified forms and reports to give access to it by selecting the third party product in the product drop down menu and selecting reports unfortunately I don't see it there any idea how to make the system print the third party POP in place of the standart one? thanks for the help Well, have you generated a purchase order? If you are using a third party add-on, you w...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

How to integrate crystal report with vc++
Hi all I am very new in the field forsoftware development. I have to integrate crystal reports with my vc++ application, which will distribute to clients. I find some stuff on net but i have some confusions. 1. what is best method(easy, quick to develop, and flexible in genrating reports) to integrate it, i.e crystal activex control, crystal automation server, crystal report engine, or some other else. 2. Is we can make crystal project(EXE) and integrate with my vc++ application, like data reports of vb. If yes, how can I, and for this what version of crystal report i have to use(i.e standar...

CRM 4.0 reports #2
Is anybody know how to create new SSRS report for crm 4.0 and deploy? On May 21, 2:32=A0am, lily <uma_natara...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is anybody know how to create new SSRS report for crm 4.0 and deploy? For a simple report you have the report wizard within the client. Otherwise you will need to use an SRS report writer such as the one in Visual Studio. If you create one in Visual Studio, log into CRM as Administrator and you should be able to add in the report through the client. Leon Tribe ...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

Add pecent and value on the same graph
I would like to add the percent and the value and display it within a pie chart. Thanks for your help. You can calculate the percentages on the worksheet, and use a formula to create the labels. For example, with the following data in in A1:B3 -- Jan 25 Feb 25 Mar 50 Enter the following formula in cell C1, and copy down to C3: =B1/SUM($B$1:$B$3) To calculate the text for the pie chart labels, enter the following formula in cell D1, and copy down to D3: =B1 & " " & TEXT(C1,"0%") When you create the pie chart, in step 2 of the Chart Wizard, click ...

Add autotext drop-down menu to header and footer entry
I used to have a utility for Excel that added the same autotext drop-down menu that is in Word to an Excel spreadsheet. Does anyone know where to find or how to add via VBA? TIA -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com ...

Business Portal 2.0 and SQL Reporting Services
Hello - I just recently installed Business Portal on a new server and then installed SQL reporting services on the same box. The installation of SQL reporting services broke Business Portal! I can get to http://server/reports but not http://server/sites/BusinessPortal. What do I need to get these both to work on the same box? Thank You!! Good Morning!! What error message do you get when you try to browse to Business Portal? I don't know much about SQL Reporting Services, but do you have to select a website for it to run? Thanks, Rekoj "GreenThumb" wrote: > Hell...

Report preview error
Hi all. We have a problem with reports on one system; there is an error message when we try to preview a report in the report list. The error says something like (translating from local language) "The report cannot be executed because a component 'Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services' is not installed". All the reports can be run normally by opening them first, it's just the preview that isn't working. This is a CRM 4.0 setup, where the SQL Server with Reporting Services is running on the same server as CRM server. I found this in the system...

Crystal
Hi, I am trying to modify reports. I have Crystal Reports 9.22 I have installed the MS CRM Crystal Enhancements CD. I have read the FAQ doc. Crystal Reports is installed on my desktop - not the CRM server. When I try to log on to the APS server I get the following Error dialog box. "Failed to download secEnterprise plug-in setup program." Crystal support gave up and asked me to contact Microsoft. any help would be great. Thanks, Jaime ------=_NextPart_0001_08CBFE31 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Jaime, The error that you are en...

eXtender SOP Reports - GP8
The following calculated field exists on some eXtender reports: FUNCTION_SCRIPT( RW_SOP_GetCustomerItemDescription SOP_LINE_WORKItemNumber) I would like to add it to my modified report, but cannot seem to find the function. I have followed the instructions, and checked what functions are available under each module (and only saw one). Would anyone know what I'm missing? Is this a GP functions that I have to bring into the eXtender library? If so, how? Is it not already here if I see it used [successfully] on other reports? Thank you, Maria. ...

Print Report Landscape
On my form I put a Print Button. This button prints the current record only, using an embedded macro. It works fine, except the record is printed in portait. I need it to print landscape. What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks Add this code to your print button OnClick event: Dim vPrinter As Access.Printer Set vPrinter = Application.Printer vPrinter.Orientation = acPRORLandscape -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Summing multiple fields on a form" wrote: > On my form I put a Print Button. This button prints the current record only, >...

Add data labels without displaying data points?
I have a bar graph showing payer mixes for our 3 business units, 6 bars for each unit, with the data labels above each bar showing the percent of total. Across the bottom of graph I would like to add the prior year percentages for comparison, but I don't want to include that data in the graph - just display the percentage. I tried adding a text box with the information, but I'm not able to consistently get it to line up with the current data. I also tried adding individual text boxes linked to my data, but this was not ideal because of the difficulty in lining them up as well...

Report format 04-10-07
Is it possilbe to report data within a row instead of a column? For example, if I had 3 records from a particular query, it would show up like this: Record1 Record2 Record3 I have a table that has data for each week. I want to put the week number as the heading for each column. Is this possible? Thanks, Jasper On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:36:37 -0400, "Jaz" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possilbe to report data within a row instead of a column? > >For example, if I had 3 records from a particular query, it would show up >like this: > >Re...

Adding HST and QST taxes to Invoice report
Just a background on each tax: HST is 8% of sales QST is 7.5% calculated after adding 5% GST I found out how to get these taxes calculating correctly in GP, but am having troubles having the amounts print correctly on the Invoice crystal report. For some reason, sometimes it gives the right tax amount, other times it is way off (usually less). Here's what I have for the calculated field in GP report writer: Conditional: "SOP_Tax_WORK_HIST.Tax Detail ID = "S-QST" AND SOP_LINE_WORK.Component Sequence = 0" True Case: "SOP_Tax_WORK_HIST.Sales Tax Amou...

IE8 quit by itself when select manage add-ons
Using IE 8 on XP Pro with latest updates. After selected Manage Add-Ons, IE quit by itself. Tried to reset default settings; started with -extoff option; and removed and reinstall IE 8 still the same. WinXP SP2 or SP3? Are both KB980182 and KB979683 listed in Add/Remove Programs? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed, uninstalled, and/or reinstalled IE8? ...

Does anyone know where I can find SWstat+ add-in for Excel?
Help w/ Statistics - > Does anyone know where I can find SWstat+ add-in for Excel? < The SW Stat+ add-in is usually available (a) from the CD accompanying a statistics textbook or (b) from a web site provided by the publisher (South-Western of Cengage Learning). - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel ...

2004 Money report printing errors
When I print a report, it loses the sub total and total lines. Which reports? Do you have, for example, letter size setup in the printer setup with A4 size paper? Have you tried the print landscape instead of portrait? Make sure you have the latest printer drivers too. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do...